Study Room

Register
Sign in

Let's Start On Chapter Five  PV   Finished 

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 🆂🅻🆈🆃🅷🅴🆁🅸🅽 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

STUDY ROOM,
FIRST FLOOR.

The library wasn't necessarily the best to study, given how many students could end up gracing the small alcoves dedicated to reading. Sometimes a quieter setting was needed, one where interruptions were limited, and there was silence to hear thoughts. Especially now, since Sebastian had become a prefect, he felt that his attention was required by more than usual. Still, gaining the position was certainly a positive thing, and the boy planned on using the position to the utmost during his tenure at Hogwarts; and considering the doors it, quite literally, opened, the potential to benefit from such a standing was high...

Still, even prefects needed time away.

Sebastian opened the ornate wooden door to the study room, peering inside. It seemed empty, which was good, the relatively small space decorated quite nicely. Wooden chairs, with comfortable cushions, a large table for an array of books to be opened, and even a place for ink pots to avoid spillage. Despite the fire burning on one side of the room, the overall feel to the space was warm and welcoming, which caused Sebastian to wonder how much magic was at work to make it that way.

She should be here soon, Sebastian thought to himself as he stepped inside and made his way to the large table. Better prepare.

Standing near the table, Sebastian put down his bag. He pulled several thick books from within, as well as paper and a quill, setting each to one side to leave room for his study partner. Since this was the first time actually meeting Katya, the boy was interested in seeing what she knew, how she acted and learning a few things about her - information was power, after all, and Sebastian planned on learning everything he could.

With everything in place, Sebastian turned and waited, standing near the pair of chairs...

Sebastian Leeds
Sta: 5 | Agi: 8 | Str: 1 | Con: 7 | Arc: 6 | Acc: 8

Katya Petrov & Sebastian Leeds
It wasn't often that Katya ran later than she preferred to, but today was one of those moments. She had been busy for quite some time now, trying to finish all of her homework in a hurry for the end of the year that was nearing. She was anxious, desperately wanting outstanding grades on every homework possible. She would disappoint her parents otherwise, she was sure. That was something she didn't want whatsoever - what if they kept her inside with tutors for the whole of summer vacation? It would be a disaster.

At least she only had to travel from the Slytherin Common Room in the Dungeons to the first floor, a little ways down the hall from the Defense Against the Dark Arts room. It was an easy-to-find room - her destination - and within five minutes of being on the right level of the building she had found her way to the door. Before entering, she fixed her hair so that it was behind her shoulders. The black strands were already pushed back away from her face with a headband, an accent to her overall outfit of a dark blue dress that hugged her rather than flowed, reaching her knees. Her shoulders were covered by a beige coat, and she walked in a pair of black flats with ballet tights underneath her dress.

Her mother tended to like to make her outfits such as these, despite Katya not preferring the style. She still wore the articles of clothing for the sole fact that her mother had created them especially for her, and she wanted to feel like she was with her mother wherever she went. Of course, in the Slytherin uniform it wasn't as possible, but on her off time she seemed to dress in the most refined style for an eleven-year-old. She assumed it was part of being in a 'rich' family.

Without further hesitation, she pushed past the door into the Study Room, seeing exactly who she expected in the room. She had made plans with the new prefect, Sebastian Leeds, to study on Charms. And of course, she was running late, so she definitely expected him to be there before she was. A grin spread across her face once her eyes landed on him, and she made her way to the table that was situated in the center of the room, letting her books slip out of her arms and onto the table next to his own items.

With a quick sigh of relief, she properly turned to the prefect, holding out one of her hands to shake his. "Hello, you must be Sebastian," She greeted him, her accent highly noticeable as it made her words the slightest bit harder to understand, "I am Yekaterina Petrov, but you can call me Katya." She introduced herself, silently reminding herself of how her parents acted whenever they met new people. It was probably the best decision to imitate that, it would make her more mature. Wouldn't it?

- In Noctem Animam Meam

The door opened, and Sebastian looked over. He had been quite confident as to what to expect, namely another student in a school uniform and robes, however the girl who walked into the room was very different. For a moment, Sebastian stared, before returning his attention to the desk and averting his eyes; while he didn't want to be rude, Sebastian had to wonder if her appearance was any indication as to her personality. He straightened his books absently until the girl joined him at the table, breaking the silence.

"Yes, I'm Sebastian," He said in response, shaking her hand, his silver-blue eyes taking in several details. "It's good to meet you, Katya."

With a motion to the chairs, Sebastian pulled one out and waited for Katya to sit before doing so himself. Something about her screamed upper-class, from her crisp mannerisms, poise, clearly designer outfit, and even her personal belongings. Not unlike Sebastian's own, really, but in this instance the boy hadn't really brought much to indicate his family wealth, save perhaps that his school bag was a nice leather, and he possessed a high quality quill and paper stock.

"I'll be honest," Sebastian began, as he started unpacking his studying materials. He placed the ink pot neatly to one side, dropping the quill into it. "I'm surprised you accepted the study session. You seem to be doing very well, grade-wise. Though I'll admit not having to carry another student who is struggling is pleasant, so this should be enjoyable."

When things were in place, Sebastian looked to Katya. He still wanted to know more about her family and situation, perhaps even points of interest to come back to another day, as the connections one made in the early years of schooling helped define them...

"Out of curiosity, I have a book, which details various pure-blood families," Sebastian said, one eyebrow raised. "I recall reading about a line of Petrovs... would they be one and the same?"

The notation had given a very brief overview of the family, like most entries contained within, but given Sebastian's habit of reading in his spare time to increase his depth of knowledge - combined with his excellent memory and recall - it seemed prudent to absorb as much as possible; and unlike some instances, this might prove to be a chance to expand on something he only gained a small understanding of...

Sebastian Leeds

For a first impression, the other Slytherin happened to be doing an impressive job. "The pleasure is mine." She replied to him quite simply, gingerly sitting down in the chair that Sebastian had pulled out for her. She pulled her belongings together more nicely, reorganizing things so that they wouldn't get in the way when they initiated the actual studying portion of their time together. Although for one reason or another, Katya had a feeling that there wouldn't be too much actual studying occurring. She watched as he began to sort out his studying items, moments before doing the same.

"Well, studying is good, no?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow at him, "You should study regularly, or else you will forget." Repeating the words of Arielle had never been so easy for her. As her tutor, Arielle would constantly push Katya to study, to the point where when she got her Hogwarts letter, Katya believed she would be sorted into Ravenclaw. It was sort of relieving when she wasn't, now that she's been in her house for a while. She hardly saw any first year Ravenclaws - it was worrisome. Did their Head of House hide them away or something?

Upon his next words, her eyebrow quirked up once again. Apparently, this happened to be a habit of her's. He was definitely unusual, this question was unusual. Although, she wasn't sure if he was trying to be polite or rude. So naturally, she responded the way her mother usually did when someone asked her if she was Natalina Petrov the designer.

"Of course, what else would they be?" She asked, raising her chin slightly so that her nose was almost in the air, but not in a snobbish manner. If anything, this was her own method of 'defending' her family line, if the occasion arose where it need be. "Do you know, your mother probably wears my mother's designs," She noted, now turning to look at him properly in her seat, rather than out of the corner of her eye. She had set her things apart - a few pieces of expensively personal-made parchment. The Petrov family crest was on the top right corner, a giant P with a laurel. The parchment was courtesy of her uncle, who sent in about twenty-five pieces per week for her to do homework with, as well as write owls.

"And do I know you elsewhere than because you are prefect?" She asked, moving her own bottle of ink to the opposite side of the parchment, placing her white feather quill in the bottle. She found a liking to the older types of writing tools, rather than the modern-day pens and pencils. If she made a mistake - which hardly ever happened, she was quite particular - then she would have to restart whatever she was doing from scratch. She picked up a piece of her parchment, putting it down in the space between the small stack of papers and her bottle of ink, then leaned back in her chair, intertwining her hands together on the surface of the table.

- In Noctem Animam Meam

The second thing Sebastian noticed was the very precise, methodical way that Katya prepared her own studying material. When both were seated, the boy acting the gentleman as he had been taught, he observed; the paper, quill and (presumably) ink were top quality, not too dissimilar to Sebastian's own, and he found some enjoyment in Katya's manner. It was mostly a feeling of familiarity, very typical of someone raised in a upper-class family, and compared to most of the students Sebastian had encountered it was nice to have that distant connection to home - even if it was more out of comfort of the place, rather than the people.

I don't miss my parents, Sebastian thought to himself, glancing down to his quill. But I do miss the quiet and the freedom to study as I would.

When Katya began answering some of Sebastian's questions, he listened attentively. The book of pure-blood families was quite thorough, and considering the Petrov name wasn't as common in the region around Hogwarts, the information had been limited. Still, it was interesting to learn that the family had some kind of fashion design business, which the boy filed away in case he needed it at a later date.

"I didn't want to presume," Sebastian said simply, smirking. Sometimes Pure-bloods could be very touchy about their status, which even he had to admit happened. Not often, but it did. "And I wouldn't know. Fashion eludes me, I simply wear what I am given by a wealthy parent... I let mother play dress up, it keeps her happy."

Now that he thought about it, Sebastian wondered if his more casual clothing was designed by Katya's mother. The boy glanced down to his button shirt, and the comfortable coat over it. It wouldn't surprise him, really, if the clothing was as high a quality as implied. And given Margaret Leeds' taste for expensive and designer, chances were something was. Still, Sebastian refocused, listening again as his study partner continued, asking her own question.

"You probably know my family name, more than me personally," Sebastian said, silver-blue eyes looking at Katya, watching, continually observing. His tone was very passive, no hint of pride in his voice at all. "The Leeds constantly circle high upper-class functions and have many connections in the wizarding community. You may be aware of my father, Kenneth Leeds, who is the current acting Head Auror..."

Sebastian felt the corner of his mouth twitch, as he wasn't fond of making his father sound praised. It was simply a case of as was, a result of circumstance. Many were often impressed by the realization that Sebastian's parent was leading the Dark Wizard hunting branch, but when you grew up with someone in such a position, the awe quickly gave way to resentment. The whole relationship between father and son had been strained from the beginning; very little quality time, and what time was shared was strict and focused on educational development and expectations, rather than any kind of tenderness or bonding...

"What about your parents?" Sebastian asked, wanting to shift the focus from his own family. "Obviously your mother designs fashion, what about your father? Do you have siblings?"

Sebastian paused.

"I apologize if I'm pressing too much," He said, eyebrows furrowed. "I'm very used to being told about this kind of stuff, when rubbing shoulders with families who like to brag at balls and parties, so it's become second nature to ask about people... if you're not comfortable, we can change topics."

Sebastian Leeds

This boy seemed to be different than the other people she had met. He definitely wasn't anything like Swamp Boy, who was rather odd if she did say so herself. And she couldn't quite relate him to Eris, either. She too was odd, but perhaps that was why she was friends with Swamp Boy. She couldn't quite relate him to anyone, and therefore it was probably in her best interest to befriend him. Though she could never be too sure about it either.  As he spoke more, Katya's eyes raked over his own attire, a small smirk coming across her lips.

"That is my mother's design," She pointed to the coat he was wearing, raising from her seat for a moment to step behind his own chair, picking at the collar of his coat - careful not to actually touch him - and folding it over, tapping on the tag once with her other hand, "Aha, I told you so." On the tag of his jacket was the classic N.Petrov, the label found on her exclusive line of clothing, that was out for only a limited time at that. She let go, taking back up her seat and leaning against the back of it. 

"Don't speak before you know," Katya mentioned, waving her hand in the air as if she was dismissing the topic almost immediately after. Though if Sebastian were to begin speaking in the short time that she had paused, she would have cut him off. 

Regarding the title of 'Head Auror', being from Russia she wasn't the most bright on what the fancy titles meant in the Ministry, though she knew it must've been something important if he was somewhat bragging about it. She narrowed her eyes slightly, studying him for a few moments before responding.

"Head Auror, is that important?" She inquired, of all things. She could've said something different, but apparently she felt the need to do otherwise. While she waited for his answer, she kicked her leg slightly underneath the table. She had taken up her previous position with her hands held together in front of her. Only after he answered would she move on to his next question, about her parents, more specifically her father. If she had any siblings. Then, he tried to justify his reasoning as to why he was asking these questions, but Katya shook her head.

"Do not apologize, never apologize," She told him, before answering his actual question, "My father is the best potioneer in the entirety of Europe, probably the world," She mentioned, holding out one of her hands to inspect her nails, which were void of any colour. They were a little long, but nothing too unmanageable or annoying. "And two brothers, Mikael and Demitri. They are still in the school, six year." She informed him, bringing her hand back down to meet her other one back on the table. "Do you have brothers, or sisters?" Now it was her turn to ask, and she pursed her lips as she tried to think of more questions.

"And what does your mother do?" Aha, that was it. If he was going to ask her questions about herself, she should ask the same of him. It finally clicked, and she was back in her mother's teachings of how to be a powerful figure rather than a pawn. She wouldn't be a pawn, even in the slightest way. It was funny to think of this at that moment, considering she didn't know quite much about Sebastian, but something made her feel off, in a way.

- In Noctem Animam Meam

Sebastian was surprised when Katya stood, walked over, and checked his collar. He kind of stayed still, barely breathing, as he was tugged at. Yet, no sooner had the Russian girl done so, than she returned to her chair. The realization that Sebastian didn't know who's brand he was wearing hadn't really mattered to him, but he did find the amusement in knowing there was now a small connection to Katya, even if by a thread.

"Head Auror," Sebastian mused, as he looked down to the desk, tapping his fingers against the fine wood. "It's... well, I suppose yes. The Auror branch basically investigates and hunts down dark wizards, making sure they can't do whatever it is they do. I guess being in charge of that branch of the Ministry of Magic would be considered important."

It was an interesting development, Sebastian decided. He was aware of the fact Katya had revealed nothing to him, yet he had started speaking at length about his own business. Not that it mattered, really, as most of the information said so far was easily discovered; so, if the boy could give the impression he was a talker, and Katya believed it, then so much the better. It wasn't uncommon for the rich to like to talk about themselves, right?

Sebastian listened as Katya explained more about her family, noting the admiration for her father and his status as a very skilled potioneer. He had some doubts as to whether her father was the best in the world, but seeing as how Sebastian didn't know, he would give Katya the benefit of the doubt. She didn't seem like the brash sort, so bragging needlessly seemed out of place from what he had gleaned so far; but, this was also a first meeting, and so far the small game of control had been passed around somewhat equally... and the entire time Katya spoke, Sebastian watched. He saw small movements, caught shifts in posture, her focus on nails, how certain topics seemed mundane to her - like the brothers, who had little praise aside from their year.

"My mother," Sebastian repeated. He looked down again, thinking, letting the pause hang for a moment. He wanted Katya's attention, to draw her back in. "At one point she worked for the Ministry of Magic, before I was born. She was part of a branch that kept Muggles from learning about the wizarding world, and from what I'm told was quite skilled at the job."

Sebastian glanced to Katya, smiling wryly, eyes glinting.

"She retired when she was pregnant with me, and now she spends most of her time attending social events and rubbing shoulders with important wizarding families and ex-Ministry employees... nothing as exciting as your mother, sadly."

Despite the fact this was simply an introduction, Sebastian couldn't help but find he was thoroughly enjoying himself. It seemed rare to find students capable of some of the intricacies of conversation, the proverbial spar, and who simply talked about their cat at home who sneezed once or twice. Finally, aside from the few exceptions, the Slytherin prefect had the opportunity to play a far deeper game, and the idea thrilled him - which was quite sad, really, considering how fantastical Hogwarts was said to be.

But, Katya is interesting, He mused, as he considered how to wrangle control. And if I can enjoy this game, and learn a little more, even better.

Sebastian raised an eyebrow, as he absently straightened his parchment sheets with a finger.

"Did you have to move from Russia?" The prefect asked, his tone curious. "Or is your family still living over there? What's the standing of the Petrov's back home? Influential?"

He had no real knowledge of Russia, it's families or the status of those families. Unfortunately the book on pure-bloods was mostly limited to close regional lines, so knowing some background of Katya's family would be helpful...

Sebastian Leeds

A smirk had made its way onto the girl's face as he didn't give her a response to the fact that he was wearing one of her mother's designs. She had expected something, but he seemed to have missed that. She didn't mind all too much though, she had proven herself right and in the situations where she was wrong, she didn't like to reply to it either. So, all in all, understandable to say the least. She feigned authentic interest, leaning her elbow on the table and resting her cheek on her fist, nodding her head when he finished speaking.

"I see..." She trailed off, making a mental note to suggest to her parents inviting this family to a future gala - perhaps even the summer one coming up in just a few months. She didn't suppose they would mind, plus if this meeting went well between herself and Sebastian, then she would also - maybe - have a friend there as well. If she went as far as calling anyone such a thing. She's been turned off of the idea of friendship for quite a while now, since her last one. 

He began to speak again, and in response Katya tried her best to maintain eye contact, although she wasn't the best at holding it. Oftentimes, she found herself getting distracted by anything else, but he was looking down at his lap, so it wasn't as hard as it usually was. The way he spoke of her made her assume the worst - that she had passed on. He spoke about her in past tense, so it only made sense. Of course, to Katya's surprise, she wasn't dead, but retired. She went slack-jawed, reaching over to nudge his shoulder slightly with her hand, "You made me think she was dead!" She exclaimed, wiping the passively sympathetic look off of her face.

So far, the boy happened to be leaving a good impression on the young Russian girl. She could see herself spending her time with him again, but she didn't have any ideas of things they would do together. They seemed to be alike, but she didn't know him  well enough to know what he liked to do. She snapped out of her mindset once again, having gotten lost in thoughts a few times by now, once he began speaking again. She turned to look at his face once again, pursing her lips slightly.

"You ask many questions. We live in Russia, we do not plan on moving for some school. If they want us to move, I will just go to Durmstrang," She mentioned nonchalantly, as though Hogwarts wasn't too much of a big deal. Which, in her mind, it wasn't. Any school would be lucky to have such an intellectual at its disposal. When year seven came around, she was almost sure that she would be top of her class. "We are very well-known across Europe, both by muggles and wizards," She explained, picking dirt from underneath her nail like it was the most entertaining thing in the world.

"My father get a lot of orders for potions, he gives them good quality, they give money. People like him, like his work, and like me." She smirked. Being liked by people was something important in her opinion - if you were liked, then you were important. Or in Sebastian's words, influential. "And of course my mother, she is designer, constantly there is cameramen, or events, or galas. There is no end." She huffed, then eyes Sebastian once again, this time from the corner of her eye rather than straight-on.

"Where do you come from? Are you well-known?"

- In Noctem Animam Meam

One thing Sebastian noticed about Katya, was that she had an amusing method of losing interest. Even as he spoke, the boy could almost feel the girl's attention shifting, through numerous small mannerisms. One was playing with her nails, another was looking around, and consistently breaking eye contact. It amused Sebastian, seeing some similarities between the pair, despite their completely different places of birth. The other thing he noticed was a habit of smirking, which he had no issue with Katya doing - she had a nice smirk, for a girl.

"I do ask a lot of questions," Sebastian admitted, face passive. "I find it's the easiest way to get to know someone..."

Nonetheless, Sebastian continued to listen, maintaining eye contact. He enjoyed observing people, it had become something of a pastime, even when simply walking through hallways or quietly studying. The boy didn't do it in some creepy way, he reassured himself, just a passing interest in others around him, so he could take stock of those around. Yet, Sebastian's own personal musings were interrupted at the mention of Durmstrang...

I've heard interesting things about that place, Sebastian thought to himself, as he inclined his head, focus fully on Katya. I wonder why Katya didn't attend that school, now that she's mentioned it? I'll ask another time.

As the Russian girl continued to answer, Sebastian found it interesting that her father made potions for both Wizards and Muggles. Did they know he was using magic? Or were the potions sold as basic remedies?

"I was born in Ireland," Sebastian said, smirking. The accent was probably identified for Katya now. "And no, I'm not well-known. I'm an eleven year old student at Hogwarts, who's just become Prefect... but if you mean the Leeds family, I suppose they are influential in the Wizarding community. Because of father and the Auror thing, mostly, though we're an old money family."

Sebastian paused, before smiling.

"That means very wealthy from a long line of investments and sales, usually land."

Now that he thought back to it, Sebastian felt that both he and Katya might share similar views on the galas and balls. Sometimes people assumed it was all glorious and filled with dancing and expensive food and drinks, which wasn't too far from the truth really. But what they didn't understand was the underlying political struggles, the fierce gossip and social assimilating that took place; it certainly made the whole experience grow tiresome, when you had to dress and act a certain way, in order for your parents to maintain their standing with a family or Wizard group.

"Do you find the high-class events as boring as I do?" Sebastian asked suddenly, eyebrow raised. He wanted to take a risk, share his feelings on something, and see how they were treated. "I can't stand being paraded around, made to fulfill some role of obedient child, saying the right things, shaking the endless sea of hands, and being talked about rather than to... I don't know about you, but sometimes I wish I could just throw a dementor into the middle of the room and leave.

"But, that would require anyone attending to actually have a soul... or be worth having it sucked out."

Sebastian Leeds

With a smile picking away at her lips, Katya leaned in a little closer to him, "I guess we will get to know each other very well, then," She mused, lingering for a moment before leaning back in her seat and resuming with what she was saying. How Hogwarts was lucky to have her, basically. She was a little egotistical in that sense, but she had the slight right to from almost getting Ravenclaw. She could have been one, if she didn't acquire more Slytherin assets, she guessed. 

She listened as he spoke again, and for once she appreciated a proper conversation. She didn't get to speak to many people outside of Eris, and that wasn't even entertaining. It was like teaching a kindergartener, although she had to admit it was a little more fun than tending to little five year olds. He spoke of how he was from Ireland, which made the accent click in her mind. She was sure she recognized it from somewhere, but she wasn't the expert with accents. For majority of her years, she was in Russia, solely conversing with Russians in Russian. The only exceptions were her family's galas. She never got invited to the ones outside of her home - that, or her parents didn't bring her.

Katya found herself genuinely interested, though, in whatever Sebastian seemed to have to say. She wasn't sure if it were because she wanted to be friends, or if she was interested in him, but there was a fair chance that it was a good amount of both. A blush gradually appeared on her cheeks as he explained himself, causing her to look away to her parchment, scrunching up her nose. She mumbled something along the lines of 'I knew that' under her breath in Russian, crossing her arms over her chest.

She stayed like that until he questioned whether or not she found the high-class events as boring as he did. Pondering for a moment, she lost her chance to respond quickly as he continued on, explaining how he saw them. She found herself wondering if she should respond honestly or play along, but his last statement made her laugh, causing her to choose the latter without doubting it. 

"I know, right? I wish I didn't have to attend the ones in my own home. They are too much of a bother, honestly."

She felt her heart beating a little harder at the thrill of a bluff, though she kept her face at a neutral stand-point. She was a master of faking expressions by this point, having to go through so much at home already. A gesture of running her fingers through the ends of her hair took place, and she was glad that at this point her face had cooled back down to room temperature from his assumption that she didn't know what he meant by 'old money', or whatever. Not that his assumptions were wrong - it was just slightly embarrassing when it was noticeable.

"How about we, well... actually study now? Or do you have any more questions?" She asked curiously. A part of her wanted to answer more questions, all the meanwhile learning about him in the process, but another part of her wanted nothing more than to curl up in the Common Room on the couch for the next hour or two. She looked to him for his answer, quirking up her eyebrow.

- In Noctem Animam Meam

"Getting to know one another has been one of the better offers today," Sebastian mused, smirking as he thought about his day. "Being a prefect, I've been getting a lot of odd requests and offers of friendship... I suppose people suspect I'll go easy on them, if they're caught."

Sebastian was enjoying himself. The wordplay, the undertones, the subtle attempts at prying information from the other, it was all quite fun. It had been a very long time since the boy had had another person to play the conversation game with, and Katya wasn't disappointing. Despite being largely deficient when it came to reading girl's emotions, Sebastian suspected that the Russian student might also enjoy the meeting so far; the pair seemed quite similar, akin to two peas in a pod, as the saying went.

"We rarely host events in our manor," Sebastian said simply, glancing to Katya as she brushed fingers through her hair. "Maybe we can ask our parents about attending an event or two, with the other family... we would be able to talk about how much we hate the gala, which might prove fun."

Usually Sebastian wouldn't seek out any kind of celebration, let alone speak to his parents to request one, so that marked quite a shift in his thinking. Perhaps Katya had sunk claws in deeper than he thought, but the boy also couldn't deny the opportunity to make some strong connections through the Petrov's was exciting. Being friendly with one of the best potioneers in the world? A good person to have a means to speaking with, especially in the future; plus, Katya's mother might also find some common ground with Sebastian's own mother, as the pair discussed fashion...

"And yes, we should begin studying," Sebastian said as he looked down to the books on the desk. "If we don't prepare for Charms now, we'll miss the opportunity. I suppose we should start on chapter five? The one about..."

As they reached out, both seeking their respective books, Sebastian felt Katya's fingers brush his own. There was a moment for the boy, when his breath caught, the warm skin of his hand touching hers, seeming to last hours - but then fingers clasped books, the pages were opened, and the quills and ink were prepared. Still, Sebastian couldn't help but glance sideways at Katya.

He smiled.

The pair began studying.

End.

Sebastian Leeds