Study Room

Register
Sign in

Out to Get Me  PV Memphis Herndon   Closed 

Dmitri Jones just about had it with his day. Not only had his clean robes and newly-polished school shoes (that he polished to a gleaming shine well into last night when he couldn't sleep) been showered with searing hot coffee right before breakfast, his freaking homework for Defense Against the Dark Arts (which was an absolute pain in the butt to make) had to be soaked as well. He had to cut into a lot of his free-study time getting back down to the Slytherin common room to change and up one flight to the Study room to redo his homework for his afternoon DADA class. Needless to say, if looks could kill, the scurrying culprit would have just dropped dead in the Great Hall with how the Slytherin boy is boring holes into their back with his eyes--and debated throwing his own hot cup of coffee at the retreating back.

The raven-haired boy pinched the bridge of his nose as he painstakingly walked up the stairs towards the Study Room. This early in the morning and he's already developing a migraine. It wasn't just because he had to rewrite a piece of homework that took so long to do, it wasn't just because his entire foot was still raw and throbbing from the cupful of a hellishly hot beverage spilled on it, and it also wasn't just because he had to walk on said injured foot up a flight of stairs--no--it was the fact that he had to wear his rubber shoes with his robes. Rubber. Shoes. Oh, the horror. Already, he looked like someone's fashion-blind grandfather decided to jog while it was cold out and his arthritic joints were killing him--he looked totally ridiculous! Not only that, but he also smelled like coffee that's gone sour--he look like a grandfather, and he smelled like one. 

Going through the hallway full of people felt like hell then.

So it was no surprise when, as he was entering the Study Room and got blindsided by another student--if he bothered to check, he'd know it was Memphis--sending the books he was clutching flying every which way, he snapped. 

"What is wrong with all of you people!" Dmitri yelled, slightly forgetting the fact that they were not the only ones in the room. "I swear, all of you are out to get me!" He buried his fingers into his hair and pulled slightly almost to the point of tearing up. The Slytherin boy threw his hands up in the air and groaned. Why?! He dropped dejectedly to a crouch and looked around for his books, while slowly realizing the fact that he just had a dramatic outburst in an otherwise occupied room. Keeping his face downward, hoping that people would just forget him and his queen moment, he felt around the underside of a table for the rest of his texts.

It was a mistake, really, because it meant he had to stare at his shoes again.

It just caused him to tear up, then. A little.
Last edited by John Johns on 1st July 2018, 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Inactive

Dmitri Kazimir Jones | Second Year Slytherin
Strength: 4 | Control: 10 | Agility: 10 | Stamina: 11

It wasn't like Memphis liked seeing the demise of other students; he absolutely adored it. And seeing Dmitri (who he exchanged a few dirty glares before) throw an angry, dramatic fit complemented his day. Just this morning, he got to outsmart some snarky kid who thought, because his father was big out there or something, then he got a really great comeback to another girl who took way too much pride into her Ravenclaw scarf. His day was going so well, he kept that smirk big and proud throughout the first few hours, even smiling during some moments. He didn't even have to delve deep into his book skimming to feel happier. He couldn't think of people today who had a terrible day or perhaps felt gloomy.

Maybe it was because it was Dmitri that it caused Memphis to smile like an idiot, or maybe because of the sight of shoes that not even his uncle would wear, and he's real weird. Either way, it even spurt out a little chuckle from Memphis as he kneeled down, condescending upon the boy.

"Something wrong?" he teased, picking up one of his papers and dangling it in front of him like an adult would to a little kid. Oh, he wasn't there to make the guy feel bad, but to make himself feel better. He was having such a great day, he might have just hopped out of his shoes and danced if he hadn't any decency or honour in his blood name.

You're your own pawn at your own game.
sniff.

Dmitri looked up from the floor--having retrieved all of his fallen books--to find somebody dangling a piece of parchment that fell from one of said texts in front of his face. Upon closer inspection, he could see that this student was the one that caused this ruckus in the first place--the last straw that cracked Dmitri Kazimir Jones' perfect composure; the person who oh so graciously bumped into him and caused the raven-haired boy to scatter his textbooks all over the Study Room floor. How dare he, the Slytherin thought to himself as he stood up slowly, rising to his full height, his face falling into the mask of indifference, boredom and entitlement that he so often used in the school premises--no matter that his eyes were shining from that one little moment of tears from seeing his hideous shoes.

The raven-haired boy crossed his arms and raised one of his eyebrows. "Oh? Why thank you very much for asking, good sir, but nothing's wrong. Now if you could just kindly hand that piece of paper, I would get out of your way. God knows what happens when somebody gets in your way, huh? Poor kid's gonna have their school books flying!" Dmitri laughed mockingly, stretching a hand out in a gesture of, hand it to me, now towards the other boy, raising another single eyebrow in a haughty look.

"Oh, but you see, other kids wouldn't throw fits of anger. I guess, there's always firsts, huh? Now, what did I pick up? A result, perhaps a cheat sheet or maybe even unfinished homework? Either way, you should really watch your things, big boy. You never know when I carry my thermos full of tea. Your poor books would have had a quick soak." Memphis placed a hand on his hip and gave Dmitri his paper. He could sense eyes on the two and turned on his foot, in one swift movement.

"Would you like to take my spot? I was just going to grab a book from the library, and I would be back. It would be nice to have company like yourself, Dmitri Jones." He took a short glance at him and then gestured to his seat, covered by a book about Astronomy, the usual. He then took one last look at the shorter male and left the study room in long strides. His hair was tied back by a scrunchie he had from his sister; it was dark blue, with swirly designs.

His tea-stained eyes had been looking at Dmitri for a while, actually. In the Hufflepuff dorm, he was compared to him by the 'smart comeback' level. He didn't ask who Dmitri was then, for he knew he would meet him; the day came just today on his best day. His first impression wasn't quite judged correctly; the dude literally yelled out like his little brother would when he wouldn't get pudding for dessert. So, what really attracted Memphis to Dmitri?

sniff.

Dmitri resisted the extreme urge to roll his eyes as he snatched his paper none too gently away from the other boy's extended hand. It was actually just a roll of parchment, empty besides the Slytherin's name on the top-right corner--he was going to use it to redo his Defense Against the Dark Arts assignment, the homework that was graciously ruined by a first-year student who could not hold a cup of hot coffee to save their lives. The raven-haired boy clenched his teeth as the other boy talked about beverages ruining his books, reminding Dmitri of the incident he would rather forget. 

He did not even give the other boy the satisfaction of hearing a reply from him about his offer as the Slytherin turned his back and proceeded to lay his study materials on a distant table. Dmitri only perked up when he heard the boy utter his name. He strode back up to the other boy and pointed his index finger. "You. How do you know my name? Unless my perfect reputation precedes me, then, in that case, you should be honored." The raven-haired boy chuckled darkly. "And no, you can keep your place and I will keep mine. I like my studying companions more..." He looked the other boy up and down, "...civilized."

The Hufflepuff smirked. "Maybe, if you sit beside me, then I'll tell 'ya' ?" He acted stereotypically like his house; hands in front asking, scrunched up shoulders and a cute pout on his face, with a northern English accent like some muggleborn students. He then let go of his image and clicked his tongue, looking down at Dmitri. He pointed to his spot and leant his head to the right to indicate his question. He could see the slight irk in Dmitri's face, along with the character he was revealing.

He tended to judge, didn't he? Memphis scoffed and turned around once again. Where was he supposed to go? Ah, the library. Where he was supposed to look at some students and then get back with a book he needed for that one piece of D.A.D.A homework that he secretly dreaded. He was great at the subject, memorized things and all, but the spelling were a bit of a struggle to the student. He hasn't been known to be great at spellings, but rather learning of pictures and diagrams.

He wanted to question Dmitri about his attitude, and his tendency to be quick to judge, but decided to storm questions in his head instead and wait it out until some other classes to forget him. Maybe he'd come back next week to his thoughts, or when he bumps into him next time. Hopefully the guy doesn't burst out again.

sniff.

Dmitri clenched his fists to his sides, narrowly avoiding clocking the Hufflepuff boy right in the face as the other boy put on a goody-two-shoes air complete with the trademark i-can-do-no-wrong pose. Is he mocking me? Or is he just immensely dumb? The raven-haired boy's hands itched to just smack the boy and get it over and done with. But as a respectable Slytherin citizen, Dmitri was way above making a scene--the dramatic outburst a while ago notwithstanding. The Slytherin boy's hands crept up almost uncontrollably as the Hufflepuff let go of his act and clicked his tongue mockingly in Dmitri's direction. He was a hair's breadth away from slapping or strangling Memphis, whichever was slower and more painful.

"You know what? I am not even going to dignify that with a response," He said as the other boy asked him to sit with him along with a gesture with his head, "I am not also going to dignify that by asking for your name. Because ultimately, I find that I don't even care where you knew my name. All I really care about is that you know it, and you should remember it, because I will be the greatest student of our year and soon enough you'll be dying to have that name signed on your yearbook. So, thank you, and goodbye." With a harumph, Dmitri whirled around and started to gather his things, dead set on finding another place where he could study in peace and not have to deal with rude, mocking, Hufflepuffs, accidentally spilled coffee, or his horrible, hideous, horrifying rubber shoes.

He stopped. He smirked. He turned around to Dmitri, once again seeing those stupid rubber shoes. "Are you saying a petting zoo snake like you could be the greatest representative of a student, just because of some grades on his paper and his running mouth? Good luck, Jones. You'll need it. I intended to be nice, I really did. I went out of my way to lend you a seat, maybe even those D.A.D.A notes but no, little bitty spider, or should I say, snake, has decided to live up to his house and spit his venom all over me, the poor raccoon. Too bad that I'm twelve layers of trash above you, so it doesn't even reach." He wanted to roll his eyes a bit dramatically, he really did, but instead, he scrunched his shoulders and sent him a wink. He could finally leave to the library, but he'd doubt Dmitri would let him go that quick. Having enemies is healthy, he repeated in his head.

Herndon wasn't a name for weakness, even whilst in the wrong house. They are known for having an incomparable ratio of enemies to friends. Friends, they say, with a grain of salt. These people weren't also known for being ever friendly, and Memphis was taught of the same discipline that he just used on this little snake that wanted to jump at his cliff of achievements. Dmitri Jones was ambitious though, he tried to climb the cliff and Memphis appreciated that. He knew that Dmitri, as much as he brought annoyance to him, was clever; spiteful too and in combination was a deadly mixture facing a man with many potions.

sniff.