Study Room

Register
Sign in

Time For a Study Buddy  PV L.Anderson 

Sonya needed to study more. Sure, she was doing well in all of her classes, she had very good marks, but she was often distracted. She was a girl with lots of energy so in class it was usually hard to focus with so many things going on around her. She needed to word hard outside of class to make sure she got enough information to get good marks. She had written to her father about her struggle and he suggested getting someone to work with. Not necessarily a tutor, just someone she could study and do homework with, a study buddy!
She decided to set out to the study room in search for a new study buddy. She didn't want to just approach random people and ask, so she decided to sit for a bit and observe. To see who looked smart and approachable. Sonya sat at a table and opened a book and notebook, but gazed up and scanned the room. Ok, so maybe she was overthinking this a bit. So what? She just needed to find a good study buddy. She looked over the room some more and observed the people in it, looking for anyone who seemed like a hopeful match for a study buddy.

"Life is never what you plan"

After wandering around the school for a while -- which would never stop bringing him surprise because this time he just caught a sight of randomly moving tree from afar -- Lars decided it was the time to get to know the wizarding world better. Academically, rather than through exploration, which meant he got to read all the books he bought at Diagon Alley. It would probably a bit boring for him but granted, he was a fast learner and didn't need a lot of time to remember or understand something.

He had been inside the study room for a while now, reading Hogwarts, A History -- because he was trying to find more secrets the school had -- and sometimes opened the Book of Spells and muttered the incantations when he was bored but, of course, wandless. Despite being sorted into Sytherin house -- which was great -- he was more immersed with the story of Helga Hufflepuff at the moment. The Sorting Hat clearly revealed that his late mother was sorted into the house of Badger and despite the history which showed a not so friendly relationship between the founder of Slytherin and the others, and the song which revealed how the Hufflepuff had an exactly different principle with the Slytherin, Lars decided he would be nice towards the Badgers.

And now, let's see, maybe there would be a Badger around to tell him more about the house..

Lars Anderson
-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant-

After looking around the room a bit more she decided to approach looking Slytherin boy. Some might say a Slytherin wouldn't be helpful and that they're all just super rude, but Sonya didn't believe that. After all, that was only a stereotype and there were so many different kinds of people in all of the houses. Besides, this boy looked friendly enough. She walked over to the table that he was sitting at and sat right across from him. He was reading Hogwarts, A History. That was something Sonya had read plenty of times, perhaps they could have a nice conversation about it.
She took a small breath before speaking to him. "Is this your first time reading that book? I've read Hogwarts, A History a few times and I think it's great, very informative," she said, hoping she sounded friendly and approachable. She leaned over a bit and looked at the page he was on. It was a part about Hufflepuff, just her area of expertise. Actually, she knew plenty about all the houses as she found them all equally interesting. Still, she'd been reading a lot about Hufflepuff since it was her house now. "I'm Sonya and I lots about Hufflepuff if you have any questions," she introduced herself, gesturing at the page.

Looking around for a while, Lars eyes caught a sight of a Hufflepuff girl sitting behind a table not so far from his. What made it a bit funny was the girl seemed to noticed his presence as well and eventually stood up from her seat. Lars, of course thought if the girl was going to leave the study room, because probably feel uncomfortable with his sudden stare. So he was a bit surprised when the girl actually walked to his direction -- his eyes just unconsciously followed her movements -- and finally sat down across him. Lars greeted the girl with a small smile. It seemed as if the stars just granted his wish.

"Hey. Yes, this is my first time reading the book and I must say I'll probably only able to finish it by the time I reach my third year," said him, chuckling. "Although I must agree this is an interesting book, indeed. I especially like that part about the enchanted ceiling and wonder I they'll teach us to do it here. Surely it will be a great set for my house one day."

He saw the girl leaning over to see the part which he was reading and he pushed the book closer to her.

"Pleased to meet you, Sonya. My name's Lars." He nodded his head to complete the introduction. "Well, I'd like to hear a story about Hufflepuff than actually read it. But first of all, just curious, why do you think the Sorting Hat put you in Hufflepuff?" asked him in wonder.

Lars Anderson

Sonya listened as Lars introduced himself and asked a question. "Well, to be honest I'n not completely sure," Sonya said. It was true, she wasn't completely sure why the Sorting Hat put her in Hufflepuff over all the other houses. She was brave and passionate like a Gryffindor, she was creative and curious like a Ravenclaw, and ambitious like a Slytherin. Well, maybe she didn't really have a good chance with Slytherin. But that to the side Sonya could've fit in with all the other houses. "I thought I had a good chance of being in any of the houses. And I think that's true for anyone really, we all have some traits of each house in us. It's just the traits that we have the most of and choose to act upon," she nodded and carried on with her response, "I guess the Sorting Hat put me in Hufflepuff because I have lots of those traits and I think it's a good house. I really like my house all the people there are so nice!" She had met lots of people from her house and they were all really kind and generous people. She truly felt like she belonged there. "How about you, why do you think you were put in Slytherin?"

Good chance of being in any of the houses.

The words kind of stuck in his mind and for a while wondering for a while if the statement was made because the girl had a great self confidence or if it really was what happened to anyone. He tried to remember the song of the Sorting Hat. Gryffindor, bravery. Lars thought he was brave but never was a person who would sacrifice himself for the sake of saving random people. Ravenclaw, intelligent and wise. Honestly, the house was probably the most ambiguous amongst all because, well, he personally thought everyone was intelligent in their own area, but Lars definitely not very wise. Hufflepuff, fair and loyal. He did loyal once he trusted someone, but he didn't really think being fair to anyone was necessary because he believed someone should be treated based on what they deserved. Anyway the Sorting Hat clearly refused his request to be put into Hufflepuff house.

"So, you're saying the Sorting Hat put you in the house because you think you are kind?" asked him teasingly.

Well, maybe she really was. I mean, she was the one who approached him and started being friendly. It made him wonder about the time his mother spent at Hogwarts. He realy wished everyone also being nice to her.

So why was he sorted into Slytherin?

"Well, I do ambitious and never falter and, yes, I will use any means to achieve my goal. That's the main reason why I can finally attend Hogwarts, honestly."

His eyebrows furrowed as he remember how his father forbade him to attend Hogwarts just because he thought it was a shame to the family. Rubbish.

"So I read Helga Hufflepuff is great at cookery. Do you have your own private kitchen in your common room? Just curious, because, I don't know, being a Hufflepuff maybe there're a lot of students sharing the same interest with her."

Last edited by Lars Anderson on 24th October 2018, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lars Anderson

Sonya laughed at his remark about why she was put into Hufflepuff. That was actually a pretty good explanation, simple and to the point. She was a kind person, and loyal too. She nodded as he answered her question. It was an interesting response, she wondered what he did to attend Hogwarts if it was as hard for him as he made it sound. "Sounds like a good fit," she remarked about his sorting.

Sonya laughed yet again when Lars asked her about a private kitchen in the Hufflepuff common room. "I wish!" she said through her laughs, "But unfortunately, no there is not. It's a shame really, I love food although I'm not exactly the best at cooking." That would be cool to have though, she should suggest that to someone. It would be amazing to just get food in her own common room, rather than having to go out. "The Hufflepuff common room is pretty nice though, even without a private kitchen," she giggled at the notion, "It's cozy, and there are lots of plants."

The Hufflepuff common room was a good place to go to just chill out. She loved to just curl up on a chair by the fireplace with a good book. It also had plenty of great people. She wondered what other common rooms were like. "What's the Slytherin common room like? I've never gotten the chance to ask."

The fact that there wasn't any kitchen inside the Hufflepuff common room made him think if all common room in Hogwarts would probably look the same to each other and only had difference in the color and the portrait inside. I his common room was a fine looking intelligent wizard with a locket which emblemed with a letter S on it. Obviously referring to his last name. And the conversation about the kitchen made him wonder about another thing. The food in the Great Hall. They couldn't just appeared out of nothing, could it? Someone must've cooked it somewhere and magicked them to the Great Hall. He had to praise them though for making delicious foods and managed to send it right onto the table rather than someone's head.

"Plants," repeated him, grinning. "Oh I know. It must be because Hufflepuff colors are representing the element of the ground, yes?"

Slytherin colors, on the other hand, represented the element of water even though he had no idea which part of them look like water. Perhaps the silver one? Because green for water was just... not clean.

"Green and serpent everywhere," replied him when asked about his common room. "The sofas are made of leather and the light is.. green. It looks great but at the same time, cold. Maybe because it's practically placed under the lake? The people are nice even though some of them are also a bit, you know, tense."

That was what he feel about his dorm mate and, no, he wasn't complaining about it as meeting people with different characteristics was fun for him.

Lars Anderson

Sonya nodded to confirm that the plants in the Hufflepuff common room were indeed because the Hufflepuff element was earth. The Slytherin common room sounded about like she had pictured it. She had definitely thought leather sofas and not as cozy as the other common rooms. Green light sounded interesting, a creative way to incorporate green into the Slytherin color scheme. It must be cold, it being so low in the castle.

Slytherin did have the stereotype of being tense and rude, but Sonya didn't think that was true. Sure, it did have it's mean people, but really every house did. She did see it come out a bit more with Slytherins however. Maybe it was because being willing to do anything to get what they want some people felt like it was necessary to be rude to people who they thought would get in their way. "Yeah, I hear some people their aren't exactly the nicest," Sonya stated, "But there are those kinds of people in every house and there are plenty of people who are nice." She realized that although the houses have different traits, they all had some of the same sorts of people, although maybe some more than others. The different houses were more similar than she had first realized.