Study Room

Register
Sign in

Not-So-Friendly Enemies  PV: Lyonel Fleur 

Lilith's shoes clacked obnoxiously on the corridor as she pushed her way past several gossiping friends and laughing acquaintances. Her bag swung on her side, repeatedly hitting her hip with every step. Her steely gaze glared straight ahead, ignoring those around her.

After a couple of abrupt turns and moving staircases, Lilith found herself in the doorframe that leads to the History of Magic classroom, by far the most boring class in Hogwarts in Lilith's opinion. Other students have already taken their seats and have begun to talk about how their days were so far.

Taking a seat in the back corner of the classroom, Lilith sat as far away as possible from the other students. Their voices all seemed too high-pitched and their laughter a little too forced for Lilith's liking. Instead, she got out a quill, parchment, and some ink to begin the lesson. She didn't exactly plan to take notes per say, but doodle to help the time past by faster.

Alas, boredom was a killer.

The Professor started class and instead of beginning with a long lecture about whatever law or war they were studying, instead, he announced that they would be doing a project on Hogwarts History. Lilith's stomach dropped at his next words. This particular assignment would involve partners. The one word that teachers could say to make Lilith wish she was never a wish.

Not only did Lilith prefer to work alone, but working with another meant different ideas and situations that would call for compromise. Lilith didn't like compromise. She was right and she knew what she needed to do to get an O. Plus, partners presented the chance that they could potentially mess everything up.

"Professor?" Lilith raised her hand. "Can I work alone?"

Her request was denied almost instantly. Lilith rolled her eyes at the Professor before leaning back into her seat and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Wonderful," Lilith muttered under her breath and the Professor started to call names off of a list in his hands. Considering her last name started with a W, Lilith figured she'd be with another person at the end of the list, but instead of partners in alphabetical order, it was seemingly completely random.

"Lyonel Fleur and Lilith Westlocke," the Professor called out and pointed to two seats near the back opposite end of the room.

Lilith gathered in things and let her feet drag as she walked over to the desk where another blond boy was and sat down with a huff. "So," Lilith began bluntly, "Are you the type to try and help or let the other person do all the work?"
Last edited by Lilith Westlocke on 26th June 2018, 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LILITH WESTLOCKE
Stamina: 6; Agility: 6; Strength: 5; Control: 3; Arcane Power: 5; Accuracy: 5

- ♠ -

Lyonel Fleur entered the Classroom where they were taught the wonderfulness that History of Magic was – not. He did not hate it by any means, but did not love this subject either. It was complicated for him to judge as the content seemed promising and interesting, but learning about wizards was sometimes boring. It was cruel if they had to read about wars that ended bloody. Alone the thought of blood, the red substance every human being had running through their veins. Then the superiority each wizard felt, especially those who are considered as someone of pure blood, they really gave themselves too much credit. They were nothing, they were wannabes.

Fleur sat down at his usual place in one of the rows at the back, they were normally quieter. He still could listen to the professor while also concentrating on taking notes during the lesson. He began to pull out his supplies; the textbook, parchment, ink, quill and whatever he needed for the lesson, including his notebook. He placed everything neatly on top of the table and listened to the professors introduction for today’s lesson… and paled, if that was even possible.

Partner?

Lyonel was shocked, even though no one who would take a glance at him would notice. Lyonel absolutely despised working with more persons than himself. He was born to work alone, why would he need the aid of any of those plain wizards? He could not understand whatever craziness had gotten to the professor, until his name got called out. He was supposed to work with a girl called Lilith Westlocke, alone the name promised that it is going to be a disaster.
Lyonel looked up with a blank face, watching the girl approach him. ”I am the type to do the work by myself” he replied with a look that screamed I am not amused.

- ♠ -

Lyonel J. Fleur
Sta:4 - Ag:3 - Str:2 - Co:9 - Arc:7 - Acc:5

Lilith tilted her head to the side, if not in a slightly mocking manner, and said, "Seems like we are in agreement then."

Taking the seat next to Lyonel, Lilith put her bag down on the table. She leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest and crossing her feet at the ankles. The Professor droned on about the pointless instructions about writing an essay. Who would ever choose to write an essay with a partner? This whole "partner" thing was obviously to try and make the students stay awake long enough to learn somewhat of the boring topic.

Lilith was hoping to get stuck with someone quiet and easily influenced. She wanted someone who would follow her orders and do what she says, so that way the project would turn out exactly how she wanted it to be. Control-freak, the back of her head sang to her own thoughts.

Lyonel Fleur didn't seem like the type to take orders. Lilith readied herself for a very painful class period as the Professor released them to work among themselves. Hopefully, the pain would be quick and similar to being poked by a needle (albeit not a very sharp or long one).

"So, how would you like to play this?" Lilith turned to Lyonel. "We are being forced to work together, but I hope we can manage not to completely fail by doing some sort of teamwork."
Last edited by Lilith Westlocke on 6th July 2018, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

- ♠ -

The young boy nodded curtly, looking at her as she sat down at the seat beside him. Lyonel was hoping that she would not try to influence his work- it should be the other way around. Lyonel would not listen to her suggestions, if they were not to his liking. She would simply have to stick to his wishes as there was no other way around this. He would do his thing, as he knew that this would get him a good grade.

When Lyonel was asked how he wanted to go on with this project, he hummed softly, thinking about the question before he shrugged. ”Just let me do the work and we should be fine… That shouldn’t be that difficult right?” He asked her, tapping his finger gently onto the desk. The thin gloves he was wearing dampened the sound drastically so that it was nearly inaudible. He did not bat an eyelash as he spoke; simply looking at the girl he was supposed to do the project with.
He raised an eyebrow. ”Or do you have something else in mind, Miss Westlocke?” He asked the girl and tilted his head. He hoped not.

- ♠ -

Lyonel J. Fleur

”Or do you have something else in mind, Miss Westlocke?”
Lilith smirked. "Actually, I do. You sit there and be as silent as a mouse and I'll do the work and get us an O," she spoke slowly, emphasizing every word before leaning back in her chair with a smug look on her face as if she already won a long battle.

"No offense towards you, of course." Lilith waved her hand in the air. "Just I don't trust you to pass us with flying colors as I prefer and I feel like we have very different ideas. You'd only be getting in my way and endangering the project."

What Lilith was saying weren't lies. She believed that the only person to trust in situations like these were herself. She looked around the room to see the other students were working with their partners easily. She tilted her head slightly in confusion. Who would compromise with their partners so easily? Lilith herself knew that her intelligence was better than half her intelligence plus another's. That was the only fact.

"But you can sit there and get other homework done if you have any. I should be done with this project by tonight, so you don't have to worry about it," Lilith stated, giving the boy a pointed look.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

- ♠ -

Upon hearing the proposal of the girls working methods, he gave her a sweet, even sickening smile. ”This will not be an option, Miss Westlocke. I will not let my O be endangered by trusting you to be competent to do the work on your own” he replied. Even though he was smiling, there was neither empathy nor amusement in his facial features. He added a mocking ”No offense”

”I guess it is best to wait for the professors instruction and we will see, that I will be the better choice to do this project. Just wait” He promised as he waited for the sheets of paper that are being passed around to reach their table, so that they could see what the project would be about. He was sure, that he would not have any problems with whatever the topic was and would watch in satisfaction when the girl’s confidence would crumble to dust as she begged him to take over the lead. This would surely amuse him to no end. When the instructions finally reached their table he took it in his gloved hand and passed one stack over to the girl beside him.

- ♠ -

I will leave it open to you to choose a topic~

Lyonel J. Fleur

Lilith shrugged. If that is how you want to do things," she said smugly. She knew that despite this Slytherin's arrogance that she and only she would be the main ruler of this project. Fleur probably was the smartest in past projects with past partners, but it was time he learnt that Lilith Westlocke was the queen.

She took one of the papers and scanned it quickly. She read aloud, "The project is to write an interesting essay about your opinions on one of the Hogwarts Houses. It has to be eighteen inches, blah blah blah." Lilith put the paper back on the table.

"Oh no! I asks our opinions. However will you know more on my opinions than me?" Lilith mocked. Looks like this project was less about information and more about themselves. How did either of them expect to work alone when they needed the others imput? "Please, tell me your brilliant plans for this project? You know what, I'll tell you mine because they are really the only one that matters. I was just asking to be polite. You tell me your opinions on the four houses and I'll pick whichever one suits me and write the essay around me."

LILITH WESTLOCKE

- ♠ -

Brobdingnagian insolence. Lyonel slightly shook his head, glaring at the girl. Who did she thought she was? Her behavior towards him was not acceptable; she was just a… brat. A brat that thought to highly of herself and he was the one who had to deal with her, because they were paired together for this project. An absolute stupid one on top of that! ”Why should YOUR opinion be of any importance for this project? Obviously we will go with mine! But because I am gracious like this, I will grant you to choose which house we will write about” He said with a sugar sweet smile, too sweet to seen as nice. His slender fingers that were wrapped up with the thin gloves began tapping on the table lightly, while he continued to look at the girl, calculating her next actions. Would she step back and let him do what will give them the O or would she continue to brag about her so-called intelligence that Lyonel had not seen by now. If she would be as brilliant as she describes herself, she would step back and let Lyonel do the work.

- ♠ -

Lyonel J. Fleur

Lilith tilted her head at the boy mockingly, arching an eyebrow. "That's cute. You think that you are possibly equipped to just push me aside so easily in this project? Ha, I think not. Maybe you can put your inflated ego aside so I can get us an O because your emotions are obviously getting in the way of your thoughts at the moment. You can't possibly be thinking clearly if you think you are in any way smarter than me." Lilith gave him a sickly sweet smile in return while rolling her eyes.

"And I was thinking I am going to write about Gryffindor, obviously. It is the most superior house," Lilith shrugged nonchalantly as she got out some parchment and began to write down brainstorms and ideas, barely paying attention to the boy next to her. "I'd assume you'd want to do Slytherin yourself. Alas, that is too bad." Lilith stopped her writing momentarily to grin at him. Personally, she thought the boy to be like a stereotypical Slytherin brat, but she did plan to keep an O in her classes as it was the one way to prove her superior intelligence. The last thing she was to do is rely on some blond kid to do that for her.

LILITH WESTLOCKE