Study Room

Register
Sign in

Studying

Ginger knew that she had to study, she was in a studying room after all, but no matter what she did her mind would wander. She was never good at sitting still or paying attention when she was bored. If a topic interested her then she could sit down and read about it for hours, without taking one break. 
She was looking at the pages of Hogwarts a History, yes history of magic did interest her, but right now she was itching to read a book on potions, or defense against the dark arts, those were her best subjects. They required doing, and Ginger could do. But History of magic, you're not doing, instead, you're learning about other people doing. Which wasn't as fun to Ginger.
Ginger sighed and put the book down, giving herself a break. She knew that if she was going to study for anything it would be History of magic. Her classes haven't even started yet but she knew that she was going to either fail or get a bad grade. Of course, she would still try, she had to after all. 
What would her mother, a proud Ravenclaw say when her daughter gets a bad a grade.
Thinking of her mother's annoyed face made Ginger cringe, but she winced as she thought about her mad face. Or worse her disappointed face. Ginger shuddered and picked up Hogwarts a History, now paying attention. She was not going to let her mother down. 

BallroomBoy

Studying

Han had his face buried in a book. He liked what he was reading but all this text was getting blurry. Reading was never his strong suit. He began to lose focus and glanced up a bit. As he looked he saw a girl shudder. He knew it was none of his business and the girl probably doesn't want to be bothered, after all shes studying. However, Han was set on meeting some people this year and figured this was a good place to start. After all, if the girl didn't enjoy his company at least he would know he tried. He began to stand but his head started to spin. He grasped onto his chair to regain his balance. Pushing it in, he could tell he was getting weird looks. "Great." he thought. He then remembered what the point of getting up even was. He walked over to the girl, careful not to make much noise. He hesitated, but it was too late now. He was already behind her. "Umm.. hey!" He said taking note of the book she was reading. History, no wonder she shivered. "My name's Han. Han Woods. I saw you shudder, and wanted to make sure you were alright." He grinned nervously, anxious for a response.

Studying

Ginger was still stuck in her her book when a boy startled her from behind.
Ginger looked at the boy in front of her, he looked to be the first year, judging from his size and a Hufflepuff, judging from his uniform. Ginger smiled in the back of her mind she was happy to have a break to stop reading because honestly, she couldn't care less about half of the things that the book said. 
"Hey, Han, I'm Ginger, Ginger Mesley, you don't have worry I'm OK. I guess you could say I could be over dramatic sometimes, well most times, but hey thanks for checking on me. You really are a Hufflepuff", Ginger joked.
Ginger then stacked all of her books to make room for the new boy, Han. She made sure that she made History of Magic the first on, She'd read it later, Hopefully.
"Wanna sit down", Ginger smiled looking up at the boy. "After all I'm almost done and to be honest it was getting a little bit boring, and I'm sure you'll be great company".
Ginger patted the empty seat next to her where her books once were and looked up expectantly at the boy.

BallroomBoy

Studying

"Sure! Thank you." Han said smiling with gratitude. Ginger had seemed very nice. He was eager to get to know her. He sat down and the old chair creaked a bit under his weight. He casually placed his book onto the wooden table so that it was in front of him. "So..." he mumbled, realizing he didn't have much to say "What do you like to do in your spare time?" A lame question maybe, but he felt it could help to get to know the person who he was sharing the small table with. Besides, he had thought of it on the spot, and it was pretty good for that.

He tapped his fingers on the soft, leathery, cover of the book that he picked up from the library in anticipation. He realized he had forgotten to put a bookmark between the worn and torn pages of the charms book. That means he would never be able to remember the point at which he stopped reading at. He must have been in such a rush to talk the assumed Slytherin girl, that he forgot. It's no matter though, because he can always skim the book later to figure it out.