Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

Alone at last. At least for now.  Open   Closed 

It was early morning when Mimsy's mother brought her to the station. The trip to Diagon alley was something else for the muggle woman. Her daughter beaming up cheerfully to her. When the last whistle blew before departure, Mimsy raced towards the wall full force with her trolley (after observing an older lad doing the same with his family). She opened her eyes in awe at the scene around her. Families were buzzing around kissing children goodbye, while others talked to other parents like good friends. It wasn't until the last whistle blew when Mimsy gasped as she realized she had to board the train.  The man in charge of the car she picked helped her up the steps and into the car.
Now the real fun began. Searching for an empty, or somewhat empty area was going to be tricky. To her luck, she had found an empty compartment towards the back of the car. Sighing in relief, Mimsy took out a book she had stashed away in her long coat and sat near the window. She had no clue what was in store for her, but at least she knew what world she was getting into with this book.

Alone at last. At least for now.  Open   Closed 

Isabella walked through the compartments of the Hogwarts Express. Children older than her yelled to friends and wands let out sounds and colours that she had never seen before. Her two older brothers had warned her of course, but Isabella had never been worried. She was the type of girl that can make friends with anyone. But there she stood, completely alone, in the packed corridor of the Hogwarts Express. She pulled herself together and continued to walk down the corridor.
'Just find a compartment' she thought to herself, peeking into compartment doors, but most seemed to be full, or held older students that Isabella was too scared to talk to, let alone sit next to.
After a couple of short minutes wandering the train, she found a compartment that looked empty. When she looked closer, she saw a small, brown haired girl with brown eyes and fair skin. She was curled up at the window, reading a book. She looked like a first year, which was always a good sign. 
Isabella quietly opened the door, not wanting to disturb the girl as she read. She slipped into the compartment. 
'Hi, my name's Isabella, but everyone calls me Bella. Do you think I could sit her?'