Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

'Bye Family, Hello Hogwarts!  Closed 

OPEN!
"Do you have your trunk? Oh honey get her trunk!" Em's mum yelled to her father. Today was the day, and Em couldn't stop jumping up and down on the balls of her feet. "Can I go now? Please, please mum I gotta go!" Em said impatiently, followed by the distant grimaces of her seven undeserving siblings. She was going to be the only one in her family to go to Hogwarts, and she was very excited. The thought of "Magic" was too much for this muggle-born to handle, and she was ready to jump through the barrier.

"Hold on now! Your father is getting you a spare cart for your trunk dear--oh Sara stop crying! Your sister is very lucky, and you need to respect that!" her mum yelled at her younger sibling, who was almost identical to her except for the blue eyes. Em's gaze caught the sign, but it didn't say "9 3/4" as she was instructed, so she stopped right in the middle like she was previously instructed.

"Well, 'bye honey! Good luck, best wishes, Auf Wiedersehen!" said her father, she was part German.

Em didn't hesitate, and she ran right through the brick wall, a bustling platform came before her. Her smile faded, and she looked around for help. "H-hello!" she yelled, hoping for someone to find her, and tell her where the train was. It didn't seem to be there quite yet. "Hello--" but before she could turn around she bumped right into a student. "H-hi! C-could you tell me where to go?" she asked, stuttering as she did so.
Last edited by Arc Perscivious on 10th June 2019, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Inactive for 1 month

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ The student in question was a slightly plump white-haired girl. She stood at almost five feet tall and was wearing a thick blue coat that brought out the blue flecks in her bright green eyes. Pulling the coat around herself she smiled at the girl before her letting her green eyes slide over her similarly pale skin. She takes in her golden brown hair and the fringe cutting close to her pretty brown eyes. Glancing down to look over her clothes she couldn't help but giggle at the bright colour of her top. It felt like looking at someone very similar to herself, her own bright red t-shirt peeking out from between her jacket. Abi loved her bright coloured clothes the only dull item of clothing on her was her deep blue jeans.
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ Beaming at the girl she looks around to see if her family had noticed them. The three of them however seemed to be in deep conversation. Her little sister Sybil was in her mother's arms crying her deep brown eyes out. Her similarly brown hair was strewn about her face as she wiped the tears away with the help of her mother.
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ Abigail's mother Barbara was tall and had bright white hair just like her daughter though her eyes mirrored Sybil's deep brown. She was busy consoling her little four-year-old daughter with the help of her husband Michael. It was obvious to all that the trio were a family. Although Michael didn't have the deep brown eyes of the two ladies before him he had Sybil's light brown hair. His eyes were green like his other daughter.
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ Abi turned back to the girl before her deciding not to trouble her parents while they took care of her baby sister. She'd already said her goodbyes really and she wasn't overly looking forward to another wailing tear fuelled hug from her little sister.
"Hey! Uh yeh, train's like right there dude." She pointed behind the girl to the crimson steam train that was billowing smoke into the air around them. She flushed slightly very aware that her accent was not only thick but clearly American. She hoped the girl before her wouldn't wonder what an American was doing going to Hogwarts, she was British and she could prove it!
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ Clearing her throat a bit uncomfortably she tugged her jacket around herself tighter and nodded at the train again, "I uh. . .guess I'll see you there yeh?"
Last edited by Abigail Sparks on 5th June 2019, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abi Sparks
Life is SO much better when you're laughing with friends :lol:
Stami. 4 | Ev. 5 | Str. 7 | Wis. 6 | AP. 7 | Acc. 6

Em turned up to look at a pale face, accompanied by daft lips and bleach blonde hair, almost white. Em brushed off her skirt and knees, fixing the collar of her maroon jumper. She looked up at the Hogwarts Express, a scarlet engine with billowing black smoke, and a piercing sound came to her ears as it howled. She looked at the girl, unsure of what to say, but she always managed to blurt something. "Oh, yeah--of course! It's right there! Uh, thanks!" Laughed Em. "I'm Emilia, or "Em" rather! Um...you know I bet you could tell me yours in the compartment! Lets go!" she said awkwardly, still with a bubbly sort of tone.

She looked back and smiled, heaving her trunk off her cart and jogging carefully over to the scarlet engine. It was grande, way better than any metro in the "muggle" London. She stopped at the start of the door, waiting to get her name while the bustle of students alike found their seats. "Uh--your name? You know, while we wait for our seats?" she asked, switching her trunk luggage to the other hand and reaching out a pinkish, cold hand. Her smile was bright, and she was ready for a new friendship!
Reducio
Two or three more posts and we can move to the train thread? I can start of you'd like!

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ Abi blushed a little, she didn't know any better of what to do than the girl before her she simply had her father to tell her what to do. The thought makes her turn back to her family. Her sister was still weeping openly and it broke Abi's heart to watch her so pained. She couldn't just jump onto the train without saying goodbye to the little girl. Just enough to maybe stop her from crying. Turning her face back to Em she gave her a small smile and answered honestly, "Well I don't actually know what compartment I'm gonna be in. I uh. . . I'm first year." She blinked at Em for a second, "Abi! My- me, I'm Abi." Stuttering made her blush slightly brighter. It was unlike her to stutter at all but surrounded by all these wizarding folk and truly British ones at that made her a bit self-conscious. She had hardly spent any time in her mother country and she didn't sound like it was anymore. She was half waiting for someone to turn around and call her a horrible American and send her home.
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ Watching Em making her way towards the train she waved her hand at her, "You go and I'll catch you up yeh? I gotta say bye to my baby sister. She's. . . Kinda upset. I'll catch you up yeh?" She gave Em an encouraging look worried at the idea of losing her possible new friend on the train. She was very eager to get to know people and disliked the idea of losing the opportunity because she had to go console her sister.

Reducio
Yeh! That'd be awesome. I got a post here, Can discuss more in an owl!

Abi Sparks
Life is SO much better when you're laughing with friends :lol:
Stami. 4 | Ev. 5 | Str. 7 | Wis. 6 | AP. 7 | Acc. 6