Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in
  Back

Compartment 7  Finished 

Cameron was running down the halls outside of the Compartments looking at the ground and bumping into passing students.

"Excuse me, excuse me!" He said as quickly as he could he noticed the ball on the floor before him as he ran to collect it. He turned to his right and saw through the window of Compartment 7 his ball. Opening the door he smiled at the students, 

"Sorry, I erm, I see you have found my ball." He bent down to retrieve it smiling as he placed it into his pocket. "Crazy lil creatures are they, similar to jumpers but a more sensitive species. I'm sure we will learn about them soon in Care of Magical Creatures class." Cameron managed to make small conversation but was not the best at it. He always took the advise of his father to only converse in small talk and nothing more. He got his charismatic side of him from his mothers which did show a lot of his personality. Being the youngest and slow growth spurt Cameron was one that his peers didn't look up to but despised in the classroom. He was a teachers pet. Looking at them as he nodded his head, he exited the Compartment and walked back down the hall to Compartment 4. 

Cameron Harper

Compartment 7  Finished 

Michelle listened inquisitively to Eris, she found out that she had also grown up in London as well. She was listening so well that when Eris cursed she jumped in fright. She looked down to see what had made Eris jump like that. She peered down and saw a curved ball at her feet. "What in the bloody hell is that?" she questioned out loud. She followed it with her gaze as it tried to move away from Eris' grasp. It was strange, it's like it had a mind of its own. Eris dropped it back down and it remained still looking surprisingly menacing.

Eris made a joke about wizard toys and Michelle Laughed in agreement. It was so cool to have someone that she could relate to and didn't know too much about magic as well. Despite Eris' joke Michelle still felt that she was missing something all the other wizards had, a magical childhood. It would have helped so much in her school. She did however like the fact that she knew about muggle things because it was like an inside joke the other wizards knew nothing about. She wondered if any of the Pure-blood wizards knew what a rubber duck was... A boy rushed into the compartment looking for the ball.

"There is very little cherry in this cherry soda and I do not like to be deceived," - M.L
STA: 5, AGL: 4, STR: 4, CTL: 6, AP: 5, ACC: 6

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eri looked up and heard a joke about dolls. "Dolls? Like as barbie dolls? I had a few my aunts muggle friend gave me when I was little. I really wasn't interested in them. I liked to read books like peter pan." She smiled remembering her childhood. She saw the boy's reflection who was reading over her shoulder in the window and decided she didn't care. She drbated over asking him if he would like to borrow the book since she has read it dozens of times and decided against it. She didn't want to embarrass him so she contiued to read like she had no clue he was behind her, but she slowed down a little to a normal reading speed instead of her fast pace reading speed. 

She didn't exactly know if the other girls were muggle born but that stuff didn't matter to her. She just wanted to make friends at this school. She wondered what the boy's name was who was behind her but she didn't want to ask he seemed content on not being very noticable. Smiling she continued to read a bit slower hoping the boy didn't catch on to her knowing that he was there.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Compartment 7  Finished 

Kaegen looked up from the book that girl was reading in time to give answer to the question about the ball. It was then the other kid came running in looking for his. Kaegen looked a bit confused at first, then he spoke, in a wind through grass kind of silence. But loud enough to hear, just barely.
"Excuse me, I think You're ball must have fallen somewhere else. I made that one, a wooden cage in a wooden cage with a wooden ball at the center. It's pretty hard to carve, and I enchanted it after."
Reducio
check previous posts for verification

Kaegen scans the room, looking for a different ball, but doesn't see one right off. His mind was swirling with the spells from the book, and he completely forgot to be nervous or afraid. Maybe he could help the boy find his ball? What was that about a creature? If there was one thing Kaegen loved, it was creatures. With the prospect of one of them running around the train, Kaegen dropped down on the floor, landing on fingertips and toes, and began to move about the floor peeking under things with surprising speed. This was what he loved to do.

Shade-Beacon, Master of the Castle of Avarice

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eris nodded her head as the other girl asked about barbie dolls. "Yes they're a muggle toy," she nodded her head again. "I also spent most of my childhood reading. Peter Pan was a great book, though I find my favourite book as a child was the miraculous journey of edward tulane. It was sad, but intriguing. For a long time after reading it I thought all my toys were alive." Eris grinned, just talking about books made Eris so happy. It was one of her favourite things in the world--well besides reading books. Her face went scarlet though, hoping the other kids didn't think she was a nerd for knowing a lot about books. She had been teased for being a bookworm back home, and didn't want to start off the year at Hogwarts with people knowing she was a bookworm. People always thought bookworms were weird. Eris realized she was zoning off, so she focused her gaze to the floor and the boy crawling around on the floor searching for a creature of some sort, and his ball that he enchanted himself. Wow, he already knew magic! Eris wondered if he could give her any pointers.

"How'd you enchanted it? that's incredible. I would like to know how you did it, if you don't mind." Eris spoke carefully, not wanting to startle the boy. He seemed a little bit off, but he knew magic so Eris figured having a conversation with him couldn't be so bad as long as she got tips about magic off of him.

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
abilities: transfig DC -5

Compartment 7  Finished 

Kaegen seemed startled when he realized that the girl was talking to him. How did he enchant the ball? Well, it took him about a million tries. Probably more than that, realistically. He carved out all of the cages, made from one solid block of wood. He stood up, swaying side to side and looking at the girl. "My grandfather helped me. I know how to enchant a few things, but nothing that I could use in a fight" Kaegen thought a bit, and then climbed back on top of the bench, feeling self conscious. He should probably not be crawling around on the ground like that. The boy would find his ball soon enough, and the girl had slowed down her page turning! This was pretty good news. Either the spells were harder, or more interesting, or she noticed he was reading too, and slowed down for him. Any one of the three would be pretty fantastic news, but Kaegen figured he should probably help out the other boy with his creature as well. He started humming to himself. A curious tune, going up and down. It was... interesting. Very interesting. A curious tone that seemed to compel people to notice it, quiet though it was.
He hummed it more absent minded, to himself. As he continued reading over the girl's shoulder, standing still on the bench. If the creature was nearby, it would come out. Grandfather had taught him well.

Compartment 7  Finished 

Adam had somehow gotten himself hopelessly confused. He didn't know how it happened; he just knew that while Eris and Michelle were buying snacks from the trolley, he had wandered a few steps down the train car to inspect something that caught his eye on the wall, and when he turned back, everyone was gone. Even the snack trolley had disappeared. Although Adam was sure that he could find his way back to Compartment 7, he wondered if he should take the time to explore the train a bit more. He poked his head in a few different compartments, greeted some first-years that looked just as excited as he did, and dug into his box of jelly beans on the way back to his compartment. Adam wondered why no one had come looking for him, but before he could let his worry overcome him, he realized that he was being ridiculous. They were all eleven years old; they could fend for themselves, especially in a place as regular as the Hogwarts Express.

It didn't take him long to return to the compartment. The door was open, and he could see that Eris and Michelle had returned safe and sound. Adam leaned against the doorframe and looked down at his compartment-mates, raising an eyebrow and saying, "Well, well, well, look who forgot all about their other friends." Did he sound too harsh? Before anyone could reply, he laughed and reassured them that he was just kidding. Glancing around the small room, he was surprised to see yet another new arrival, a girl with an open book across her lap. Well, he suppose that's what they got when they established an open-door policy. What was it people always said? The more the merrier!

Adam smiled at the new girl, and introduced himself. "Actually, I still need both of your names." He nodded to the new girl and the quiet, black-haired boy holding an intricate wooden cage. Adam would have to ask about that later. "Anyone want any jelly beans?" he offered, holding out his box, and then realized something that he hadn't caught before. "Guys...." he asked, hesitantly.

"Where's Avalon?"

Adam Harringtom
STA: 12 | EVA: 4 | STR: 6 | WIS: 6 | ARC: 9 | ACC: 8

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eris opened her mouth to ask the boy more about his spells, but seeing that he had started reading over Eri's shoulder again, she busied herself in talking to Adam, who had just reappeared from god knows where in the train. "Well, well, well look who forgot to return back to the compartment." She said, face molding into a grin of her own, as she studied Adam. He looked happy, although he was still wearing muggle clothing. Speaking of muggle clothing, shouldn't they all be changing into their robes by now? Eris frowned, about to voice her concern about the robes outloud, but before she could Adam asked where Ava was and Eris had to pause and look around the compartment. Where on earth was Ava? She had been with them whilst they were buying sweets and now she was gone! Eris cursed herself for not noticing, as she had been so busy chatting to Michelle. She was such a bad excuse for a friend to not even notice that Ava was missing. Eris felt her eyes water with tears, as she pondered how on earth she had lost the other girl already.

"I don't know where she is.." Eris muttered, avoiding Adam's eyes. She felt like such a fool. What if Adam hated her now for being a terrible friend? Eris knew she hated herself for being so foolish.

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
abilities: transfig DC -5

Compartment 7  Finished 

Kaegen kept his eyes glued to the other girl's book, but his voice still traveled across the little cabin, even though the other students had to strain in order to make out anything he said.
"She is probably just looking for a bit of peace, leave her be." He hoped his friends wouldn't be like that. Poor girl had probably just found a really nice spot to take a nap. He would have done the same had this girl's book not been so interesting. Well, that and the fact that the train was still a nagging fear in the back of his mind.
Sleeping in this deathtrap was out of the question. Wait... that one girl seemed close to tears. Wait, why? What had happened to the girl? His eyes widened. The train. It must have been the train. Something this loud had to be the cause of whatever bad thing had happened. His eyes snapped open wider, eyes flashing around. What could he do? The other kids must know of the danger, why were they put on this thing? Did the crying girl think she was going to die? Kaegen froze, the barely noticeable rise and fall of his chest seemed to vanish altogether, and he nudged the nice girl with the book just a little with his hand. He wouldn't feel right if she was killed because she wasn't aware of the danger. He didn't even know how the train would kill someone, but the terror already screaming in his mind exploded. Rushing out with reinforcements. Please let it be a savage dragon that got loose in the train Please let it be a savage dragon that got loose in the train....

Compartment 7  Finished 

When Ava finally arrived at the compartment, she was surprised by the state it was in. Eris seemed to be in tears, and the dark boy had moved and seemingly had been talking to the others. Had they been arguing, or was something else going on? Apparently, another girl had joined them, and she was reading a very interesting book.
“Oh, we have got a new member,” Ava said with a grin. “It’s a good thing I brought the entire thing, then.” Ava stepped away, showing the snack trolley to everybody. “I thought it was too much of a hassle to walk back and forth if we needed some more treats, so I just asked the lady if I could buy it all. Since we are well on our way, she seemed to have no problem with it and just handed me the entire thing. So just enjoy! Today’s a special day, after all.”
The trolley was too big to be brought into the compartment. It had already been challenging enough to get the thing all the way out here; there had been nobody left to help her push the heavy thing, and she had to force it through a mass of people more than once.
She sat down, tired from the effort she had put into her gift for her first ever friends. She looked at the new girl. “It seems you’ve met everybody already,” she said with a smile. “I’m Ava, and planning on joining Slytherin. How about you?” She really hoped the girl would be joining her – she had met many great people so far, but she was worried that when she got sorted, she would be all alone again.

- Avalon

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eri put her book down onto her lap after feeling the boy tap her. "Hi Ava, Hi Adam, My name is Eri. Honestly Either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Yes what is it?" She turns around and smiled studying the boy. She thinks he might be scared of the train. "There is nothing to fear of this train. If you would like you can borrow my book it helps take your mind off of this." She gestures towards the train. She didn't know what was wrong with Eris. Maybe she was scared or thiught she was a hard friend for loosing Ava.

Eri reopened her book waiting for an answer from any of them. She kind of felt awkward since she didn't know many people and she didn't like talking very much. Eri pulled out her wand and did a summoning spell and cameron's creature appeared in her hand. "Excuse me I'll be right back." She stood up and put her books neatly in her seat and walked gracefully on the ground hoping she wouldn't trip over anything. She stowed her wand in her pocket and walked out of the compartment and headed to compartmen 4 to return the creature and get kaegens ball back.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Compartment 7  Finished 

With everyone back into the compartment it was quite crowded, but Michelle didn't mind, after all, these people made her comfortable and she hadn't been comfortable with anybody but her brothers in forever.

With Ava's return with the trolley cart, she was craving some more wizard treats so she grabbed a pumpkin pasty and some every flavour jelly beans and sat back in her seat. She noticed Eris was looking upset so she shot her a sympathetic and questioning look wondering what was wrong. Her attention was then grabbed by the swish of a wand.

Michelle watched as Eri cast a spell and the ball appeared in her hands. How in the world did she do that? Michelle was growing more and more jealous of the magically skilled girl by the minute and almost was feeling some anger toward her parents for not being wizards. She wished she could do all the things Eri could do.

Michelle sighed and shifted in her seat. "We have been on this train for a while, do you think we are close yet?" she asked the group looking out the window and watching the green hills zoom by. "Maybe we should get into our robes," she suggested realizing she was still in her muggle clothes.

"There is very little cherry in this cherry soda and I do not like to be deceived," - M.L
STA: 5, AGL: 4, STR: 4, CTL: 6, AP: 5, ACC: 6

Compartment 7  Finished 

She was glad that Eri seemed to consider Slytherin a valid option. Finally a potential housemate had arrived! Then, to Ava’s surprise, Eri pulled out her wand and performed a spell. Ava’s eyes narrowed. That surely was not allowed… how could a first-year perform magic already, before even setting foot on Hogwarts grounds? Was there not a law in place? Secretly, she was kind of jealous. She knew she had to study a lot of spells and charms as soon as she had her first classes, so she would not feel inferior to the others. Eri walked out of the compartment for some reason that Ava was not privy to. She was sure at least something had happened while she had been gone, but she kept silent - it was not important right now.

Michelle suggested getting dressed, and Ava nodded. “I think we have been travelling for rather a long time already,” she agreed. “So it’s probably a good idea to get changed into our robes sooner than later.” She looked around at het company. They were quite the mixed group… “Adam, and… you,” she pointed at the strange kid, realising she still did not know his name. “Would you be so kind to change somewhere else? Oh, but first, can you help me get my trunk back down? It will probably crush me if I try to get it by myself.”

- Avalon

Compartment 7  Finished 

Kaegen reached into his school bag and slipped a wizard's robe other the clothes he was already wearing. He smiled a bit but declined the book from the girl. There was no point in taking it. The last thing he wanted was to forget about it and then lose it somewhere. He could keep reading it over her shoulder, and besides, he was trying to sort out the other thoughts in his mind at the time.
The girl had obviously not been hurt. She had just gone and bought a trolley full of those weird candies. So maybe the other girl had been sad or homesick? Maybe she stabbed herself with a pin or something. Still, it was best to be wary. He didn't want any of the treats, accepting anything from people he didn't know was never a good idea. Especially if that girl really was going into slytherin. Kaegen pulled a piece of string out of his little satchel and started nibbling on the rope. Well, he had this. This tasted pretty good, actually. Grandfather had given him a large supply a long time ago, and they still hadn't gone bad. You couldn't always trust Grandfather's taste, but this one was supposed to be sweet. And it was. With these strings that pretty much meant he won the lottery.
He did, however stand up and easily pull down the girls chest. It was really heavy, but the young boy had spent all his life outside. He had chopped plenty of wood, and drug plenty of trees to the shack. He could handle a chest.

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eri had went to compartmen 4 to return the creature. She returned in her robes and the and was holding Kaegen's ball when she walked into the room. She handed the ball to kaegen. Eri muttered wingardium leviosa and at the trunk and it gently landed in front of her. She put something inside and put the trunk back up."We should be able to see Hogwarts in a few minutes." Eri walked over to the candy cart and grabbed two chocolate frogs. She opened the first one and had the frog in her grasp as soon as she opened the package. She ate it and pulled the card out. She had gotten Luna Love good. In the other package after she ate the frog she had a Hermione Granger card. She stowed them away in her bag and went back to her seat. Casually she put her wand away like nothing had happened.

She smiled and continued to watch out the window and smiled. She couldn't wait to get to hogwarts. The school sounded amazing to her. She reopened her book and read. "That is a great enchantment you put on that ball." She smiled enchanting was very easy for her.

Back