Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in
  Back

The Beginning of a New Adventure  Open   Closed 

To say that Serena Bowen was excited, would be an understatement. Her whole life, she had dreamed of going to Hogwarts, and now it was finally her time to board the Hogwarts Express. Serena was going to make new friends, hone her magical skills, and who knew what other adventures she would get up to!

But for her to do any of those things, she had to board the train. And Serena was late. She ran towards the Hogwarts Express, giving quick hugs to her mum and dad. Then she hopped on the platform with her trunk just as the train was pulling away from the station.

Serena leaned against the wall of the train hallway to catch her breath. She wished that she could have spent longer saying goodbye to her parents. Serena wouldn’t get to see them again for several months. But that was what she got for waking up late.

After a few moments, Serena pushed herself away from the wall. She started down the corridor of compartments. Serena wasn’t sure if she wanted to find an empty one or one with people already in it. But lugging her massive school trunk around made her mind up. The first compartment she found, empty or not, she was taking.

Serena came to the closed door of a compartment. She raised her hand to knock, but then looked into the window to see that it was empty. She brought her hand down to the doorknob and pushed it open, letting it fall into the pocket-door.

Serena stepped inside the compartment, hauling her trunk along with her. She walked over to one of the racks, heaving her school trunk up onto it with all of her might. Wiping the sweat off of her brow, Serena tugged at her black and white striped sweater. Maybe it would have been better for her to wear something that wouldn’t cause her to sweat so easily.

With a sigh, Serena sat herself down in the compartment. She twiddled her thumbs and hoped that someone would stop by to make the ride go faster.

Blu had only been told about magic and hogwarts for 2 years now and could not be more excited than this very day, the day to catch the train. Everything he needed was brought and packed, he checked his list three times just to make sure that he wasn't forgetting anything behind for his new journey.

It was a couple hours drive by car to get to the train station, most the time in the car it was him and his mother singing a long to the radio and talking about what could happen and what he could see there and how this was a chance for him to express who he truly was, a wizard. They finally slowly pulled up and he could feel his heart pumping in his chest. he took a second to compose himself before he took a deep breath and got out of the car, not being able to contain the bright smile on his face.

They stood together for one last goodbye before he made his way to the platform and hat he saw before his eyes astounded him. the red train and a completely secret platform hidden from the world. This was magic!

The train blew smoke and he knew he had to get on quick before he missed it, lugging his stuff onto the train he breathed a sigh of relief as he had caught the train and not missed it like a moron. Now came the challenge of finding somewhere for him to sit. he went looking but everywhere seemed to be taken up by groups of people who were either already friends or just made friends so he didn't feel it was right to just barge in. However he came across some seats with only one girl there. He took a deep breath, bags in hand before knocking on the door "do you mind if i have a seat here?.."

Serena eventually stopped twiddling her thumbs and turned to look out the window. Watching the English countryside going past her window, Serena felt herself calming down from the stress of trying to make it to the platform on time. Next year, she was going to get up way earlier than she had today.

Serena continued to think about how everything was going to change today. She was going to be sorted into a house. Serena would admit that she had considered a couple of times as to what house she would be. She figured that she was either going to be in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Serena wasn’t particularly brave or cunning, so Gryffindor and Slytherin were out. She loved to learn, so Ravenclaw might be a good fit for her. But at the end of the day, Serena liked helping people and was loyal to the ones she loved. Hufflepuff seemed to be the best fit for her. However, Serena would have to wait and see what the sorting hat said.

Serena was pulled out of her thoughts by a knock on the door. She turned away from the window to see a boy with medium-length, brown hair, wearing black glasses standing in front of the doorway.

“Not at all! As you can see, there’s plenty of room…” Serena said with a smile. “My name’s Serena Bowen. What’s yours?”

Rose stood out on the platform. Her petite figure was lost in the thinning crowd, and the people around her seemed to avoid her. Rose looked around. Happy children with large smiles bid farewell to their parents, embarking on their exciting adventure.

Rose wasn't here for that. She wished that she did, but it wasn't possible. Losing her father had crippled her mother's sanity, and going to school was the only way to distract herself from her problems. Rose had planned this trip weeks before, researching ticket prices and bus routes. She had used up all her allowance and almost forgot her luggage on the bus. Nonetheless, she was here now.

Rose took a large breath in and walked towards the entrance of the train.

Upon entering, Rose decided for the best to go to the first booth she found, to avoid gawking spectators, asking about her small trunk. She turned to her right and found herself beside a boy with messy brown hair, and thick, black-framed glasses. She tapped him on the shoulder.

"Um..excuse me, but do you mind if I also sit here?"

Rose stood awkwardly and waited for the boy to answer, playing with her clothes. She hadn't been much of a talker back in the village where she came from, and it sure affected her when it came to communicating with others.

The book in her hand was something that she had prepared in case of this scenario. As if on command, the book dropped to the carpeted floor with a thump.

Rose♡

He smiled brightly as he had found somewhere to sit. Found a seat... now to make friends he thought as he walked only a couple steps before jumping slight to this girls voice as he turned around to see a girl as if who had funnily enough magically appeared from nowhere. chuckling to himself he mumbled "sorry for jumping.." as he looked down in embarrassment he saw the girls book and bent down picking it before standing and going to hand it to her. As he did he got a look as to what was written on there and looked up to her "nervous just like me huh?".

Smiling as she took the book he went and pushed his bags away for storage, holding his hand on the luggage before moving them away because o course it would just be his luck if everything fell. when he was sure he took his hands away and sighed in relief, sitting down on the well kept blue fabric seats, next to the girl he smiled and looked at lot calmer and less nervous than before "My names Blu Evergreen, its a pleasure to meet you" he held out his hand waiting for her to shake his back

Chezem's parents were amazing, they truly were, and he loved them dearly. But they had a habit of getting too sentimental about certain things, him going to Hogwarts being one of them. So there he was, rushing onto the platform in a frenzy to get to the train before it left the station because his mother and father had wasted time saying goodbye. He didn't even register in his mind that he didn't know anyone there and his shyness came out as he wandered down the long cars, eventually finding a compartment with three people inside. He gulped as he took a deep breath to steady himself and knocked on the door as he opened it. 

"Excuse me...um...would any of you mind if I sat in here?" He asked, his french accent slipping. The boy had lived in England since he was five but he couldn't quite shake the accent of the Parisians. The blonde fiddled with the sleeve of his green sweater, waiting for an answer. "Of course it's fine if someone else is already sitting in here with you..." Chezem mentally berated himself for his overwhelming shyness.

'Way to go, you dolt, how do you expect to make any friends or even get anywhere if you can't even form a coherent sentence and speak it without fear? Stupid, stupid, stupid!' He winced.

Chezem

Serena turned towards the boy who had sat next to her and smiled at him. "Nice to meet you too, Blu." She took his outstretched hand and shook his hand once before letting it go. “What are you most excited about at Hogwarts? Personally, I can’t wait to meet new people, and learning more about magic will be fun too.”

Serena then turned towards the door where a girl with brown, wavy hair and a bleach blonde-haired boy were standing. “Sure, both of you are welcome to come in!” Serena said with a smile.

Oh, but she wasn’t the only one in the compartment anymore. Her new compartment mate should get a say too. It was only fair. “If that’s okay with you, Blu?” She asked, looking into his turquoise eyes.

Secretly, she hoped that Blu would say it was okay for the two new students to join. Serena wanted to meet as many people as possible. But if Blu didn’t want any more people in the compartment, she would respect his decision. Although she would hate to turn the girl and boy away. Especially when there was clearly plenty of room in their compartment. Well, Serena would just have to cross that bridge when she got there. First, she would have to wait and see what Blu said.

Reducio
@Blu Evergreen @Rose Morgan @Chezem Balthazar

@Serena Bowen @Chezem Balthazar @Rose Morgan
He smiled as they shake hands, taking his hand back he smiled and relaxed into his seat looking out of the window for a seconded before turning to Serena as she asked the question. He thought for a second as he pondered the question before responding " Everything! But... if i had to narrow it down it'd have to be the same as you. If you don't have good friends then things will only ever be half as good"

Looking down and smiling as he quickly imagines what his years at Hogwarts would be like before looking up hearing her question. he looks at the girl and pushes up his glasses slightly and smiles "of course she can, the more the merrier!"
After the girl had come in and sat down Blu smiled and held his hand out to her "My names Blu Evergreen, what about you?"

She shook his hand and he smiled before looking out the window and seeing the world go by. Just as things had settle with the three a new boy appeared asking the same as both he and Rose had however you could tell that this boy was just as nervous as them to being with. Clearly knowing that there is more space Blu said "Of course!" he pointed to the free space and hopefully guessed the other two would be okay with this.

Finally this was the beginning of a new magical adventure, already making 2 new friends maybe 3 anything could happen. good and bad but he wanted to experience it all to try spells, make potions, walk around the castle and the town! But most of all he wanted to make friends, meaningful ones that would be there for life.

Chezem heaved a great, big sigh of relief as he sat down. "Thank you so much, I appreciate it." He said as smiled at them shyly. "Um...My name is Chezem. Chezem Balthazar. I-It's a pleasure to meet you all." He forced himself to say. "A-Are you all first-years too?" The poor boy was trying to distract himself from how much he already missed his parents and the rest of his family. This morning had been a whirlwind of hugs, kisses, and tears as he said goodbye to his family. A whole year away from them... He didn't know how he would cope.

The clock beside his bed rang out as it hit the time for the alarm to sound, waking up the child sleeping peacefully in his bed. He groaned as he woke up and the door to his room burst open, his mother stepping in. "Wakey wakey, Chezem, we need to get going. The train to Hogwarts leaves today and you must not miss it." Of course, they ended up being late anyway because his emotional mother and over-protective father giving him as many words of wisdom and advice as he possibly could,  it was his grandmother who finally ushered them out so they could make it before the train pulled out of the station.

Chezem

It was a beautiful day. Her and everybody else's luck had been great today since the sun was shining and the birds were singing. Summer thankfully hadn't lost its hold yet.

Rose felt quite a bit of joy when the boy with brown hair [named Blu] welcomed her into the compartment. Sadly, she had expected typical bullies who had pushed her around back in her old school.

She smiled and nodded in gratitude as she picked up her trunk and found her way to a velvety seat facing a pretty girl with two braids. Not even a minute later, a blonde boy knocked on the sliding door. He came in after the other two allowed him and sat beside her.

She knew how it felt to be in a new environment, and suspected that the boy must be scared half out of his wits. She paused and placed her book beside him.

Rose didn't wait for the boy, who had just introduced himself as Chezem, to take the book and extended her hand. She smiled, and scraped together just enough courage, and spoke.

"I-I'm Rose Morgan. Pleasure meeting you, Chezem."

She fiddled with the soft fabric she was wearing, hoping she wouldn't get rejected. She was afraid that this would become quite awkward if that happened.

Nonetheless, it would still be a beautiful day.
@Chezem Balthazar @Serena Bowen @Blu Evergreen

Rose♡

@Rose Morgan

Chezem sat down and noticed a girl sitting a book beside him before extending her hand to him and introducing herself as one Rose Morgan. "Um...It's a pleasure to meet you, Rose." He smiled shyly as he shook her hand. "AS I said, I'm Chezem. But you can call me anything really, be it Chez, Bal...and my parents call me Cheez-it." He said, laughing softly as a small blush tinted his cheeks. "Rose...Originally a Norman form of a Germanic name, which was composed of the elements hrod "fame" and heid "kind, sort, type". The Normans introduced it to England in the forms Roese and Rohese. From an early date, it was associated with the word for the fragrant flower rose, derived from Latin rosa." He said. "Sorry, I like studying names..." He said, smiling softly and shrugging his shoulders. "It's interesting finding out where each name comes from and the meaning behind it. Its all very fascinating. Are you excited to be going to Hogwarts?" He asked, finally addressing everyone in the car and feeling stupid for not even addressing them sooner, but he suppose he hadn't exactly come up with any conversation starters before this so...no harm, right?

Chezem

Rose didn't know she was smiling until she realized it too late. Chezem was a weird one like herself, but not in a bad way. His features just made Rose more curious about him.

"Cheez-it...what an interesting nickname," She sighed "I only wish I got one, but my name is WAY too short."

Chuckling, she looked at him. "Don't worry about the name thing. I'm..sort of on the weird side as well. I like to observe people. And take notes." She showed him her notebook.

Rose flipped open the book and the scent of burnt applewood and cinnamon came to her senses. She'd always loved the smell. It wasn't exactly as "attractive" as rosewater or lavender, but instead, it gave off a homely and comfortable feeling. This was why Rose treasured her notebook. It gave her a feeling of comfort.

She showed the boy her notes and drawings. They had been made on the train platform, so they weren't that long yet.

She turned around and spoke to Blu and the girl named Serena. It was a bit embarrassing, but it felt good to open up. Even Rose was surprised that she was this open. She usually wouldn't talk for over thirty seconds.

It must have been the people, she smiled.
@Chezem Balthazar

Rose♡

Chezem found himself drawn into the girl's, Rose her name was, explanation of how she liked to take notes, occasionally pulling himself to speak with Blu and the other girl. Had he gotten her name? He couldn't remember, he was so bad at remembering names, he remembered faces so much better than just plain old names. Sure he liked studying them, but he never remembered the actual name of a person. Usually, he had to assign a clue word in their name explanation to their personality to remember it. For instance, he could remember Rose because of the scent in her notebook. Cinnamon...It went well with Roses, so he could associate her name with that. Blu was pretty simple to remember because it was three letters and quite uncommon unless you were talking about the colour, in which case it was about as common as grass outside on a farm. He pulled out his own book and showed them his notes on Potions that he had taken since getting his textbook, excited about that particular class. Imagine! Being able to brew something that could cure a disease like it had with his mum when he was just a little boy. Well, littler.

Chezem

Serena nodded in agreement at Blu’s answer. “Yes, my dad always says that having a good support system can seriously change one’s life for the better.”

Serena couldn’t hide her smile when Blu said that he was alright with new people joining them. The brunette girl sat across from her and introduced herself as Rose. Serena had always thought that that name was lovely.

“Nice to meet you, Rose! I’m Serena.” She said with a little wave. Serena was about to ask Rose the same question she’d asked Blu when a knock was heard at the door once again. After everyone agreed to let the newcomer in, the bleach-blonde boy (say that five times fast…) entered the compartment and sat down, looking relieved.

“It’s no problem! Like Blu said, the more, the merrier! My name’s Serena Bowen. Pleased to meet you, Chezem.” The blonde girl said with a smile.

“Oh! And I’m a first-year, too!” She quickly added.

Serena’s eyes widened at Chezem’s knowledge about the origins of Rose’s name. “Whoa, that’s so cool! What got you interested in learning about names, if you don’t mind me asking?” She asked, tilting her head to the left.

Wait, was that rude to ask? No, it should be fine, right? It didn’t seem too personal, but maybe the reasoning behind his interest was. Gah, why did socializing have to be so tricky sometimes? And she had been doing so well, too! Serena took a couple of deep breaths as she reminded herself of what her mum had told her last night.

“As long as you have good intentions, you’ll be just fine, dear.”

Yes, as long as Serena had good intentions, everything would work out. She kept repeating the phrase over and over, her worries going away a little more each time.

@Blu Evergreen @Rose Morgan @Chezem Balthazar

"Serena. Derived from serene (calm, peaceful, tranquil), which is from the Latin serenus (clear, calm, exalted)." Chezem spouted off. "Oh, um, well I suppose I got interested in name meanings when I was about six maybe? I was getting bored waiting for my mum to finish helping a customer and I started chatting with this woman. She had a unique name and told me it meant Gods Light. She told me about the meaning behind my name and I suppose I just got hooked on the subject. I started looking up the names of every person I met, and my list just continued to keep growing and growing and growing. Its great fun learning a new name and meaning. My own name is Hebrew in origin." He said. "Sorry about rambling, but you asked and I guess I got a tad bit carried away..." He said, blushing and hiding behind his notebook. He was a shy person who couldn't shut up when he did get going and they had asked him about one of his very favourite hobbies. He was pleased as punch that the girl, Serena, had asked. Chezem loved sharing stories about names, it was always fun for him.

@Blu Evergreen   @Rose Morgan @Serena Bowen 

Chezem
  Back