Study Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Retreat  Closed 

After a long day of being so unintelligent in all her classes, Jenna needed someplace to go to avoid everything. All of the places she tried were occupied... until she found the Study Room. Nobody was there.
((At the moment...))

She laughed to herself. Well yeah, she thought, Who studies in the study room? Jenna sat down at a corner desk, pulled her Herbology textbook out of her bag, and began reading. 

Now this is more like it! Complete silence to read about my favorite subject. No drama, no gossip, no anybody. Just me and Herbology. Oh yeah. 

Jenna tried to act like she came just to study, but she knew the real reason that she came was to escape the embarrassment that came when she passed out earlier in the ballroom. She thought she had been so stupid, ruining everything for her best friend. She just wanted to be alone... at least, that's what she told herself. Jenna secretly wanted someone to be there with her; someone to talk with. To confide in.

Too bad.

Why would anyone even talk to her anyway?? Jenna hated herself. She wished she could forget everything.  Right then. Jenna laughed; "Too bad."
Last edited by Bloom Silverton on 25th February 2018, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jen-Jam <3

Retreat  Closed 

Darius was beginning to love Ravenclaws. Oh yeah, he definitely loved those students. All the Ravenclaws he had met so far were all kind to him. One of them even gave him his notebook! He couldn't be happier about it. He treated it with extreme care, obviously.
It was a notebook full of notes (oh, really?) about tricks, spelling pronunciation, wrist movements while casting the spell and so much more. There were also notes from other subjects, and they were advanced, too! Most of them were First-year spell, another part was Second-year spells and a small amount of Third-year notes.
That notebook was his Holy Grail, it had been so useful so far. He learned quickly a lot of spells and tips, but he needed to exercise on some concentration work he still hadn't got so well.
So, he grabbed his quill, the notebook and his Magical wand and walked quickly to the Study Room, the best place to study at.
He didn't really care about other people, in fact, it would have just been more useful to him! He liked people company and teamwork, so he was calm and okay with it.
As soon as he reached the classroom, he slowly opened the door in front of him, looking around.
He immediately saw a girl sat down at a corner desk who was apparently studying Herbology. A Hufflepuff, as he could see from her yellow cloak. He entered slowly, trying to not disturb her.
"Hello..." He whispered as if he was in the Library, warning her about his presence.

"If you can dream it, you can do it!"

Retreat  Closed 

Jenna looked up from her textbook at the approaching Gryffindor. "Oh!" She exclaimed, a bit shaken. "Hello there..." Jenna also whispered, as if their meeting was some huge secret. "I- um... Did you, uh, want to study?" She swallowed hard, thinking about how stupid she sounded.

Of course he wants to study you dim-wit! You're in a study room! 

"I'm o-okay with sharing the, um, room. I uh- actually kind of wanted some, um, company..." Jenna stammered. 

What the heck is that supposed to mean?! Why am I so stupid? I finally have the chance to make a friend, and I'm blowing it. Or maybe he doesn't want to be friends... I mean, I'd be perfectly fine with that too; I am a bit repulsive... Oy! I just need to let the world turn!

"I'm so sorry! I haven't even introduced myself! My name is Jenna Loveland." She said concisely. 

And... why in the turning world do I think it's okay to introduce myself right now?! Why does it matter who I am?! I should just leave- No, but then I would look rude! My stupid mouth did say I wanted the company!
Grr... 

"Sorry! I'm so dense. I'll just leave you alone now. We are in a study zone..." Jenna bit her lip, trying to stop herself from blabbing on about her useless nonsense. And I insulted myself. What a great day this is shaping up to be!

Jen-Jam <3

Retreat  Closed 

As soon as Darius walked into the room, he started noticing a strange behaviour in that Hufflepuff girl. She looked so nervous and anxious, maybe stressed out, maybe she was just very shy.
Darius couldn't help but smile while she was talking, almost as if he could see the inner fight she was having with herself. He saw it in her eyes, which seemed really agitated.
He didn't judge her at all, in fact, he knew very well that feeling. He had always been a shy boy, too. He never knew how to behave with other people and he still doesn't know, but he got used to it and he tried to get rid of his shyness.
For example, before coming to Hogwarts he couldn't even stand a girl's glance, but now he's okay with it. So Darius just shook his head, replying with a big and warm smile:
"I'm Darius De Amoris, nice to meet you!" He said as he put down his notebook on the dusty desk right beside Jenna.
"And you don't need to be sorry at all! If you want company you could study with me. I need to study something hard and I'd like some help. And I like teamwork, so... What do you think?" He asked, staring at her with his big, brown eyes. He knew she was in discomfort, so he tried to encourage her and tell her there was nothing wrong with her.

Retreat  Closed 

Cory slumped onto her desk, the fat pages of a Transfiguration book open in front of her. She sighed before flipping the page once again and resting her head in her palm. Her eyes glazed over the pages, barely registering the words that each one contained. She was tired and it made it made itself quite present in her posture. Her head slowly fell forwards, slipping out of her hands before connecting harshly with the table.
"Y-ow!" She squeaked, hands flying up to her nose. She blinked owlishly, eyes wandering around in confusion. "Oh right.. I'm studying." She almost laughed at her ridiculousness but that would seem strange to observers. She rubbed her nose before pulling the book in front of her again.

After a while of reading she decided to look up, not realizing how much time had passed as she slowly looked around. She noticed two students who seemed to be conversing at internally questioned whether she should approach them or not. She smiled grimly before turning to her book again. Social interaction wasn't exactly her strong suit. She shrugged, slipping a blank sheet onto the table before sketching some of the illustrations she deemed 'cool enough' to pass the time.

A certain darkness is needed to see the stars

Retreat  Closed 

Darius De Amoris wrote:"And you don't need to be sorry at all! If you want company you could study with me. I need to study something hard and I'd like some help. And I like teamwork, so... What do you think?" He asked, staring at her with his big, brown eyes. He knew she was in discomfort, so he tried to encourage her and tell her there was nothing wrong with her.
Jenna looked at Darius in wonder. Did he just...? "Ye-yeah! That would actually be really great." Jenna could not express how relieved she was to finally work with someone again. Or even talk to them. 
Like a normal person... 

"What do you need help with?" Jenna smiled, trying to push her thoughts away. 

She was hoping (and expecting) it to be something interesting, due to the intriguing look of Darius's notebook. Jenna began trying to remember if she saw him in any of her classes. Was he? She couldn't remember. 

Jenna still felt a little shy around Darius (for some reason she couldn't explain), but she didn't show it as much right then. She started warming up to the fact of a possible friend- or acquaintance! 
It honestly didn't really matter to Jenna. 

Jen-Jam <3

Retreat  Closed 

Cory Park wrote:She noticed two students who seemed to be conversing at internally questioned whether she should approach them or not. She smiled grimly before turning to her book again. Social interaction wasn't exactly her strong suit. She shrugged, slipping a blank sheet onto the table before sketching some of the illustrations she deemed 'cool enough' to pass the time.
Jenna was so caught up in her wild emotions, she didn't even notice the girl until then. 

Should I talk to her?? 
Would she accept me?? 
Probably not.

Jenna stole multiple glances at the girl, wondering about who she was. 

Wait. Was she here the whole time? Oh, great! She probably saw me acting like an idiot around Darius.
Fantastic! Just, great...

She swallowed and turned away from the girl, wincing at her stupidity once again.

She probably saw me looking at her too... I'm so stupid! Why did I even come to this school?!

Jenna cringed and almost slapped her forehead (which she seemed to be doing a lot lately...), but stopped herself short. 

I have to be strong. I will make friends. I just have to stop showing my uneasiness. 

Yes, I can do this.

Jen-Jam <3

Retreat  Closed 

Darius smiled brightly when he heard Jenna's answer. He sighed in relief, starting shaking with excitement.
"Good!" He exclaimed, picking up his beloved notebook.
He looked through it until he found the Second-years charms, pointing at the Severing Charm paragraph, which had all the tricks and warnings about the charm.
It was just a Second-year charm, not very difficult to cast but also powerful. It could be really dangerous though since it could cut almost everything, human flesh included. Darius' hands were often shaky, so he should have been very careful.
He didn't care really much at that moment, though. He wrongly underestimated that charm.
"So... I have a few problems with the Severing Charm since it appears to be weak for my taste: I can't even cut paper with it! I think I need better concentration, but you should watch me and see if something's wrong or if it's just me. Do you think you can do it?" He asked, grabbing a paper duck origami from his pocket, putting it on the wooden desk.
What could have gone wrong? He thought.
But then, he looked at the Gryffindor girl seated at the other desk, recognizing her: it was Cory!
"Hey Cory!" He said, waving at her "You're studying too, uh?"

Retreat  Closed 

Darius De Amoris wrote:"So... I have a few problems with the Severing Charm since it appears to be weak for my taste: I can't even cut paper with it! I think I need better concentration, but you should watch me and see if something's wrong or if it's just me. Do you think you can do it?" He asked, grabbing a paper duck origami from his pocket, putting it on the wooden desk.
What could have gone wrong? He thought.
But then, he looked at the Gryffindor girl seated at the other desk, recognizing her: it was Cory!
"Hey Cory!" He said, waving at her "You're studying too, uh?"
Jenna looked down at Darius's notebook as he tried to spark conversation with the Gryffindor in the room. "Cory", so she had heard. The spell looked about medium difficulty, so she picked up her wand and directed the point at the origami duck. This can't be that hard...

"Difflindo!" Jenna stated, doing the wand motion she read about. Nothing happened. What?? 
She squinted at the spell to see if she was doing it right. She tried again. Nothing happened. 

This is starting to get frustrating... 

Jenna kept trying, but nothing ever happened that was close to a cut or sever. 
She eventually got worked up.

"DIFFLINDO!!!" Jenna screamed at the duck. The origami duck exploded. Smoke rose up around in the air and Jenna's face was clearly ashen. She embarrassingly looked back at the notebook, refusing to look up. As she read the spell again, Jenna felt stupid. 

It said Diffindo, not Difflindo! I am officially rubbish. 

"Sorry..." Jenna mumbled, starting to gather her things in humiliation. She put her books in her bag.
Why can't I go one place without embarrassing myself?

To be completely honest, Jenna would have probably laughed until she fell over about this, but with the fact that other people were there (that she barely knew), she was too embarrassed. 

((OOC: Sorry I took so long to respond.))

Jen-Jam <3

Retreat  Closed 

Adohiro reached the study room and found a seat. He pulled his textbooks out and began to study them even though he had already memorized the information. He had gotten a few library books of further information on the subjects the Professors were going over. He had always been an overachiever but it was probably because his family had always pushed him to be the top. It was quite annoying for him because he was always forced to study for long hours and to never have any kind of social relationship outside of school growing up. Adohiro was currently reading his History of Magic book, reading further into the subject of the Witch Trials they had discussed in the class. It was an easy subject and it was a pretty much basic knowledge that even a mere child of wizards knew of the subject. Adohiro skimmed through the pages and soon started studying the spells he would need to learn to be a better wizard. He was excited when he could be done with Hogwarts and do whatever he would want to do. He couldn't wait to move back to South Korea so he could get away from his family.  

"Why are you telling me to choose
When I only have my eyes half-open?
Somebody let me know, tell me which way to go"
-내일, 오늘

Retreat  Closed 

(Sorry if there are mistakes, im on my phone)

Being new and alone sure wasn’t easy,  but Krystal has been through tougher things than that so she decided to try to find her way around this place on her own. It sure wasn't an easy thing to do tough.
The study room, a place she has decided to choose because she wasn’t assigned to a dorm room yet, so she needed to study somewhere. The girl didnt’t exactly know why she was assigned to Ravenclaw...well she does have a passion for drawing and likes originality, she has also been a good student, but never a huge fan of studying. She only studied when she needed to but luckily her brain remembered things fast.
Holding her books to her chest, she looked around where to sit and decided to sit at the table closest by. As she sat on the chair, placing her books on the table, she noticed a korean boy next to her. Being lost in thoughts too long can make a person unaware of their surroundings. She shot a quick smile at him out of kindness and opened one of her study books. She also took out her trusty black sketchpad just in case an inspiration flies by...
Last edited by Bloom Silverton on 23rd February 2018, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: POST MUST BE 200 WORDS OR MORE. Please edit this post to ensure that your post will meet the minimum requirements. Thank you! :)

Retreat  Closed 

A blonde boy would walk into the study room, with a book bay leaning on his shoulder, with the weight of it pressing down on him. He soon sat at one of the tables and pulled his books out, sending a nod of reognition to Adohiro. He then took out the dark forces going to the bookmarked page of it. He would then intently read it and make a few notes in a small notebook of his. 

Alexander would then practie a downwards wand movement about 5 times, not too muh sine it was rather easy but it was some more practice in getting more control over his wands. He then began to pronounce the word a few dozen times, trying to find just the right way to pronounce. "STEW-pleh-flye, no no, STEW-pluh-fy, still not good but better, STEW-puh-fly" He then breated out frustrated for a second before taking a small rest and calmly saying "STew-puh-fye." He would then smile in succes as he finnaly got the pronounciation right. Then he would combine the wand movement, with the correct pronounciation as well as a little bit of magic and a large amount of determination    

He aimed his wands at the wall whilst doing so and with lots of satisfaction watched a red light leave his wand and harmlessly dissipate against the wall. He then studied some more in his book, not sitting like he does not want company.

Retreat  Closed 

Krystal Silver wrote: (Sorry if there are mistakes, im on my phone)

Being new and alone sure wasn’t easy,  but Krystal has been through tougher things than that so she decided to try to find her way around this place on her own. It sure wasn't an easy thing to do tough.
The study room, a place she has decided to choose because she wasn’t assigned to a dorm room yet, so she needed to study somewhere. The girl didnt’t exactly know why she was assigned to Ravenclaw...well she does have a passion for drawing and likes originality, she has also been a good student, but never a huge fan of studying. She only studied when she needed to but luckily her brain remembered things fast.
Holding her books to her chest, she looked around where to sit and decided to sit at the table closest by. As she sat on the chair, placing her books on the table, she noticed a korean boy next to her. Being lost in thoughts too long can make a person unaware of their surroundings. She shot a quick smile at him out of kindness and opened one of her study books. She also took out her trusty black sketchpad just in case an inspiration flies by...

Adohiro was sitting quietly, reading over the materials he had picked from the library. However, he noticed a pretty light-haired girl walk into the study room. From her uniform, her name was Krystal which seemed like an odd spelling to him. He then saw a small smile which he smiled back. However, he was still confused with the spelling of her name. "Crystal' spelled with a 'c', not a 'k'." The Korean boy had asked out a bit too loud. Noticing his abrubt mistake, Adohiro blushed darkly in embarrassment and did a quick bow to her. "I greatly apologize for my rudeness!" He spoke, bowing thrice. However, he knew his random bowing did cause some awkwardness to others. Living in South Korea for his whole life, he wasn't up to date with the England customs and it would take him awhile to adjust. Especially the food since it tasted nothing like the homecooked meals his family cook had made. However, he did try some homemade cookies a student had made and they were sure tasty. "I-I am sorry." He apologized once again to the light-haired girl. 

(I created a header!)

-내일, 오늘

Retreat  Closed 

While reading, the girl noticed that the boy next to her seemed to be focused on her attire. He soon made a quiet comment about her name, which Krystal quickly understood as something he didn’t mean to say outloud and as the boy apologized, she knew she was correct. She made a short eye contact with the boy, letting him know she heard him. She then looked away for a second, like she was trying to compose a simple explaination. With a smile, she nicely answered.
“Yes, my name origins from the word crystal, but like most names it has many variations.”
She then focused on the boy’s name:
“A-do-hi-ro...Adohiro.”
She tought to herself, already knowing some of the Asian culture and from his name and apperiance knew the boy was Korean. 
“Nice to meet you Adohiro, does your name mean anything?”
She then curiously asked, looking at the boy’s nametag.
With a gentle flip she fixed her silky white locks that were falling on her face. The boy seemed kind and striking a short conversation with him made Krystal feel better about this place. She didn’t hate solitude, but knowing that a person can talk to people easily here, sure gives someone some positive energy.

Retreat  Closed 

愛土浩

Adohiro heard her explanation of how there were different name variations and he nodded his head. There were Korean names that were the same but were spelled with different consonants. "Alright, thank you very much for your answer. That clears up the misunderstanding." He kindly spoke in a polite tone of voice. He glanced at the girl's white silky hair which seemed like an odd color. Was it dyed or could she possibly be albino? However, he knew better not to ask. When he heard Krystal sound out his name, he nodded his head to show her that she said his name perfectly. "It is a pleasure to meet you too. My name Adohiro means peace within chaos. The name is Japanese despite being of Korean descent. I was named in honor of my wet nurse by my eldest brother." He had explained his name meaning which he knew he heard this question at least a hundred days. Although, it never annoyed him and he was more than happy to explain it to those who didn't understand. He glanced at his books he had gotten from the library to study the materials in more depth so he could be ahead. He opened up the History of Magic book and skimmed over the pages. He grabbed a piece of blank paper and wrote 愛土浩. He handed it to Krystal, smiling. "This is how my name is spelled."

-내일, 오늘
  Back