Study Room

Register
Sign in

An unexpected friendship!

Leola walked into the study room and spotted an empty table in the corner. She walked over to it and dropped her books on it.  Throwing her body down into a chair she sighed. Her day so far had been horrible and it had put her in bad mood. To make things worse she now had to study which she hated but she knew she had to or she was going to fail her classes.

After slaving over her homework for a whole two hours she had only gotten through her astronomy homework and was getting more and more frustrated by the minute. She decided that she wasn't going to get anything else done in this mood so she started to pack up her things. Laughter filled her ears from the other people in the room she looked over and shot the group of people a dirty look which no one saw. She wasn't usually one to get grumpy often but today everything seemed to be going wrong. 

As she was throwing her bag over her shoulder and trying to pick up her books at the same time she ended up dropping a book on the ground.  Out of pure frustration she kicked the book as hard as she could "Stupid book" She muttered while watching it go flying across the room and land right on top of ravenclaw boys head. "Oh dear, could this day get any worse" She sighed walking over to check if the poor boy was alright.

Leola.Thrussel

Bryant was reading his own book, studying. There were a couple other people there too, being loud. He didn't mind it, except for the fact that another girl seemed to be mad about this ordeal of other people being loud that she kicked a book so hard that it hit Bryant on his head.

He brought his hands up to the side of his head where he was hit, 'ow' was the only thought that ran through his mind. The second thought was when he seen the girl, she had the Slytherin robes on, and then he thought uh oh.

He has heard about Slytherin and how bad they can be, but he isn't the type to judge a whole group. As the girl neared, he picked the book up that had hit him and held it out to her, for her to take back.

He let out a small sigh, he hopes that this meeting goes well. Luckily ever since he has been here, not a lot of people have had troubles with him not speaking. And if he does feel like to communicate, he usually writes on a piece of paper, or if anything, writes in the air with small bit of magical sparks for whoever is talking to him to read.

He looked at the Slytherin girl with his different colored eyes.

Leola walked over to were the boy was standing now rubbing the spot on his head were her book had landed. "I'm so, so sorry" She said with an apologetic smile. "I didn't mean to hit you, I just...I've had a bad day and everything seems to be going wrong and I know that's no excuse i shouldn't have kicked the book I just got so frustrated and... and I'm just really sorry." She felt terrible and had to fight back tears not wanting to cry in front of the boy who if any one was going to cry it should be him crying from being hit over the head with her book. She also didn't want to have a mental break down in front of everyone especially not the boy she was standing in front of .

She bent down to put the book in her bag being careful not to look at the boy. As she stood back up she made eye contact with him before quickly looking down she noticed that he had two different coloured eyes one was grey and the other was a yellow it was quite mesmerising. She couldn't help but take another look at them. "Your eyes they are really cool"  She said.

Leola.Thrussel

Well... He didn't expect this kind of response from the Slytherin. Maybe people were wrong. Maybe there are a few good people in Slytherin. She apologized and said how she was having a terrible day, he could tell that she was fighting back tears. This, was something he wasn't used to. When people hit him, they never apologized for it.

Bryant brought out a piece of paper and a quill, and wrote on it, "It's okay. I understand."

He let her read what he wrote. And he knows that probably the next thing that might be running through her mind, other than his eyes, is why he doesn't speak. "I rarely speak to anyone with my own voice." And it was true. Since he has been here, he has only spoke once, and even that time wouldn't even count since he only said one word.

And, to support what he thought just a few seconds ago, she mentioned his eyes. They actually looked at each other before Bryant looked away. Why do people like him, or moreso his eyes so much? It feels weird here, whereas when he lived outside of Hogwarts, people ridiculed him for it. This kind of attention he isn't used to and doesn't know exactly how to respond to it.

On the paper, Bryant wrote, "Um... Thanks. Yours too." He let the girl read what he wrote and then turned his head so she won't see his eyes.

"Um... Thanks. Yours too." He wrote on a piece of paper and holding it up for her to read as she complimented his eye. She watched as he looked so she wouldn't look at his eyes again.  "Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable" She apologised.  She watched as the boy started to write again  when he had finished writing he held it up for her to read. "It's okay. I understand."  It read.  " Thank you for understanding. I'm so glad your not mad at me at for hitting you with the book. That would have just made my day." She said with a sigh of relief.  The fact that the boy was writing what he wanted to say on paper instead of actually talking was completely normal for her. 

"I rarely speak to anyone with my own voice." He wrote again on the paper.  "It's okay. I get it. I have a muggle cousin back home that has SM and can't speak in front of me so if she wants to tell me something she has to write it down. The only people she can talk in front of are her parents." She explained to him. 
"Oh, I should probably introduce myself. I'm Leola."  She said with a kind smile.

Reducio
SM: Selective mutism (SM) is an anxiety disorder in which a person who is normally capable of speech cannot speak in specific situations or to specific people. Selective mutism usually co-exists with shyness or social anxiety. 

Leola.Thrussel