Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

Let the seats be sat and the goals be set  Closed 

Xayvier stared at the gleaming train as steam rolled across the ground. He had gotten here at 10:30, but for the past six minutes, He had just been staring at the train.
"This is really happening." Xayvier thought, his mind feeling numb. He slowly began walking into the train and noticed a fair few people on the train, but there were even more compartments than people.
"Good, I don't think anybody would want to sit with me." Xayvier thought again as he dragged his trunk into an empty compartment. It's not that he hated people, it just that he didn't want much to do with them after his parents had died three years ago. Ever since then he had been out on the streets trying to keep himself safe. He didn't want to go to a foster home or an orphanage. He had heard what those did to Voldemort. His late mother had told him stories after the war about how Harry Potter had grown up from horrible home life and grew up to become the amazing man he was today, defeating Voldemort, not once, not twice, but a total of Six times. True, the first one had been mostly because of his mother, Lily Potter. But every other time was because of him alone. Xayvier wanted nothing more than to be known as another just man like him.
Last edited by Arc Perscivious on 2nd August 2019, 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Inactive for 1 month

The Weird one. Stamina - 4. Evasion - 8. Strength - 3
Wisdom - 6. Arcane Power - 5. Accuracy - 4

Jovie stepped onto the train with an annoyed look on her face. Her parents came but left early as possible because they had work. She was left to hop on the train, too many empty compartments for her curious eyes. She wanted to see everyone, wanted to see what other wizards and witches like, not be bored with the bookworms engrossed by their tomes or the sleeping kids who'd already gotten comfortable.

She lugged a big sports bag along with her, full of her makeup, clothes, blankets, and any other essential item she needed. Jovie herself was bookworm but she only held to in her arm, since they wouldn't fit in her bag. One was for charms while the other was for History of Magic, she'd found something interesting to read in it and would use it to pass time with.

Looking around, she calmly wondered whether she would sit by herself or with others. She liked making friends but only with people who deserved her friendship. But being on this first ride she wouldn't have much time to figure that less she wanted to judge a book by it's cover.

Being alone was something she was more than comfortable with, which is why when she was coming up to a compartment she thought was empty she walked right in, noticing a moment too late that someone already occupied it.

"Oh," is what slipped out her mouth. Jovie had already thrown her cyan bag to the side but had frozen, staring at the dark haired boy.

Her mouth twitched as she tried to conjure up something to say, something that didn't make her look so stupid. Adjusting her leather jacket, one with a silver moon patch over her heart, she nodded at the boy. "I didn't see you. I'm Jovie."

Xayvier looked at the girl in the leather jacket. He hasn't seen her before. And she doesn't seem like a bad person. He picked up the bag she threw and put it on above her. "Xayvier." He said. His voice still slightly squeaky, but hoarse from being unused. I looked at the books under her arm. "I didn't think that anybody would want to sit in here with me," Xayvier asked as he sat back down and began digging through his trunk for his History of Magic book that he had tried to get through before today. So far he had only gotten to the second chapter. He then looked up and noticed the same book under her arm.
"So you're reading this too?" He asked and gave a small smile. Maybe this trip wouldn't be so bad If she liked to read. Xayvier wouldn't have to talk that much and the silence would be rather comfortable instead of overwhelming If Xayvier didn't bother to respond to anything or If he was alone. Believe it or not, Xayvier didn't like being in total overwhelming silence. The first few days he spent in his shack that he was still repairing was damn near torture for him, but he had to get used to it.

Xayvier, she thought, running the name around her mind. She knew a few of that name but none of them were anything like this guy. He had a squeaky voice, which was funny to Jovie, but she kept a straight face. She heard the hoarseness and raised her eyebrows. Did he need water or something? She had a bottle somewhere stashed in her bag. Maybe he was her age, a first-year. He would be the first one she's met so far.

Her eyebrows shot up when he grabbed her bag and put it on top. "Ah, no thank you," she said, grabbing her bag back and heaving it back down. She plopped down and sat near the window, leaving her pack right next down to her. "It's an ancient practice, marking your territory. People tend to avoid it." She pat the purple bag, grinning at Xayvier. She swung her feet up and rested them on top of her bag. There was a little space next to it for one other person to sit, but she couldn't see that.

He said something about how he didn't think anyone wanted to sit with him. She regarded him curiously—why would he think that? She decided to not say anything to that, lest she hurt his feelings. Jovie usually left sarcastic remarks everywhere she went.

He mentioned her book, the History one. He pulled out a copy. Flicking her eyes down to her own, she said,"This? Well, it's not like I read it for fun—I burn the pages and offer it to demons." She stared at him, wondering if he'd really believe her. Her face remained expressionless.

"What, so you're not a demon yourself?" Xayvier said sarcastically at her. "And marking your territory is more for animals than it is humans. trust me, you don't want to intrude on a bear's territory." He shuddered a bit as the memory of his first time with accidental magic.
"Anyway. What chapter are you on so far? I got up past the theory of when magic first showed up and how." Xayvier laid down on his side of the compartment and noticed two more people walking past the compartment. Xayvier mentally thanked the playboy for coaching him on how to talk to people instead of being the person he usually was.
"No problem kid." The playboy answered back. "Just make sure to give me some time in the body to stretch. I haven't been out of this place for a few weeks now ever since we got that letter." Xayvier smiled and nodded as he looked at the girl.
"How's your impression of the wizarding world so far? I've just been reintroduced to the place and I'm trying to relearn as much as I can about it." Xayvier began to relax. This was the first time in three years that Xayvier had actually felt comfortable.

Jovie was taken aback, but she didn't let it on much. Why did he suddenly snap on her? She made a note not to make jokes anymore around him. "No, I wish I were, though. It would make life way more interesting, you think?" He then went on about something concerning bears and other things she didn't really care about. She felt like telling him that sarcasm didn't need to be corrected but she just raised her eyebrows and looked away.

Xayvier asked what chapter she was on and she shrugged. "None in particular, I skip around to the good parts, like the Witch Burnings and Rogue Goblins killing people. Reading it from beginning to end would burn my eyes to the socket." She squinted a little. "Wait, are you actually doing it, reading front to back?"

Jovie scoffed in disbelief. "I hope you get into Ravenclaw, that's what that's good for."

Watching Xayvier she noticed him nod to himself and smile. She wondered what that was about. "The Wizarding World...? What, are you—are you a Muggle-Born?" She sat up to this, leaning over and resting her elbows on her knees. "I mean, it's great, I guess. I don't really talk to other wizards and witches."

"It would make life more interesting for you." Xayvier nodded. "Although it would literally be hell for people around you." His smile faded a little as he considered it. "If I had to choose between demon and human though, I would definitely pick human."
"Of course I am, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. We make sense of the present by accepting and learning of the past. If we don't know of the past, how are we to know of one person's intentions and motivations? Not only is it necessary, but it's also fun for me to learn of the past." I smile. He then narrowed his eyes.
"I'm sensing hostility against Ravenclaw." I could feel the Intimadator asking to be let out. But I wanted to keep this as civil as possible.
"Also, I'm a half-blood, actually. But I lost my connection to the wizarding world that same day I lost my family. I only got back the connection a few weeks ago." I sighed. "But yeah, the wizarding world has seem like it's advanced a bit from the time of my mom's stories. My Dad was the muggle and my mom was a half-blood herself. I never knew my grandparents and I didn't want to enter into the muggle foster system. So I've been living in a shack for three years now."

Reducio
You keep switching between First-Person and Third-Person. Don't know if that's intentional.

Jovie thought for a moment. "Not everyone is the same, some people change and some don't so judging someone by their past leaves you with half an idea. But you go ahead and read your book through and through, I'm just going to do what I like to do."

Xayvier narrowed his eyes at her when she mentioned the Ravenclaw comment. "You're sensing wrong then. I just think that really smart people like to read books thoroughly, and those people probably fit into Ravenclaw, so really it was a compliment...?" She glared at him and shook her in disbelief. What was with this guy?

He was a Half-Blood? That was cool. It was common, since there were more muggles than humans. She wondered what having a muggle parent was like. Both of her parents were magic. She'd only met a handful of muggles but their cluelessness still marveled her. "How did your parents have you? Isn't it wrong for wizards and witches to meddle with muggles?" The corner of her mouth lifted a little as she gazed at him. She was about to say something snarky when she realized what he said. "Wait, you live in a shack? What on earth? That's impossible, the ministry has to do something about it, especially since you're under thirteen! There's no way, they know where everyone is and goes, that how they know about which students are magic and when they are using magic, they track everyone down."

Jovie leaned in further, bringing her voice down to a whisper. "Did you bribe them?"

Reducio
Crap, no it isn't i'm just used to writing in first person.

Xayvier snorted a bit, not the least bit surprised that this point would be brought up. "HAH, as if the ministry would care about a boy who's parents were killed by a muggle serial killer. Besides , the tracking charm only activates once you get a wand. In fact, the charm is on the wand, not the witch or wizard. Besides, it's not illegal at all, actually. Also, the only people who truly know who's magic once they are born, are their own parents. And that's only because they're the first people to see when the children commit accidental magic. I've been living in their murderer's shack ever since he was carted off to jail. Ironic isn't it? He took my home, so I'm taking his."

Xayvier sighed. "Anyway, if it was a compliment. thanks, But I don't really want to be in ravenclaw. I want to help people. To do that, I think I need to be in Gryffindor." He then look at her again.
"I know that the past isn't the full story, but it gives a rather large portion of it." He sat up and looked at the Jovie. "So, let's just cap up the lesson about history alright?"
Last edited by Xayvier Chapman on 10th June 2019, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Well I don't think that's true about the wand, the ministry is good with figuring out who's where when magic is involved, and they log every wizard who's capable of magic. Witches and wizards are logged into the Hogwarts list of students when they're born, so what you're saying isn't really true." She pursed her lips and shrugged. "But then again what do I know, right? I mean I've been around wizards and witches my whole life, and both of my parents are magic, while one of yours is a muggle and the other is half-magic. You said yourself that you've been away from the community for so long, so..."

Jovie cocked her head to the side. "Say, how did you even survive out there, by chance? When were you able to start using magic? Magic surfaces usually between the ages of six and ten, or so I've heard." She didn't like how he was trying to talk her down, like she didn't know what she was talking about. His next remark made it even worse.

"There's no if about it, I said exactly that it was a compliment. Gryffindors aren't the only ones who help people, literally anyone can, regardless of House. That's actually pretty insulting to say, and you thought I was being hostile." She brushed hair out of her face, her icy blue eyes glaring right into Xayvier's.

"Yeah, Gryffindor's are renown for their bravery, but what about the other Houses? You think we don't need intelligence? Loyalty? Ambition? This is what they're famous for, without that this world would crumble. You can give people courage, but they can't grow without wisdom, they can't keep going without ambition, they can't stick together without loyalty. We need that."

By then Jovie's was standing up with her fists balled. Her face was red, but she wasn't really angry, just...worked up. "I think you're full of it. Don't tell me what to do. I think that you're one of those people who are narrow-minded, the ones my father talks about." Thinking about her father startled Jovie a bit, her mind tended to wander away from family but in this case she figured it was necessary. "My mother was in Gryffindor, but my father was in Hufflepuff, and he helps people all the time. He's a broom-maker, and they need those for Quidditch, right?"

She sat back down but she still had the demeanor of a crouched cat, ready to pounce at anymore. "I think I liked it better when I thought you were quiet and innocent, not..." She didn't finish that sentence. "Your history makes no sense at all, there's no way they'd leave you alone like that. You are a child. If the ministry really doesn't care, then we're no better of than muggles."

Jovie eyed him wearily. "I guess I'll give you credit for surviving so long.." She muttered under her breath about how that it was nonsense.

"I wasn't trying to degrade the other house!" I yell at her as I felt the intimidator trying to get out. Xayvier's own hazel eyes blazing through at least four colours before they settled on a grey/gold cross. "I know that the world needs those things! But you can't deny that gryffindor is by far the most popular house in Britain. If I were to go there, I would get at least some attention, which would be a good starting point for anything I do in the future." I sigh and calm down. "And I'm not narrow-minded." I mutter.
"My magic first surfaced around two years ago. I was exploring the woods around my shack and I accidently stumbled into bear territory. Needless to say, I was attacked. I barely excaped because my magic helped me escape." I then look up.
"And we're worse than muggles!" I say. "Muggles learn, they adapt to their surroundings and fix themselves and the surroundings. Yes they make mistakes, but not as bad as us. They don't regularly commit genocide against the largest portion of their population! So don't give me that shit about being better than muggles. Because we aren't. We are still stuck in the dark ages while muggles are reaching heights that witches and wizards have never dreamed of!"

Jovie rubbed her head, feeling extremely irritated. This ride was supposed to be fun and joyful, not a test of patience. She stared at him through her fingers. She was surprised to see his eyes change colors and reshape. That was very, very disturbing. But she waited until things went back to normal to speak and sat up.

"You literally said you can help people if you get into Gryffindor. I don't think that Gryffindor is the most popular, but again everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You're just proving that you are narrow-minded by avoiding what I said about your history being dumb." She muttered the last person but didn't care whether he heard or not.

She listened to what he said about the difference between muggles and wizards. At first she kept a calm expression with her eyebrows slightly furrowed. She decided that it was better to let him speak first and then share her own thoughts later, he seemed to stick to his opinions like glue. Jovie wondered if she n=and Xayvier would become enemies or friends in the future.

"Xayvier, muggles and wizards, we're both human beings. We both adapt using tools we have, they just don't have magic, they have—what is it, electricity? They make just as many mistakes as we do—you never heard of the Cold War? The World Wars? The kill people for their own benefit, that's just what they do! We all do things we shouldn't, but so what?"

She flinched when he cursed. How dare he? Not thinking, Jovie's hand lashed at and she punched him the shoulder. Her face turned bright red as she began screaming at him. "I don't think anyone is better than anyone, we are all freaking dumb and make freaking mistakes! You're the—you're the stupid one! Muggles are ruining the world with their pollution and arrogance—" She paused, taking a deep breath. "What's wrong with how things are now? Just because some people want to stay the same doesn't mean it's wrong!" Jovie was growing to not really like Xayvier, not at all.

Nothing Xayvier could do could stop the intimidator this time. He was thrust aside as The intimidator took over and stood up. Glaring at her. Their irises now white. 
"Shut up." He said coldly. "I don't care what you and Xayvier are arguing about. But you do NOT TOUCH US." He reached down and grabbed her shirt. "I don't care if you're a girl. WE WILL HURT YOU." He lifted the girl to her feet. Xayvier's body straining, but holding tight and firm still because of the construction work on the shack that he's done before. "Now let me tell you have I see muggles. They make mistakes. Wizards make worse mistakes. Most muggles kill each other to try and make the world a better place. Wizards kill each other because of their misguided racism. They follow ideals that aren't a real thing. Slytherin never preached for the death of Muggles or Muggle-borns. He just didn't want to risk the lives of everyone in the castle. Muggles have gone to the moon and back. Wizards have trouble getting to different countries without magic." The intimdator got in her face.
"And I'm all for people not changing if they don't want to. But if not changing hurts people? THEY NEED TO CHANGE." He pushed her back into the seat. "I'm giving control back to Xayvier. If you don't apologize. I'm coming back." Slowly his body relaxed and the eyes turned from white back to gray, which widened in horror.
"Oh god, I'm sorry." He said as he sits down and clutched his head. "I'm so sorry, usually, I'm able to keep control over everyone."

Jovie watched in horror at the boy contorted into something...terryfing. She didn't mean to punch him, that's what she told herself, but she was shaking with so much fear that she couldn't speak.

His eyes turned white and it was like a whole different person had came into the room. someone intent on making their point heard and understood. And she sure did understand, though she didn't want to. But it was hard to disagree with something yelling into your face as the lifted you into the air. All she could do was stare wide-eyed into his strange eyes, tears running down her face. Jovie was beginning to wish she'd never come to this school if there were people like this.

When he let go, Jovie fell backwards, landing on top of her bag. She was bawling hard, tears running down her face like rivers. She had mascara on so black lines streamed down her cheeks. She was horrified and her shaking body showed it.

Stumbling up, Jovie grabbed her bag and managed to get into the hallway, looking back. "You're a monster," she sobbed, glaring at him. "You should've been mauled by that bear, then no one would have to ever be around you, you freak." She ran away and wished that she would never see him again. As she went she recalled the fact that she never apologize and felt half-guilty but was definitely not going back now.

I left the thread.

Xayvier sat down and looked at himself in the reflection of the window in horror. "God dammit. Why did you have to come out!" He punched the seat. "My first damn day and I already screwed myself." Xayvier pulled his knees up close to his face and rested his head on it. He felt his own face hot and tears running down it. "Already... Why am I so bad with people? No matter what I do, I always screw up. Maybe that bear should have gotten me." Xayvier muttered as he started to gently sob. Xayvier closed his eyes. He needed to deal with the intimidator. He might have been part of Xayvier at one point. But they've gotten out of control there. Xayvier stayed in his curled up position as he began to yell at the intimidator in his head.
"WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT! I COULD'VE HANDLED IT! YOU DIDN'T NEED TO SCARE HER AWAY! NOW SHE'S GONE AND IM GONNA BE AN OUTCAST AGAIN!" Xayvier mentally punched him in the face.
"I did what I had to do, Xayvier." He glared at me in my head. His white eye glaring into my grey. "If we let people push us around like that, then we'll be worse off than outcasts. We'll be dead."
"YO, dude." Xayvier whipped around to see the playboy coming here. "You should really learn to chill out. Xayvier and I could've handled it. You didn't need to hurt or yell at her."
"YES I DID!" He yelled and walked away. "If you don't understand. I don't need to talk to you. IF you feel so bad, go apologize or something. go explain everything that happened. See what'll happen to you. You'll still be an outcast If anybody learns about us." In his heart, He knew it was true, but He couldn't accept it. He didn't want to.
Xayvier's eyes snapped open as he got up and looked out the window of the compartment. The train had just started to move. Xayvier looked around and sighed. "Nobody. Of course. I start alone, and I end alone. Like always."