Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in
  Back

Compartment 7  Finished 

There was the sound of glass shattering, and a foul odour spread throughout the compartment. Ava noticed something slithering on the floor, and instinctively crouched on the seats. But not for long, as a panicking Eris shoved her away immediately as she tried to get to her trunk in time. Ava, who had not expected this, lost her balance and had no other choice but to let herself fall on the floor.
She now saw the beast for the very first time – an acid salamander? What was it doing in their compartment? Ava had never seen one before, and wondered if there was a chance she could catch it and keep it. She shook her head – what was she thinking? This creature was ready to harm them indiscrimately. Ava seemed to be the next target, and there was nothing she could do about it. She cursed under her breath – if only she knew some spells! The creature was ready to attack her, but Eris jumped in front of her. Ava looked at her with widened eyes. “Eris…” she whispered, and watched the girl stumble to a seat and faint immediately. It was absolute chaos. Ava managed to get herself together and moved back to the seats where it was safe. Michelle had ran outside, and the boy who seemed the source of all problems seemed to be struggling. However, he managed to find a slingshot and knock out the salamander.
Ava breathed out, relieved. She looked around the compartment – it was in a terrible state, with everything but them and their belongings smouldering and smelling burned.
Since the most dangerous part seemed to be over, Ava was able to think clearly again. “Of course,” she muttered, noticing she was shaking slightly. “Ichabod.” With a loud bang, their family house-elf appeared. “Ichabod, please clean up this mess,” Ava said, happy to see the creature again. It made her feel safe, like she was back home. “And grab some potions that will help against acid burns, all right?” The house-elf bowed, and disappeared again, only to reappear five seconds later, handing Ava some vials with a dark-green potion in them. She gave them to Michelle and Adam, who was taking care of Eris, and watched Ichabod repair the compartment in five seconds flat. “Thank you,” she sighed, relieved. She did not want to be known as one of the first-years who managed to destroy part of the Hogwarts Express. Or maybe… it did not sound that bad, after some consideration.

- Avalon

Compartment 7  Finished 

With the salamander safely back in it's vial Kaegen looked around the room slowly. That weird old man had done a good job. A really good job. The compartment was looking fine now, as if vortigern hadn't just run rampant. Kaegen checked his vials and boxes, making sure that they were all closed. Yeah, he was pretty sure they were.
Looking back up at the group, he gave a small smile. Inside, he was sweating. If they all jumped him would he be able to make it out? Easily, if he used his knife. But that was probably not allowed on a train. He could only shoot one with his slingshot, and then the other's would be on him. But his nature would not allow him to show any sign of nervousness. Only his eyes panicked and flashed around like a lightning bolt that kept changing directions. He backed slowly to the door, so smoothly you would think he was standing on a well oiled scateboard, rolling perfectly towards the exit.
"Sorry, vortigern doesn't like trains."
Well, neither did anyone else with half a brain. So many things had gone wrong on this train he would not be surprised if voldemort suddenly jumped out of a chest with a army saying 'I'm here now!'
The train was cursed.

Shade-Beacon, Master of the Castle of Avarice

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eri breathed heavily as she tried to calm down as she tried to comprehend what had just happened. "Was was that an acid salamander? Where did you get that and why do you have that?" She asked very nervously that whatever that was would come back out. She looked at the ground and climbed up. Now she really wanted to go home. 

Feeling foolish for being so scared she put her feet back on the ground. She smiled and started packing her books into her bag. Slinging the bag over her shoulder she got her trunk down with a levitation spell and got ready to get off the train since they would be there soon.

She wondered what everyone one else was thinking. Were they scared that the salamander might come back or were they fine? Looking around she started breathing quietly. She looked out the window at the Hogwarts castle. Frowning she went back to her seat and sat down. She quietly muttered to herself very quietly, "Now am really homesick." She smiled and looked longingly out the window hoping to get to Hogwarts soon. She just wanted to get there so she could start her amazing adventure at Hogwarts. 

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Compartment 7  Finished 

Kaegen tried to answer all the questions satisfactorily, but they did seem kind of useless. It was an acid salamander, what else could it be? What else is a salamander, and uses acid? Well, the giant acid salamander, but Kaegen had left that at home. He didn't think the teachers would appreciate him melting classrooms.
"Yes"
Now for the next question, where did he get that. Well, in all honesty he had found him in his backyard, melting the woodpile. So that's what he said. "It was in my backyard." The last question was the strangest of all. Why did he have it? Why would anyone NOT have it? Acid salamander acid was incredibly powerful, he could escape most cells, use it as a weapon! Also, it was really, really cute! Come to think of it, he mostly just carried around vortigern because the little guy was so adorable.
And he was a great listener, too.
"He's really cute. Why would anyone not carry him around?"
Kaegen decided to go back under the bench. It was a really nice carpet, and he needed a break. If anyone wanted to get him, he could fend them off from in here. For that matter, if anyone tried to get him, he could just let all of his pets run amok. That would probably cause a distraction.
Provided he could get them to cooperate.

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eri felt bad. "Sorry Kaegen I wasn't trying to be rude." She just wanted to hide from everyone. She didn't care what anyone thought anymore. She debated either leaving the compartment or turning into a cat. She decided on just walking out of the compartment.

She stood up and dragged her stuff outside the compartment and left closing the door. 

She turned into a fiery orange mane coon. Since she was an animagus she could turn into a cat.

She curled  up into a ball and laid down onto her trunk. It felt nice to be able to turn into a cat.

She jumped off the trunk and turned back into a human. She didn't want others to see her transform. That was her secret she wanted to keep. She sat down by her luggage and waited for the train to pull up. Smiling she sighed looking out the window. She just wanted to get to Hogwarts to start her school year. Smiling she watched the train get nearer and nearer to the oncoming castle. It looked majestical from where she was sitting. That would be her home for the next seven years and she could not wait any longer.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Compartment 7  Finished 

Michelle sat back down on the freshly cleaned bench and put her shoe back on. She held her hand in her hands and sighed. What the hell had that boy been thinking to bring an acid salamander a creature that could have seriously hurt someone, that did hurt someone! She rubbed her eyes and stood up, ready to give the boy a piece of her mind. That was until Eri asked him how and why he had it. 

When Michelle heard his answers she became furious. "You mean you put all of us in danger because you thought something was cute?! Do you not care about anyone else's safety?" She was beginning to raise her voice like she used to with her brother's when they had upset her, "AND why did you think a glass bottle was a good thing to put it in, those things are fragile and easy to open! I can't believe you are so reckless." she stopped herself before she began personally attacking the boy and took a deep breath to calm herself. She didn't normally lose her cool, it only happened when something was particularly stupid and dangerous. 

"I'm sorry for losing my cool, I'm just upset that you put all of us in danger and I guess I still have a little adrenaline from what happened. Please put that thing somewhere safer when we get to Hogwarts."  Michelle apologized and explained with a cooler head than before. She didn't want the other people in the cart to think she had anger issues or anything, she was just concerned with there safety. 

She sat back down and looked out the window in the distance she could see a large castle approaching. 

"There is very little cherry in this cherry soda and I do not like to be deceived," - M.L
STA: 5, AGL: 4, STR: 4, CTL: 6, AP: 5, ACC: 6

Compartment 7  Finished 

This girl also asked questions with obvious answers. She was yelling at him, and that made him relieved. In the wild, something yelled at you if it didn't want to attack, it was sort of warning you off. He was probably in the clear. He was sad that the nice girl had gotten so mad at him, but it was alright. He would get over it eventually, making friends was more of a side job to learning here.
Still, he would try and sooth her a bit. Now how did you do that again?
"But look at his little face" Kaegen's soft voice said reassuringly, a whisper from below the bench, as he held up the recovering vortigern in his glass vial. "I thought everyone else would be bringing pets too, it wasn't really reckless." Strange that she would get mad at him for bringing along vortigern. She hadn't said anything about the queen. Wait, did she know the queen was even here? And if she thought the salamander was that reckless, what would she think about his other pets? Should he tell them? Probably not, he decided. They might freak out, or take his pets away. These people sure did have a weird definition of reckless.
"Well, okay then. I guess you're right." The glass vial probably wasn't the best place to put the salamander. Kaegen's other hand vanished into his robe, and came back lightly dusted with some of the powder that had been in the box earlier. The kind that helped stop the acid. He then took vortigern back out of the vial, and held the recovering salamander in his hand. She should be happy now, it's not like his hand would easily open.

Compartment 7  Finished 

"I thought everyone else would be bringing pets to, it wasn't really reckless." she gave him a weird look, the pets people brought were domesticated and not as dangerous as his. "They are domesticated and easy to care for and way less dangerous than that thing." She was also shocked he had considered it a pet. She shook her head at his stupidity. 

As he placed the acid salamander in his hand the older sister in her sprung to the surface. "What the bloody hell are you doing, It's made of ACID moron! Put it back in the vial!" she shot up out of her seat and freaked out, he really was dense if he thought that would make her happy. "I meant to put it in a better cage! NOT burn yourself with it!" Her voice cracked with concern and her eyes were wide with fear for the boy and as much as she wanted to stop him from hurting himself she wasn't about to get it form him, she barely knew him so she wasn't going to risk getting hurt. She looked expectantly at him to put it back, it really did hurt her to watch him hold it in his hand knowing it must have been painful. 

"There is very little cherry in this cherry soda and I do not like to be deceived," - M.L

Compartment 7  Finished 

"vortigern's a sweety." Kaegen was fine holding the salamander, the dusting was helping and besides, it had spit all of it's acid rapid fire a second ago, and it was running on empty. Nothing to worry about, which is why Kaegen was surprised when the nice girl was suddenly scared.
"No, it's fine. My hand is the best cage I have right now. And besides, he's all calmed down, do you want to hold him?" The powder had dried up the outside of the acid salamander's skin, and more acid wasn't likely to come out. They had a limit to the amount they could hold.
Maybe she just didn't like salamanders? But that seemed pretty ridiculous. How could anyone not like vortigern? He held him out for her to hold. She'd change her mind. Besides, he had other pets she could look at. If anything could calm down this girl, it was his pets.
Maybe she would like spiders? Yeah, spiders were fuzzy. People liked fuzzy. "If you really don't like him, I have other pets"
Maybe Kaegen would be good at this calming people down thing. "If you hold him a second, you would change your mind, I'm sure."

Compartment 7  Finished 

Michelle looked in awe at the salamander and the boy, he was completely unharmed. She felt a little silly about her freak out now but still stood by the fact that it was dangerous. She noticed it had a coating on it and the boys hands were dusty, he must have done something to it. "No, it's fine. My hand is the best cage I have right now. And besides, he's all calmed down, do you want to hold him?" she stepped back at that question, the salamanders - actually Vortigern's - saliva had eaten throw the side of her shoe. No, she did not want to hold it. 

What he told her next shocked her. "Whaa.. other pets..." she looked at him dumbfounded she hoped that they were not as dangerous as the salamander, but perhaps it wasn't as stupid and reckless as she thought, he did seem to know how to handle them. 

"If you hold him a second, you might change your mind I'm sure." Michelle didn't know if it was his weirdly soothing voice or just curiosity but she held both her hands out and cautiously held the salamander. Now that it was in her hands she could see its beady black eyes and its little nose, she supposed it was kinda cute, as cute as something harmful could be. She handed it back after a few seconds and stepped back. She apologized quietly and her face turned a light shade of pink, it seems she totally overreacted. 

Michelle sat back down on the bench and stared out the window watching Hogwarts begin to get closer and closer, a large whistle went off and she assumed it was the train warning them that they were very close. 

Compartment 7  Finished 

Adam saw this next disaster coming before it arrived, and stepped forward, saying, "As much as I'd love to meet your pets, I don't think we really have time, Kaegen. Look!" The train was chugging steadily towards Hogsmeade Station, and Adam could begin to see houses from the village appear. Smiling, he offered, "I'll hold Vortigern while you get your stuff ready, if you'd like."

Adam had pulled his trunks down from the overhead storage while the others were dealing with the aftermath of the acid salamander. He was surprised to see Avalon summon a house-elf to clean up, but he didn't say much about it; at least he helped them clean up. Eris had woken up, thank God; he didn't want to have to explain to the professors what had happened in Compartment 7. Now that everyone was present and conscious -- except for Eri, who he had lost track of a long time ago -- he felt himself grow even more excited about the upcoming experience. He was finally going to Hogwarts, and he was going with all of these wonderful people that he had met!

He looked at Kaegen, at Michelle, at Eris and Avalon, and smiled. He was so glad that he had taken the journey with them! Now, as the castle started to disappear behind trees and the woods thickened around them, Adam looked to Avalon and asked, "You know, you started all of this. Want to say something to finish it?"

Adam Harringtom
STA: 12 | EVA: 4 | STR: 6 | WIS: 6 | ARC: 9 | ACC: 8

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eris groggily came too and looked around the compartment with a sleepy look of confusion. Finally she looked out the window, and blinked once, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. There was the station. It was lit up with candles, and a man stood there, looking at the train. Then there was a castle.

It was beautiful, with the windows lit up. There were turrets and towers everywhere Eris could look. Even from the outside it looked magical. There was something other about it. Eris forgot about the acid salamander and the recent drama on the train, as she pressed her nose up against the glass. All around the train, other kids did the same thing, but Eris couldn't see anything but the beautiful castle, with a moat. It was something out of fairytale. When she finally pulled her nose away from the castle, just as the train pulled to a stop and let out a second whistle.

"Leave your trucks on the train, they will be carried up to the school separately." A voice said, probably the conductor. Eris sagged in relief, heart pounding in her chest. She really was dreading carrying her trunk up, but it was real. She was really at Hogwarts. She turned to look at the other kids in the compartment, each of them all in various states of getting ready. "I hope we stay friends even after we're sorted." She confided in the other kids.

What a journey this had been. She had met up with Adam and Ava again, and only strengthened her growing friendship with the two. Eris had also met three new people. She had met another girl from a muggle background, a bookworm who seemed to be quite sad about going to school, and a strange boy who had a lot of pets, and a nasty throwing arm. She looked at the mark on Michelle's head for proof of her thoughts, and couldn't help thinking they had done so much damage and had so much fun on one train ride. What could they do with a whole year together?

Eris looked to Avalon after Adam had spoken, grinning from ear to ear , waiting for a glorious speech of some sort.

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
abilities: transfig DC -5

Compartment 7  Finished 

As everyone seemed to already be on Kaegen’s case, Ava decided to not waste her energy on reprimanding him. She thought the creature had been interesting as well, and it wasn’t the salamander’s fault for protecting himself in such a stressful situation. This was the start of an eventful first year, that much was apparent, and Ava would not have it any other way. 

As Michelle looked out of the window, Ava did as well. Her eyes widened as she saw that they were so very close to their destination! She moved as close as she could to the window, trying to see as much of the castle as was possible. There wasn’t much to be seen though, as the trees obscured her view.

As Adam stopped Kaegen and Michelle from their continuous bickering and they all got their trunks, Ava suddenly felt like it all was real. They were about to get off the train and become students at Hogwarts! She looked at everybody around her. Adam and Eris, who she really liked and who had proven to be dependable friends; Kaegen, who she thought was weird, but someone who cared for magical creatures deserved a second chance; Michelle, who was righteous and friendly; and Eri, who was silent and mysterious.

As the train was about to come to a halt, she knew this was one of the last moments they would all be together like this. She bit her lip. She knew there was a large chance she would be the only one to join Slytherin – would they all hate her after this? She could not let that happen – these were her first friends after all, and she could not simply let their friendship end here, could she now?

As Adam suggested, Ava spoke to them all, hoping they shared her sentiment. “Everyone,” she started. “Our ways may separate from this point onward, but we will always remember the amazing train ride to our first year at Hogwarts, won’t we? I mean, being attacked by an acid salamander is not easily forgotten. And we have had so much fun as well! And candy galore, might I add.” She paused. “We will begin an amazing journey once we will get off this train. We will meet new people, choose sides, and fight each other for the House Cup and Quidditch Cup. We will be busy with homework and other activities. But I don’t want that all to ruin our friendship. As I said before, let’s meet up soon and stay in touch. That is all I wish for, and I hope you all feel the same.”

She smiled as she looked at them all. “Welcome to Hogwarts, everybody. Let’s have a wonderful seven years.”

- Avalon
  Back