Study Room

Register
Sign in

Reunions  PV Eri Windstone 

It was a long day, tiring, annoying, full of first years spinning in circles trying to learn where they were going. Lucien wondered how he had managed to get through first year. It was like something was there to attempt to kill them at every turn and danger lurking in every corner. It made Lucien's paranoia even worse thinking about it. Lucien didn't like how quiet the study room at the moment. Normally he liked silence, but after first year everything made him worry. He felt like he was a little kid again. Acting like everything was ok until it all broke down.

Sighing he went back to scribbling things on his paper, linking events to words looking for any pattern. Not finding anything consistent he crumpled the paper up a bit louder than he thought it was he received a glare from a seventh year. Hearing the door creak open he looked up to see someone familar to him. Eri, they had attended the same horrible dreaded Pure-blood academy. Lucien hated even thinking about that place. Every day seemed to be the same, Odette got bullied, Aravis punched somebody and got threatened, Lucien normally was trying to cheer himself up, and Maven was being pushed into a koi pond. Lucien had never really noticed if anyone else had a routine. "Hello Eri. Long time no see." Lucien smiled.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

Honestly how did she manage it? Eri asked herself that question a lot. Many first years kept getting lost in the vast castle that was Hogwarts. She didn't really remember how she made it through her first year, but it happened. Sometimes a quiet place helped a lot and sometimes being with people also helped.

The brunette wiped some of her hair out of her face and continued walking towards the study room. Maybe something good would happen today and nothing bad would happen. It wasn't a very long walk to the study room, but sometimes it felt like it.

Arriving at the study room Eri opened the door and walked in. As her emerald green eyes scanned the room they rested on a familiar face causing her to smile. She waved at him and walked over to sit next to him.

"Long time no see indeed. Hello Lucien. How have you been?" She asked him. They went to the same pureblood academy when they were little. Though she wanted to forget that place and never think about it. But that didn't always happen. It was nice to see someone she knew. It was a good escape from the stress she gets from school.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Somewhat surprised Eri actually remembered him Lucien smiled. "Doing well, I finally have time to study and work on potions rather than being insulted by children." He spoke a bit quiet with a slight laugh. It had been a while since he laughed. It had been about two years since Lucien had last seen Eri. Last time he spoke to her at the horrible school, that wasn't all that bad unless you were and Escanora, or Eri, was the last day he had before he was pulled out of Summerset and went to home schooling. He moved his hair in front of his green eye, mostly out of habit.

"How have you been? Is Hogwarts better than Summerset for you? I haven't really seen anyone else from that hell hole so far." He questioned trying to keep the conversation light. He had forgotten how hard it was to talk to people he knew. After all, he was always able to talk to his sister, and had even made new friends, however, talking to someone he had known years back was proving to be rather difficult. He regretted even mentioning the name of the school, it left bitter taste in his mouth.

~

Eri nodded. "Yeah, I agree it is easier to focus here. I guess I'm finding it easier to be around people." Eri said. Though she hoped he wouldn't mention Summerset. She hated that. Once the Escanora's left she was the main focus of all the bullying and had no more friends left at that place. So that's why she learned to fight. 

And he did mention it, but she was fine with it. "I'm fine I guess. Got a detention this year so I'm hoping I don't get anymore. And yeah it's better. Once you, your sister, and your cousin left I became the center of attention and had no more friends. But I learned how to fight and then people backed off. But I want to forget that hell hold please." She said trying to dismiss the topic. 

Since he had seen her last she had dyed her hair and she hoped he wouldn't criticize her for it. She really liked her dyed hair it made her look not as pretty as she was and she didn't want the attention ever. So as long as nobody teases her she should be alright. 

"I'm just glad to actually have friends again."

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Lucien nods understandingly. "Yeah, I was the only one who left, but I'm pretty sure Ara got suspended for beating people up quite a few times. You actually remind me of her, which I mean as good thing, despite her illnesses and all." He said smiling steering away from the thought of Summerset. They rarely talked anymore, all because of the train ride to Hogwarts. They had managed to get into a fight that was much worse than normal. "Ara, dyed her hair...white. I was not expecting it at all, it looks good and all but...it was such a shocker. Your hair dye looks pretty cool though. I'm 90% sure Ara only dyed hers for the symbol of innocence and purity." He said mocking Ara's voice with the last 5 words.

He laughed slightly at it. "I haven't socialized in so long I think I forgot how." Lucien shrugged not really knowing what else to say. "Depending on how much gossip you know you've probably heard about Ara and I getting in a fight. I'd advise you not to get near Aravis for a time, she's been different for quite a while now, so she lashes out easily." He said warning Eri, he wouldn't want Ara to lash out at Eri, or anyone for the matter.
Last edited by Lucien Escanora on 19th November 2018, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~

"Oh, I didn't see Aravis anymore so I thought you both left. So home schooling was way better I guess?" Eri nodded and looked down at her paper she didn't really talk much to people she knew. 

"So she dyed her hair? That's cool I guess. Thanks, I wish my older brothers thought that way too. Took them a while to like it or Arvin the very least get used to it. So she is a lot different now. Well people change over time I guess." She hadn't seen Aravis since last year. Though she wasn't sure if she was going to see her this year. If what Lucien said was true which it probably was since they were siblings. 

"I don't socialize enough to hear gossip. I don't socialize that much so I don't mess up the few friendships that I have." She said looking down at her paper then back up. "So how are you doing? It's been a while since I've talked with someone who relates to my childhood."  Eri said then wiped a peice of hair out of her face. She smiled and wondered what else to ask. She didn't know what to ask or say.

Lucien winced at home-schooling. "After I left school, I...went silent. I was physically unable to speak for a year and a half, which was torture, I didn't really get to do much schooling since I was in and out of hospitals for my, well, conditions." He said the last word a bit more quiet. It brought back memories and flash backs of things he had seen and feared in his mind. "But yeah, Ara hasn't been the same since she got burnt in the Blossom ball fire." He remained quiet letting Eri talk for some time.

She asked how Lucien was doing, which was a tricky subject for him. "It's a bit complicated. Good moments and bad moments, the usual. My cure for myopia is almost finished though. However, it doesn't exactly cure it forever which is frustrating. I don't have to wear dreaded glasses all the time now though which is nice." He said smiling. He still wasn't used to speaking. Since he had gotten to Hogwarts he had been struggling to speak after his silent phase. "After I finish my cure, well, I guess all aspects to life end for me. I will have completed my life goal, nothing left really. I didn't think I'd finish this soon, it's weird." It was an odd thing to think about for Lucien. "How have you been?"

~

Eri frowned at his wince. "I'm sorry. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Eri hated making people uncomfortable so she decided to just drop. "Ah, the fire. It scared many and sadly, I knew the culprit. Though I didn't go uncsathed either, but Aravis was changed? I can understand that. The shock probably. I have had my fair share of shock and ptsd that comes with some of it." Eri said the last bit a little quietly.

Eri nodded along as he spoke. So he has been working on a cure for myopia. Then he asked her how she has been. "I miss Ukraine. My best friend Zaire and I write letters to each other and I miss him. Though I have only lived in Ukraine for two years, but I go there every year with my family. And I need more friends. People I guess are intimidated by a girl who has broken a kids jaw and broken a kiss nose. But I hope eveything goes well in life for you and Aravis." She winced at her last sentence noticing that wasn't the greatest. "Sorry I'm not used to talking with people a lot." 

"The fire seemed to make her a bit kinder towards people at first, helped her realize she isn't perfect but then...it was like something completely new, she is paranoid and literally ready to fight anything to moves or breathes. I think she has too much PTSD to function honestly." He stated before listening to how she talked about Ukraine. Ukraine was one of the few places Lucien hadn't been. It sounded interesting and fun.

"At least you write letters. I understand what you mean about people being afraid of someone who broke someones jaw and nose, Aravis did similar things as a kid, which of course I'm pretty sure you might have witnessed some of that. Friends are tricky things, I've never really had one, I had Beck, but he isn't really around much anymore. Normally I have advice on every subject but this is one of the two I have zero knowledge on. And I'm sure she will recover from her outburst soon, she always does in the end."

Noting the time he began to pack his books. "I hate to leave abruptly but I'm terrible late for the rest of my daily routine. I guess I'll see you around sometime soon." Lucien smiled as he went out the door sprinting down the hall muttering about his schedule.
Lucien exits the thread

~