Caretaker's Office

Register
Sign in
  Back

Silently Hiding  Closed 

Suzy had to find a way to hide from the bullies that were chasing her and now getting closer. She ran as fast as she could through the many corridors of Hogwarts. She pushed past crowds of people. She was not going to give up just yet! Her legs were burning and her breath was shortening. She was looking for any possible place to hide from them so that she could finally rest and think of a getaway plan. She didn't actually think that the spell would work. She was practicing one of her spells down by the great lake when her spell actually worked and it hit one of the other students that were sitting in a big group across the lake. Big mistake! and she definitely knew that now. She glanced from left to right to try and find a corner somewhere to hide in and lay low for a while. Just when she was giving up hope she spotted the caretaker's office up ahead, and to her luck, he was just walking out.

She slightly quickened her speed and made a dash towards the door. She flew through the door and before closing it again, she peered around the corner to find her chasers coming her way. She slammed the door closed and collapsed onto the cold, wooden floor beneath her. Finally safe! she thought.

God said there shall be pugs

Silently Hiding  Closed 

Mia walked down the hallway, heading towards her dorms in the basement. The hallway was very crowded, and students flooded it, making it almost impossible for Mia to walk without touvhing others accidentally, something she liked to avoid at all costs. Suddenly a Ravenclaw girl with glasses and brown hair rain past her, smacking her with her robes as she flew by. The girl dashed into the caretakers office and then peaked out, just as some Gryffindors ran past, furious. Maybe this is worth looking into Mia thought. She quickened her pace and reached the door, only to be knocked down by some first year Gryffindors, walking past chatting. Mia quickly collected her fallen items, 2 textbooks and a her wand. She adjusted her hair and stood up. Ok second try she thought. She opened the door to find a dimly lit room. She could see only a desk, a filing cabinet and some kind of wooden structure, but no girl. Mia whipped her wand out and muttered "Lumos". A great deal of light shone in the room and Mia turned around to see a girl, about her age, next to the door. She was really tall for 11, and would have towered above her if she was standing. To be fair, Mia was really short.

"Hello. I'm Mia. A Slytherin. What are you doing in here?"

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

Silently Hiding  Closed 

Cameron was walking the halls when he noticed a girl run pass him nearly bumping into him. "Hey, watch it!" He called out then he looked forward again and heard other students that were shouting her name wondering where she went. Those voices sounded familiar and he had a bad feeling in his gut about it. Not wanting to get into any trouble he continued to walk where he was going. Wondering where the girl was headed off too. He thought maybe she was late to class, Cameron had many days like that where he was running late. Mostly from waking up on the wrong side of the bed. He shrugged as he continued towards the grand staircase to his next lesson. His school bag couldn't get any heaver and his shoulder ached after a long day of going to and from his classes. If only his parents would understand the homework demands that were placed upon him. He wondered if Muggle school was going to be any different. If it was, then why was wizarding school much more harder for the average student. He was sure that the higher years had more homework than he did. He rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. 

Cameron Harper

Silently Hiding  Closed 

"Hello ... Whats going in here?"

A girl said, holding her wand in an upwards position, using it to cast light across the room. Mia responded with a light of her own.

"You think I know? This girl"-she gestured at the Ravenclaw collapsed on the wooden floor-I found her here, collapsed just like this. I was trying to help!"

Mia walked around to the other girl..a Gryffindor that looked too old to be 11..but maybe she was.

"There were some Gryffindor's chasing her, I don't know what happened. She may have beat them at something and they got mad."

Mia laughed, and then remembered that she was in the presence of a Gryffindor.

"Not that all Gryffindor's are stupid. I'm not implying that. I'm just saying that Ravenclaws are really smart."

She glanced at the girl, worried that she offended her. She hoped not. The girl did not seem mad or threatend though, so maybe it was ok to joke like that. She really hoped it was.

"If you're here you might as well help. Could you go get some help for her? Go to the Hospital Wing if you could. She's on the floor and she looks like she's about to pass out."

Silently Hiding  Closed 

"You think I know? This girl"
The Slytherin gestured at the Ravenclaw collapsed on the wooden floor.

"I found her here, collapsed just like this. I was trying to help!"
"There were some Gryffindor's chasing her, I don't know what happened. She may have beat them at something and they got mad."
The Slytherin laughed as she said this. This kind of annoyed Makena.

"Not that all Gryffindor's are stupid. I'm not implying that. I'm just saying that Ravenclaws are really smart."
"Well its good your not categorising all Gryffindor's the same." Said Makena with a slight smile.

"If you're here you might as well help. Could you go get some help for her? Go to the Hospital Wing if you could. She's on the floor and she looks like she's about to pass out."
"Yeah good idea but you should go I might know the Gryffidors that were chasing her and I could find out why since they probably would of went back to the common room." As Makena said this she moved towards the Ravenclaw girl and crouched in front of her trying not to startle her. Makena looked up at the Slytherin girl with a concerned look on her face, she was really worried about this girl and she hoped she was okay. "Lumos Maxima" Makena whispered shooting light into the room so she didn't have o keep holding onto her wand.

Makena D

Silently Hiding  Closed 

"Yeah good idea but you should go I might know the Gryffindors that were chasing her and I could find out why since they probably would of went back to the common room."

As the girl said this she moved towards the Ravenclaw girl. She crouched infront of her and looked back up at Mia.

"Lumos Maxima"

The girl whispered shooting light into the room.

"Good idea"-Mia brushed her hair out of her face and fixed her tie-"But I think our first priority is her. Besides, she might know who they were after she regains her composure"

Mia gestured at the half-collapsed girl. She leaned down and spoke to her.

"What's your name? How are you? What's happening?"

Mia looked back at the girl.

"My name is Mia Alexander by the way. I'll be right back with someone who can help, though I don't really know what's happening, and if we are supposed to be in here anyway. Do you want to take her out the the corridor? There we would be in the right."

Mia propped the door open using a book she found on the floor. She grabbed the Ravenclaws shoulders.

"Are you going to help me, or not?"

Silently Hiding  Closed 

"Good idea"
The girl said as she brushed her hair out of her face and fixed her tie.
"But I think our first priority is her. Besides, she might know who they were after she regains her composure"
The Slytherin gestured at the half-collapsed girl. She leaned down and spoke to her.
"What's your name? How are you? What's happening?"
The slytherin then looked back up at Makena.
"My name is Mia Alexander by the way. I'll be right back with someone who can help, though I don't really know what's happening, and if we are supposed to be in here anyway. Do you want to take her out the the corridor? There we would be in the right."
"Nice to meet you Mia my name is Makena Degray. Yeah I don't think we are aloud in the caretakers office so we should take her outside." Mia propped the door open using a book she found on the floor. She then grabbed the Ravenclaws shoulders.
"Are you going to help me, or not?"
"Yes I'm helping now." Makena helped Mia take the girl outside of the caretakers office so they wouldn't get in trouble. Makena then crouched down beside the Ravenclaw and waited for Mia to get help.

Makena D

Silently Hiding  Closed 

Kathleen hurried along the corridor. She would be late for Defence Against The Dark Arts! Why, oh why, had that stupid staircase suddenly swung around? Now she had to find her way through the castle alone, and, only had been being Sorted today, she had no idea where to go.
In this moment, a figure pushed a suit of armour right at her. She jumped out of the way with an audible gasp, realising she had been tricked by the poltergeist. What was his name? Paul? Patrick? Peeves, yes, she had known it was some name with a "p". "Get off!", she cried. "I have to get to my lesson!" Kathleen made up her mind to visit the caretaker's office and seek help. Surely he would be able to tell her the way. But as she opened the heavy door, she didn't find the sunken face of the caretaker leering at her. Instead, a small group of students stood over a young girl. With a pang of horror, she identified her as a girl from her own house, even from her dormitory! "What have you done to her?" The words came out in a sort of strangled cry. "What have you done?" She ran at the girl, fell down beside her and stroked her hair affectionately. The look which she gave the other students was anything but affectionate. "God, what did you do? What happened?" A tear leaked out of her eye. She thought Hogwarts was wonderful! And now this? It did not occur to her that the students maybe had not done anything. All she knew was fear. What was she supposed to do?

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Silently Hiding  Closed 

"What have you done? God, what did you do? What happened?"

A girl-Ravenclaw-rushed in and started stroking the girl on the floor. Mia sighed.I do not have time for this! Mia thought. But maybe she could use this to her advantage. Mia smiled.

"Ok. My name is Mia and this is Makena. This"-she motioned to the girl on the floor-"Is a bit of a problem. Makena and I are going to drag her out of this excuse for an office"-Mia rolled her eyes-"And you are going to find the school nurse."

Mia grabbed the girls shoulders and shifted her arms so that they were in her armpits.

"We are on the 6th floor. The school nurse is probably in the hospital wing, on the third floor."

Mia motioned to a map of Hogwarts on the side of the room, shifting her wand that was illuminating it to get a better view. She shifted her focus back to the autumn-red haired girl and finally said something in not a remotely sarcastic tone.

"Can I trust you to help us?"

Mia shifted her gaze back to the Gryffindor and with her pulled the girl outside of the small caretakers office in which they had first found her.

Silently Hiding  Closed 

Kathleen felt annoyed. What was this girl doing, bossing her around, telling her what to do? But even though she didn't want to obey her, she felt that exactly this had to be done: she should just give up her pride and try to help the girl on the floor. She hesitated. Kathleen didn't even know what had happened to her! What if that bossy Slytherin girl was somehow responsible for it? Of course I know she is not responsible, but my character doesn't: RP.
She didn't want to leave the fellow Ravenclaw alone with those two girls. "I want to know what happened to her!", said Kathleen. The Gryffindor girl smiled kindly, but the Slytherin didn't. "Why are you still here? Go on, you wanted to help her, didn't you? Can I trust you?" Before Kathleen could utter an answer, the girl turned her back on her and started dragging the unconscious girl out of the room. She moaned slighty. Kathleen turned on her heel, ran towards the stairs and headed straight for the sixth floor. She made up her mind to find the school nurse as quick as possible.

Silently Hiding  Closed 

Reducio
Sorry if I godmodded a bit here, I saw that you already agreed to help me so...yeah. Sorry Makena

Mia called after the Ravenclaw.

"We found her here! Tell the nurse that!"

Mia and Makena hoisted the girl up and continued moving her. When they reached a safe spot-right on the bottom of the steps, Mia made the girl comfortable, and then let go.

"That..phew..was..so...hard!"

Mia breathed heavily, and waited for the other girl-Makena-to speak. She didn't. Mia continued.

"I hope that girl-the Ravenclaw-comes back with the nurse soon. What do you think that this girl did? What do you think those boys"-She rolled her eyes-"The ones that were chasing her did?"

Mia thought back to the girl's expression...almost annoyed. She did have that tendancy,-pissing people off-but she knew that the girl would try to help, even a little bit. Students at Hogwarts stuck together, and even though the girl didn't like it, or looked like she didn't like it, Mia was there to attempt to help. Though she could of been nicer. Whatever Mia thought, getting her wand out of her robes. I don't really care what people think, as long as I am doing the right thing. Mia took of the collapsed girls sock.

"Aguamenti!"

Mia said this clearly, holding the sock in one hand. The next moment it was dripping in cold water. Mia placed the sock on the girls head and prayed that the other girl would be back soon.

Silently Hiding  Closed 

Kathleen arrived on the eighth floor panting. Damn stairs! They changed direction all the time! She collapsed against a wall. A prefect walked past her. “Hey – hey, you! Where’s the hospital wing? Something has happened… someone’s unconscious! In the caretaker’s…” The prefect looked at her the way you look at someone crazy. “So? What are you doing up here, running here for nothing? The hospital wing is in the third floor. Off with you! Get a nurse!”Kathleen gasped. “What? Are you sure?” She fought for breath. I have to help the girl! She had probably misheard the Slytherin, seemingly tell her to go to the sixth floor. She ran down a staircase trying to find the right room.
The heavy door stood halfway open, she could see a few freshly lined beds and a shelf full of medicine bottles and potions in different shapes and sizes. “Nurse?” she gasped. “Matron?” But neither nurse nor matron were in the small office. She walked towards the shelf reading the bleached signs on the potions. Skele-Gro? No, definitely not. Her heart pounded against her ribcage. The girl downstairs needed help, quick!
Last edited by Kathleen Taylor on 3rd May 2018, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silently Hiding  Closed 

Reducio
I told you to go to the 3rd floor, not the 6th. Please correct this by saying that you misheard me or something. Your previous post could not have happened, as we were already on the 6th floor. You can change the floor number to 8th sor something.

Silently Hiding  Closed 

Suddenly a red headed girl ran toward were Mia, Makena and the unconscious girl was.
"What have you done to her? God, what did you do? What happened?"
 The other Ravenclaw girl who just came said before tear rolled down her cheek.

"We didn't do anything when we got here this is what she was like" Makena said worried but also a bit offended why did she suddenly think they did something they were only trying to help.
"Ok. My name is Mia and this is Makena. This"-she motioned to the girl on the floor-"Is a bit of a problem. Makena and I are going to drag her out of this excuse for an office - Mia rolled her eyes- And you are going to find the school nurse."
Mia said before helping Makena take the girl out of the office.
"We are on the 6th floor. The school nurse is probably in the hospital wing, on the third floor. Can I trust you to help us?"
She said pointing to a map and then back to the girl. The girl then quickly ran off to find the nurse.
"That..phew..was..so...hard! I hope that girl comes back with the nurse soon. What do you think that this girl did? What do you think those boys-She rolled her eyes-The ones that were chasing her did?"
Makena just shrugged her shoulders. Mia then took off the unconscious girls sock. Makena was a bit surprised but she just let her do whatever she was doing.
"Aguamenti!"

Mia said before putting the girls sock on her head. "Good thinking I hope she will be okay, whoever did this is a jerk." Makena said looking down at the unconscious Ravenclaw with a worried look.

Makena D

Silently Hiding  Closed 

"Good thinking I hope she will be okay, whoever did this is a jerk.

Makena looked down at the unconsious Ravenclaw, worried. Mia looked down too.

"She'll be back soon, it's not a hike."

Mia looked down again and brushed her hair out of her face, worried.

"So. Not really much we can do here can we...."

Mia shrugged and looked around the coridoor. The lighting was a bit much, Mia thought absentmindedly, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder, and no one was `around. It was almost eerie, how empty it was. Mia looked down at her watch.

"Luckily I have a free now, otherwise"- Mia looked up at Makena-" I would be done for!"

Mia laughed a bit and settled her gaze on Makena, taking in her posture and her apperance, trying to think if she had seen her before.

"You know, for helping me save a girl, I haven't learned much about you, and I'm afraid you have gotten the wrong impression of me."

Mia held out her hand, squinting in the light.

"Mia Alexander. Residing in London, though born in NYC, and heir, but not head, of the Alexander line. A fan of anime, reading, knitting, and watching silly movies."- Mia smiled and continued talking-" I also enjoy Charms and Herbology. What about you Makena? We have a bit of time before that girl comes back."

Back