Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in
  Back

Compartment 7  Finished 

Adam thought back on his answers in the compartment. He hadn't talked to the black-haired boy at all, although he was still interested in learning his story -- or at least his name. When Michelle asked them all about their favorite subjects, he was caught off guard, but luckily Ava and Eris had answers that he could rebound off of. "DADA sounds cool," he had replied, "but I'm also interested in Transfiguration. Could you imagine pulling off magic at that level all the time?" He had listened to Eris and Michelle discuss their welcoming wizard for a while, and when it seemed that conversation had dulled, he had suggested a food run.

Now, here he was with Eris and Ava and Michelle again. He had just caught a glimpse of the trolley and was trying hard to reach it. Luckily, his height helped. The trolley attendant saw his approaching figure and stopped, and when Eris asked if they had found anything, Adam ceremoniously revealed the mobile snack shop with an over-the-top "Ta-da!"

Now, he wasn't sure what he wanted. Ava had graciously offered to pay for the snacks, and even though he was determined to find a way to pay her back at some point in their time together, he made sure not to pick an expensive treats. He finally decided on a package of Every-Flavor Beans, and promised to share some with their compartment-mates. Adam lived for these jelly beans, even after dozens of horrible discoveries when he thought he was getting a typical flavor. The Harringtoms were real risk-takers when it came to candy.

He wondered how the other boy was doing back in the compartment. He hoped that he hadn't decided to stab everything. That would be hard to explain. Oh, how exciting it all truly was!

Adam Harringtom
STA: 12 | EVA: 4 | STR: 6 | WIS: 6 | ARC: 9 | ACC: 8

Compartment 7  Finished 

“Three sickles is good enough for a couple of sweets,” Ava answered, “but we’re ready for a feast, I think.”
They all seemed to be leaving the compartment apart from the mysterious boy. Ava wondered if it was safe to leave their belongings with him, but since nobody else questioned it, she decided to trust that nothing would happen.
Adam and her had walked out first, and it became clear that they were not the only ones looking for food. The train was filled with students, and Ava made sure to stay near Adam, who was like a beacon so tall in comparison to herself. She looked back, and noticed that they had lost the others. Suddenly, a face appeared from the mass – it was Eris, who was jumping up and down to find them again. Ava had to try really hard not to laugh at the sight, but she nudged Adam and let him know that they should slow down a bit, so Eris could catch up.
They were at the trolley purchasing their snacks when the train jolted into motion, and Ava had to try her best to not fall over. They were officially on their way to Hogwarts, she realised. She removed some more Sickles from her robes. “Time to celebrate,” she grinned, as bought even more Chocolate Frogs to share with the others.

- Avalon

Compartment 7  Finished 

Kaegen thought hard for some way to distract him. He firmly decided that trains were not for him. No way was he ever going to get on something like this willingly again. Not going to happen.
He reached into the tiny pouch and pulled out a tiny round, wooden cage. Inside the seamless cage there was another. Inside the there was a round wooden ball. It wasn't very well done, not all that smooth, but there were no chinks at least. Kaegen forced himself to think about the ball, about the hard work he put into making it. Anything to get his mind off of the train. His eyes had almost slowed down when the train started. Kaegen was knocked slightly off balance, and gave a small yell, sounding a lot like the snapping of a small branch. he managed to leap for the overhead storage in a surprisingly agile motion and hung there from his fingers, his wooden cage forgotten on the floor as the train left the station. This was horrible. Everything he hated. Too many people, the ground moved, no fresh air, no mist and hard floors. He hoped that hogwarts wasn't like this. He looked down, contemplating letting himself touch the ground. After all, the train was moving smoothly now. He decided that maybe was too big of a first step, and just stayed there, hanging from a baggage compartment. little ball rolling back and forth on the floor.

Shade-Beacon, Master of the Castle of Avarice

Compartment 7  Finished 

Well Ava had the sense to not fall over, Eris toppled to the ground when the train moved. When she sprung back to her feet, Eris’s Gabe was Scarlett but she forgot her embarrassment as she saw all the sweets. They weren’t normal sweets like mars bars or candy floss. Eris wished she had enough money to buy some of everything, but of course she didn’t have any money on her. She didn’t want to buy everything if Ava was paying that was simply be rude and wouldn’t be a good first impression for Eris to make, but there was so much new candy that Eris was almost drooling. Finally she decided upon a pumpkin pasty and an everlasting gobstopper, whatever those were. She made a silent promise to return next year with more money and buy a little bit of everything. She hadn’t been to gringotts yet but she knew her mother’s famolu was a rich pure blood family that would most likely have enough money for Eris to buy candy and she would take pleasure out of robbing her mothers no good for nothing family. Most of them had died in the second wizarding war anyways so they wouldn’t miss the money.

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
abilities: transfig DC -5

Compartment 7  Finished 

Michelle followed them out of the compartment determined to stay close and not lose them in the large crowd of students. She kept her eyes on Eris until one minute she was gone. She searched around for a few minutes until she saw the red haired girl jumping up and down and bolt off again. When she finally reached them Adam had found the trolley and revealed it to them with a Ta-Da. It was a trolley they were looking for? She huffed they could've waited, but she supposed that maybe she would have been too hungry to wait.

She graciously accepted the chocolate frog Ava was offering and kept it to her chest. She was beginning to feel slightly nervous about the number of kids and when the trained jerked forward she was she tensed and felt her stomach drop. "We should get becak to the compartment now right guys?" she almost pleaded. She hated the feeling of bumping into others and hoped they would be in a better spot soon. She began to think back to the boy in the compartment they had left their stuff with. I hope he isn't snooping, or worse left our stuff unsupervised anybody could see it then.

Reducio
Sorry I take forever to write! I am just having a slight bit of trouble with 200 words but I'm doing good so far. Also, I was thinking maybe we should have turns?

"There is very little cherry in this cherry soda and I do not like to be deceived," - M.L
STA: 5, AGL: 4, STR: 4, CTL: 6, AP: 5, ACC: 6

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eri walked into compartment seven. "May I join you all?" She said sitting down after she had put her trunk onto a rack. She touched her locket around her neck. She wanted to make sure that the gold circle with and engraved tree was still attached to the long golden chain. She smiled it was on of the only things her parents gave her. Inside was a picture of her parents and her Aunt. Eri picked a book out of her bag and began to read. The small book was about advanced transfiguration and it was from her aunt to help her with her studies.

Honestly Eri could have been in Ravenclaw for her knowledge or Slytherin for her cunning personality. She started becoming unaware of all her surroundings as she read  page after page of the small book she had read at least a hundred times before. She thought transfiguration was so interesting and exciting. No wonder her aunt always taught her so much.

She started to wonder what the other students in the compartment were like. Were they nice. Maybe she would talk to them. Yeah after I finish this book, she thought. She flipped page after page of the small book enchanted by the words.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eris glanced at her other compartment mates, still chewing on a chocolate frog Ava had offered her. She wasn't going to lie, she was a bit shocked another girl had showed up in the compartment. She had just gotten to know everybody else, but the more the merrier. Even though introductions were getting repetitive at this point. Eris resolved to talk to the new girl once she finished her chocolate frog. It was quite thoughtful of Ava to buy them all food. Eris would have to pay her back someday, once she got the money for it. Once Eris finished the chocolate frog, she looked at the card and pocketed it for later, then turned towards the new girl.

"Hello, My name's Eris. What's yours?" Eris asked politely, wanting to know as much as possible about the newest member of their compartment she also asked, "What house do you want to be in when you get to school." Eris wanted to be a gyffindor with all her heart, all though she wouldn't admit it out loud since she knew Ava didn't like gyffindors or hufflepuffs that much. In fact, Eris was pretty sure Ava didn't like any house other than sytherin. Oh well, not Eris's problem.

Compartment 7  Finished 

Michelle walked back to the compartment without her friends after becoming too uncomfortable to be in the vicinity of others. She pushed past others and watching the number of the compartments to find the right one. When she finally moved into the compartment she let out a huge sigh of relief and sat down huffing.

"May I join you all?" a girl with brown hair asked. "Of course come on in..." she said slightly distracted by the moving chocolate frog in the box. "Hi, my name is Michelle. Whats yours?" She wondered about the girl if she was a Muggle-born, what her she was most excited about and if she was nice. Most of the people she had met were very kind but you never know. The Wizard that explained all this to her said there are some wizards that were not so kind, particularly one named Voldemort. Apparently, he was ugly.

Eris introduced herself and Michelle fixed her eyes back on the frog in the box, It almost felt wrong eating it but the Wizard said they were delicious and that you get a card with them. She opened the box and the frog almost jumped away but she snatched it up and took a bite.

"There is very little cherry in this cherry soda and I do not like to be deceived," - M.L

Compartment 7  Finished 

Here was something interesting. Kaegen had calmed down enough to crawl back down onto the floor, balancing gently on his tiptoes, and swaying to keep his balance. He looked across at the girl who had just entered and pulled out a book. The cover said transfiguration. Kaegen didn't know any spells, so the "advanced" made him figure the book wasn't for him. But it might be interesting, anyway. So he walked smoothly to the bench where the girl was sitting, gently climbed up onto it, and started to read over her shoulder. It was interesting. Very interesting. He didn't think he could do any of these spells, they sounded pretty complicated but maybe he could get a decent understanding of a few? It would give him a leg up in class, and he guessed that was something he really needed.
After all, a childhood growing up in a constantly fog covered magical swamp kinda put a damper on your spell practice. He wasn't worried about herbology, or care of magical creatures. He would ace those. Now if only he could understand what this confounded book was saying.
Even though the book was far too advanced for Kaegen, concentrating on it made him forget all about being on a train.

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eri glanced up from her book. She realized the girl was talking to her. "Um I'm Eri Windstone. I will either be Ravenclaw or Slytherin." She said not feeling like explaining why she would be in Slytherin or Ravenclaw. She didn't know anyone in the compartment so she looked back down at her book and began to read again not wanting to really be noticed. She would talk if they asked her questions she just didn't want to be very pushy. Not many people at her home were nice so she just stayed quiet not knowing if anyone here was nice.

She didn't seem to notice the boy who had climbed up onto her bench reading  over her shoulder. She didn't want to seem distant she just couldn't help it. She continued reading the book and smiled. She finished the book and put it back in her satchel. She grabbed another book from her satchel. It was a big book and it was on advanced charms. She had a third book on advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts. She opened the big book and began to read. Her surroundings started to fade as she continued to read her book getting sucked into the amount of knowledge on the book she had read at least ten times. She smiled as she read.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eris ogled the boy. She could tell Eri didn't want to have a conversation so she didn't push on it but what on earth was that boy doing? Didn't he know it was quite rude to read over someone's shoulder without asking? Eris also was curious to what the boy was doing when he walked. He was acting as if floor was lava, and he had just walked across it on his tiptoes to readsdrop--was that a word?-- on another member of their compartment. Were all wizards like that? Adam and Ava were raised in wizard families and seemed to be sensible. Deciding not to spend another minute staring at the boy--after all it was his life, he could do whatever he wanted even if it was weird-- Eris decided to strike up a conversation with Michelle, but caught Michelle trying to eat the chocolate frog. Muffling a laugh, Eris fully turned to Michelle and smiled.

"Michelle where'd you grow up?" Eris asked. Maybe she grew up in muggle London too, and had been to some of the places Eris had loved growing up. Either way, Eris wanted to strike up a conversation with the only person in the compartment who seemed to know even less about magic than she did. It made her feel better about knowing nothing, because she wasn't really alone in being utterly confused.

Compartment 7  Finished 

Defense against the dark arts! This book was even more interesting than the one on charms!
Kaegen kept reading over the shoulder of the strange girl, not really able to keep up, but able to read enough. This was a pretty nice arrangement. He briefly wondered where she got all of her advanced books, and then chalked it up to elder siblings or parents that had kept theirs and passed it on.
He didn't really have much time to think, however, because if he let his concentration slip too much he would fall even further behind her. He found the challenge exiting and continued studying. That other girl just said something, and the girl reading the book had answered, but Kaegen didn't care. They probably didn't talk to him, and the girl with the book continued reading, which means he could continue reading. Nothing else really mattered then. He had forgotten all about his little carved ball, which was going out of it's way to roll around on the floor trying to get under someone's shoe and make then trip. He wondered if the library at hogwarts had books like these, It was amazing! Best of all, the spells were very useful. Wait, had they talked about houses?

Compartment 7  Finished 

Michelle noticed the girl wasn't too interested in making conversation so she just nodded and pulled out the card in the Chocolate frog box. It was Harry Potter and the picture moved! She was astounded by the picture not noticing her mouth was agape. When she did notice she closed her mouth and looked around nervously hoping no one saw anything. She read the card and was shocked at what had happened to this man. The card made her want to study more on the topic of the Battle of Hogwarts.

Michelle looked up from the card and noticed the girl reading an advanced book. It's crazy to think that this girl was reading third-year material while she didn't even know about moving pictures or what enchantments were. She was incredibly jealous of this girl, she probably had witch parents who taught her everything. She was snapped out of her thoughts about the girl when Eris asked where she had grown up. "I was born in Dublin, Ireland but I grew up in Muggle London. What about you?" She was curious about Eris especially since she heard about the thing with her mom. She also wondered if she had any siblings but she might ask that another time.

Compartment 7  Finished 

Eri looked up and could see Eris looking at something behind her. Not really wanting to know she continued to read her advanced charms book. These spells were difficult. It said stuff about levitation charms, wand lighting charms, Fire making spell, softening charm, severing charm, unlocking charm, locking spell, mending charm, dancing feet spell, etc.. She started reading about the Dark arts book which had stuff like, were wolves, bogarts, dementors, faeries, and other creatures. This book was more like fourth year and in her bag was another transfiguration book that was seventh year material that her aunt gave her. She smiled reading these books made her realize how complicated magic really was. She loved learning about magic it made her feel like the world was bigger than she thought. She flipped to another page and continued to read very intrigued with what she was seeing.

She could feel the train moving and she didn't want to get up and try to walk while it was moving since she was very uncoordinated sometimes. She smiled as she glanced outside the window looking at the beautiful scenery all around her. Eri looked back down to her book and flipped the page and continued to read her book with great interest. She smiled continuing her search in her book for anything new to learn. Her interest in knowledge was great nd she needed to learn more about the subjects they would be learning in all of her classes. 

Compartment 7  Finished 

"I grew up in muggle London as well," Eris said with a huge smile on her face, "I love it-" she let out a nasty curse, as the carved ball ran straight into her foot. Eris yanked her feet up onto her chair and peered down at the floor. "What in the world is that thing," she muttered, leaning down to grab the ball. Even though it tried to evade her grasp, Eris managed to hold onto it and examine it. "Who's little bugger is this?" Eris wondered out loud, letting the thing fall to the floor again with awe. "When I was little I played with dolls, but it seems these wizard kids have way cooler toys than dolls." She whispered to Michelle, with a humor filled glint in her eye. "At least, my barbie doll never tried to hurt me." She said, with a theatrical groan. For all her kidding, Eris still didn't dare put her feet back on the floor, as she angrily stared at the ball. Even though it had hurt her, Eris had to admit she wanted one. She wasn't lying when she said that the ball-thingy was a lot cooler than her barbie dolls.

Back