Study Room

Register
Sign in

All Work and No Play  PV Mae Winters   Closed 

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

January 20th, 2019

Homework: the one thing that every kid dreads. Well, every sane kid at least. Once you finished your current load, there always seemed to be more waiting just around the bend. Unfortunately for her, Amanda had let her homework pile up, choosing to do other, more fun activities instead. And while it seemed like a good idea in the moment, it was in fact the very opposite.

Amanda sat at a table, staring blankly at a sheet of parchment. She was supposed to be writing down her Charms homework, but she just couldn’t bring herself to do it. She lifted her head and looked around the room at all the other students. Ugh, I wish I had someone to study with. Amanda thrived on socializing, despite her being shy in her first year. Something had changed between then and now, and whatever it was, Amanda liked it.

She reached for her quill and dipped it in ink, poised to write. But instead she just watched the ink drip onto the parchment, practically bored to death. Amanda sighed and snatched a tissue from nearby, dabbing at the ink stain. Well, that’s most definitely not coming off this dumb parchment, she thought dismally. Amanda tossed the used tissue into a trash can and slumped forwards, laying her head down on the table.

“Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.”
~ Amanda Sparrow ~

School work was just the tip of the iceberg for Mae. She always meant to do school work and homework alike but recently she would find herself in the situation of having more important, fun, things to do. Now because of those more fun, important things, Mae found herself with a newfound pile up of work to turn in. 

It all started last week when Mae decided to go hang out with a friend and made the same excuse of 'Oh I'll just do it later' but came back from that hangout to find she wasn't going to do it later. That day turned into two, and two turned into three and soon Mae found herself almost a week behind in school related things. 

In this case having 7 different classes to catch up on meant more than a fair share of work. Mae just wish she had someone to do all of this with, hopefully someone who knew pretty well about the subject. On top of the dreaded pile of homework she had many missing assignments for Transfig. which she knew she wasn't the best at. 

She looked up to see if there was anyone she knew or at least anyone from her house. Over on the other side of the room, Mae saw a girl with brown hair who had Ravenclaw robes. Perfect, maybe she's a second year. Mae thought to herself as she picked up the pile of work she had to do and sat down at the table the girl was at. Mae set down her books and stared at the girl. 

-Mae Winters-
"The Wooooorst"- Jean-Ralphio (Parks and Recreation)

Amanda started at the sound of books thumping next to her on the table. Her tiredness had caused her to almost fall asleep. Sighing, she sat up and rubbed her eyes, somewhat unnerved to find a girl staring at her. She cleared her throat and looked at the girl curiously. “Um, may I help you?” Amanda glanced down at the girl’s robes and noticed that she was a Ravenclaw also. “Oh cool, we’re in the same house,” she commented casually, trying to spark a conversation. She winced at her own lousy attempt to socialize. Even though she had mostly come out of her shell over the last summer, Amanda still had her awkward moments.

She cleared her throat and refocused her attention on the books that were in front of her. “Right, so... are you here to do homework too?” Amanda glanced at the work that the girl had brought over with her. “We could work together, if you’d like. I’ve got a ton of homework to do myself,” she offered, gesturing to her scattered work that lay on the table and sighing. “What subjects do you have homework in? I have Charms, Potions, and Astronomy.” She picked up her copy of the Book of Spells and began thumbing through it, looking for their current lesson.

“Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.”
~ Amanda Sparrow ~

Mae started to believe she looked weird just staring at the poor girl, who looked confused about the ordeal. The girl asked if she could help Mae and then remarked how they were in the same house. Mae felt awkward just sitting there and the girl asked “Right, so... are you here to do homework too?” as she looked at the stack of papers Mae had plopped on the table. 

She then said "We could work together, if you’d like. I’ve got a ton of homework to do myself,” Mae was a little relieved that she could get help on the subjects that she had to do. The girl then said she had Charms, Potions and Astronomy. 

"Hi, yeah I'm sorry just staring was a bit weird," Mae said with a small awkward laugh. "Yeah, it would be nice to work with someone, as you can tell I'm a bit swamped," she added with a nervous smile and made a notion to the mass amount of work she dragged over. 

"Also thats a bit of a relief I have Astronomy, Transfiguration and Herbology but I could help if you need it for Charms," Mae offered kindly, at the back of her mind she did hope this girl was good at Transfiguration because she knew that she wasn't the greatest at it. "Oh I forgot, my name is Mae, what's yours?" Mae said with an inquisitive tone. 

-Mae Winters-
"The Wooooorst"- Jean-Ralphio (Parks and Recreation)