Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

A Loners Acceptance/Platform 9 3/4.  Closed 

A Loners Acceptance/Platform 9 3/4.

Scene: Cumbria England

It was already six in the morning and it seemed the whole house was in a frantic mode of urgency. All the maids seemed to be running around carrying quills and odd and end things here and there. Lucky enough he had packed all his things neatly beforehand, so he got to escape from all the torture Sophia had to go through. Jason sighed a bit as he looked out of the window towards the village. Everyone still seemed to be sleeping besides some of the men who had the early morning jobs. Living with the muggles seemed to have its good points and also bad which his Uncle told him only a few know of them. The ones that did know had ties to the magical world, which made keeping everyone in check all the better. To the muggles, we were a rich family who fortunately my Uncle was the mayor of. Our family held this land for a while and has passed down the mayor's role to its heirs over time. Jason was more surprised his Uncle could live two different lives. However, it didn't matter, he was leaving for someplace new which he still hasn't gotten into his head yet.

After several minutes of staring out the window collecting his thoughts, Jason finally started to get dressed into his clothes making his way downstairs. He wore a regular black t-shirt, some light-colored jeans with black sneakers. He felt his attire seemed rather bland but, he was going into the muggle world on top of that he was going to get changed on the train no sense in getting fancy. As he finally made his way down the steps, he could hear his Uncle and Sophia speaking to each other about the trip up to London. Uncle Vincent noticed Jason at the corner of his eye and spoke gleefully. “I hope you have everything Jason..because after today you will be on your own. I placed a few galleons in your vault so you don't go crazy just owl me if you need anything.” He said with a smirk and a chuckle in his voice. But, not as soon as he finished speaking the grandfather clock started chiming. Which meant it was time to leave. “Okay, you lot its seven lets to go. Make sure you have all your things.” Uncle Vincent said with urgency in his voice. Jason didn't have time to think he just started gathering things as they were heading out. All he could see was the house he grew up in fade bit by bit as he kept walking further away from it into an all-black car. Jason thought to himself as the door to the black car closed and they started driving off into the distance. All Jason could see was his home growing smaller and smaller. By then the memories he had were now left behind to start something new somewhere else.

Several Hours Later

Scene: Kings Cross Station Platform 9 ¾

“Never understood how muggles did this sort of stuff. But, then again they don't have easy transportation can't draw too much attention to us.” Uncle Vincent said in a still cheerful voice. Jason watched the scenery change constantly until Kings Cross was on his site. His anxiety raging from the sheer fact that he will be somewhere different in the next couple of hours. “Jason.” Jason heard his name being called he was so out of touch with reality he didn't realize they had already stopped. He began to step out, the wind that was once calm came rushing by them which made his neat red hair all bushy again seemed he could never win with his hair. Jason was a very observant person, he tried mapping things, places, and people before he got into the train station he just felt out of place. But, like all the times before he seemed to be to lost in thought to pay attention to his Uncle speaking about Platform 9 ¾. Until it was time “So Jason...I will tell you one bit of advice its always good to have a running start. It is always scary the first time.” Jason heard those words towards the end and he already gave out a big sigh as if he was about to accomplish huge feet. He only had to...to late his Uncle had grabbed his carriage and him and began to walk briskly and then into a run. Sophia was right behind him giggling the whole time. While Jason seemed more and more concerned about the wall they were about to collide within their hurry. However, Uncle Vincent's smile made Jason believe in his Uncle and before he could blink he was in front of a massive black train. Kids his age was running around, you could see parents waving and crying watching their kids board and seat the train. Jason felt bodies collide with his “Jason we will miss you.” Uncle Vincent said Sophia nodded as well tears falling down her face. Jason smiled a bit. “I will miss you guys as well. Thank you, Uncle. Sophia, I will write to you as much as I can.” Sophia nodded in acceptance. Jason then began to take his things and head towards the train. [Maybe, this will be for the better.] He thought as he entered the train. He watched as the older kids and younger once bounce back and forth between cars. [Maybe this will be good for me.]

Word Count: 953
Last edited by Jason Snider on 3rd October 2019, 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive ones self.”

A Loners Acceptance/Platform 9 3/4.  Closed 

Seasons, that's what was on Marjorie's mind, the seasons. Summer was coming to as close, but it seemed like it was doing so as unhurriedly as possible, blasting them with heat one day and making them bring out the jackets and sweaters another. It would've been frustrating but Marjorie didn't mind this sort of change, something that felt so natural. Because even though every other witch and wizard her age would be going to Hogwarts it still felt like a dream.

Marjorie slid out of bed, right into her slippers. That was the only organized thing about her room, the placement of her footwear; her room looked like a post-war zone, right after everything was bombed. Clothes, shoes, books, even cages were strewn around the room like it was some attic to discard things, only it was Marjorie's bedroom.

And her room was the only messy place in the entire house. Her parents insisted on keeping things orderly and it's right place and although they constantly told her to clean it, she somehow only ended up picking up a few articles of clothing and then a book, which she'd go off into some corner to read. Sometimes she wondered if she'd ever change when she reached adulthood, or even when she became a teenager.

“MARJORIE ANNELISE SKELTON?”

She flinched at the sound but immediately rushed over to the door, flinging it open without hesitation. Before she could even begin, her mother said, “And you better not be running through my halls.”

“Yes, mother,” she sighed, but she still raced to the stairwell, only on her tip-toes to mute the sound.

She would've slided down the banister but her mother was right there so she she used it instead to stop herself from tumbling down the stairs.

“Good morning,” Marjorie chimed as she descended. Mrs. Skelton gave her a hard look before embracing her when she reached the first level.

“Morning. I expect that you've had a good rest?” Before she could answer, she continued. “Good, good. Breakfast, let's get on with it.”

Marjorie followed her mother into the kitchen. As the walked, she looked around the house, something she never really did before. It was triggered by the notion that she wouldn't see it for a very long while. It was different than being in private school, where she was allowed to visit every weekend and holiday because at Hogwarts the next time she'd be able to come back was in Christmas, if she remembered correctly. And she realized that she would really miss them.

Her mother didn't notice the change in her daughter's mood because just then her husband came in, holding up a letter.

Looking over his glasses, he studied it before saying aloud, “Do you know about this yet, Delaney?”

Her mother sighed and came over, taking the letter gently from her husband. Her mother was the wiser of the two, in Marjorie's opinion, but she respected her father for many different reasons, like this:

Turning to his daughter, Mr. Skelton asked, his lips hinting a smile, “Off to prison, are we?”

“It's not prison,” said Marjorie and her mother simultaneously. Only Marjorie feigned annoyance, because she truly believed it would be like prison, just with a larger variety of people like her.

Marjorie made herself a bowl of cereal as her parents went back and forth about 'setting the right idea for a new environment' and then onto a topic of business, concerning the letter before them.

The young witch's mind began to wander, thinking about her new wand, her new school, the new friend she'd be making, just everything concerning Hogwarts. Was she even ready for her first year? She sure hoped so.

Not that she doubted herself.

Marjorie Skelton arrived in her mother's red Odyssey, something that she used to in order to blend in with the muggles, like when she went to private school. It made her nostalgic, especially with the stack of suitcases in the trunk, but she kept sipping her orange juice, trying to drown out the memories.

The only person who was talking was her father, who was on half-reading and half-ranting about an intern who was 'utterly useless' and 'dumber than a doorknob'. It made Marjorie snort but she quieted after a look from her mother. They were giving each the silent treatment over an argument back home because of her choice of clothing. Honestly she couldn't understand what was the big deal of clothing, they were just for protecting the body. Her mother never liked her style, calling it 'grungey' and 'dark', something that didn't represent the Skeltons.

It very much does though, she thought, considering her outfit. She wore a black and white turtleneck, straight for black jeans with bottoms cuffed, a black jacket with a white hood, and long socks inside a pair of white checkered sneakers. She would put on her black robe eventually but she didn't feel like it now, not at all.

“Greetje...” Marjorie pursed her lips and looked up slowly, but then her eyes darted to the view before her: the train station.

Minutes later, after parking, grabbing luggage, and making their way to the barrier, Marjorie was rushing through the wall, suddenly standing in Platform 9¾. She grinned, spinning around slowly. She had never before, not even for the practice, like her mother had advised. Although she had worried about bashing her face in while running through, she had been looking forward to the experience, something she'd never go through ever again: her first day of magic school.

She pushed her cart to the side, noticing painfully how empty it was of pets compared to a lot of the other students. She wished that she could've brought her gerbils but she couldn't, she had to wait to purchase an owl, cat, or road after at least her first semester of school.

Marjorie turned to her parents, chuckling as her mother tried to shush her father, who was still ranting. They tried to say some sad things concerning goodbyes but she just rushed over and hugged them, hard as she could. She felt her mother shake a little, which made her look up in alarm, but her mother had already gathered composure.

“We love you dearly,” murmured her father. “Get all O's and the House Goblets.”

“It's House Cups—honestly, and I haven't been to the school yet—”

Marjorie laughed and talked with them for a bit before they said their goodbyes again. She grabbed her things and headed over to the bright red Express. From afar it looked like seeing from a screen but the smells and being in the steam felt so real, it just made her smile.

She hopped onto the train, pulling on her robe at the same time. Her jacket made it buldge but she decided that it was a good thing, since she was so small and boney.

She was so intent on seeing the students hat she didn't notice the one right in front of her. She bumped into him and gasped, saying, “Oh—sorry! I should've been looking...” Her cheeks turned pink.

Marjorie winced; she didn't want to start of school making a buffoon of herself. She swallowed, hopefully not loudly, and straightened her posture. “I'm Marjorie. I'm starting my first year—what about you?”

Reducio