Study Room

Register
Sign in

Willygeed?  PV Noah Faye 

𝕽orie had given up on trying to get her work done in the noisy common room. It was no surprise that nobody could ever work in peace there, after all, it was a room for rambunctious Gryffs. Normally, Rorie would have been one of them. But, the girl knew when she had to buckle down and work, and this was one of those times.

The room had many desks, comfy chairs at each. There were a few shelves with resources on the walls, and only a couple other people in it at the time, a Friday afternoon. Everyone was probably out doing stuff for the weekend.

Walking to a chair with a desk in the far corner of the cozy room, she put her bookbag down and pulled out some of the textbooks she needed. History of Magic, she needed to finish her essay, and that was really it, besides checking some of her other work and making sure everything was done correctly.

She hummed softly and tapped her fingers on the table, the way she would if she was playing electric guitar to the beat she voiced. Background noise always helped her focus, and since she didn't have a speaker at the time, she had to create a bit herself.

"Alright, the gargoyle strike, what was special about it... only a few more sentences, I can do this, right?" she mumbled to herself.

Willygeed?  PV Noah Faye 

Noah grabbed his bag and stuffed all his books in it, he then left his Hufflepuff dorm room and he quickly walked down the steps in case they moved on him when he was walking. Noah was making his way to the study room he was quite good at muggle school but it seems he isn't the best at wizard subjects but he was a quick learner.

As Noah entered the study room it was very quite and there wasn't very many other students there, Noah quickly looked around the room looking for a table to sit at when he saw a girl sitting there tapping her fingers on the table, Noah thought she looked cool and she wasn't like the other students in the room they were either talking and messing around or super serious but she seemed chill and cool but like she could be serious if needed.

Noah made his way over to the girl setting his bag down on the seat, "Hey...." he said sitting down across from her "Hope you don't mind me sitting here" Noah said with a small smirk. Noah then started to get his study books out and his notebook he was pretty sure she wouldn't say no.

Willygeed?  PV Noah Faye 

𝕼uickly, Rorie took a glance around the room. Was the boy talking to her? Yes, it seemed he was.

"No, you're fine," she looked up at the boy, smiling. "I'm Rorie by the way."

Man, the girl had to stop saying that. Every time she introduced herself she said it like that. She had to think of some more creative ways to do the whole nice to meet you thing, she thought to herself.

"So, are you a first year? I'm assuming you have some work to do as well, seeing as you're here on a Friday..." Rorie asked him, looking back and forth between him and her work. Goblins, goblins, goblins... she was drawing a blank. She had to write one more paragraph, the conclusion. Restating her earlier thesis, she rolled up the parchment and put it back into her bag neatly. She didn't want her hard work all crumpled. Pulling out her herbology assignment, she opened the textbook and went over her answers.

"Do you need anything? I would be happy to help if you would like."

It's true, she would happily assist anyone. But she also understood that some people would want to stay independent even when struggling.

Willygeed?  PV Noah Faye 

When Noah sat down the girl looked up from her work and tapping and she answered Noah's question
"No, you're fine,"
The girl said smiling across at Noah
"I'm Rorie by the way."
"Rorie that's a really pretty name....." Noah paused for a moment " Anyway its nice to meet you, I'm Noah" he said looking up from his bag smiling back at her.
"So, are you a first year? I'm assuming you have some work to do as well, seeing as you're here on a Friday..."
she asked, looking back and forth between Noah and her work.
*he chuckles* "Yeah good guess, I usually understand things pretty quick but I'm not used to magic lessons. I was raised in the muggle world and I was the only one in my family who could do magic, sorry I don't know why I'm telling you all of this " The girl then rolled up the parchment and put it back into her bag neatly, then she pulled open a textbook.
"Do you need anything? I would be happy to help if you would like."
"Oh um yeah sure, I could actually use some help, thanks.... So what are you studying now ?"

Willygeed?  PV Noah Faye 

"Same here. Muggle-born, grew up in London. My little sister and brother are magical too, but they aren't old enough for Hogwarts yet. Other than that, there isn't a single drop of magical blood in the family. People on the block just think I'm some possessed freak," she laughed, thinking back to all the confused faces of witnesses from her acts of unintentional magic.

"This one's just herbology, I'm going over my answers. I suppose you know Gryffindor's last in points so far this month, and I don't want that to happen on my watch, if I can help it."

Though Rorie's academic average was an E, an E-plus if you wanted to be very specific, she still felt stressed about her work. Being completely new to the magical world, she never knew if she was doing it right, or exceeding the homework standards. She supposed she would have to learn all that from trial and error, though hopefully not too much "error".

"So, if you're new to this whole thing as well, what do you think about the castle and Diagon Alley and the classes and everything? It's definitely a new concept, but I find it fascinating," she said.

Willygeed?  PV Noah Faye 

"Same here. Muggle-born, grew up in London. My little sister and brother are magical too, but they aren't old enough for Hogwarts yet. Other than that, there isn't a single drop of magical blood in the family. People on the block just think I'm some possessed freak,"
Rorie said laughing slightly probably remembering something. Noah listened to what she was saying, he was interested and he did want to get to know her more.
This one's just herbology, I'm going over my answers. I suppose you know Gryffindor's last in points so far this month, and I don't want that to happen on my watch, if I can help it."
"Haha well I'm sure with you helping Gryffindor will do great, but I guess I'm not supposed to be rooting for you if I'm in a different house so I'll just silently root for you " he said chuckling slightly
"So, if you're new to this whole thing as well, what do you think about the castle and Diagon Alley and the classes and everything? It's definitely a new concept, but I find it fascinating,"
she said "Yeah it's new to me but I kind of always knew I was different in someway and when I found out I could do magic and when I found out something else I kind of just felt different..." "...Sorry I'm rambling again, anyway to answer your question I find it all so interesting and like nothing I could ever imagine. " Noah paused for a moment looking down at his books " So what are you going to help me with first ?"

Willygeed?  PV Noah Faye 

"Hey, thanks for the moral support," Rorie said with a sly wink. "I definitely get what you're saying, it was more than I'd ever expected and quite frankly, completely overwhelming at first. But now it just feels like home, you know?"

The girl hoped she didn't sound too weird, but she was being completely honest with how she felt.

"Well, uh, let's see. This lesson was gillyweed, so.." Rorie started, flipping to the proper page in her textbook. "So basically, the plant is slimy and green and what some people consider gross, but when you eat it, you grow gills in your neck to turn water into oxygen and also get webs in between your fingers and toes so that it's easy to transport around underwater," she explained.

"Now, the effects are obviously temporary, though the amount of time you have the symptoms is dependent on the type of water you are swimming in. Normally one to three hours though. Once you develop the gills, you won't be able to breathe regular air, so if you don't want to suffocate you have to put your head under some water. Exactly like a fish, to be honest. But by the time the effects wear off, you need to get back to dry land fast."

Rorie finished explaining the herb, hoping she made sense and wasn't just rambling.

Willygeed?  PV Noah Faye 

"Hey, thanks for the moral support,"
Rorie said with a sly wink, Noah chuckled brushing his hand through his hair, "No problem always here with support, umm I mean what support no it's Hufflepuff for the win" He said with a smirk
"I definitely get what you're saying, it was more than I'd ever expected and quite frankly, completely overwhelming at first. But now it just feels like home, you know?"
"Yeah I'm glad you understand, I mean it was hard to adjust at first but like you said it's like home and I finally feel like a belong somewhere" Noah looked at the girl for a moment he was glad somebody understands him and agrees with him, 'It's weird I'm never usually this open or well nice at first' he thought to himself, Noah then looked down at his notebook he didn't want to make it awkward.

Noah listened intently and he wrote down notes on everything she said he even drew a picture of what she was describing, Noah loved to draw he drew very detailed and precise pictures at home whenever he was stressed or upset he would draw.

After she had finished Noah went over his notes again "So its slimy and green, you grow gills when you eat it and you can breathe underwater ? right ? "he looked up from his notebook hoping he was right before continuing " Okay um it's also temporary and you can't breathe normal air... I think thats right the only things I can't remember is where the gills are and how log it lasts"