Study Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Mystique silence  Open   Closed 

When she saw the room empty, a sigh of relief escaped her mouth as she closed the door behind her which blocked out the other children's chatter. She was excited to be here, for being a half-blooded child, she was even surprised she was allowed here. Hearing stories from her grandmother when she was younger, she fancied finally coming here. Seeing empty chairs and sofas, her common room seemed nothing compared to here. She really hoped people wouldn't judge her for almost literally not being able to speak when nervous (which was all the time) she really wanted to make a lot of new friends.

Her kindergarten school seemed nothing compared to here. Besides there being magic, that school almost seemed like a dull building compared to the castle! She had really hoped to be put in the Gryfindor house, and since she didn't know much about Hufflepuff, it was almost like she couldn't even speak to herself for how nervous she was.

She sat in a chair as her curly hair bobbed as she walked. In her handbag she pulled out a cookie and began to eat it, and pulled out her coffee mug filled with tons of sugar. Sugar made she nerves calm, like certain drugs did. When she took a sip, she was feeling better already.
Last edited by John Johns on 1st July 2018, 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Inactive

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Isabella set down her books, getting ready for some boring hours of homework and study. Another girl sat there, a cookie in one hand, and dipping (heaps) of sugar into a coffee mug. She looked quiet and content, so Isabella left her and opened up the first homework task of many.
After a few minutes of DADA homework, which, despite her obvious stupidity, she found effortlessly easy, Isabella turned to her Potions homework. Ever since she had started at Hogwarts, Isabella had struggled at Potions. In classes, she would add whatever ingredients she liked, or use as much as a required one as she wanted. The results were almost always disastrous, and as Isabella looked at her homework assignment (Classifying Ingredients and their Uses), she knew she was done for.
She took another glance at her neighbor, still quietly sipping tea, and bit her lip nervously. This girl looked, not only intelligent but easy-going and nice. Isabella thought about it for a few seconds and walked over to a seat opposite to where the girl was sitting.
'Hi, my name's Isabella, but everyone calls me Bella. I'm having big problems with this Potions homework. It's like it's written in another language. Do you reckon you could help me?

She looked up at the girl by her and nodded with a polite and gentle smile. Verla put her bowtruckle on her books and walked over to her. "How can I help?" she asked aloud, but almost too soft to hear her own voice. She smiled gladly, hoping that she didn't seem too frightening. She sipped her coffee and sat next to her, looking at her textbook and homework answers. Her bowtruckle Oliver looked over at her, and began to look bored. She grabbed him and put him in her pouch in her cloak so he stayed out of trouble. He grumbled slightly in her pouch as she giggled "don't be bothered by him, he's friendly."

I think. She chuckled nervously as she examined the girl. She seemed nice and maybe open-minded.But all-in-all she seemed like the type of girl who would make a good friend "I'm Verla by the way." she said, and her voice cracked. Her anxiety was coming back, and it was hitting ten times harder. Oh boy. She thought to herself, Don't screw this up Verla, you're off to a good start. She took a deep breath and continued to smiled, and sipped her coffee more often. 

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

All of the rooms in the study room were full. It was just her luck, of course. Amadea had hardly had a moment to herself since she came to Hogwarts. The only free time she had was in the spare moments in her dorm, when she could read and do what she wished without fear of other people being around. She was doing a surprisingly good job of meeting new people, however. She tried to put a positive spin on this as she walked into a room where two girls were studying, though from what she could tell, it seemed as though they were chatting more than actually studying. Hopefully they'd understand that these were study rooms, not social rooms. Amadea cringed at her thoughts as she set down her books in the corner. She shouldn't be rude. It had just been a long day, and she had conversed with a lot of people. Spending too much time in crowds took her energy and made her grumpy. She knew this.

As she cracked open her History of Magic book, she finally glanced up at the two girls. They were still talking to each other but it seemed as though they had just met. Her conscience was telling her to talk to the two girls. What kind of person goes into a study room and doesn't talk at all? It would be rude, right? She realized that as she was thinking, she was still staring at the two girls who had stopped talking and were staring back at her. They must think I'm a creep, she thought. What better way to start off introductions? She laughed in her head at herself before making the introduction.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Amadea. First year Hufflepuff. Nice to meet the both of you. I hope I'm not intruding or anything. I was just looking for a relatively quiet place to study."

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

Verla looked at the new girl and smiled sweetly "hi, I'm Verla" she said wanting to almost bow. "You're not intruding, I'm just helping her out with some homework." she said and went back to sitting down in her chair had picked in the corner of the room. Her anxiety began to build. She knew that now she'd have nothing else to say, she she got out her piece of papers out, prepared to write any responses.

She forced Oliver back into her pocket, as he peeked his head out of the pouch and looked at the girl who made her introduction. They both hadn't even noticed she'd walked in until she said something, she was so focused on helping the other girl. Hopefully she could make friends with them. She was always willing to help out others, no thanks to Oliver. It was almost funny how her and her new companion, had acted like they'd known each other for years. She still had lots to learn of him yet, and he was probably hungry also. So she decided later on she would go into town and see if she could buy some dead bugs for him, or just let him go and hunt if he promised deeply to be back within the hour.

Isabella grinned at the bowtruckle as he began to (yet again) escape from the confinement of Verla's pocket. Verla was really kind, Isabella already knew that. She accepted Isabella's plea for help for her homework, and Isabella already liked the quiet, coffee-loving girl.
'I'm Isabella by the way, but you can call me Bella. That's what everyone does'
She looked at the girl who had just entered. She had long, red hair like Isabella, but it bounced into natural curls, and she had black glasses over green eyes. Like Verla, she also seemed really smart. And, so far, really, really kind too.
And just maybe she thought, one of them can help me with my homework.
'I'm really struggling with this Potion homework, I'm supposed to write down the twelve uses of dragon blood, but I don't even remember one of them. Do you?'
She pulled her Potions book closer to the two girls and showed them the page labeled 'Dragon Blood Through the Years'
'I'm 99% sure that the answer is supposed to be in here, but I can't find anything in here'
Isabella was struck with a sudden thought and turned back to Verla and Amadea.
'Sorry if I'm disturbing you, by the way. I guess I'm not the one for quiet places'

Isabella grinned at the bowtruckle as he began to (yet again) escape from the confinement of Verla's pocket. Verla was really kind, Isabella already knew that. She accepted Isabella's plea for help for her homework, and Isabella already liked the quiet, coffee-loving girl.
'I'm Isabella by the way, but you can call me Bella. That's what everyone does'
She looked at the girl who had just entered. She had long, red hair like Isabella, but it bounced into natural curls, and she had black glasses over green eyes. Like Verla, she also seemed really smart. And, so far, really, really kind too.
And just maybe she thought, one of them can help me with my homework.
'I'm really struggling with this Potion homework, I'm supposed to write down the twelve uses of dragon blood, but I don't even remember one of them. Do you?'
She pulled her Potions book closer to the two girls and showed them the page labeled 'Dragon Blood Through the Years'
'I'm 99% sure that the answer is supposed to be in here, but I can't find anything in here'
Isabella was struck with a sudden thought and turned back to Verla and Amadea.
'Sorry if I'm disturbing you, by the way. I guess I'm not the one for quiet places'

Verla struggled to keep Oliver in her pocket and bit her lip as if she were about to cry and plea for forgiveness that she couldn't help. "I can't say I had that question on mine, maybe you have a different lesson, I'm afraid I can't help you. But if your 99% sure that that is the answer, then I would go with it, you have a 50-50 chance with it if you're 99% sure" she giggled softly and nervously, trying not to show she wanted to cry and did a good job of hiding it, but she was close enough to still have noticed. She was confused by her question since her lesson hadn't had any of those questions on her homework. She smiled politely at the other comment she'd made "and it's alright to ask for help, even if it may sound rude, I don't mind the company honestly, although I was nervous of making friends in the first place" she said out loud, half surprised she said so much that fast. She giggled in her head because she was afraid she'd said it too fast. Oliver kept trying to escape, so she put the naughty bowtruckle in her hood, he couldn't leave there without her noticing. She giggled to herself again.

knowing that she needed to finish her homework before it was due , which she almost never did at her old school , Lilith de Rose walked into the study room and sat down with her work. there were a few other students in the room but not really knowing them she decided to stay quiet and see what they were doing. starting an essay that was due in a few days on the properties of dragon blood got her quite distracted till she saw the bowtruckle with another girl in the corner. she looked down in her school bag and saw her own little pet staring back up at her motioning to be picked up but she knew now wasn't the time to let someone random see her secret pet (a Puffskein) that she had found on the edge of the forbidden forest. the creature had never made a sound of any sort since she had found him. his name was Grif , from what she knew about the creature it must have been very lost because the forest was not a very hospitable place for such a small friendly creature to live in. she had even found that he tended to eat her homework and books if she didn't spray them with minty perfume. he was quite an odd little creature to say the least.

Trying her best to not disrupt anyone's work she picked up her school bag and reaching inside petted Grif . she tore off the edge of a small scrap parchment and gave it to him so that he wouldn't get to rowdy . she smiled down at him not noticing someone watching her.

-Lilith Mary de Rose

Amadea smiled at both of the girls. They seemed like quite nice people. Maybe she could become their friend. Amadea saw something small trying to poke its way out of Verla's pocket after she finished making her introduction. She was about to ask about it, but then Isabella asked a question about the Potions homework. Amadea wasn't about to ignore the girl's request, so she turned and opened her potions book.

"Don't worry," she said. "I was looking for a quiet place to study...but maybe this is better. We can all help each other with things. I'll see if I can help you look for the answer, I actually have to do that potions homework as well!" Hopefully she hadn't come across too strong. Amadea wasn't a great judge of body language, so she couldn't tell what either of the two girls were thinking. Before anyone could answer her, another girl walked into the study room, making it even more crowded. At first Amadea was struck with a pang of annoyance, but she quickly dialed it down, remembering how she felt when she had first walked into the room. She was a terrible Hufflepuff, she thought to herself, not friendly at all. She smiled at the girl who had settled down in the corner, taking out her books just as Amadea had done herself a few minutes before.

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

Verla was now too nervous, another girl had entered and she felt her stomach twist. This was a terrible place to be alone, but it's better than the hallway she said to herself. She saw her reach into her bag and move her hand as if she were petting something. It was none of her business to ask what she was doing. Verla felt like screaming, but she bit her tongue and took Oliver out, when she was nervous, he was nervous, and they both did what they could silently to try and calm each other down. So Verla hugged him, and she began to feel better as her twinge of annoyance disappear. 

Verla took in deep breaths and decided to redo her homework, in case she were missing somethings. She hummed in one of the lullabies her mother sang to her as a girl. Then she quietly began singing it out loud, in it's language too, which was different from any of the others. It wasn't common at Hogwarts not to hear a different language, but this one was one from a long time ago. Verla wished her friends were with her, but she could take this opportunity to make new ones.

Lilith heard Verla start singing and recognized some of the words. she didn't know what language it was in but she sang along with verla on the parts she could understand and knew that she was worth trusting. grabbing a few ribbons Lilith started to do her hair like verla's hair . she grabbed Grif from her bag and snuck up behind verla . "hiiiiiii! lol I'm Lilith " she laughed as the girls in front of her turned to look at her and Grif who was still munching on parchment. she sat Grif down on the table and let him move around. " might wanna move any books and parchment , he loves to eat anything of that sort. honestly I don't know anything he won't eat other than mint." she pulled up a chair and sat down watching Grif sniff everyone's hands to see who they were. he finally took a nap on the table after getting to know everyone including Oliver. it had taken Grif a few minutes to realize that Oliver was not the same as the books and parchment that he liked to eat. after realizing this Grif rubbed against the bowtruckles leg in apology and left him alone. Lilith smiled at the girls not sure what they were thinking.

-Lilith Mary de Rose

She seemed a bit surprised by the girl and her pet. Though he seemed to be getting well with Oliver. Oliver loved teasing him in a playful way. Verla wrote her name on a piece of paper and showed it to Lilith. Then blushed away since they knew she could talk. Verla hid her books and such away from her pet Grif. Just as she had said. Verla giggled and offered him a cookie, she watched him sniff it, then take a small bit off, then almost eat her entire hand. 

Grif was cute, and looked like a cute companion. When Oliver stood in front of him he said his first actual word "hewwo" he smiled.

"Good job Ollie!" Verla exclaimed. "Oh, I'm so proud of you my little boy." And she was. Oliver danced around as he was rewarded a cookie. He loved being center of attention. But now Verla wanted to teach him more words. So she picked him up and gave him another little book to begin studying. He seemed to love this. She was glad to be his little tutor. It made her feel like she was more than just a student. It made her feel smart.

Reading the note she smiled and introduced herself "Hi Verla I'm so glad to meet you , my full name is Lilith Mary de Rose , I moved to England from Ireland. Quite frankly I love the song you were singing it's beautiful ! Also I love how you treat Oliver like your own child , you two are so wonderful ." She smiled giving grif and oliver a few pieces of candy and some water to drink. " also I don't know if anyone else would be interested but I really think we should start a club of some sort , it would be fun!" Lilith went of on a whole rant about life and clubs becoming totally zoned out for a while until grif tried to eat the book she was holding. she giggled and gave him more food . "oh gosh I've been talking for a while , does anyone else wanna talk bout something?" she waited for a reply while she tickled grif and oliver who protested rolling around on the table swatting at her hand . eventually oliver shouted for her to stop so she backed off and smiled "you two are very ticklish and its way too cute" she took out her wand and turned grif bright pink.

-Lilith Mary de Rose

Verla giggled as Lilith played with Ollie and Grif. This girl was definitely one filled with energy. Ollie was adorable, and she though making a club would be fun, so she nodded when Lilith asked. Ollie retreated away from her since he was slightly annoyed. 

Verla began to study Grif, then poof! He was bright pink. His face began to blush with anger, as if to say I'm pink! They were cute together and looked like they'd made an alliance. She remembered Lilith saying she was glad Verla treated Olive like her own child. In some ways, it could be true. Not really but she acted like his mother. And he was her mischief troublemaker. When he became bored, he snuck out and tied Lilith's shoe laces together. And Verla yelled at him, he apologized with his pride hurt, and stomped off into Verla's pouch. "Sorry about him" she said and fixed Lilith's shoes.

He was in deep trouble once they got back to the dorm. She began to yawn but covered her mouth so she didn't seem rude. What should we call our club? Verla asked. She began to think, but she failed at her attempts to guess even a name.

Back