Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in
  Back

Enter, a Broken Child  Open to 3 People   Closed 

He was startled by Stella's answer to his warning, he had half expected that she'd try and be his friend despite his cautionary statement, but this girl, just grew stony, her face as impassive as his, and for some odd reason, he felt a spark of pride, and that spark shattered his being. Why, why would he feel such a thing towards the girl he had just met, why? He was utterly befuddled, he has never felt anything like that since...since his sister, and it shook him down to the core. He had to stop that feeling, she would never come back, no she died in front of him, coming back from death is not an option. Yet for some reason this girl reminded him of his sister, despite the age difference, despite they're polar opposite personalities. This was the reason he smothered those cursed emotions in the first place, they cloud judgment, they cause confusion, pain, and things he couldn't begins to comprehend.

"Yet...despite my last words... you've grown on me, Stella Rose, somehow..." these words were muttered to no one in particular, she had left, leaving him with unwanted feelings and unanswered questions.

An unfinished puzzle.

There was nothing he hated more then that. Puzzles were meant to be completed, meant to be figured out, and unfinished ones were a sin in the worst. This was a weakness he admitted to, incomplete puzzles were what got him, it made him irate just seeing one. This Stella had the audacity to leave one piece out of his reach, and he wouldn't get it from her.

He had to resort to other means. Which were researching, studying, and gathering info on her past. When he finally got that piece, he wouldn't wave it around for all to see, not even to her, no, he would keep it for himself and make him satisfied, knowing he completed the puzzle.

He was snapped out of his searching stare and whirring mind when someone else entered, another girl.

"Are you alright? What happened, if I may ask?"

He stared quietly at the girl for a few moments, eyes slightly widened, before they became half-lidded in indifference once more.

"Ah, well, I suppose you could say we were having one of those 'moments', well, she was at least, and asked why I helped her, I said it was because she's another student, and because I sympathize with her...situation. I went on to warn her about the issues we'd have if we became friends, she didn't get the answer she wanted, and then shut down and left," He shrugged nonchalantly, hiding the small pinprick of disappointment about the whole situation very well, though inside it was still there, still making him uncomfortable.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose through his medical mask in irritation about the last statement, and took a 'calming' drink of his Dr. Pepper, letting out a sigh as it traveled through his mouth, leaving a pleasant aftertaste.

"So, who are you?" He faced the girl once again, studying her appearance with a clinical eye and already beginning to file information about her away. She had red hair and blue eyes, quite a unique trait, her skin was fair, pale even, but not the sickly pale appearance of his own skin. It was void of any scars to mar her pretty skin, in which he felt a slight pang of jealousy, seeing as how his whole body was covered in scars, which were hidden to the best of his ability as to not cause a panic. The only visible ones were on the top half of his boyish face.

After he was done the examination he met her eyes once more, and gave her a close-eyed smile, no ill intent visible on the outside, or lingering on the inside, "Ah, I guess I should give mine first...she never did tell me if that's what the custom is in England," he paused, tilting his head with a thoughtful expression, before shrugging, "Whatever, my name is Azaiah, Azaiah Morgos," he held out a bandaged hand for her to shake.

A.M

Miranda listened thoughtfully as the boy spoke, leaning against the door frame. She guessed that it was normal for girls to get emotional but this situation didn't seem to be that big of a deal, but then again Miranda was there to see or hear everything that had happened so she wasn't going to pick sides on who was right or wrong, nor did she care to. She hoped she wouldn't have to talk to people that seemed to be annoying like that girl. She already had enough things to worry about, like her first year at a new school, her own school work, and getting as much knowledge about everything around as she could so she could always be in the know. But maybe that girl would be a nice asset in other situations so Miranda made a note to herself to keep an eye out on her.

The boy was curious enough to look at. Firstly, he wore a medical mask, and Miranda really wanted to know what that was all about. He seemed to have scars on his body but she couldn't really tell, except for the obvious one on his face. She wandered what had happened to this boy who called himself Azaiah, the one who was drinking Dr. Pepper so nonchalantly.

Miranda smirked. After shaking his hand, she sat down across from him, resting her hands on the seat. "I'm Miranda," she said, glancing out the window for a moment before looking back at Azaiah. "Sorry for your...lost? Some people just get confused, especially when things are getting exciting, like going to Hogwarts for the first time...but what issues are you talking about?" She was referring to when he said that there would be problems with being friends with him.

The few people Miranda trusted enough to be 'friends' with were all normal in a way. They lived average lives and didn't try to start any problems. Miranda was the one who always tried to gather as much dirt about everyone and perhaps start something when she felt like things needed to be spiced up. Azaiah didn't seem like he was that strange, disregarding his physical appearance, but she knew next to nothing about him. But she definitely wanted to change that. Miranda slipped her hair behind her ear, gazing intently at the interesting boy across from her, but not in a seductive way.

"I'm Miranda," the girl, now identified as Miranda, stated, glancing at the window, before turning back to him. She continued,"Sorry for your...loss? Some people just get confused, especially when things are getting exciting, like going to Hogwarts for the first time...but what issues are you talking about?"

He chuckled in amusement, before musing on her question, should he tell her? Might as well if she wants to make friends with him, like he said before, he warns people about how hard it would be to be friends with himself, before letting them blindly rush in only to turn away.

"Well, I suppose I'll tell you, seeing as you want to befriend me, if your inquisitive stare is anything to go by," He gave her another eye smile, before continuing on with a more serious demeanor, "You see, before anyone decides to be friends with me I give them a warning about my personality and situation, which would make it harder to befriend me. It picks out the weak links, and helps find more loyal friends," he huffed, before smirking, "It also helps keep people away from me so I don't have to socialize as much," he then shrugged sitting back in his seat and regarding her with a colder look, "So, i'll state a couple things about me, that may make you rethink your decision of befriending me... first, expect no comfort from me in hard times, yeah if I like you enough I may actually try to do so, but will most likely, definitely fail and just make you more miserable," he admits, his ability to connect with other human beings was worryingly low, "Second, it will take a while for me to 'warm up' to you, maybe even never, so the relationship will be mostly one sided, and I'll only see you as a friendly ally," he took a sip of his drink, then looked back up at her with lazy eyes, "Third, I have panic attacks, PTSD, and insomnia, quite a handful, and will wear me and you down to the bone," he grimaced under his mask, "And last, I'll most likely never respect you if your idiotic, foolish, or naïve, basically you have to prove yourself to me," he let out a humorless laugh, "You can see why this all chases people away, quite efficient really."

Some people may think it reckless to give such a large amount of personal information away to someone, he found it beneficial. People think they have the upper hand will all of this, but really he does, they think they can make him do what they want because they, 'have dirt on him', that they could revile to the world, when really he doesn't give half a crap about it, and doesn't care if everyone knows, sure it will be embarrassing at first, but everything blows over eventually, and soon it will matter little. The only thing that could be used against him is his PTSD, and maybe his insomnia, but honestly better get it over with now before having then witness such things first before knowing, a small risk for practicality. They have to find his triggers and what happened to give him the mental diseases. He made sure it wasn't easy to find out about his past, the only way was to ask him or his family....yeah, good luck with that.

He studied the girl's posture, her innocent voice, and could immediately tell it was fake, he would know, he does the same thing, though, he prefers to be lazy as opposed to acting like a naïve, innocent child. The very thought of doing such a thing made him gag. Sadly, sometimes he had to resort to that, as much as he loathes it. The fact that this girl is using such tactics immediately suits her for Slytherin, since he's also using similar tactics he'd also be sorted into Slytherin, he didn't mind, her preferred that house anyways.

Merlin, this Dr. Pepper is good.

He finished his sip of soda and closed his sketchbook. gazing out the window with an unfocused expression, you could see the dark bags under his eyes more prominently. Obviously not a healthy sign, but it was a common side-effect of insomnia. Though he may look like he wasn't paying attentions to the girl, he was, no need to look in her eyes for to do so anyhow.

Absently rubbing the scars on his neck, he closed his sketchbook and stuffed it in his bag, the pencil case soon following. He had decided to indulge in this girl's curiosity, so there was no need for it to be out.

Smirking under his mask, he shot a glance at Miranda.

Seems there were many interesting characters in his year.

A.M

At first Miranda had been only interested in Azaiah but now she was surprised. To tell the truth, she didn't really want to be friends with him, just want to get to know him because he was an interesting person to talk to, but she guessed that by how she was acting that he could've assumed that she was trying to make a new friend during her first ride to Hogwarts. It was the only the fact that he was just so strange to look at that brought him to her attention. Young boys wearing medical masks, sipping Pepsi like they were at a fine restaurant, speaking like a senator's son, and suffering from things that seemingly would make a girl like her not want to be friends with him were undoubtedly interesting to talk to.

Miranda watched as he put his sketching supplies away, taking that moment to think. To her, none of what he'd said would've prevented her from befriending him, if that's what she'd wanted to. Azaiah seemed to think that his 'issues' were enough to scare her away, but she was going to prove him wrong.

"Well, if you think that's enough to frighten me away, you must have a brain full of laughing gas." She raised her eyebrows, smiling. "First of all, most of what you've said is what you'd expect from most of the people you'd try to become friends with, or at least in my opinion. I wouldn't expect a boy I've just met to rub my back after my father passed away, even though I think you mean if we're friends for a long term? But yes, I don't expect much from people anyways, but this is only considering if I did want to become your friend, which I haven't said.

Warming up to someone depends on time and the person who's in consideration, so of course I won't expect you to become 'besties' with me in a day, a week, a month, or even within a decade. I don't really like having too many close friends so that works very we for me anyway...and..."

Miranda twisted her mouth to the side, thinking about his PTSD, insomnia, and his other issues. Those could be a problem when trying to carry a conversation, but everyone was different in some way and it was kind of difficult for her to understand why these things were so important and vital in the road to friendship. To her these were simple things that weren't a big deal unless he made them a big deal, but he didn't seem like the type to try start problems.

Miranda, realizing that she had been staring off into space, looked back at him. "Respect is earned," she said, shrugging. "I wouldn't give it away freely either, so it doesn't bother me at all. It makes it easier to know who you can trust, if you can trust anyone at all. At first I didn't really care to be your friend but now I'm considering it, it seems like you think of yourself as a challenge that's almost impossible to overcome, but I'll be glad to take it on." She grinned up at him.

Recalling his sketchbook, Miranda nodded at his bag. "Do you think you could draw a picture of me?" She held up the carved owl in her hand. She never really showed anyone, it was something she'd made when she was really young but she'd always felt like it was a sort of lucky talisman. Showing it to him, she added, "If you can add me holding this, that would be great, too."

"Well, if you think that's enough to frighten me away, you must have a brain full of laughing gas." She raised her eyebrows, smiling. "First of all, most of what you've said is what you'd expect from most of the people you'd try to become friends with, or at least in my opinion. I wouldn't expect a boy I've just met to rub my back after my father passed away, even though I think you mean if we're friends for a long term? But yes, I don't expect much from people anyways, but this is only considering if I did want to become your friend, which I haven't said.

Warming up to someone depends on time and the person who's in consideration, so of course I won't expect you to become 'besties' with me in a day, a week, a month, or even within a decade. I don't really like having too many close friends so that works very we for me anyway...and..."
she paused, seeming to zone out before snapping back to reality, "Respect is earned," she said, shrugging. "I wouldn't give it away freely either, so it doesn't bother me at all. It makes it easier to know who you can trust, if you can trust anyone at all. At first I didn't really care to be your friend but now I'm considering it, it seems like you think of yourself as a challenge that's almost impossible to overcome, but I'll be glad to take it on," she grinned at him, he raised an eyebrow.

This girl was odder then that last... were all women like this? He shuddered at the thought.

It seems what he said had the opposite effect of what he wanted, now it seems she'd actually befriend him for the challenge, how troublesome (Somewhere, in another universe, a particular lazy Nara sneezed).

Though he supposed it would be amusing to see this girl try and make him actually act like a friend. She seemed to have an analytical mind, but.."I meant long term, not short term, for all of my previously stated points," he smirked, and proceeded to take a long drought of his drink, "Though, going by what your saying, it seems we'd have less of a friendship and more of mutual acquaintance. I wouldn't call what your suggesting 'friendship', per say." he absently scratched his neck, "Though if you really want to try, I'm not stopping you," he shrugged, the girl spoke up again.

"Do you think you could draw a picture of me?" He gave her a mildly surprised look, and she held up a crude carving of an owl, "If you can add me holding this, that would be great, too."

He let out a musing hum, eyes quickly scanning over her form, before he took another drink of his pop, and, once again, pulled out his sketchbook and pencil case. He flipped through many pages of exquisite sketches, before passing the last one, which was an elegant-looking cat. He landed on a blank page before gesturing for her to sit across from him, "Get settled, strike a pose, and then I'll start," he himself settled into a seat, and began to sketch a rough outline and frame of a vaguely feminine body, before added more details, glancing up at her every once in a while with sharp, detail-oriented eyes.

A.M

This boy really seemed to like his soda. She watched him drink it with an amused expression on his face. He seemed to like it as much as if it were the last drink on Earth. Miranda herself didn't like drink carbonated beverages, it made her feel terrible and it was bad for your body anyway. She remembered when her brother Hampton did any experiment where he poured soda in a cup and put a penny he saved from a trip to America inside, and she it eat away at all the muck and rust on it. Just imagining what it could do to her insides was enough to make her shiver in disgust. But she wouldn't mention anything about it to Azaiah, he seemed smart enough to know of the effects of drink soda but he was probably one of those people who didn't care, and lived for the moment, not thinking of the future. To his their own, as mother would say, she thought.

"I don't really think you understand what a 'mutual aquaintence' is. That would mean that we both think of each other as aquaintences, but I just said I would try to be your friend, nothing less than that. Anyway, that would be boring, since we would most likely only share a greeting or two, and maybe give small, insignificant help to one another, like lending a quill or passing food to one another in the Great Hall, if we get into the same House, that is." She figured he'd get into Slytherin, but she didn't know enough about him to be sure, it was just a guess." But yes, I think I'll at least try to be your friend, it's always good to have at least one around, in case you need one to cuddle with." Miranda smiled and stuffled a laugh; she couldn't imagine him giving anyone even a pat on the shoulder, much less a warm hug.

Miranda beamed at the sound of him taking out his sketchbook again. She noticed some of his sketches and took note of his talent. There was one of a cat that caught her eye. Her nose wrinkled instinctively; she and felines never got along. She frowned deeply as she moved into position: she sat with legs slanted to the left, her right hand resting in her lap and her left hand holding the owl up to her chin. She has a small smile, more like a smirk, as she gazed directly into his own eyes, blinkly so rarely it looked like she never blinked at all. She wore a small black skirt with a deep purple sweater, a wine color. She wore stockings under her skirt and black boots that came up halfway to her knee. Her skin was unblemished and in her ears she wore matching silver moon earrings.

"How long have you been drawing for? Do you paint, use charcoal, do you plan to do something more with it when you get older, like become a famous artist or the like?" She kept herself very still, watching him.

"I don't really think you understand what a 'mutual aquaintence' is. That would mean that we both think of each other as acquaintances, but I just said I would try to be your friend, nothing less than that. Anyway, that would be boring, since we would most likely only share a greeting or two, and maybe give small, insignificant help to one another, like lending a quill or passing food to one another in the Great Hall, if we get into the same House, that is." She commented, he let out a small huff, he knew what mutual acquaintances were, and he doesn't take back what he said before, he said what he meant, "But yes, I think I'll at least try to be your friend, it's always good to have at least one around, in case you need one to cuddle with."

He glanced up from his book, letting out a long-suffering sigh, "How bothersome," he shuddered at her last comment, he hated physical contact of tat extent, a shake of the hand or pat on the head he was fine with, but anything more sent chills down his spine.

The girl sat down and posed, a small smirk graced her lips as she held the small trinket in one hand. He glanced up, eyes taking in every detail before transferring them to the page. His 2b pencil moved in long, graceful strokes as he drew her body frame, erasing the unnecessary lines and quickly sketching some cloths on the frame, he was just beginning to draw the wrinkles in her cloths when she spoke.

"How long have you been drawing for? Do you paint, use charcoal, do you plan to do something more with it when you get older, like become a famous artist or the like?" He paused in his art, raising his head to face her, looking at her face and then back at his paper, transferring what he saw to the head of the frame.

"I've been sketching since I was little," it's how he's so good at it now, a lot of practice is quite an easy way to get better at drawing and such, "The only tool I use is a 2b pencil, not even artistic pencils really, I never use anything else except maybe pencil crayons when I feel like it," he shrugged, continuing the delicate mission of drawing her eyes, already having striking details visible, "I have no interest in becoming famous through artistic talents, no, my ambition is much, much larger then something like that." a smirk finding its way to his face and a cunning glint in his steely eyes. He said nothing mare after that, instead, focusing on finishing the details of her face, adding a more defined jawline and then moving to her hair, making long strokes and leaving some white streaks that would become the light shining off it. He soon finished that and moved to her hands, drawing elegant fingers and the frame of her trinket in her right hand, adding even more details to that. He began shading in areas of shadow and smudging the clothing as to make it darker then the background, and then erased a streak inside the lines, more lighter parts that reflect light, it was beginning to all come together.

A.M
  Back