Study Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Friends?  Closed 

Mariela walked into the study room, putting her books down on the table before sitting down with a sigh and resting her head on the table. As much as Hogwarts was exciting for the young Muggle-born, it was also exhausting. She sat up again after a few minutes and started to take her notes out and opened her books up to review the spell they had learned in Charms class. Lumos.
She reviewed her notes before taking her wand out and trying to make a light appear.

"Lumos," she said and moved her wand how they were told. A dim light appeared at the tip of her wand but it quickly disappeared. She sighed and tried again. "Lumos," she said a d flicked her wand but the same thing happened. She sighed in frusteration but kept trying. She reviewed her books and notes again about the spell.

She couldn't understand why she couldn't light her wand. All of her classmates could easily do it. Why couldn't she easily do it?
'Maybe it's because I'm a muggle...' she thought as she tried again and failed again. She had already been teased by some boys her year about her being a muggle, but she tried to get it out of her head.
Last edited by Mariela Castaneda on 23rd September 2018, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Be the person who decided to just GO FOR IT
~Unknown

Friends?  Closed 

Stella wandered into the study room, trying not to yell. She had just been teased again for being a muggle-born. What did it even matter? She moved over to a desk, surprised to find another young girl, about her age, failing to cast the charm Lumos. Stella was almost in awe. She hadn'tt even learned that spell yet. The girl looked a bit distressed.
Stella's nurturing side kicked in. She pulled out a chair and smiled at the girl.
"Hi! My name's Stella! Are you alright? I would help you with the spell, but," Stella waved at her Charms book. "I haven't learned that one yet. You must be super advanced!"
From the robes, Stella could tell the girl was a Ravenclaw. That was nice. The girl had billowy brown hair, and it looked like she would have a pretty smile if she didn't look so distressed. "I really would like to help..." Stella felt bad for the girl. She knew what it was liked to be teased and sneered at. She had been homeless before arriving at Hogwarts, and everybody seemed to want to stare at her and kick her like she was a dangerous animal.
Was this the case with the girl? Could she be muggle born too? It would be nice ro make a friend with the same lineage. Then she wouldn't have to live in constant fear of being looked down upon...

Outside of a dog, a dog is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's dark
- Groucho Marx

Friends?  Closed 

Mariela was really concentrated in what she was doing. She jumped a bit in her seat, almost dropping her wand but she managed to catch it. She was surprised as she hadn't heard the girl walk in. Being a bit more surprised that the girl just decided to talk to her, not that she minded but she just wasn't used to it. She put her wand down with a shrug.
"Oh... Hi... " she said, in a shy way. This was how she was when she first got to meet people. Shy and didn't really talk a lot.
"Um no... I'm not really advanced..." she said as she looked down at her lap and played with her fingers.
The girl who was talking to her seemed nice. Maybe they could be friends. Having a friend would be nice. But Mariela was also kind of doubtful. What if she told the girl that she was muggle born? Maybe then the girl wouldn't like her then like many other wizards and witches. She just said she was a muggle born and boom! She was teased.
But then again, the girl could also be muggle born so then they'd both have something in common and they could be good friends.
Last edited by Mariela Castaneda on 23rd September 2018, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Unknown

Friends?  Closed 

The girl didn't seem like she wanted to talk a lot, but maybe it was just because she was shy? Stella was shy too, at times, and she knew how it felt. "Um no...I'm not really advanced," the girl said, looking down at her lap and fiddling with her fingers. "Are you all right, though?" Stella set down her Charms book. "I know sometimes spells can make me frustrated, or are you being bullied, maybe?" Taking a breath, she prepared to tell the girl one of her biggest secrets, or so she thought was her biggest secret. "I really know what it's like to be teased." What if she was a pureblood? Stella panicked inside, but still went through with it. "I'm a muggle born, you see? My parents were very nice, but my mother died and my father became sheltered away, so I get teased about that by pure-bloods, often. And for the fact that I was homeless for the first couple months, before I came to Hogwarts. I even got teased about how I had no idea what Hogwarts was like, and about how skinny I was because I had been half starving before someone brought me here. You could see the bone!" Stella laughed nervously. "Those people will really tease about anything they can find. If it turned out you were actually an ancient princess, they would turn it into a way to make fun of you! Personally, I think they're all just jealous! They had to grow up with snobbish parents who expected them to be perfect! So, I really know what it's like, and I'd really like to help you!
Her words seemed to echo into empty space, Stella braced herself for an onslaught of teasing and laughter.

Reducio
No offense to all the pure-bloods out there! I'm sure you guys are amazing!

- Groucho Marx

Friends?  Closed 

"No... I'm not..." Mariela lied when the girl asked if she was being bullied. She didn't knoe if the girl was a pure blood and she was afraid to be teased even more if she said why she was teased.
But Mariela's thoughts changed as she heard the girl start to talk about her past. She looked up at the girl with interest and started to feel less alone. This was the only other muggle born girl she had met so far.
She let out a small, shy chuckle. "Yeah... Um... I think the pure-bloods are jealous too... I'm also a muggle born," she said as she played with her fingers.
"I didn't even know what a muggle was until I got here and some Slytherin guys started to ask me questions and they realized I was a muggle because I didn't know a lot about Hogwarts and I was pretty much amazed at every magical thing I saw... I was really confused when I got my Hogwarts letter too... But my parents knew because they had a friend who is a witch so she helped me get my things for Hogwarts and to get to the train and all of that..."
"My background isn't really interesting... I just had a normal life with my mom, dad, and two older brothers..." she explained.

~Unknown

Friends?  Closed 

"Oh, I'm sure it's more interesting than mine!" Stella smiled! She wasn't a pureblood!
"Well, I think that I want to try to help you with this bullying problem. I mean, it's not bad to have muggle parents, and it's not our fault, either, so I think we need to finally go talk to the people who think that it is! Do you remember who's bullying you?" Stella could think of a million experiences with green-robed students jeering her in the corridors. There was an especially unhappy one with long blonde hair who had taunted her more than others. She began to empty her bag while waiting for the girl to respond. There were several textbooks and an army of crumpled notes for all her classes: potions, charms, even Quidditch! At the bottom, though, was her secret supply of never old pranks. Stella couldn't really imagine pranking a second year just for being nasty, but just staring at the vast barrage of muggle and wizard items alike sparked ideas.
"So, we'll just need to find out who's behind all this trouble...and ummmm...talk to him? Or her?"
Really, if Stella was in charge, talking would be last on her list of getting a bully to knock it off, but it seemed like the girl she was talking to was sweet and kind, not someone to set off dungbombs in a certain common room...
Oh, yeah, my name's Stella, by the way. What's yours?"

Reducio
I think we might need someone else to join the thread...

- Groucho Marx

Friends?  Closed 

Mariela shook her head. "No... not really... well besides the fact that my brothers and I pranked each other all the time," she said with a small chuckle as she remembered some pranks she played on her brothers. She missed them a lot.
Even though Mariela had a sweet and innocent face and she was shy, she actually loved to pull pranks on people. She used to pull pranks not only on her brothers but also on her other muggle friends. Of course, she didn't pull any pranks so far here in Hogwarts because she was afraid to get in trouble.
She thought for a moment. "Um no... I don't know who they were... I just know they were Slytherin guys... I see them when I'm walking to charms class... They're really mean and rude..." she said with a sigh.
"I'm Mariela. But you can call me Ela," she said after Stella had introduced herself. She watched as Stella took out all of her things from her bag. "You have Quidditch?" she asked as she glanced at the Quidditch notes Stella had.
Mariela was taking flying classes like most of the first years but, Mariela wasn't really a big fan of flying class since she was afraid of heights.

Reducio
Yeah me too. But I don't know anyone here besides you lol So I don't know who can join XD

~Unknown

Friends?  Closed 

"What? You prank people too?" Ela didn't seem like the kind of person who would prank someone. "Oh, yeah, I take Quidditch. It's super fun!!" Stella pondered what Ela had said about the two Slytherin guys. She was pretty sure she knew who they were...but Stella had been teased multiple times by multiple people.
"Well," Stella stated. "We have a choice." We could either find them and talk to them first, or launch straight into some sort of prank. You know, for the first time in my life, I'm leaning towards the first one! I love pranking people, like this one time in the common room, but maybe they have a reason to bully us! Like, maybe they were raised that way. And they could possibly change? I've read some books that have that sort of dilemma." Stella racked her brains for any possible connection to any Slyhterin boys that might have called her names. "What did they call you? Did they hurt you or anything?," she asked Ela. She recalled the recent names that had been thrown at her: filthy mudblood, peasant girl, street rat. They were almost like second names to Stella! If somebody said Mudblood, she would whip around, thinking they were talking to her!
Stella looked at Ela for an answer.
"I'm fine with anything you choose, but I really do think this bullying should stop."

Reducio
I know! I'll go to the small hall and go to RPG partner requests. Maybe I can find a Slytherin to be part of the story! :LOL:

- Groucho Marx

Friends?  Closed 

Ela smiled shy and played with a strand of her hair. "Um... yeah. I liked to prank my brothers and they'd prank me back," she said with a smile. "I just have an 'innocent' face that's all but I can be a prankster at times."
Mariela shrugged and nodded. "Yeah... maybe they were raised like that but that's still mean..." she said. "They didn't really hurt me I guess... They kinda made me trip. I was going to charms class and I was late so I ran there and they made me trip... But besides that they just call me names like: fithly mudblood or four eyes because I use glasses sometimes but I don't like to wear them..." She said with a sigh.
"I mean I guess we can try to talk to them but they're really mean so I don't know if they'll pay attention to us. But I never hurts to try I guess," she said as she looked at Stella. "But I really do want to do the prank. That's going to be super fun."

Reducio
Lol yeah that can work :LOL: Because we are going to need a Slytherin and if we can't find someone we can just make up a random person lol

~Unknown

Friends?  Closed 

"Cool!" Stella agreed. "Maybe we can try talking to them first, but either way, I really think we should do a prank! Do you have any ideas? I have one wizarding dungbomb, and I'm broke, so I can't buy any more from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes! I have a lot of Muggle pranks, and then again, we don't have to use props or anything. We could just as easily convince them the ghost of their grandmother is haunting their common room!"
"They didn't really hurt me, I guess...they kinda made me trip," Ela said.
Stella scowled. "That's too far. They can cull muggle borns names, but tripping them just because of their parentage isn't fine at all. You could have been hurt!"
She had always been nervous of someone getting hurt ever since her sister died. It was one of Stella's greatest fears.
"Maybe we should just skip talking and go straight to pranking."
The little angel on Stella's shoulder started to whisper into her ear. She couldn't help herself. Did she really have to go back on her words every time she talked? Groaning inside, Stella said it anyways. "Actually, they probably deserved to be talked to." Stella regained herself. "Then if they say no, they'll know not to mess with us when we prank them!" She grinned like a devil. This would be an interesting afternoon...
Reducio
If we want to make someone up, we'll have to register them, which takes a while, and I don't know how to do it, but that's a good idea, though! :LOL: How long should we wait before we make someone up? I put up a message requesting a Slytherin for the thread, by the way!

- Groucho Marx

Friends?  Closed 

"Me too. I don't have any money," Ela said, nodding in agreement.
"You could have been hurt," Stella said which made Ela shrug and sigh softly.
"I'm okay. It wasn't too bad. It could've been worse but luckily it wasn't too bad," she said even though she had scraped her knee when she had fallen but it wasn't noticeable because of her robes.
She chuckled as Stella mentioned convincing the Slytherins that their grandmother was haunting them. "Well, I don't think they'd believe their grandmother was haunting them but..." Ela looked through her bag and took out a scroll of paper. She showed it to Stella.
"I wrote down some spells here that I wanted to try and some of them can work for a prank. See? Like this one. Silencio. It makes anyone you cast the spell on not say anything. We can make them not say anything for a day," she said. "I mean of course we need to practice but we can do it."
She listened to what Stella said lastly before grinning. "We can try the Silencio spell after talking to them and if they don't listen then we can use it on them," she suggested. "Or we can use Locomotor to make them fly in the air. Maybe they are afraid of heights. Who knows."

Reducio
Oh okay. I don't know how to do that either lol Maybe once we get further in the roleplay and if we don't have a Slytherin we can try to make one up

~Unknown

Friends?  Closed 

Stella listened as Ela spoke. Ela didn't have any money, either, but she had a list of amazing spells. Stella read through them as Ela explained some of their functions. "Silencio? Cool! Are you sure we'll be able to do that, though? That seems like a spell for upper years! Good idea, though! And Locomoter? I've never even heard of that! No wonder you're in Ravenclaw! You're super smart!!" Stella pulled out her Charms book, and flipped to a folded down page. "This one is a little advanced, but it might be possible..." She pointed at the spell Rictumsempra. "It tickles people! And this one, Fumos, makes smoke come from the tip of your wand. That could be useful! We could also do some research, like, find out who's bullying us and their fears. Spiders, maybe? That would be interesting. They're all over the grounds..." Stella went to her potions book. "There could be something in here, but I doubt we're allowed to brew something if we haven't learned it in class yet. And plain old embarassing them could also work! Maybe nothing too bad, but if they keep teasing us, we could do worse!" Stella grinned at the prospect of actually doing her first official prank at Hogwarts, and with a friend to do it with, too!

- Groucho Marx

Friends?  Closed 

"Silencio? Cool! Are you sure we'll be able to do that, though? That seems like a spell for upper years! Good idea, though! And Locomoter? I've never even heard of that! No wonder you're in Ravenclaw! You're super smart!!"

Mariela smiled a little at what Stella said . " Well I haven't tried them I have only read about them but I am sure if we practice then we will be able to do them ," she said.
" And I have never heard of Rictumsempra but it sounds interesting and as I said before if we practice we can do it ." Mariela said excitedly.
" Maybe if after we talk to them and they keep teasing us then we can start our tricks ... after we practice of course . Then maybe they will stop." Mariela loved the ideas her and Stella were coming up with . She was glad she finally had one friend who understood her . Mariela suddenly thought of something. " Hey but .... Where would we practice the spells ? Is there a private place we can practice them where nobody will see us ? Becuase I do not want us to get introuble for this ... But then again we can blame the people who are teasing us for starting it ," she said as she rethought of it.

~Unknown

Friends?  Closed 

Anastasia was working on her Defence against the Dark Arts essay when she heard a pair of what looked like two other first years beginning to natter about spells and such. They were babbling on and on about pranking and how they hadn't heard of spells that everyone knew. She rolled her eyes at their excitement about spells like Rictumsempra and Locomoter. She'd known what those spells were since she could speak. What were they, Muggles? She supposed that they might be Muggle-borns or something, but that didn't excuse their irritating and distracting chatter. 

She tried to ignore their silliness, but couldn't as they just kept chatting. She sighed and glanced over at the girls "Would you two Muggles please talk your incessant babbling elsewhere? Someone of us actually know what's going on in the magical world and would like to focus on our studies in the Study Room," Anastasia hissed, her voice tense and her eyes cold. She hated people who went around trying to make trouble, and she hated people who were loud and obnoxious in the study room. Not to mention, her parents had always taught her to look down on anyone who was anything less than a wealthy Pureblood. 

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

Friends?  Closed 

Stella looked at the brown haired pureblood and recognition flashed. This must be the pureblood who was causing Ela and her so much trouble. Stella wanted to storm up and give her a good beating, but she resisted the urge. Instead, she turned to Ela. "I think we've found the person who's been bullying us. At least we didn't have to go hunting. That would have been long. And tedious." Stella turned to the Pureblood girl.
Then she stopped. She was at a loss for words. Was she supposed to say she was a muggle-born and proud of it? That wouldn't stop the teasing, only fuel it. If she said something smart-mouthy, the girl might just report her or take it as a challenge. Another option was to leave like she'd asked, but that would be admitting defeat, and that was one thing Stella never did once she was involved. She was as stubborn as a mule.
Millions of different choices flitted through her head, along with questions. Who was this girl? Could their plan to talk to her actually work, or was she persistent on looking down on people like Stella and Ela? You should be a real jerk, she deserves it, whispered her devil. No, talk to her!hissed her angel. Stella turned to Ela and pleadingly begged for help with her eyes. All that planning and Stella had reached a dead end at the moment of need!

- Groucho Marx
  Back