Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

Leaving Behind  Closed 

Mrs. Helene Dauhlberg couldn't stop glancing around the station at the interesting sights and weird people.  Her daughter couldn't stop looking around either; it was like a scene from one of her books!  She had loved Diagon Alley, and she loved platform nine and three quarters too.  The train looked simply majestic.  Nott had already been to buy her supplies, even though term didn't start yet. Now she was going to the camp and would hopefully learn a bit more. They had followed the instructions of the wizard who had helped her buy her school supplies right through the barrier wall.  That had been a sensation.  It was also the first time she had personally experienced real magic, not that accidental stuff.  Sooner or later she was going to wake up; everything felt so surreal.
Her sister, Reyn, looked like a gawking tourist, since she hadn't been to Diagon Alley and the sights were a novel.  There was hint of jealousy in her expression, but after a moment it was smothered away. 

"I couldn't believe in magic, until you know, I had to, but—" Mum interrupted herself. "I'm so excited for you!"
          "You'd better go Ody. I'll miss you," Reyn smiled and bent down to embrace her. "Have fun!"

Nott smiled back at her sister and hugged her mother.  She gave a quick grin to say I love you and I'll miss both of you, before taking her trunk in hand and lugging towards the train.  Once through the doors, she quickly found an empty compartment and placed the trunk on the floor.  Opening the window, Nott waved to her family as she waited for students to finish boarding and for the train to depart.
Last edited by Arc Perscivious on 16th September 2019, 7:10 am, edited 6 times in total. Reason: Inactive for 1 month

Je suis piégée dans une cage de ma propre réalisation
Dedans, un brouillard sombre m'étouffe
Et je ne sais pas comment glisser entre les barreaux et fuir

Leaving Behind  Closed 

Nott sat back down and swung her legs underneath the seat. With a glance around she realized she was bored already, so she stretched her arms above her head and reach towards the trunk, unclasping it. Sorting through the carefully organized things, she found the three muggle books that she had packed: A Journey to Strange Lands, The Lightening Thief, and the classic Pride and Prejudice. It was the first book she took now, being the most fitting for her situation. She closed the trunk and leaned back in the seat, opening the book. On a particularly wet day of autumn, a thick fog surrounded the quaint dwelling of...

This was where Nott was when another student entered. At the softly spoken words, she looked up to notice a young girl with long, curly black hair which reached to her back and hazel eyes surrounded by rounded, white glasses. She had a medium tone color of skin, like caramel. Not having considered other students entering, Nott was pleasantly surprised. She nodded with a smile and placed the book to her side. She stood and held out her hand in an offering to handshake so as to not be rude. "Bonjour," she quoted using the same word the other girl had.

Leaving Behind  Closed 

Taffy, as her name was, sat down on the other side of the compartment, and Nott sat down as well, making sure to place the book beside her lap. Taffy asked for a name in return while swirling a lock of hair. "Nott Helena Dauhlberg," Nott replied, giving her middle name since Taffy had given hers.
Helena came from her mother's name, Helene, with an extra a on the end because her mother had decided it sounded better with the rest of the name. Thinking that it was probably a good idea to start a conversation lest things become awkward, Nott spoke quietly again, despite now wanting only to return to reading. Her mother stressed the importance of not being rude, however.

"Do you know about where we're going? It is a grand adventure."

Like in her book A Journey to Strange Lands, or even more like The Lightening Thief where the main character learns of a secret layer of the world, a secret group which influenced it. There should be a book written about a child learning of the wizarding world and going to Hogwarts. On the other hand, what would it be like to grow up in a magical family, always believing in it?

Reducio
This seems to have been abandoned. Closed.