Study Room

Register
Sign in

Study Buddy Wanted  Closed 

Emma was a good student. She always got amazing grades. She studied diligently. But now, faced with the seemingly impossible task of her History of Magic homework, she was intimidated. It was so boring. Emma would so much rather be reading Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit or even 1000 Magical Herbs and Fungi. But right now, she was reading about the bewitched ceiling. There's hardly anything less boring than reading about a FRICKIN' CEILING. Sure history was fun sometimes, like when you went to a museum and looked at old ancient relics, or you went to an old monument that thousands of people used to go to every day. The castle was very interesting to Emma, and she thought it was really cool, but she didn't care for facts that held no meaning and no importance whatsoever. Emma closed her book in frustration and put down her quill. Maybe, Emma thought, I can get someone to help me? It is a study room after all. 
  Emma put her things away and started looking for someone, anyone, that could maybe help her with her work. However, she didn't want to disturb anybody who was trying to study... Oh! Emma got an idea. What if I just made a little sign? Emma grabbed her roll of parchment paper, a fancy quill, and an ink pot and went to work on her sign.

~ a little while later ~

Emma sat back and smiled. Her sign said "Study Buddy Wanted", and it looked quite nice! All Emma had left to do was prop up the sign, sit back, and read what she actually wanted to read until someone arrived. 

~~ I'm not a nerd, I'm just smarter than you. ~~

Lily, although she was relatively sure she was alone, was actually enjoying History of Magic to some extent at least. It wasn’t like she had exactly had any opportunities to be even remotely interested in magic two years ago, so she wanted to learn as much as she could. Even some of the Muggleborns knew more than she did, and she was not going to let that last long. Half-blood should be half-more-knowledgeable, right? That was her mentality at least, which was why she had come here to read her textbook like the Ravenclaw she had correctly suspected she would be.

She watched Emma make her sign with curiousity, drawing her attention away from her book for a few minutes. Why she had decided to watch she wasn’t quite sure, but then again, not all of it was... interesting. At all. She hoped it would end up being like some of those books that seem boring for a while and get really exciting later, but at the moment it seemed to be just flat out boring. So, when she saw Emma had finished her sign, she giggled a bit and closed her book. Without being quite sure why, she walked over.

“Hello,” she greeted quietly, “I’m Lily. What are you studying?”

A friend loves at all times. Are you a good friend?

After Emma propped up her little parchment sign against a book, she began reading other books and doing homework for subjects that were actually interesting to her. However, it was hard for her to concentrate, as she was constantly distracted by any person who walked by. Are they coming over here? No. Ooh, that girl looks like she's coming over here. Alright, get ready Emma - Oh, well I guess not. But, to Emma's delight, she soon heard a voice coming from by her desk. 
  "Hello," the voice said. "I'm Lily. What are you studying?"
  Emma looked up to see a girl with red hair looking at her sign. Hooray! Emma thought. She was ecstatic to see that her sign actually worked. 
"Hi, Lily! I'm Emma. I'm studying History of Magic and it's really... Well, it's just plain boring. I was thinking maybe having someone to study with would help with that." The girl giggled and sat down next to Emma. They both got out their homework and their books and were ready to start studying. "So, Lily, where are you from?" Emma inquired. Might as well make a friend, right? "I'm from Bristol. It's really nice there, but I'm so glad to be here. My hometown can get boring sometimes, especially since I couldn't practice magic."

~~ I'm not a nerd, I'm just smarter than you. ~~