Study Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

A Helping Hand...  closed 

"She really had four cats at one time?! That's really amazing. I can barely handle one cat, to be honest. Dina is very dependent on my parents and I. She's really affectionate all the time, so she's constantly rubbing her face against mine and stepping in front of my books when I'm trying to read." Allie let out a laugh before shaking her head slightly in response to his questions. Allie watched him fold spare parchment into cranes. "My mom used to do that too. It's called something right? Origami or something like that. She used to make flowers and stuff like that for me to use as bookmarks." Allie sighed a bit. She was beginning to feel a bit homesick. "Oh, not really. I've read about like what teams are which, and whenever England wins my dad is always in a good mood, but I've never really been interested in sports or anything, so I've never really had the desire to keep up with Quidditch." She stretched her back slightly. "I feel you on the tired thing. Homework can be so tiring, especially if it's a subject that you have to be very specific with like with Potions or Transfiguration."
Last edited by Allie Jones on 26th March 2019, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donny was glad he and Allie were on a good level. Sure, she wasn't the biggest Qudditch fan, but not everyone will be. He nodded his head in agreement as she mentioned the word 'Origami'. "Yes, that's the word!" Donny said looking back down at his assortment of paper cranes, or Origami rather. "I learned how to do it back in muggle school," he told her, looking back in his mind for a bit. "It takes a little time..." he continued, creasing another spare piece of parchment, "But anyone can get the hang of it really." He looked up at Allie, noticing she too needed something to do rather than chat in a boring study room. "Here," he said, passing her a sheet of parchment. "Fold this in half, and i'll show you some Origami," he said, biting his tongue as he finished his last crane. 

He'd only known how to do Origami for no more than two years, and what better to do when your bored and have little time to spare? He took out another sheet for himself and folded it in unison. "I'll show you how to make a paper hat! Considering class starts soon, i'll make it quick!" he added, smiling...      

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” - Albus percival wulfric brian dumbledore “The ones who love us never really leave us, you
can always find them in here.” - Sirius black
Strength: 6, Agility: 10, Control: 8, Stamina: 6

Allie was glad to have made at least one friend so far in her time here. It wasn't often that she was able to sit down and talk with someone like this. She usually spent most of her time doing homework, or just staring off into space with her nose stuck in a book. "You went to a muggle school before you came here? How was that? I've heard about what that's like from my cousins and stuff. They think that I go to some fancy private school since they're not allowed to know that I'm actually a witch." 

She shrugged her shoulders slightly. "They send me letters every now and then. Of course, they have to give it to my parents to send to me because they can't use owls, but it works out in the end." Allie leaned her head on the back of the chair, using her hand as a sort of makeshift cushion. She perked up a bit at Donny's offer to teach her how to do the paper folding. "Really? You'd really teach me how to make something as cool as that out of some pieces of parchment?" She took the piece of parchment that he had offered her and followed his directions in folding it carefully.

Donny smiled, and continued to fold his paper accordingly, doing it extra slow for a guide. He pondered about his next answer. "Well...muggle school was okay but for me it was quite difficult actually. They were never quite find of me there, and my mum went to school there before Hogwarts as well, it might be prejudice, but I'd never be sure why, she made top grades even before she became a Witch." he said, his eyebrows furrowing with confusion. "Anyways, I like to do this stuff, in fact, it helps me cope sometimes even more than venturing out on the grounds." he continued, creasing his paper aggressively to get his point across about creasing being a crucial part in Origami.

"So...what is your favorite part of Hogwarts? You know-other than studying, like-fun wise?" he asked Allie, trying to keep a conversation as it was near time for them to get to classes, his being his least Transfiguration of course. He meanwhile was also worrying about potions class, he'd forgotten to get his scales out of his trunk, and he wasn't really allowed to crawl back up to the dorms, so there he was, empty satchel and all ready for his classes...       

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” - Albus percival wulfric brian dumbledore “The ones who love us never really leave us, you
can always find them in here.” - Sirius black
Strength: 6, Agility: 10, Control: 8, Stamina: 6
  Back