Study Room

Register
Sign in

A Recipe For Disaster

Amelia sat in the study room with her potions book on the table in front of her. Amelia hated potion's with a passion, she just couldn't wrap her head around it. Most days, Amelia would find herself leaving potions class with a detention for ruining school property or almost harming the professor or another student due to the explosions she caused. Amelia let out a loud groan as she slammed her hand down on the table out of frustration, this act earning her quite a few glares from other students who were attempting to study for upcoming exams and others who were already revising for their O.W.LS and their N.E.W.TS.

Amelia smiled sheepishly at the students, muttering a ''sorry'', recieving a couple of eyerolls in return. Amelia looked at her book blankly. None of it made sense to her and it shocked her that most people actually understood what was happening in that class, but sadly when trying to explain potions to Amelia it went in one ear and out the other. It was completely hopeless. Amelia was a whiz at Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts, but keep her away from potions. Amelia just wished she could have some form of help in he subject that atually helped improve her abilities in the subject.

life is soup and im a fork

A Recipe For Disaster

Tina watched from a far distance as the girl from her potions class groaned loudly as she slammed her hand down on the table. She had been meaning to help her in potions, but she was unsure in how to approach her. She has met Hufflepuffs, other Ravenclaws, and even a Slytherin, but never once has she met a Gryffindor. Her Slytherin father said to stay away from them, but she felt he was being judgmental since Gryffindors and Slytherins didn’t get along until… her Hufflepuff mother agreed with him. She still believed being sorted into a house that defined you was a ridiculous system and should be eliminated entirely, but she trusted her parents.

No, she thought to herself. She wasn’t going to judge this girl on her house, but rather her personality. She admired her perseverance and was confident she would get the material with some extra guidance. Putting on a determined look, Tina took a quick peek at her long wavy bright red hair and her gold doe eyes that seemed to brighten her pale skin which reflected on a window. She hoped she look presentable. She didn’t have the best people skills, but she wouldn’t let that stop her from helping someone else. She walked briskly to the other side of the room and confronted the girl. Feigning confidence, she said, “Hi, I’m Tina. Would you like to work on that potion together? What kind of potion is it?”

Tina Addington
~Strive for Success, Kill with Kindness, Defeat and Destroy, Read and Recall

A Recipe For Disaster

Amelia jumped, getting a slight shock when she heard a voice near her, she wasn't expecting anyone to approach her. Amelia peeked up through her eyelashes trying to figure out who had come over to her. She recognised the girl due to her vivid red hair. Amelia couldn’t quite remember the girl’s name but she knew that they shared a potions class and maybe a few others. The girls had never spoken prior to this and Amelia was curious as to why the girl approached her now, but when she introduced herself and mentioned potions, it became very clear why the girl spoke to her. She had obviously noticed Amelia’s frustration earlier.

Amelia smiled and tucked a loose strand of hair, that had fallen loose from her ponytail, behind her ear. “Um...I’m Amelia but you can call me Lia if you want. I’m working on ‘the Cure for Boils’ potions, you know just revising for the class test coming up.” Amelia began, not realising that she was beginning to rant. “Which I’m bound to fail due to my incompetence and patience for this subject. I can’t fail this test, I need to prove the professor that I can do okay in potions and that I’m not a complete fail.” Amelia finished with a huff, her cheeks tinting a dark pink when she realised that she had set off ranting to a girl she met a mere three minutes ago. “Eh... sorry about that.” Amelia said, staring at the table.

life is soup and im a fork

A Recipe For Disaster

Tina sat next to her as she listened to her rant about how she had to pass the next test to prove herself to the professor.

“I don’t mind your ranting. Sometimes we need to just release the tensions that hold us back before we focus and move forward.” She remembered when she would complain constantly to her parents when she was failing her art classes. She threw an intro to drawing book out the window until her dad helped her focus more. He had explained to her that some things wouldn’t come easy to her and that she’d have to try harder and put more effort into it. Even though she never became an expert, she got better at it.

“As for the Cure for Boils potion, you probably shouldn’t just read the book. Try making colorful flashcards as you go over each step. You’d be reviewing it and have study material to reference back to when final exams draw near,” she says as she placed crayons, markers, and flashcards from her gray and black striped backpack. With a small smile across her face, she says, “I’ll make my own set with you if you want to try studying this way.”

"Oh, I have to go, " I say abruptly before leaving.

Reducio
I left the thread.

Tina Addington
~Strive for Success, Kill with Kindness, Defeat and Destroy, Read and Recall