Study Room

Register
Sign in

Topic opening  pv w/ Rosie & Howie 

Verla wondered what her friends were up to. She was so nervous that they had not wanted to be her friend any more. She couldn't blame them. She was a really bad friend. She felt bad too, but they both had each other and to them, that seemed to be enough. Verka had seen them everywhere together. Nonetheless, it would be nice to see them get together now ir when they were older. She began to remember Wes and how she wished she'd seen more of him. She missed Levi ever since he went home. 

No one had talked to her about giving Oliver away, so that was a plus. So they sat together, Verla and Ollie in the study room by themselves. Then she heard the door open and saw her friends walking in together happily like nothing in the world was wrong. She was glad they had each other, they were cute together. 

She waved at them, then looked down and sneezed "now I have a cold. Probably from swimming." She said, her voice flat. She looked down kind of sad, the fresh thoughts of her parents still in her mind. She'd been lonely besides bring with Oliver.
Last edited by Amadea Campbell on 26th June 2018, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Incorrect topic type - changed to RPG :)

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Rosie entered the common room laughing, a typical sight when she was with Howie. As she glanced over, she spotted Verla sitting there with Oliver. She waved back, her smile getting brighter. Making her way to where Verla sat, she took a seat herself. "Hi, guys." She spoke, not just to Verla, but to Oliver as well. Rosie frowned as Verla sneezed. "How are you feeling? Last I saw you, you were in pretty bad shape."

She leaned down at eye level with Oliver and waved her pointer finger at him, waiting for a response from Verla. Then she remembered something. She straightened up and looked meaningfully at Howie. "Actually, Verla... there was something that we wanted to talk to you about." She paused. "Howie and I were thinking... we wanted to reach out to your parents. Help them understand that magic isn't always bad."

She leaned over and pulled a letter out of her bag. "Howie's been helping me with my family. I wanted to do the same for you."
Verla's parents,

My name is Rosie Turner. I'm a friend of your daughter's. I saw the picture you sent. The baby is so sweet. I hope all is well.

I wanted to write you to ask you to please reconsider disowning Verla. She loves you both so much and I am sure that you love her. Magic isn't always bad. You can do so many good things with magic. My friend Howie is learning magic so he can help his family with their bakery. I'm learning magic because I want to help people. I really hope that you can welcome Verla back into the family. Its really hard to grow up without parents.

Sincerely,
Rosie Turner
Rosie watched Verla quietly and prepared herself for her reaction.

Stamina: 6 Agility: 6 Strength: 1 Control: 7 Arcane Power: 4 Accuracy: 6

Verla looked shocked at the letter she wished to send. She asked her "do you think it coukd really work? That they would take me back?" Verla got her hopes up and then she added "oh and I'm okay too, just a cold now. The flu went away a while after I saw you. I just needed some rest. Then I went swimming in the rain and that's probably why I have a cold." Verla hoped Rosie wouldn't worry. Ollie reread the letter and nodded with approval. "He likes it" Verla spoke for him. "We should take a picture of all three of us and send it with. I bet mom would love it. We could even add the picture moving charm to it if you want. I could be in the middle and all three of us smiling and then I could look at you or Howie still smiling and then look back? Just an idea. Maybe we could send it with your parents too. I really want to help you out Rosie. Trust ne, I know what it's like." Verla giggled and looked at the nervous Rosie. She probably thought Verla was going to blow up. But she never could, not to her friends.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Howie walked into the study room with Rosie, laughing as they usually did together. Scanning the room he realized it was empty, save for a solo redhead sitting in the corner. Then he realized it was a face he hadn’t seen for some time, Verla! He had almost forgotten that she changed her hair, it looked nice on her. She was with her trusty sidekick Oliver, the Bowtruckle.

Howie gave he a big smile, “Hey Verla! So nice to see you. You’ve changed your hair, looks good mate.” He went and took a seat at the table with her. Leaning in he stuck out a finger waggling the tip at Oliver, “Hey little buddy, long time no see.”  Verla let out a sneeze. “Sorry you’re under the weather.”
"Actually, Verla... there was something that we wanted to talk to you about."

Howie gave Verla a soft, caring look as Rosie laid out thier plan, hoping she would be receptive. They had spent many a nights thinking it over, trying to decide the best way to help her. Rosie had written the letter as Howie felt she would do a better job. 
"do you think it coukd really work? That they would take me back?"
“Well...I can’t promise anything, but I think it our best shot. I hope that they will see that having magic in your blood is normal, and the gifts we have can be used for good. We actually thought about sending a charmed photo, but thought it might be too much for your folks, but if you think they would like it, I’m game.”

Stamina: 10 Agility: 7 Stength: 8 Control: 10

Rosie grinned. She was genuinely surprised that Verla had been so open about the plan. Honestly, she had thought the girl would have taken at least a bit more convincing. Even Ollie seemed into the plan. Of course, she was even more surprised when Verla suggested the charmed photo. She let Howie talk before adding, "Like Howie said, we thought about it, but we weren't sure they were ready for it. But you know your parents best. Let's do it." Rosie was grinning. "I think my parents would like to see my new friends too." Her brows furrowed as realization struck. "Anyone know how to charm a photo? Or how that works at all?" She had only seen the effects of the charm, but no witch or wizard had ever explained to her how to actually perform the charm.

Again, she looked at Howie and then back to Verla. "Verla, we were also wondering... would a letter from Howie's parents help as well? A nice, normal letter through muggle post?" She knew her parents, mum especially would love that. She couldn't wait until the two families would meet this summer. Every time she thought about it, she said a silent prayer that her mother would come along.

Verla wondered for a moment. "I don't know how to do it but we can ask a teacher. And sure Howie can if you think it would help me get my parents back." Then Verla looked down and began to sob silently "thank you guys so much for willing to help me with my parents. I've never seen such kindness before, thank you guys" Verla said and hugged her friends suddenly. She hoped they wouldn't care to hug them. She loved her friends, she did everything she could to make sure they alive, well, and happy. She cherrished friendship, since she never really had one. At least before she came to Hogwarts.

Verla broke the hug and smiled while wiping her eyes, sat back down and opened up her book of charms and spells to see if she could find one to animate the picture. She couldn't find one "Rosie we should ask our houses head master and ask if he could do it, I think he'd be willing to help. If not we could ask a different teacher, or talk to the head master ourselves. Maybe he could reread the letters to and see if the plan is a good idea."

“Of course Verla, my mum wouldn’t have any problem with it. I know she’d be more than happy to. We were just thinking that maybe if your folks received a letter from some other muggles, maybe it help em. I mean my parents didn’t have the same reaction as yours, but they are going through the same thing. My parents were able to accept it, so I’m time, I’m sure yours could too.” Howie replied as he placed a hand on Verla’s shoulder, hoping to reassure her.

As soon as he blinked he was wrapped up in a hug, she squeezed him tight as she began to cry. Howie hugged her back, allowing her to get out her emotions. He was used to outbursts like this from Verla. The poor girl has been dealing with so much since her arrival at Hogwarts, but his friendship with her wasn’t out of sympathy, he genuinely liked her.

“Hmm...Yeah, we will need help with the photo. It’d probably be best if we asked Professor Lear. He’d help us for sure! The Headmaster might be too busy.” A plan was coming together. “So what do you guys think? Should we try to track him down now? He might be in his office this time of day.”

Stamina: 10 Agility: 7 Stength: 8 Control: 10

Rosie grinned as she hugged Verla and Howie back. Group hugs were great. When Verla sat back down and laid out her plan, she nodded. When Howie interjected his thoughts, she pointed in excitement as the plan took on a shape. "Yes! Professor Lear would know. I'm sure he would."

As Verla scanned the pages of her book, Rosie glanced at Howie, shooting him a meaningful look. If he was on the same page, he may guess that Rosie intended to tell Verla of recent developments. She reached out and took Howie's hand in hers in case he didn't catch it. She cleared her throat to get Verla's attention. "We can go talk to the professor, but before we do, you should know that Howie and I decided to be boyfriend and girlfriend." She blushed. Everyone knew that Rosie hated being the center of attention. "I just wanted you to know before the gossip reached you first." She lowered her and Howie's clasped hands back underneath the table, though she didn't let go.

"Now, let's focus on your parents. Where is Professor Lear right now?" She glanced around the room. "Any ideas." She shifted uncomfortably in her chair. Was Verla truly okay with this? Would she be upset? or worse... jealous?

Verla saw them hold hands and she had a bit of disapproval since they are only 11 but she nodded anyway and said "Rosie, I love you as a friend, but I think I figured that out the moment of the ball. You two are cute" Verla giggled and sat back as Oliver looked at them and said in his tiny high pitch voice "no kissing!" Almost shocked, Verla fell back in her chair and laughed, she was so clumsy, but she was shocked to hear him speak. His words had gotten better since he came back. She smiled and picked her chair as she laughed. Then she froze when she thought of Levi and tears welded in her eyes. But she blinked (or tried) them away. She smiled brightly again as they escaped her eyes and ran down her cheeks. She didn't even realize that she was crying. It shocked her and then she looked down "I'm sorry, I just thought of my friend who went home is all, no big deal." She smiled brightly again, as for Oliver, he hugged her shoulder trying to comfort her. She was grateful for the friends she had now, couldn't dwell on the past.