Study Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Study Team  PV Levi,Rosie,Anatole,Marissa   closed 

The Gryffindor boy was in the study room, his head resting on the table while his right hand held the quill currently in his possession. On the table was also books, placed so randomly you'd think there could of been an explosion that made them go there, it wasn't really organised. Evan sighed, he didn't want to, but studying was not optional. He'd have to do some work if he wanted any chance at the end of year exams, which were miles off, but he was a slow learner, so it may just help to start that bit earlier, he hoped. "I hate studying..." He moaned, sadly, but he knew he'd have to continue. As his quill wrote on the parchment with the support of his hand and brain, he thought about what he was yet to do. He believed he had covered Charms and Transfiguration, and was currently on Defense Against the Dark Arts, so he'd do Herbology next.

That seemed fair, and he nodded to himself. With his new found motivation, his writing sped up by a few milliseconds, becoming less neater in the process, but not incorrect. It worked, he supposed, so he may as well continue. It was good enough, but he wished he had people to talk to. Studying was more effective in silence, but it was SO boring. He couldn't tolerate it, but he had to. With his motivation gone, he just... continued.
Last edited by John Johns on 2nd July 2018, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Inactive

EvanPark

A small girl came skipping into the Study Room, and it was no one other than bubbly Hufflepuff girl Rosie Parker, books held to her chest. She hopped into a chair across from her sorta-friend, Evan. She smiled at him and opened her books, grabbing her notebook. She had to get her research in! She hummed as she opened a book about Astronomy. Did she know anything about it? No. But it was fine! Might as well be prepared before hand. She underlined some lines in her book for future reference, then copied them onto her notebook.

Her handwriting was small, and smooth. Fortunately, it was readable to her. Rosie wrote nice little labels next to her notes, might as well annotate! She got distracted with her thoughts, forgetting about even wanting to have more people in the study hall to join her. Evan was there, but they weren't the best of friends yet. Rosie was hopeful that would change though. She turned to the next page and repeated her process. Skim, annotate, write. Skim, annotate, write. It was a studying skilled she learned from her mom, who was, how she described it, "an intellectual legend". Rosie laughed everytime she said it, because her dad didn't believe her.

Levi poked his head into the study room, eyeing the scenery suspiciously with his meticulous gaze. You never know what you're walking in to, so as a rule of thumb, it is wise to orient before taking any action. This might have been his mindset, which he learned from his mother, or simply, he was just a bit timid. But there was nothing off about this location; just a place where students from all around the school come to read. And write. And...there are tutors here? Oh, this was a study room, alright.

It was a bit odd that he had came here in the first place, seeing how he has not fully attended a Hogwarts class yet, but Levi was merely familiarizing himself with the ancient castle, and was trying to memorize the numerous paths, corridors, rooms, and so forth, of the grand infrastructure. In fact, he even had a makeshift crinkled map in his left hand, scribbled with lines and shapes that otherwise made up half of the current floor he was in.

Just then, he spotted another boy roughly his age, cramming away with scattered books all around him. Honestly, it takes little energy to stack the books, and as a whole, be organized. At least place them side-by-side and close the ones that are not in use! With a sigh, Levi sauntered over to Evan and tapped his shoulder several times. "Hey. Hey. Excuse me. Is this mess all yours?" Levi referred to the strewn textbooks.
Last edited by Levi Blount on 31st March 2018, 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

~ Levi Arthur Blount

He continued to study, annoyed because nobody decided to be his friend and come and study with him, but thankfully Rosie decided to come and prove him wrong. "Hiya." He responded to the smile, a faint grin coating his face slowly. It still distracted him that his Transfiguration was till absolutely awful, but didn't let that distract him from improving on working on everything else. He realized Rosie was here, and decided that help would be useful, especially when people who could help were around, but he was cut short when he saw a new boy enter the study, coming to his books. When he asked his question, he decided he'd reply honestly.

"Yeah, the mess is all mine. Messy, but I didn't know anyone would come to study. Sorry. I'll move it now!" He forced an embarrassed sort of smile as he frantically tried to organize his belongings, it'd suck if he made a bad impression to the boy just because of this mess that he had in fact caused... embarrassing, once more.

The organizing was rushed and when he made it neater, it could've easily improved, not a lot of effort had gone into fixing the arrangements. "I'm Evan." He greeted the boy, after finishing with his hopeless, yet still fixable, which contrasted possibilities, books. "What're you called?" He asked, it made cringe slightly as he said it. It seemed so stereotypical to greet like this.

EvanPark

The Ravenclaw student's eyes flickered over to Evan's pitiful attempt at cleaning up the mess, and sighed. He set down his map at the table and began stacking the books in alphabetical order, just because it always made things easier for himself when he studied in muggle school. Unused quills were placed to the side, and uncapped ink vials were sealed. Cleanliness is next to godliness, as Morgana always said when giving Levi tips on organization. After he had finished leaving the work-space looking miles better than from when he first came, he addressed Evan's question.

"I get called many things. But if we're gonna be friends, you need to call me Levi, and Levi only." Levi stated simply, though the tone of his voice gave away that he was being deadly serious. "What house is that one, again?" He asks, taking note of the color of Evan's tie. "And, before you ask me the same question, I'm a Ravenclaw." He pointed to his own tie with an index finger. Blue and bronze.

Without permission, he sits down at the table, and grabs one of the textbooks from the stack. It was about potions, something he was somewhat familiar with, thanks to his mother. "Potioneering, eh? What are those classes like? I haven't attended one, but I'm excited to. I'd love to make a...nose enlarging potion one day. That'd be super funny." Yet there wasn't a trace of happiness in his tone nor facial expression.

~ Levi Arthur Blount

Evan watched Levi for a few moments, "Alright Levi, nice to meet ya!" He opened his hand to shake Levi's. "Yeah..." He stared at Levi's tie, Ravenclaw, and then looked down at his own. "Gryffindor. Went for the Quidditch team, think I got it. Not sure." He watched as the boy went over for a potions book and when he spoke about such positives, he was confused on why a smile was not covering his face - if Evan was talking about a subject he liked and was interested in taking part in, he'd probably say it with a smile, but it WAS Levi's choice, he supposed. Not his own. "Yeah.. Potions is a good one. Kinda like cooking, except you shouldn't eat it and it's brewing." He realized there were more differences from cooking than similarities. Damn.

He went over, as if to look at Levi's book. "That looks like a fun read, I guess." He was only trying to reassure the boy, not showing signs of liking it. Unfortunately, that become obvious when he realized it was really a textbook, not a reading book - oops. Hopefully Levi wouldn't pick up on his stupid mistake, but he didn't feel too sure. For a few moments, he went over for his own books and went back to where he was studying, continuing. "What are you studying?" He asked, after a slight pause, he really got into it for a while.

EvanPark

Anatole ran in swiftly after Rosie, still exuberant from their dance together. He had just saw her hair and wanted to join his only friend wherever she went. Occasionally, he felt lonely, so it helped to know where she was. "Rosie!" Anatole called, anxious to find her and her peppy personality.

He opened the same door to where she went, seeing students huddled over books and notes, hand writing down more tabs on things they had to learn. The room was mostly silent, except some faint echoes of slightly familiar voices in the back.

He took a breath, hoping the studying students didn't hear him shout for Rosie earlier as he snaked through the tables. When he saw her, accompanied by two other boys, Anatole's eyes lit up as he slid, taking one of the last seats in the room. "Oh, hey," he remarked, first waving at Rosie, then to the familiar Gryffindor from that one greenhouse conversation. He didn't know the other one. "Sorry to, um... invade, should I say." Anatole apologized again. Yay. Hopefully he wouldn't get scolded. However, one important note hit him like a fast-moving freight train:

He was one of the only people in the Study Room without something to study.

How I'd die to catch the freedom of falling...
The Lord of Advanced Summoning, Anatole Evans
STA:14 AGI:7 STR:4 CTRL:5

Clary hummed quietly to herself as she carried her satchel bag and a few textbooks with her across the corridor. It'd been a rather uneventful day, with classes taking up most of her time, and now, more than ever, she needed to continue with her studies. Although the library was a perfectly viable option for a place to curl up and rest, she knew there was always the risk of whispering students and the stern librarian to interrupt her studies. Plus, last time she'd visited the library hadn't exactly been too productive once she'd gotten herself separated from Rosie!

Around the corner to the left, there was a Study Room conveniently available for any students who needed a place to sit down and get their work done. Although there was usually others present, as long as one was careful to focus, it was usually pretty easy to get work done. She'd first tested out the space back during her first week, or so, at Hogwarts, where she'd managed to meet the strange character that was Kaegan and embarked on a curious adventure. Later on, she'd also met a few familiar culprits of the same event, hanging out with them for some time before the conversation got awkward as they all began to discuss blood status.

Deciding not to reminisce on the past, Clary reached the end of the hallway, took a left around the corner, and arrived at the room, pushing the door open with one hand, while she cradled the rest of her books in the other arm. The area was relatively empty, aside from a few students who were clustered over at a nearby table, which she soon came to realize were Rosie, Anatole, Evan, and another boy she didn't recognize at all. Based on his outfit, he appeared to be a Ravenclaw, but any memory of him hanging around the common room drew up a blank.

"Marco," Clary called across the room with a faint smirk, walking over to join the other students at the table. The whole surface was strewn across with an assortment of textbooks belonging to the three other students, but she still managed to find enough room to place down her single copy of Magical Drafts and Potions. Once settled in, she nodding her head in greeting to Anatole, Evan, and of course, Rosie, before twisting around in her chair to face Levi. "Claryssa North, nice to meet you. Also a member of Ravenclaw, so I guess I'll be seeing you around some time."

Claryssa North, Ravenclaw First Year ~ memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1506

"Mhm. Potioneering is really intriguing. Mom says it's like an exact science, almost. Stirring one thing in the wrong direction, or even having the fire burning just a bit below the target temperature could be disastrous." Levi closed the book, but as he did so, he caught a slight glimpse of the Amortentia brew. Interesting, indeed, but for another time. He hadn't even the basic training required for creating the easiest of potions, so that tricky love concoction would have to wait. He placed the book back on its stack. "Quidditch, you say? Isn't that sport highly dangerous?" He knit his eyebrows. That's one sport he does not want to be apart of. Not that there are many he does want to be a part of, anyway. But still, he felt the need to broaden his knowledge on Quidditch, so he grabbed a textbook from the stack about the sport and flipped to the glossary.

Levi glanced at Anatole, another Gryffindor. "You're fine. There was nothing to interrupt in the first place." He eyed the horrid penmanship on Evan's notes, the countless wrinkles, creases, and ink blotches on his parchment, the ruffled quill he held...so many imperfections that needed fixing.

"When and how can I start my first classes?" He asked anyone in the vicinity. "Being cooped up in Ravenclaw tower gets too boring sometim-- oh, nice to meet you too, Claryssa." He greeted the girl.

~ Levi Arthur Blount

"Potions.. kinda like science yeah. One of my favorite subjects, Charms is THE best for me, though. Potions would be a close third, I suppose." He shrugged his shoulders, listening as he mentioned Quidditch. "Quidditch. Dangerous? That's true... but who thinks of it as dangerous in reality?" He was only a first year, and when he first learnt about the sport he was absolutely terrified of the sport, what if he fell off the broom? That would not be a fun experience. "Yeah... classes? Oh.. the next one isn't on for a good while, I think. That's why I'm down here to study." He fiddled with the quill he held, as if to prove his point. "Studying isn't fun, but for slow learners like me, you don't want to procrastinate until the last minute, you'll fail, or I will, at least."

He began to quickly write down onto his parchment, "Notes... I'm not having too much fun on Defense Against the Dark Arts, but a few more pages and I'll be set for Herbology I hope." He continued to write, reading from his textbook every few moments, he wasn't in the mood of slacking, and wanted the job done as soon as possible. Every few minutes, he would turn the page and began to write down the necessary notes he had found on that page after a few minutes worth of reading from it, that was how he did things.

EvanPark

Rosie looked up from her books and smiled at Evan again. “Hey-“ She turned towards the door and grinned wider because of two things: one, Anatole had joined them, and two, a new boy had walked into their room. Rosie grinned and waved. “Hi guys!” She greeted, sitting up in her seat. Rosie shut her book and stood up, making her way to the unfamiliar boy. “Hi, I’m Rosie! Nice to meet you, what’s your name?” She asked, shifting on her feet a bit. Rosie’s notes were already quite filled in, since she had spaced out since starting and gotten lost in the world in the almighty world of wizard knowledge! Regardless, she smiled at everyone who decided to walk in, her hands back in her pockets.

Rosie gasped when she heard a familiar voice say ‘Marco!’. Clary. She turned to the door and grinned. “Polo!” Rosie called back, and then turned her attention back onto the boy. Her first mission was to find out who this kid was so they could be friends, since Rosie didn’t want friends for her, but for a group to sprout so none of them felt alone in this big castle.

Rosie’s hyper personality wasn’t hidden, that was for sure. She got excited from the possibility of friendship development and meeting new and different people. It was just her thing.

Evan continued to study, that's why he had been here for so long. Herbology studying had recently begun following to completion of his DADA textbooks, but Herbology would take a while. He had more books for Herbology than any other subject, but that didn't stop him from getting distracted. "Hey." He smiled at Rosie for a moment before staring for another few, but he HAD to study. But, did he...? He was the one who told himself to, he could be the one to tell himself not to. Either he could socialize, in a study room, yes, that was his risk taking self, or study more after a good three hours with few breaks. Of course, he chose the socialization route. He didn't know anyone who would choose the studying path. With a faint smirk, he stood up, looking around at the others in the area.

"How's it been going?" He asked, he didn't want to say 'what's up,' as people would say 'the ceiling'. It was boring, they knew what he was asking but they chose to be annoying and twist the question and take it too literal. Anyways, he looked around him for a moment, and noticed how quiet and small the room was compared to others in the school. Quite a difference, he thought. He shrugged his shoulders, would you expect much more from a room that was made to occupy people that wanted to study? Depends which kind of person you are, but Evan wouldn't. Maybe he would, but probably not. Considering the question made his opinions change by the second, however.

EvanPark

Clary chuckled softly at Rosie's flamboyant personality, hearing the familiar chime of Polo called back to her as she joined the other students alongside the table. She still had no idea what the Ravenclaw boy's name was, but she figured all would reveal itself eventually, and now wasn't the time to pry on the subject. Hearing the boy and Evan's conversation, she perked up, hearing the mentioning of Quidditch. "You tried out for Quidditch too? How did it go? Did you successfully get on the team?" She rapid-fired a few questions, adding, "Was there a specific role you wanted to try out for or did you just wanna be on the team?"

Clary halted her questions once she saw the overwhelmed expression on Evan's face, feeling her cheeks warm with embarrassment. She usually didn't ramble on so quickly about a subject- okay, that was a complete lie- but no matter the case, Quidditch was one of her main weaknesses and always something she took great pride and interest in. That and the newspaper, but strangely enough, most eleven-year-old kids didn't really find a lot of fun in discussing writing techniques for articles. It just took a different kind of person, she guessed.

Assuming Evan was speaking to Rosie, Clary turned over to the red-headed boy, tilting her head in his direction curiously. "I haven't really seen you around before. Do you have a name, or should I call you, 'Random Ravenclaw Boy I've Never Met Before'?"

Rosie perked up at the topic of Quidditch, a grin forming. She had tried out recently, she wasn't sure if she had gotten in, she hoped she did. She bounced from to foot and ended up hopping onto a table, crossing her legs and facing her group of new friends. "I'm hoping to get Seeker, it seems like the most useful position and I wanna help." She explained, shrugging. Rosie blew some hair out of her face and noticed the room was filling up with people. Cool! New people. Now everyone can meet. The thought brought a hopeful smile to her face. Would these be the group of friends she'd stick with for a few more years? Maybe more?

She laughed at Clary's comment to the boy's name. "That's far too long, Clary! You gotta make it short and sweet. Or mysterious since we don't know his name yet." She spoke like it was obvious, but she was obviously joking, smirking and rolling her eyes. "You gotta get with it, North! The name's exhausting to say. It should be like, 'Mysterious Raven Boy, or for short, MRB." Rosie crossed her arms and put on a playful smirk like she had just cracked a hard case.

Clary smiled mischeviously over at Rosie as she saw the girl's face light up at the mention of the word "Quidditch". After their numerous adventures in the corridor, Hospital Wing, and Library, Clary had successfully versed Rosie in the ways of Quidditch and also managed to convince the Hufflepuff girl to try out for the team! "Seeker's a good position, but it's a lot of pressure. I'm sure you'd do wonderfully, though," she assured Rosie with a quick grin. "I mean, knowing you, you may perhaps fall off your broom a few times in the process, but at least you'll be original! Maybe if you're lucky you'll run right into the snitch." Clary giggled, not putting it past Rosie for that exact situation to take place. She silently feared for her friend's list if the Hufflepuff chose to play Quidditch, though perhaps, once she had taken to the air on a broom, she'd lose her clumsy ways and soar to new heights in terms of greatness!

Or, maybe she'd fall off, but that would be determined at a later date. Clary was still anxious herself with the Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw match coming up on April 2nd. She'd finally learned her position, which would be Chaser on Team 1. She wasn't really sure if Team 1 was the sub-team or not, but either way, she was proud and eager to participate in any manner. Clary suppressed the urge to laugh as Rosie judged her naming skills, declaring that the red-head should be named Mysterious Raven Boy, or MRB for short, instead of the long tongue twister she'd managed to come up with. "Hm, I like the ring of that... MRB." She paused for a moment, contemplating the way the three letters sounded on the tip of her tongue, then nodded her head in approval.

Back