Study Room

Register
Sign in

Mysterious friendship  Pv Levi Kuria   Finished 

Verla wondered what he was so mad about. She was worried for him, and wanted to help. When she entered the room, she entered it alone, hoping to run into him. Maybe he would come here eventually, maybe not, she would see. She hoped he would, she really wanted to figure out what was wrong, she always did when she saw a new friend in trouble. 
She hummed a song when she saw the door open. She didn't know who it was, because no one came in. She shivered and closed the door. Strange, maybe someone trying to spook her. Then she kept hearing things, things like "kill......kill........KILL" and she tried to follow the sound. But when she found nothing, she went back to the study room. She must be going insane. That was the last thing she needed. Literally. After letting Oliver go, she must've been going mad with lonliness, and Levi was the only person who could prevent that without even trying.

She was nervous, what would she say? What would she do? What would he do? What if he didn't like her and didn't want to be friends with her because she said something wrong? Did she?
Last edited by John Johns on 1st July 2018, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: participant left. Thread Finished

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Levi was by the room where Verla was. He kicked the door, which apparently was pretending to be a wall and it flew open. Mentally cursing himself for not breaking his foot, which he had hoped for some odd reason. Then suddenly, he realised Verla there. 

"Oh. Uh, hi?" There was an awkward tension. "Sorry about... Y'know. The paper was very important to me and when I get a letter back from my parents they'll be ballistic." Levi's head drooped slightly, as if he was upset / sad. He sat on the floor against the wall. He reckoned he should tell Verla what was on the paper, but on if she asked, he decided. 

"What family do you come from? Muggles or Wizards or both?" Levi was curious, and unsure if she had said already. If so, he had probably forgotten from the rage / tantrum he'd had. 

"I tried breaking my foot, does that make me special?" He asked randomly to try get Verla's hopes up. She didn't look too happy. "Like, 'Owie'. Me special?" he asked like a 3 year old. He was being silly, trying to make up for his little 'thing' earlier. 

- Left HiO -

She saw him and runned forward him and hugged him "I was so worried about you!" She punched him in the arm, not super hard. "Don't ever scare me like that! You could've told me what was wrong." She took a deep breathe and smiled at him "why try to break your foot? How was that piece of paper so important? It's just a paper." She said, she knew he was trying to get her hopes up. She was really worried about him. She hoped he was alright, she wanted to make sure her friend was okay.

"I'm a half blood, I was called a Mudblood once, I punched that person in the face. I hate that word, it's not like we can control our bloodline. So what was wrong? What was on that paper? Did you lose it? Oh!" She opened her bag and handed it to him and opened it to show him if that was it. "I didn't read it I swear, I didn't realize you had put it in my bag until I left. Did you get some rest after that? I wanted to sneak in and check on you, but I would be in so much trouble so I stayed put."

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Levi smiled when Verla hugged him, they were definitely officially friends now. He laughed when she said she punched a guy in the face.

"Uhh, well the paper-" Levi looked at it in Verla's hand. He pulled it away from her, then started to read it carefully. "Oh thank God," he muttered. He folded the paper. "You, miss, are one wonderful person." 

"You wanted to sneak in and check on me?" Levi raised an eyebrow like, why? "And I tried to break my foot because this paper was my great-grandfather's report card. Full 'O's. Mum said I should keep it very very safe because it means a lot to my mother and grandfather. I actually think my Great-Grandpa is still alive. He's something around... 102?" Levi thought.

"Anyways- How on earth did I put it in your bag?" Now Levi was very confused. "Like... what? Or did Peeves somehow get into the Common Room and was being an idiot?" Levi's brow furrowed, like it usually did when he thought.

"Anyways-" Levi turned to leave and walked into the wall. He fell onto his butt, facing the wall. "Ow," he muttered. He touched his nose and pulled his finger away which was sticky and had blood on it. "OH MY GOD THERE'S BLOOD!" Levi yelled, overreacting a bit much. He was still being silly.

- Left HiO -

Verla smiled at him and pulled out her wand "episcy!" (OOC: or however you spell that.)
"You must've not been paying attention when you put it in my bag, but I can see how it's important." Verla blushed when he said she was a wonderful person. She blushed as bright as she had before. She giggled though when he mentioned Percy. She hadn't met the ghost yet, though she didn't want to. He sounded really mean.
"You know, there's more ways to punish yourself than trying to break your foot, wasn't a smart idea" she giggled "clumsy." She wiped the blood from his nose and nodded with approval "there! All better." She turned and walked toward her bag she had set down before casting the spell. She opened it and a picture fell out that she didn't seem to notice. It was the one of Levi and Oliver. She didn't notice that it fell out, and she couldn't care less is she did. She hoped that Levi wouldn't ask what happened to Oliver, but he was honest with her, so if he did ask, she would tell him. She looked down with a sigh as she saw that she had gotten a letter from her parents. She didn't dare read what it said in front of her friend.

"I am not clumsy!" Levi said, then immediately knocked over a random glass jar which smashed. "Well, maybe a bit? Reparo," muttered the boy and set the newly-fixed jar on the table. Levi noticed the picture which had fallen out of Verla's bag whilst fixing the jar. He picked it up and examined it.

"You dropped this," Levi said and gave the paper to Verla. "I've not seen Oliver, where is he?" Levi was curious and unaware that if his friend said, it may hurt her. "And you are an amazing artist as well." Levi smiled, then an owl appeared in the room and landed on Levi's shoulder.

"Uh oh," he muttered as he saw the letter that the bird was offering. "Darn parents," he muttered as he read it and winced at one point. 

"Ouch," he muttered. "Who knew parents put so many cuss words in a letter to their children? Oh, and a threat too? Best parents ever," Levi said aloud. Then he read:

"Levi we got your letter and cannot describe how angry we are at you. If you don't find the xxxxing paper then we will xxxxing throw you off a cliff! You better have it by the time we send our next letter!

-Mum and Dad,"

"Well, don't they love me?" 

- Left HiO -

"I, I had to let Oliver go, live with his own kind again." Tears built up in her eyes and she shook her head looking down. "I'm not that good, and at least you have parents who want you, my parents don't want me since I'm a "'witch'" and I'm "'different.'"" Verla felt like crying, she missed Oliver so much. He was the only thing holding her together. She felt awful now she thought more about it. She looked at him with tears rolling down her eyes, but she didn't seem to notice. And so she smiled at him, though when she saw he wasn't convinced, she looked at her lap and saw tear droplets, then she wiped her eyes.
She really was a mess, and now she was in front of her friend. She felt alone, though Levi helped her feel a bit better since he was around her. But without him trying, that was about it. She was lucky to have a sister who found a family who was willing to take her in if she wanted, but she didn't know. She didn't want to seem like she was pushed unto them and made her their responsibility. Eh. 

As Verla cried, Levi instinctively moved over and hugged her. "Verla, you are different to them in a good way. You're frickin' awesome and they'll have the spirit animal of a poop." He smiled encouragingly at Verla, wiping her tears away. "Being a witch is the best thing you could hope for, you get to have lots of good friends from all around Britain, you get to do magic and you get, most importantly, an idiot known as Levi."

Levi kinda hoped she'd laugh. He wondered how they'd gone from him trying to break his foot to hugging Verla. "If your family don't want you, shame on them. They miss having an amazing daughter." He smiled at her. "I reckon that when you grow up you'll be beautiful," Levi said without embarrassment. He actually meant it, not as some thing to cheer her up. Well, it was in its own way but Levi was speaking the honest truth.

"Eşti foarte frumoasă şi va fi mai mult atunci când sunteţi mai în vârstă." Levi didn't translate the meaning, and hoping against all hope that Verla did not speak Romanian. "I speak Romanian," he offered helpfully. "'Cause, family was in Romania for a bit. It was important to my mother and father, we used to speak Romanian all the time for fun."

- Left HiO -

Verla gasped as he wiped away her tears. She lost all feeling in her face other than his hand touching her cheek. She smiled and blushed when he called her beautiful. "You're not an idiot, and I don't speak Romanian, but I bet it was lovely. Thank you Levi." She hugged him tightly and smiled the brightest smile yet. Levi was a sweet kid to say such things, and he didn't seem nervous at all when he said it, which meant that he meant it. "You're the best." She broke the hug and moved his bangs out of his face. She smiled again at him. He really thought she was beautiful? She'd never been called beautiful before, and she never thought she would be called it.

But she just did, just now. "Your not to shabby looking yourself." She giggled and pumped his shoulder again as she had before. But she get comfortable next to him and laid her head on his shoulder, hoping he wouldn't shrug away, but she'd understand if he wanted his own space. She felt something skip in her chest again, what was this feeling? She had no clue. She closed her eyes and said in the softest of whispers "tha gaol agam ort." Hoping he wouldn't hear her. 

Levi smiled when Verla laid her head on his shoulder. He barely heard her saying her the Gaelic, he knew what language it was but not what it meant. "Hmm?" he asked quietly to Verla, poking her in the stomach with his free hand that wasn't around Verla. Levi chuckled before Verla could respond, which probably made her thank god about whatever the heck she had said. For some reason, Levi started to tell a story that his parents had often told him;

"One day there was a farmer named Joe. He was a crop farmer, growing wheat for the nearby village. One day, a man came to Joe and offered him a job that paid well and many wanted it. The stranger told Joe to think about his offer. Joe could live like a king if he accepted! If not, he could remain very poor and won't ever have enough money to afford anything he needed. It was true, Joe couldn't pay for food he needed. All he grew was wheat, and you can only do so much with it. He could only sell during harvest, and even then he didn't get loads as the village was small and his prices low. So, the man returned a week later. Surprisingly, Joe refused the job. He said, 'Though it may be a tough life, this is what I enjoy so this is what I will do.' The man left and Joe grew different crops. He grew trees, he grew loads of different plants. And he raised pigs, sheep and cows as well. After all this, he began quite a wealthy farmer and everyone loved his products. He was loved and he loved. The moral of the story? Stick at what you love, and it will reward you in time." 

- Left HiO -

Verla smiled as he poked her stomach, she was glad that he didn't know what she said. Though he seemed to know what she meant by it. He wrapped an arm around her and told her a story. When he finished, she looked at him, now fear or anxiety in her eyes, and she said "what I said was, I love you." She smiled at him, and she loved him more than just friends, maybe she gave enough hints for him to figure that out. She was a tad bit nervous if he didn't feel the same way, but in this moment, she was happy. She knew right about now, Oliver would budge in and keep us apart, but his wasn't here right now, so he couldn't her from doing what she wanted to do most. She kissed Levi on the cheek, since she was only about 11 years old, it didn't seem appropriate to kiss him on the lips since she didn't know how he felt. There was no one in the room, so he would have to if he wanted to, she didn't want to mess this up. She knew him pretty well already, she knew what that jump in her chest was now. It was love.

Levi honestly did not know how he was feeling. Inside him were a bunch of emotions in a blender. There was a bit of sadness from his parent's letter, there was relieviation from actually getting his Great-Grandpa's paper back, there was a bit more sadness from Verla letting Oliver go, but the main thing he felt was happiness. He hadn't properly realised it, but he knew that he did like Verla as well. She was the first person to actually talk to Levi after he'd arrived at Hogwarts, the while prior he spent as a lonely, frightened boy. Yes, he occasionally got frightened but it was even more so starting a new school. More importantly, one of Magic.

Levi hugged Verla. It felt pathetic after she'd, uh, kissed him, but he wasn't that brave. He replied to her kiss with a, "I love you too," which made him feel happy. He'd pull away from the hug and look at Verla. She might noticed that his eyes were sparkling the most it had done in years, but still as if thousands of little gears, each carrying a thought, silently moved about his head. 

"Have you, y'know, had a thingy since yesterday?" Levi asked. 

- Left HiO -

She giggled a tad bit and looked at him funny "A thingy?" She wondered what he meant. She saw his eyes sparkling for the first time since she actually gotten the nerve to speak to him. You see Verla? getting the nerve to talk to someone might actually get yourself some where. Verla smiled at that thought, she definetly did not regret doing it. She blushed again and smiled the biggest smile she ever had when he said "I love you too." Though she noticed he was nervous, and sought it best not to push him for an actual kiss, though someday she knew it might happen. 

She did wondered what he meant though. It could've been a thousand things, a letter, note? She didn't know, so she waited for him to explain. She felt a thousand things at once, which was a bit overwhelming. The thought of her parents not wanting her would always be a feeling, the fact that she let Oliver go, but now she had Levi, and all she wanted to do was hug him since he helped her experience a new feeling she'd never felt before, then she knew she was lucky to have Levi.

"Yeah... a thingy. Have no idea what on earth it means even though I said it. See, I can say stuff and have no idea what the heck it actually means. #SpecialTalent much?" Levi had often enjoyed people's confused reactions to his 'special talent'. A scenario started to run through his mind. What if... Yes, that could happen. Whilst talking to Verla, Levi's plan started to form in his mind. He kept talking and then brought up the subject of... Rocks? This may confuse Verla, but he was actually giving a hint to later. He suddenly had a (fake) violent coughing / sneezing fit, which he'd often done at school for a joke.

He was on his belly now, making a groaning noise. It was actually quite realistic. Since Verla was (probably) checking him, he waited until she was by his arms. Then he leapt up and pointed to a random corner, yelling, "What the heck is that?" He'd yell some babble about rocks and bolt out the room. 

The whole thing was obviously a joke / prank / something similar to the previous. He yelled backwards, "YOU CAN'T CATCH ME!" to Verla. He'd issued the greatest challenge of his life. He was now running from a girl. Levi chortled as he escaped.

Reducio
Levi's left the thread...

- Left HiO -