Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

Tackled first thing  open   Finished 

Standing by the big red locomotive, his father right beside him, William couldn't help but let a small smile play on his lips. The pure honest smile of wonder of a young eleven years old. He wasn't as scared as he should at the prospect of being alone, without mom or dad. It wasn't the first time and it really wouldn't be that long. And he wasn't as bothered by the crowd or the other child as he thought he would. The only thing he lived for was the sheer excitement of entering this world. He tried not showing it but it was hard.

Smoke billowed and teens yelled at each other over the mass of old and new students. His father squeezed his shoulder and William pressed himself on his side in a weird, as close to a hug, embrace as they both could bring themselves to.

Almost immediately, they slowly detangled from each other and made their way through the dense crowd on the platform. As they got closer to the train, the crowd pressed on William and his father. It encased them in a little cocoon of loud sounds and bodies. The little boy took his father's hand, something he hadn't done in years. There was no way he would get lost, not on this day were everything was strange and new. They soon got out of the thickest part of the crowd, stopping immediately by a ringing sound.

His father answered in no time, excusing himself a second to wish him a good year. William exchanged the hand holding his father and shook it like his parents showed him. It was a kind of tradition. No hug goodbye or teary-eyed salutation, only a good handshake and a short, to the point, greetings. He liked it like that, but he was alone now, for real. With this ginormous body of students he didn't know. He started for the train avoiding as much people as he could. Fortunately he wasn't far from a wagon. Unfortunately, he collided harshly with something or someone, falling on his butt.

@William Dubois

Elizabeth's father had just left her in a very emotional goodbye, after all, this was the first time she would be leaving home for such a long time. Her father was everything to her, so as she was making her way to a wagon to put her extremely heavy trunk on, something, or rather someone, collided with her.

Elzabeth gasped, falling over at the sudden impact. Her very heavy trunk fell down right beside her. It took a lot to get that trunk up and moving but now it was back to square one.

Heat rose to her cheeks as she rushed back to her feet, looking at who she had clashed with. "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" She didn't really know who's fault it was but at the moment she didn't really care.

All of the things she was going to carry on the train were on the floor, so she scrambled to pick them up before they had gotten trampled. Her long hair was falling in her face, making it hard for her to see but she didn't have time to push it away in her scamble for her things.

Elzabeth looked back to the boy, holding out her hand for him to take. Although he was probably much taller than her, she felt it were appropriate.

E. Gillan

The young boy was slightly dazed from the impact and his butt was sore from the fall. He shook himself, ready to give his best glare to whomever had been in his way. A young girl should have been the receiving end but blond hair got his glare instead. A quick sorry with an inquiry about his well-being was thrown his way. She was polite at least. His feature softened imperceptly. A small scoff made his way through his lips before he answered.

-Of course I'm okay. How are you?

William knew it was a pointless question, she was already up and about. But pointless also meant polite. Without waiting for an answer, the young boy dusted himself. Falling was not an excuse to be dirty in any situation. First impression were everything and today, right now was the first of many firsts.

All around him were some personnal effects. None of his since he had secured his bag as it should, but most likely the girl. She was picking them up, her hair getting in her way. Not a second later, she turned around and thrusted her hand. William took it and stood up. She was slightly smaller than him. He locked his hazel eyes into her emerald one and let a smile grace his face. Neither warm or cold, but enough to put her at ease. Or so he hoped. He shook their conjoined hands like he greeted a business partner and said:

- William Dubois. Nice to meet you. Having any problems with your bags?

@William Dubois

It was obvious to Elzabeth that this boy was a bit more formal which was new to the young girl, not many kids her age acted like that from where she was from. Most of them screamed cheese touch as they poked you and ran away with their fingers crossed, Elzabeth had the cheese touch for at least a month before she gave it to a poor boy picking his nose in the corner of the classroom.

He took her hand and held it in a grip that reminded her of her fathers. Williams smile seemed formal as did the rest of him, the thought put a small smile on her lips. "Nice to meet you William Dubois, my names Elzabeth Gillian." Elzabeth put on more of a formal English accent, teasing the boy a bit. She shook his hand and looked back down at her trunk.

"It's just a bit heavy, I can get it though." Elzabeth hated when people thought she couldn't do something because she was tiny, which was probably why she didn't ask her father to enchant it before they had said goodbye.

Elzabeth turned to her trunk, letting out a huff of air before lifting it up into her already full hands. She looked a bit ridiculous with everything in her hands, especially since she was only lifting it an inch above the floor.

E. Gillan

His expression soured a little bit when the girl answered back with a mocking formal accent. He didn't really sound like that, didn't he? Too annoyed by her false accent, William barely caught her name. Elzabeth, not Elizabeth as he though he heard. Elzabeth, a cute, out-of the ordinary name for sure. He rolled it on his tongue a few times, whispering not to sound weird. He then even tried it in french, making sure every sound was like he remembered from his early childhood.

She had followed up with her ability to carry her trunk on her own, but William seriously doubt it. Her arms seemed already full and her trunk didn't have wheels, unlike his. He carefully shouldered his own small backpack for the train ride and took his wheeled suitcase before strolling besides the obviously struggling blond. He snatched one bag from her hands putting it on his trunk. He didn't even think about picking her trunk. Those were heavy enough on their own, hauling two was akin to suicide for his poor frame. He smirked, made sure the additional bag wouldn't fall and let out a small huff.

- I'll take that. Your hands looked awfully full to carry that trunk of yours, don't you think? Now you can show us how you carry that weight without help, no?

He looked one last time toward her and started walking to the Hogwart Express, not wishing to be any later.

@William Dubois

Elzabeth watched as he muttered her name, she smiled but didn't say anything about it, after all this wasn't the first time nor will it be the last time someone had issues with it.

Just as she opened her mouth William had taken one of her bags, putting it on his trunk. She was taken aback by the boy's movements, but now that the bag was gone, it was taking off some considerable amount of weight from her arms. Although she didn't have to lift as much, it was still a struggle to put her trunk up.

The boy's comment didn't help either, it only reminded Elzabeth how strange this boy was. Elzabeth looked back after putting her Trunk away, only to see William walking in the opposite direction towards one of the train doors.

"Well." Elzabeth let out a huff of air, walking towards him. "I don't suppose you have someone to sit with?" Elzabeth called out. She knew she was probably being annoying but the last thing she wanted was to have to sit with a group of people who she didn't know, there was nothing worse in her book.

She dodged people as she went to catch up with William, not wanting a repeat of earlier, it was already embarrassing enough.

Elzabeth was a bit awkward if you couldn't already tell, so meeting new people was hard for her.

E. Gillan

@Elzabeth Gillan

William looked behind him to see Elzabeth hurrying after him. She called out behind him:
- I don't suppose you have someone to sit with?

At that moment, his actions hit the young boy like a train, making him loose his composure. He stopped and turned toward the girl letting out a small "Oh! Well..." He had just basically stolen someone's luggage! Was it normal? Was it ok? And true, he would've ultimately sat alone or in silence for the whole train ride, but was it a good reason? She looked like good company, unlike some others he had passed by fortunately. Or maybe she was just pitying his, he figured, poor attempt to help her, but this was his chance to make his first friend his age. Waiting for her, he recomposed himself before he answered back.

- Well... no, and I guess we could sit together if it won't cause you any problems. Wouldn't want... any of your friends to miss you.

William laughed nervously. How could a simple question turned him like this. Adults couldn't make him sway with their personal questions ( What was their problems?), but he was truly pathetic with people his age. He glanced at the few feet separating him from his transport to Hogwarts, his new adventure. Turning around, he added for his new friend, if he dared say so:

- Are you coming? It would do no good to be late.

Elzabeths grin spread into a full-on smile, she was happy she wouldn't have to sit alone on this long ride to the school.

She started to walk with him, a little more bounce in her step. "What do you think will be the hardest part of all of this?" She asked, gesturing around her. This would be the longest time away from home Elzabeth had ever spent, and it kinda scared her.

"I think leaving my parents might be hard, especially my dad." Her mind wandered to the exchange from before, how sad and proud he looked at the same time. She was insanely close with her dad, he was always the one that would let her watch movies past her bedtime or give her candy when she wasn't really supposed to have. Now she had to get used to him not being there for her.

"I'll send them letters though, my dad would probably send a howler if I don't." The smile from before resurfaced and she shook her head. "If not my dad then my mom, she doesn't really understand this part of the world but she's adapting." Elzabeth shrugged, her mom didn't really want her to go to Hogwarts, especially after she found out she would be away for most of the year.

Elzabeth stopped talking, fearing she was rambling, and instead looked up at William to see if he was going to respond.

@William Dubois

E. Gillan

A big smile appeared on her face and William knew he didn't mess it up. As they walk side by side, William a little lighter than before, she started to talk. How she thought leaving her parents would be hard and that she would write letters. The young boy had understood her speech until she mentioned the... howler? Yes, that was it. A magical thing he guessed. Not something he was entirely familiar with unlike his new friend who looked pretty at ease. He had so much to learn and she would be his first source of information from this whole new world.

She turned toward him. Figuring she wanted the young boy to answer, he thought a little about it. What would be the hardest? Not leaving his parents, he had lived without them for long months at a time. Learning new things shouldn't be to hard too. It was an added bonus in his book. No, he knew exactly what would be the hardest first of this new school year.

-I would say...making friends. I've never been to school before. Never had the chance to make any friends before. It's all new for me. Let's just say I might not be as bad as I thought I would. He smiled at her, for the first time letting the gratitude leak through. It'll be my first year without a private tutor too and I can assure you a class full of noisy people is not something I'm thrilled for.

He took a deep breath. Elzabeth put him at ease. He didn't want to be as closed off with her as he was to others. He earnestly shook his head. Was it what it was like having friends?

-I... am not familiar with the wizarding world you see, could you tell me a little about it in the train?

They had finally arrived to a wagon. He took the first step then hung on the handrail. He flashed his new friend a smirk before disappearing in the big red wagon.

Elzabeth had realized her mistake after he had revealed he didn't know much about this world, she had brought up the whole howler situation as though it were a normal thing.

"I would love to help, though I have to warn you, some of this is new to me too. I'm a half-blood." She admitted, shrugging. It was obvious William was from a wealthy family, especially after he had brought up the whole tutor thing.

She had gone to public school, with kids her age since she could remember. A part of her was excited to rid herself of that side of the world, those kids were mean and would oftentimes make fun of her.

Although William was obviously different, Elzabeth didn't mind, in fact, she was more intrigued by him if anything.

"Once we get a seat I'll tell you what I know, hopefully, I'll be of some help." She nodded. Once they had reached the wagon and he had gone in, a smirk playing on his lips, Elzabeth knew this ride to Hogwarts would be fun. William already seemed to be warming up to her and she would be lying if she told you she wasn't already warming up to him.

Reducio
OOC: Would you like to continue this on the Hogwarts express? I can start up a threat there if you would like, that way it makes sense location wise.

E. Gillan

OOC: Yes I'd like to continue it on the hogwarts Express. You can start the thead and I'll follow up.

Reducio
OOC: Post has been made, you can find it here!
@William Dubois

E. Gillan