Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

Magic is Weird but People are Weirder  Closed 

So Liz was having a bit of a strange moment.

For almost all of her life, Liz had been fed the wondrous tales of her two older siblings at Hogwarts. Her dad couldn't use magic and for all of their tomfoolery, her siblings didn't break the rules regarding wand usage, so all she had to go off of was fantasies and the occasional strange occurance. She'd always had a strange relationship with magic; it was so important her family moved countries to go to her mother's alma mater to learn it, and yet she never got to actually see it!

And yet here she was, Platform Nine and Three Quarters. Where you go from the boring old muggle world through a magic wall to a place filled to the brim with magic. Magical school supplies, wands in every pocket, owls in cages, cool looking cats- wizards, everywhere you look! It was exciting, incredibly surreal, and it was almost everything she could've wished for!

But of course, reality tended to be just a bit disappointing. Because her siblings had left her with nothing more than a noogie, before racing to a car with their friends in an attempt to try and get her to make her own friends. Which, first of all, fair. And, second, she needed to find a spell, potion or something so she'd be taller! One day, the noogied will become the noogie- er? She was still working on that.

With a sigh, Liz pulled her bags closer to her, halfheartedly blowing the bangs out of her face. She was hesitant to board the train, since weren't you supposed to go on with some friends? It'd be awkward to go in alone, but it's also awkward to just stand there on the platform when the train's right there and everything-

This was all too confusing and Liz just wanted to do magic things already.
Last edited by Arc Perscivious on 18th October 2019, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Inactive for 1 month

Friendly neighborhood gremlin here to accidentally end the world probably.

Howard passed through the portal from King’s Cross Station onto Platform 9 & 3/4. The Platform was always a place of mixed emotion. First timers usually stood rooted in a mix of anticipation and anxiety. Some rising to the occasion, some crumbling under the pressure as they prepared to bid their loved ones a good bye. For others, especially those of Howard’s age, it would be excitement that filled their bellies. For Howard himself, it would be resentment and anger. The weeks leading up to this moment had been nothing but arguments and shouting matches. Even as he walked towards the Scarlett train he still didn’t fully understand why Morgantha was sending him back.

His state of dress was a bit unusual. He wore a wide brimmed hat, sunglasses and a long black trench coat that covered a simple shirt and trousers. To the Muggle world he had just left behind, most would assume he was just an edgy teen going through some goth phase, but the truth was a bit more involved. Covering his pale and delicate skin was a necessity during the day, as was hiding his blood red irises from the eyes of those who would not understand. As much as he he didn’t want to leave his creator’s side, returning to the magical world did have its benefits. At the very least, he didn’t have to hide what he was. 

Howard paused for a moment to open his trunk and remove his coat and hat. Stowing them neatly inside his luggage, he would then don the robes he had become so accustomed to wearing. With a swift movement he flicked the hood up and over his head. He moved towards the train. Before him a couple of what appeared to be older students left a young girl in their wake, their parting gift a noogie. Howard stood behind her as she drew her bags close and became lost in a moment of contemplation.

“It’s only a train.” He spoke softly over her shoulder, his voice a bit raspy. If she turned to see who it was she would be met with a face as pale as a ghost, his bright red eyes would meet her green. “It’s time to board.”

Stamina: 10 / Evasion: 6 / Strength: 12 / Wisdom: 0 / Arcane Power: 0 / Accuracy: 12

"Ack!" Liz jumped a little, whipping around to face the person talking to her. "Oh uh, hi there! I uh- um- yeah the train! Just a train. I'm fine, just taking it all in I guess? Yeah! That!"

The girl seemed to talk on autopilot, a strange mix of nervous and genuine energy. She did a second take on the person behind her, sparks of wonder set alight in her eyes. "Are red eyes a wizardy thing I wasn't told about? Whoa, that's super cool! I wish I had a funkier looking eye color, but green isn't bad either I guess. Wait, that's not how you're supposed to start conversations-is it? Not sure, not like there's any rules set in stone."

Liz scrunched up her face a bit, a bit frustrated at herself. This is how it's supposed to go, right? Whole lot of worrying for nothing I guess. Okay, I got this. I got this! The world's only as bad as you make it, right? Just need to stop standing here- After a bit of an awkward pause, Liz gives the boy a thumbs up. "Hi! Gonna hop on the train, thanks for reminding me about it and stuffs. Is that a sentence? No idea. Bye!"

Without another moment's hesitation, she was off with her bags in tow to try and find some other people her age in the train. She still had no idea what she was doing quite honestly, but at least she was confident in not knowing!

Friendly neighborhood gremlin here to accidentally end the world probably.

Brielle bit her lip as she turned back to look at her mother, a disapproving glare plastered across her face. All because Brielle picked Hogwarts over Illvermorny. It hadn't been her fault she favored the Draco storyline than some lousy knockoff at some other school. As her mother's beautiful face shifted, it now formed a smile, a sincere one at least. And with that Brielle headed on the train.

She hadn't been nervous to sit with others on the train. She simply envisioned finding a booth and sitting down without a word. There was no point in asking to sit somewhere, because the train hadn't been run by the students she asked, therefore they didn't make the rules of where one can be seated. It didn't matter anyway, because she had found an open booth all to herself anyway. As she delicatley sat down, Brielle pulled out a book on Greek Mythology. It would be an understatement to say she loved to topic. She adored it, for that matter. Something about the goddesses and their roles gave Brielle a warm feeling. She often compared herself to Aphrodite. A beautiful, elegant woman with a knack for reading, and all things perfect. Maybe comparing herself to the Greek goddess of Beauty was an exaggeration, though she does resemble some goddess like characteristics.

As Brielle just then turned the page of her novel, she heard a creak, and the sliding of the screen door to her booth.

Brielle Gray ゚・:*。(ꈍᴗꈍ)ε`*)~。*:・゚
Proudly Veela
Strength: 5 Evasion: 5 Stamina: 4 Wisdom: 5 Arcane Power: 5 Accuracy: 6

Rose slid the thick wooden doors open, to see a beautiful witch already in the booth. The girl had beautiful white hair and pale skin. She looked like she belonged in society, not just in it, unlike Rose.

Rose's face heated up in embarrassment since she didn't know someone was already in it. The pretty girl stared at her with a somewhat emotionless face.

"Well? Are you going to sit or..?" The girl asked.

Rose's heart pounded hard against her chest since she was used to being ignored. She was always the invisible one, the person in the background. But this time, Rose was having an actual interaction with someone else. And she had no idea what to say.

"Um..ok..thanks, I-I mean, thank y-you. I mean! I'm n-not ungrateful or anything. S-Sorry."

Rose cringed. This had gone way better in her head. She decided to stay since she had already spent so much time in the booth. It was obviously too late to back out. She grabbed her trunk and placed it beside her seat and plopped down. Then she stood up again.

"A-Actually! I have to g-go to the washroom!" Rose blabbered.

Rose quickly stumbled out of the booth, but abruptly bumped into someone...
Last edited by Rose Morgan on 17th September 2019, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rose♡

It was a girl, a pretty girl for that matter. Her long blonde hair flowed over her shoulders messily, yet intricately. Brielle had half expected the fellow first year to be snarky, or pretentious, yet she seemed nervous, as if she was intimidated by Brielle.

"Well are you going to sit or not?" She questioned, her eyebrow raised. It wasn't like Brielle was going to tell her 'no she cant sit here.' Sure, she didn't have the most welcoming facade, but was it really that distinguishable that she was a mean girl?

She certainly is not, rather just a girl with a sharp attitude. She could be just as nice as a Hufflepuff when she wanted to, others just didn't see that part of her. The girl then replied with a shaky apology, an apology that wasn't even needed really. She hadn't done anything wrong, at least not yet. As the timid girl placed down her trunk, she immediately shot up again. "A-Actually! I have to g-go to the washroom." She said, her tone seeming way more eager than it should have been. Brielle sighed and shook her head, pushing a strand of white curled hair from her face.

She just didn't understand why people felt uncomfortable talking to her.

Brielle Gray ゚・:*。(ꈍᴗꈍ)ε`*)~。*:・゚
Proudly Veela
Strength: 5 Evasion: 5 Stamina: 4 Wisdom: 5 Arcane Power: 5 Accuracy: 6