Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

Off tae a whole 'nother world full o' magic an beasties.
A flutter of wings was all it took to change the entire fabric of her life, the soft beat of feathers on open air ferrying news of an entirely different sort than was what once counted as normal. Her summer consisted of running through the woods with a book in her hand and muddy trainers on her feet, wasting the time in the crook of one of the taller trees surrounding Lake Ness. How do you go from reading fiction about a magical sword wielder and her grand adventure, to a reality where she was the Witch? It was a jarring contrast from a life filled with relative solitude and independence due to her parent's busy lives, a life that until the moment that barn owl had landed in front of her in the field of flowers had been painfully mundane. Julie still had trouble rectifying all of this new information, her excitement growing in tandem with the mounting anxiety about the truth of what the letter had contained. 'I'm a bloody Witch!'

Fingers twitching nervously touched the handle of her new wand hidden in her pocket as she waited outside the door to the train station with her Mum, Julie's blue eyes darting from one place to another as she watched the people filing in past her. Were there other Witches and Wizards hidden among the throng? Occasionally she would glimpse a trunk that was of similar make to hers, the flash of an owl in a cage alongside a menagerie of other animals prepped for transport, and she leaned up on tip toe to peer over taller heads to see. "Ye comin', ya dozy wee kitten?" Her mother's soft voice hummed at her from past her ear, and Julie's blue eyes snapped to find her standing a little inside the doorway, getting lightly tousled by those filing past her. A wide smile spread across the girl's face as she looked at her Mum, dark red hair askew in a bun and her work clothes still on from her last shift at Aldi. It was odd to think this was the last time she'd see her mother until the summer, and she bolted forward, pushing her trolley excitedly towards the door and nearly clipping the edge. A chuckle and a steering hand came from her mother as they wound their way inside.

Her letter had come via owl post to tell her about all she'd need for school supplies and where to go, but out of a surprising event it was her Father who had sent the return owl as neither she nor her mother had any idea how to go about coaxing an owl from the treeline to carry a letter to who-knows-where Hogwarts. He had seemed unsurprised, even a little disappointed when she'd told him all about how all the strange things she could do were really just her being a magical being. He had written down exactly how to get to platform 93/4 and had outright refused to accompany them to the station, not that Julie expected much excitement or grandeur from her father of all people. She had still been a little let down when she'd awoken that morning to find him already gone off for the day. She had resigned herself to making her breakfast as she always did, but she'd gone downstairs to find her mother making her favorite meal in the whole world: Apple bangers and mash and everything suddenly seemed as though it was going to be perfect.

Perfect it had been, she and her mother had managed to shove the trunk into the back seat of her Mum's car, sang loudly out of tune to every song that came on the radio, and boarded the plane to London without a care in the world. Now as they wound through the bustling throng of people in the station the nerves started to wittle into her good mood, making her antsy and active as she skipped after her mother. That had been the first time that she and her mother had the time to really talk at length, free from work and school and needless of any sleep that often kept them distant out of necessity. It was an amazing feeling, and as her mother dragged her via the trolley she kept a firm grasp on through the passage into Platform 93/4, it only got even better. Dozens of folks of all sorts and sizes were scrambling around a giant scarlet engine, the scent of coalfire making her nose scrunch up as her eyes darted from one magical face to another. It was a beautiful thing, seeing who she now clearly understood were witches and wizards of all ages, though it was the many colors and kinds of cats and owls that attracted her attention the most. Julie always had an addiction to carnivorous animals.

Time finally came that she was to board the train, and the goodbye to her mother seemed altogether too short and too long, her mind already reeling with all the things there was to read sitting cozily in her trunk that second. She wanted to tuck into the A History of Magic again, her allosaurus bookmark settling on a particular page that she was dying to finish off. She yanked her trunk, somehow flawlessly, into an empty compartment of her own and with some mild to severe grunting got it posted up onto the rack and fished the book from the top of the pile. She removed her black jumper, deciding to defer to the grey and black striped longsleeve she had on rather than overheating beneath it, and folded it neatly back into her trunk before she fastened it closed. With a thump, she landed back on the padded bench that was to be her traveling arrangements on her journey to the biggest portion of the land unknown, a wide excited smile on her face that sparkled in the dark depths of her blue eyes. She was ready for this, for this wild adventure of magic and sorting out who and what she really was, for all the things she would learn and most importantly of all: Was Nessie actually bloody real? She leaned against the padded back of the compartment, folding one black-jeaned leg over the other to prop the book open, taking the dinosaur bookmark from her page and sticking it into her mouth, beginning to read.

An I'm supposed ta know how to use this wee wand?

@Arthur Kirkstone | Julie rolled a 4 - Nothing bad happened!
Last edited by Tatiana Crane on 2nd September 2019, 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: changed to rp :)

Stamina : 5 | Evasion : 4 | Strength : 3 | Wisdom : 8 | Arcane Power : 8 | Accuracy : 7
Julie is Clumsy, I roll a dice to see if she drops things/falls over. This does not apply to Quidditch.

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

A new change of action

Arthur received his letter by owl to tell him about all he'd need for school supplies and where to go. His family were so ecstatic, preparing to take him to Diagon Alley that very day. Although the feeling did make him a little unsure - he was happy. His grandmother brought him a pair of cotton gloves to congratulate him, as something to wear in the cold months staying at Hogwarts.

When it was just a few measly little hours to get ready to head off he pondered on what he was about to leave: Alfredo, his truest friend that he could trust, his parents who guided him with all his fears, joy or his stronger emotions. Arthur decided to forget the thought by plucking out his book , Quintessence: A Quest, his grandmother had given him for his first case of accidental magic where he made door frames of some stores in Diagon Ally swell up because when his Grandmother was talking about a magical telescope she was going to have replaced for her friend a half-giant, they still faced difficulty entering stores since they made doorframes shorter, this was completely unfair in Arthur’s mind. The book was still quite difficult to understand, he’d hope that when he started to learn at Hogwarts it would get easier.
Deep in thought, looking at every word as if it had the significance to change his life, Arthur’s mind drifted to the thought of his wand. 25,3 cm poplar wood and rougarou hair. It seemed liked when it chose him, it couldn’t decide whether it truly liked him or not. Perhaps it would take a while to truly understand his wand, or maybe not Arthur couldn’t really tell. But his thinking was disrupted by the call of his grandmother that he had to get ready to go to Hogwarts.

Speaking of his grandmother, she had volunteered to accompany him on to the platform, which he was very glad she had done. His father couldn’t manage to get time of work as he had to deal with another serious inquiry and his mother was quite too scared when his Grandmother explained that running face fast into a wall was particularly normal, so she had stayed to wait outside. Giving him a full embraced and mentioned about trying to keep in contact, even if it was with those ‘ruddy owls’. Arthur laughed at that, his mother was rather unsure what to make with the owl that had his letter, it wasn’t like his father’s ministry owls, it had looked like it was pulled from underneath a bed and tried to be cleaned in a washing machine. His mother at first though it was adorable, seeing if she could feed it but the strange little owl just gave a shriek, nipping at her finger. So, she did what she did best, lecture the poor thing who was looking hilariously confused as she talked about its manners and its mother.
As he and his grandmother walked through, Arthur couldn't take his eyes off the train as he strides down through the platform, full of a strange shining bright feeling in his heart, this feeling totally discombobulated Arthur. His grandmother was chattering excitedly, she was far more excited for him than he was. His messy hair blew into his face which he had to shake out. She talked about ‘looking out for that wonderful squid, please tell him I said hello dear’ or a rather peculiar ‘you should try, as your main goal to make the teachers confused yet proud of your existence, they did so when I was a child, It was fantastic watching them cry with horror as I transfigured my owl into a terrifying little beast. I kinda thought he was cute and all with those sharp long teeth.’ She came to a slow holt, looking proud of that little moment.

He turned to his grandmother, who gave him a gentle smile, and pulled him over to the side to talk to him.Arthur gave a very long sigh, before looking at his grandmother, barley whispering.
What if it’ll never change, what if I’m going to be worse now? I mean sure Slytherin is now a well-recognised house for the better, father would be rather annoyed just because of one trait I wouldn’t be in his house” Arthur had little emotion seep through then, forgetting for the moment people could be hearing him or watching him. His grandmother gave him a small hug, looking at him with eyes of love he never had understood before, “My dear Grandson, I have faith in you that no matter what house you’ll enter you with find who you are, those houses are set not just to test what you are now but what you will become as those traits are what you’ll need. Your father, no matter his stubbornness would be proud, so would your mother and always myself. Look before you hop on that train, take this advice, I think you know where it is from: ‘Being Brave isn’t the absence of your fears. It is having that fear but finding a way through’-Arthur enjoy going to Hogwarts, it’ll be the one experience incapable of being forgotten even at my age ”she laughed and ushered him to wards the train, a last hug and he hopped on the train with his trunk to find a compartment he could sit in. He hoped he could at least try to come out of his shell and talk to people, it wasn’t going to be easy for he used to hardly trust Alfredo and it took 5 years for him to become close enough.

The Hogwarts Express moved forward, and the station disappeared behind, he had just managed to slip his grandmother a small smile and a wave. It wasn’t even an experience that lead him to not trust people and be far too secretive. He just found people… too reliant on knowing people rather than understanding them. Arthur knows it well enough, so does his family and so had Alfredo that this way that Arthur just seems to be, secretive. Arthur tried to trace where it began but with no success to find a solution either. What puzzled him the most was that his grandmother somehow seemed to understand more than he did, especially with what he truly felt when people tried to get to know him. This secretive behaviour seemed to control him for most of his young childhood.

Arthur looked for a random compartment, with a grim look in his eyes. He saw a compartment which had two students having a small discussion so he walked on not wanting to know if they would be welcoming. Oh, he must at least try. Until he walked pass a girl who was deep in reading a book, she seemed absorbed in it and there where no other student in the compartment. So, he knocked on the door and slid it open.

Excuse me, may I sit here, many of the other compartments are full,” he asked in what he hoped would be a nicer voice than he usually would put on.

Was he looking forward to going to Hogwarts? Absolutely. However, was he looking forward to every aspect of the next following year? He was unsure. He had one feeling that afterall his worries, he knew all secrets revel themselves eventually.

A.Kirkstone

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

The origin of magic was a particularly engrossing chapter, the concept of a world before magic far more familiar to the first year than the prologue's dictation. So many theories and ideas built the foundation for the magical world that it absolutely fascinated her, it was just as nuanced as the theory of humankind's conception and rise to sentience. Pink lips worried at the laminated bookmark pinned between them, brows furrowed slightly as she focused in on the words bouncing across the page before her, a small smile tugging at the side of her mouth as she was doing what she loved most: Learning. The train had begun to move, and the young girl jumped slightly as it jostled off, not yet used to how trains themselves rode to action, blue eyes flitting briefly to the window to watch the station roll away and the cluttered vision of London fade to the open expanse of the British countryside. Her attention returned to the book as her curiosities nagged at her insides again, absorbing her completely for a while.

“Excuse me, may I sit here, many of the other compartments are full,”

For a second Julie didn't notice that someone had knocked onto the compartment door, and it was only when the boy's voice filled into the partition that she noticed that anyone outside of the origins of the magical world existed. She blinked a few times, looking up to take in the actually real human being standing in the doorway, her face defaulting to an excited smile as she nodded eagerly, one hand waving the boy to the open bench positions in the room. She viewed him with the same focus and attention that she'd been giving her book, taking in the green eyes and the tousled blond hair, the young boyish face and the fact that he seemed a bit shorter than she was. She was still infinitely surprised that wizarding folk could seem so completely normal to what she was used to, and her excitement at meeting someone else she could talk to about this new amazing world she lived in made her fidget until her posture was straight. Noticing finally that she hadn't even said a word, and that her mouth currently housed the bookmark she should be putting into the book to close it, she flushed in slight embarrassment that was quickly overshadowed by exuberance. "'Course! Are ye excited ta be headin' ta Hogwarts as well?" Her voice was the slight singsong of the Invernessian countryside, clearly scottish in nature but not harsh or unintelligible, though she spoke around the bookmark still.

She chuckled lightly, forgetting manners as she pulled her legs up underneath her, removing the bookmark from her mouth and placing it gently into the pages of the book where she had stopped reading. The tome shut with a small clap and she set it onto the bench to the left of her nearest the window, looking at the young boy with an intensely curious expression, her face never faltering from the smile fixed to it. She was so infinitely curious about everything magical related, finding another person meant to be a student at the same school she was made her more excited than everything so far. With him she could speak freely about all things magical, and he didn't have to work as often as her mother did. "Did ye know 'bout all this magical stuff before yer owl?" She asked, her voice trilling with her eagerness to seek to understand, hands fidgeting against the cushions of the bench seat beneath her. It was then that she blinked, that slight embarassed look flashing across her face briefly as she remembered that she did indeed have one of the most magical qualities called manners. "Och, I'm Julie Shaw by the wae!" Her name rolled off her tongue, and her face returned to that eager interested expression as she finally put a clamp on the ten thousand questions ruminating around her brain. She wanted to know so much, but didn't feel like a bombardment of them made a great first impression.

@Arthur Kirkstone | Julie rolled a 4 - Nothing bad happens.

Stamina : 5 | Evasion : 4 | Strength : 3 | Wisdom : 8 | Arcane Power : 8 | Accuracy : 7
Julie is Clumsy, I roll a dice to see if she drops things/falls over. This does not apply to Quidditch.

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

His soft lips stretched into a smile but didn't quite reach his dark eyes. They were lit with sadness, and the forced expression of the contrary on his mouth would have looked comical and nodded in the softest way possible. There it goes again, my inner dialogue, but it's not my friend. It whispers to me, "Everything has gone wrong, it's terrible, no way back, disaster, ruin..." The world seems closer to my eyes and the air becomes more soupy, harder to breathe. A glossy sheen coats my eyes that wasn't there before and my thoughts scatter like there's an electrical storm in my head, too many short-circuits to make any sense. All the while the only thing that comes through is "You're failing, it's over, give up, run away, don’t trust..." But I shake it all away like a dogs drying itself spraying water everywhere.

Julie was her name then? He carefully placed his words into something more. he sat down heavily , seemed almost to fall into it.

“Thanks, I’m excited to go to Hogwarts I guess, I mean my father’s magical so he told me a lot and well my grandmother as well- she told me the most about Hogwarts… I’m Arthur Kirkstone,” Arthur pushed to confidently say, Julie’s voice however stunned him. Her accent was such a playful tune, as if she were the star of her own movie. He could have sat there all day simply to listen and smile.

He did however recognise the slight embarrassment, which seemed to suggest she had more questions even as she told her name. Should he begin to be like how his grandmother suggested? Or just be completely awkward? He felt all her advice through the years ram into his mind: There are two paths. The right and the left. Both look the same. But the outcome is different. Choices cannot be undone. Once chosen, can never be chosen again. The road is broken. It cannot be walked again. Once the road has been trodden, it shall disappear. You can pick one, but you cannot pick both. He added on to his reply.
“Did you know about the wizarding world before?” Arthur asked sheepishly.

A.Kirkstone

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

Third times the charm as the saying goes. This'd be his third year going to Hogwarts. The first year was fun and filled with some worthwhile adventures, while his second year was filled with too much drama for his liking. It made the towering redhead often wander if the choices he made were the right ones. Harlin thought so...well that was to say he didn't much care what choices they made. As in Harlin's eyes choices were choices and everything had a consequence. As long as one had fun then everything worked itself out in the end for better or worse.

Quinn could swear that there was actual wisdom some where in that chaotic knowledge of his. The mere thought terrified him more then what Harlin represented in his life. These were the sort of thoughts that passed through his mind when the very large third year boarded the train. Trunk in one hand, and it appeared absolutely weightless with the way Quinn handled it. His hands were fairly large with thick accompanying fingers. His knuckles were a bit scuffed and covered in light callouses. His hands resembled the hands of either a fighter or worker. Someone used to working with their hands.

That fact was very true for Quinn, except in his case. It wasn't sandbags he was punching or people he was felling. Though the thought of people felling had crossed his mind more then once. His father did have a very punchable face afterall. His sisters would probably high five...nah they'd hate em for sure. The young boyo couldn't possibly stand the hatred of his sister's. The slight distance his mother showed was already nearly unbearable.

It was in this very torrent of melodramatic thoughts, and pondered scenarios that they found themselves the odd one out. That is in a crowd of either terrified children, he was one himself but don't tell him that, or curious young witches/wizards that didn't know what tact meant. He nearly smacked one arrogant little wizard that thought it was smart to try and tease someone three times their size and older then them. The gall reminded Quinn of himself and somewhere deep down he was proud.

Looking to get out of the crowd Quinn did the only logical thing. He used his size to his advantage and forced a path to the nearest compartment he could. Reaching the car ahead of him he ducked into one compartment and sighed in relief. Only to realize right as he walked in that there were two first years seemingly chatting it up. He was committed however and simply lifted his trunk and large satchel into the overhead storage.

The young third year looked quite imposing standing around 7 feet tall even currently. He wore a coral colored button up long sleeve with its sleeves rolled up to just below the elbow maybe a quarter of an inch below. His shoulders were broad and chest large almost barrel chested his arms were large. Comparable to small tree trunks if one were to exaggerate a bit. Most of all though he was surprisingly muscular and the shirt looked almost small as it fit around his upper body quite well. He was no where near vascular looking but there was muscle definition.

To add to his looks the top button was undone and he wore a burgundy beanie with black suspenders, black form fitting jeans and his favorite pair of dark red and white converse. Out of his satchel he took out a book. If one looked they would recognize it as "The Picture of Dorian Gray". With one final glance over the redhead's emerald blue eyes sharp and foreboding scanned the two before he took his seat next to one of them. Making sure to mind the space he was in as he craned his neck. That was the only thing Quinn hated about his size he had to quickly learn how to adapt to spaces that weren't meant for someone of his size. Luckily he didn't have to do that much with this train.

As he started reading he ran his fingers through his thick curly locks of dark auburn red hair sighing and closing the book. His hair was kept somewhat long being cut into a high fringe style. His curiosity got the better of him and he looked at the two again. "Are ye first years?" A simple question that rolled off his tongue in a thick dublin accent much like molasses flows on wood. Slow and thick.

To fear the unknown is to fear progress, don't shy away from it. Embrace it and discover something new.

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

The boy seemed quite an inward person, his smile starting almost mechanically on his lips but never touching his eyes, and expression type that the young girl was moderately familiar with from how her Mum responded to strangers. Maybe Julie was still a stranger? She pulled her legs up underneath her, watching as the boy slumped into the bench opposite, regarding him curiously. “Thanks, I’m excited to go to Hogwarts I guess, I mean my father’s magical so he told me a lot and well my grandmother as well- she told me the most about Hogwarts… I’m Arthur Kirkstone, Did you know about the wizarding world before?” Her smile refortified its position on her face as he spoke, a slight glimmer of wonder sparkling in the oceanic depths of her eyes as he did so. "Tha's bloody belter! Pleasure ta meet ya! I was one of em, what'd they call em, Muggles I think. Used ta think all the stuff that happen'd was jus' lucky." She refrained from talking about her and her Mum's Luck-ness monster, feeling a bit bashful about the childishness of it in comparison to someone who'd always known they'd be a Wizard.

Onward the train trundled, and Julie lapsed a little in silence as she balanced the book on her knees, contemplating how best to begin her litany of questions, so many things to learn about the magical world that it all seemed so dizzying. The landscape outside was beginning to pick up speed, and the rumble of metal against metal and the sound of the train filled the compartment as she considered her options for questions. Should she ask first about why wands specifically chose the Witch, or Wizard? The wand maker had been kindly to her as her chestnut had picked her out, talking briefly about the importance of a wand's selection. Or perhaps she should ask what it was like to live in a world where magic existed as a constant, and how much different it was from everything that she had ever known or been part of. On and on her brain prattled as the quiet extended for a solid minute, and as she opened her smiling mouth to ask whichever landed at the top of her tongue her face blanched and she stared at the door.

Sanding like a boy put under a magnifying glass seven grades deeper was a massive young man that seemed absolutely impossible to exist, yet he stood in the doorway to the compartment. She wobbled slightly as she looked up into his eyes, an excited smile snapping up her lips as she scrambled to grab her book, watching the... did he count as a young boy? The wonderous anomaly lifted his trunk as though it were paper mache, and sitting down on her own bench seat. He was conscious of the space they shared, and Julie admired him for that as she wasn't certain she'd be able to sit down anywhere without knocking half of everything on the planet to the ground, and completely fascinating. "Hello! My name's Julie Shaw, pleasure ta meet ya!" Her scottish accent was slightly thicker than normal, though it kept that sing-song note common to the Invernessian people, her focus was trained between the two boys that was so infinitely interesting that she didn't know where to start! "Are ye first years?" The larger boy spoke then, his accent just as thick as hers but kilted towards Ireland in comparison, and Julie had no issue disciphering it due to the bustling tourism trade of Loch Ness. She nodded eagerly, her smile never faltering despite her proximity, her posture and expression that of complete attentive happiness. "Aye, I am. I was jus' gonna ask him wha' it was like growin' up knowing what magic was, an how its like to have magical parents." She included the larger boy into the conversation that she had been intending to start with Arthur, looking between them both as excited as a dinosaur obsessed child would be at a museum beneath the bones of their favorite creature. This was ruddy cool!

@Arthur Kirkstone @Quinn Healy | Julie rolled a 6 - Wobbles slightly but balanced!

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

heyy! i’m not sure if it’s cool that maggie joins so late in the thread, and imma be mentioning Carson too, but lmk if it’s not lmao

@Carson Miller
Shit. Maggie had taken her eyes off of it for two seconds, at most, and Carson had already managed to let go of it. It’d taken most of Maggie’s money to buy that Snitch— and now it was flying all over the bloody train!

“You go down that way, Carson.” Maggie directed, pushing on her best friend’s shoulders and directing him down the tiny hallway of the train. Maggie had gotten used to it, well, somewhat. Last year she’d found it absolutely fascinating— the carpeted floors, the scenery passing by in blurs of vivid green and sky blue. Now, after all she’d seen after her first year at Hogwarts— it was just a train. Well, a train with a killer candy selection.

Maggie raced down the hallway, her red converse pounding on the flimsy floor. The compartment doors rattled slightly as she bolted down the length of the train, her eyes scanning every inch of the machine.

Alas, after running up and down the length of the train twice, and running into Carson more than a couple of times, Maggie had concluded that someone probably had it, which meant that she and Carson had to comb through every compartment of the damn thing.

Maggie turned to the first compartment she saw, sliding open the door with a somewhat apologetic expression as she interrupted these kids’ conversation.

Two of them were first years, at least, as far as Maggie could tell. One was a girl with brown hair and eyes, and tanned skin. She was really pretty— something Maggie took notice of almost instantly. She caught the tail end of her heavy accent, making it almost impossible for Maggie to understand what she’d been saying. The girl, supposedly, hadn’t been sorted yet, neither had the boy.

He had nice green eyes and blond hair. Maggie adored his eyes— green was her favorite color when it came to eyes. Strangely, he reminded Maggie of a kid she’d gone to elementary school with. There was no doubt in her mind that they weren’t the same person— the kid she was talking about only looked similar, not a carbon-copy. Anyways, not the point.

The last kid was older, probably a third year. Maggie thought she’d seen him around the halls before— Quinn Healy, that was his name. He had curly reddish-hair, a trait Maggie couldn’t help but admire. What? Curly hair had always been her soft-spot, well, along with like, twenty other things. She was easy to impress.

“Hey, er— sorry to interrupt,” Maggie began, leaning on the doorframe as she spoke, “but have any of you lot seen a Snitch around here? I’ve lost it— well, Carson lost it. she put extra emphasis on the last bit, leaning out of the compartment to glare at Carson playfully.

“He’s a bit dull,” she whispered, loudly and obviously. She laughed as Carson jokingly hit her on the arm, having walked over after getting an answer from his compartment. Maggie laughed, forgetting that there were people waiting on her for a few moments.

maggie parker :) :)
stamina-5 | evasion-6 | strength-6 | wisdom-4 | arc power-4 | accuracy-9

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

@Julie Shaw, @Arthur Kirkstone, @Quinn Healy, & @Maggie Parker
Carson leaned out of the compartment, his hair flopping around as he heard Maggie say his name. He sent her a playful glare, leaning back into the compartment to say goodbye to the kids he’d been talking to.

“He’s a bit dull,” Maggie whisper-yelled, causing Carson to shove her on the arm.

“Shut the fuck up,” he laughed, rolling his eyes. Noticing that there were in fact other people in the compartment, he flashed them all a quick grin.

“Sorry about her,” he laughed, obviously joking, “I’m Carson. I don’t think I’ve seen you two around before— you new or something?”

He aimed the question at the two eleven-year-old sitting in the compartment, both having the unmistakable look of awe covering their features and giving it away.

“Anyways, yeah, you guys seen a Snitch anywhere?” he asked, steering himself back on-topic and trying to stay focused, for once. He’d have felt bad about losing Maggie’s Snitch, but he was notorious for never worrying about things, and he was positive that he’d have it by the end of their train ride. Plus, Carson actually enjoyed going door-to-door, it was nice meeting new people. Sure, he had friends, but more could never hurt, right?

Carson Miller // Stamina: 6; Evasion: 4; Strength: 7; Wisdom: 4; ArcPower: 6; Accuracy: 8

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

Arthur kept watching them without turning his head, his heart is hammering but he keeps my gait casual with no hint of hesitation. Arthur tries to focus on his breathing, but the anxiety bubbles inside his rib cage, he feels sick to his stomach.
His chest is hollow, and then all at once it's filled with this buzzing. Buzzing. Buzzing. Buzzing. Once again, his emotions turn jagged and his insides tight. He cries out, in his mind to those in reach, "’I’m sorry, please help me. Come sit with me. Eat some chocolate with me. Call me a friend. Look into my eyes, connect, because I'm falling." However, Arthur supresses the sudden need of people and shells himself out, emotionless so that they don’t know any secrets.
Calming his mind down as quickly as he could, Arthur noticed how there were so many people in the compartment, especially in one that had begun with two first years. The three people were at least a year or two older. They were all very confident speaking and it had intrigued him on how he- the supposed quite one- be surrounded by more loud people. It was good, so amazingly good to see so many people he barley ever knew.

A quick glance towards Julie, Arthur gained slight confidence to answer Carson’s question.

Yeah, we’re first years that’s probably why you haven’t seen us much,” Arthur chuckled weakly.

A satisfaction, as if having completed a deeply, personally needed action; expressed by the slightest curve at the mouth's corner and a youthful confidence worn in a light raise of the eyebrow above a quizzical, joyful eye. Arthur fiddled with his sleeve, and thought about the snitch the older boy was looking for.

Couldn’t you just ask a third year to try and summon it for you? Since it's a small object, it's not like it would be hard. My father did it when I lost my notes for Quidditch once,” Arthur gave a thought.

A.Kirkstone

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

At first the Half-Giant was going to respond to the younger eager looking first year. It made him wonder what houses the two would be placed in, but before he could ponder any further. Quinn was more then abruptly ripped out of his concentration, his brow knitted into a focused expression was undone by the presence of two loud Hufflepuffs. It was amusing to see them enter, the runaway snitch more then catching his attention immediately. "How in the hell did you lose a feckin snitch?" It was a fair question to ask after all. He immediately looked around the compartment, not that he really noticed too much considering he had been lost in his own thoughts trying to get away from the crowd.

He sighed rubbing the back of his neck, his eyes slightly annoyed shifting their gaze to the two who just entered. "You do realize joehst 'ow 'ard it is to fend a snetch in an ahpen field right? And yet you sahmehow let it loose ahn a crowded train where it 'as gahds know 'ow many 'idin places dere are. so de best din to do is joehst set and wait oehntil either de train reaches its destination and clears ooeht to search. Ahption two is to wait fahr de screams o' sahmeone and fahllow de voices." He added a bit of humor to it of course, and he was being lazy too. The truth still remained that they had a better chance of catching it when the train was clear.

Considering how big Quinn was, even if he found it which he was very confident he could that still meant he would have to try and catch it with his large frame. Which for many reasons was not suited to tight enclosed spaces such as this train. Finally Quinn's attention was turned to the mysterious Arthur, "Aye, dat wooehld be a great idea if it wasn't fahr de fact dat sence it's a snetch. It mahst likely 'as prahtections poeht ahn it to prevent cheatin. an yes i know dis isn't a game, boeht me secahnd mahst impahrtant point is dis. Nahne o' oehs 'ere know de cahrrect charm to soehmmahn it." He was happy with the young first years suggestion. He couldn't help but think that perhaps Arthur would make a good ravenclaw. He seemed quite astute after all. Lastly his attention was brought back to Julie where he held his tongue if only to hear the others responses no doubt.

To fear the unknown is to fear progress, don't shy away from it. Embrace it and discover something new.

Onward  Open | Arthur K. 

A wave an' a waggle meant ta work,
The opening of the compartment door heralded the entry of two new fresh faces that interrupted the question as it left Julie's mouth, and rather than be perturbed at the intrustion, Julie beamed at the opportunity to meet even more people of the magical world. Julie's blue eyes fixed first upon the girl as she spoke, a pretty girl with clothes that looked blatantly comfortable, listening intently as she talked and glancing over at the boy that flanked her side. Their dilemma seemed simple enough, and Julie smirked at the swearing and general good naturedness of the pair that made them seem as though they were quite close friends. Though Julie had no idea what a Snitch was, or how to find it if you lost it, but the way the other two boys Quinn and Arthur responded it seemed as though it was a difficult thing to reacquire. Immediately Julie perked up, excited for the challenge of finding some mysterious hidden object, eager to locate it if for nothing else than to find out what the heck it was, and how it managed to have protections.

"I havenae single clue wha' a snitch is, but I'll help ye find it!" Julie spoke to Carson, moving to stand up to immediately spring into the corridor and help him find the mysterious object. Only, she forgot her legs were crossed. As gracefully as a kitten falling down soft carpeted stairs, Julie keeled forward and immediately slammed chest first into the floor of the compartment, only narrowly missing Quinn's massive foot. A low oof of expelled air escaped her lungs as she just barely caught her face from bouncing on the ground, an embarrassed flush crawling up her cheeks as she heaved a great breath and then sprang back to her feet. "Wha's it look like?" She asked, a failed attempt at a casual tone as her cheeks blazed, though her smile never faltered once from her face as she fixed her eyes on them expectantly. She wanted to help, whether or not she did it standing or crawling on the ground mattered little to her, so long as she accomplished her goal.

Out come words an' a spurt of magic?

@Arthur Kirkstone @Quinn Healy @Carson Miller @Maggie Parker | Julie rolled a 1 - She falls flat on her face.