Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

A New Beginning...  Closed 

Tori stood on the platform, the platform where many witches and wizards embark on their journey to Hogwarts, the school her parents loved so much. They say it was all so great, that it would be a life changer, but Tori didn't feel as if it was going to affect her that much. She was forced into this, her parents ecstatic when they saw their child receiving an acceptance letter to the prestigious school. "Go on Tori. Get onto the the train." They begin to push her on. "What if I don't want to go? What if I stand out as the shy witch? Can't I just attend normal secondary school like the others back home?" She says, trying to fight the flow of students entering the train. "Trust me, you'll enjoy it." With one last hug, Tori stepped upon the train, heading to an empty compartment.

As she entered, she sat down near the window. She stared out, watching her parents fade away within the crowds of people as the train left the station. To pass the time, Tori brought a few books, mainly about Magic History. She really enjoyed sitting down with a good book. It was her past time. But now, she had resorted to creative writing. She'd pull out a notebook labelled 'My Story' and opened it to a blank page.

"Today is the day I start a new chapter in my story. I have all I need for the year: robes, books, other various items. Physically, I'm ready for my first year at Hogwarts. Mentally, not so much. I'm afraid that I won't fit in, that I would mess up on the first day due to me being pressured by the reputation I must uphold. The Williams name can't have a child whom breaks the long tradition. I don't know what to do. Who to talk to. Hopefully, I can make it through the year without any mishaps. Hopefully. Cheers to a new beginning.
                ~Tori"

She'd close her notebook, glaring at the passing landscape. England was so beautiful in the summer. Shame she couldn't see much more than this.

~ If you can dream it, you can do it.
Tori Williams

Astrid was already sitting on the train fidgeting with some metal thing she found on the ground. It was rusty and brown, probably copper, but she couldn't tell. Her bushy hair was in her face making it hard to see, and the copper item was pulling out some of her hair. It hurts like hell. 'Why didn't I let mum put my hair up?' She aggressively thinks to herself. She groans out in anger and throws the piece on the ground, crossing her arms like a child. She does still count as one though.

She looks out the window, because she has given up on the metal scraps, too see the outside view of London, and it's pretty, but nothing too interesting in her opinion. She looks in front of her, and sees a girl that sits kind of near her looking out to London. She seems interesting to her, despite knowing anything about her. Astrid's mom told her to make some friends for once, even if it's in the weirdest of ways, but not anything dangerous. She debated to herself if she should speak with her or to continue with her own business, but what good of a time to make friends then from now? She clears her throats so she doesn't sound like she smoked a bunch of cigarettes before hopping onto here.

"H-Hello..." She mentally face palmed herself for stuttering. She hates it when she does that. Her mask slightly muffled what she said, but she said it loud enough for the other to hear her (hopefully). Her hair drifted out of her face enough to show her brown eyes.

"If you touch my tools again, then you're really unlikable"
- Astrid being passive aggressive

Tori looks across from her, now noticing the other girl whom she failed to notice prior to sitting down. She felt stupid as to not noticing the other girl. Great, there's the first thing she did wrong and she hadn't even been sorted yet. How does that happen? She wore a rubber band on her right hand which she's snap every time she made a mistake. It hurt for a small bit of time, but it serves as a way to stop herself from repeating bad mistakes. She'd do such thing, leaving a small, red mark around her wrist. "Ow..." She'd mutter from under her breath. She'd then pay attention to the girl sitting across from her.

"Hello. I'm Tori Williams. First year." She'd rub her wrist, relieving some of the pain. "Oh...Don't mind that. It helps me forget the dumb mistakes and makes me remember not to repeat them." She'd begin to mumble, snapping the rubber band again. "Although, I cannot remember to stop mumbling off..." She'd sit up straight. "Enough about me. What about you? What's your name? Where are you from? What was your prior life like?" She'd push up her glasses, a fidget she often does.

Tori Williams

"Hmm... We all have our ways of remember that type of stuff... Anyways, nice to meet you Tori!" Astrid smiles and scoots back into her seat. She tucks her hair behind her ear, "I'm Astrid Monrow, and I'm also a first year. I'm kind of scared to go here, to be honest. Literally hundreds of kids that I don't know...judging." She gulps and looks to the side, hoping that wasn't too weird.

She sighs and looks back at Tori, shaking her head, "Sorry, I'm just anxious to leave London for once." She afraid to leave because she lived there her whole life and she doesn't like changes. Or maybe she's afraid because she's a muggle and haven't heard of Hogwarts until now. Or maybe she's afraid because she's afraid she might get lost and can't find anyone to help her. Or maybe all of those reason. She hates it when she thinks like this. But overall, she is going to miss her friends and family.

She tries to smile again and at least seem warmhearted, "Which... uh..." She looks at some smeared ink on her hand that she wrote with a red sharpie, "Hoose- No wait, house! Are you hoping to get in?" One of her friends, who is a half-blood but younger than her, told her that that's a good way to start a conversation before watching her leave for this train. Man, she's really uneducated on this stuff. She just hopes she doesn't seem weirder then she already is.

She'd nod. She knew deep down inside she's the same way. Anxious, and hard to explain herself when in a panic attack. Maybe this girl might be her first actual friend. Tori knew she always had bad luck with others, especially at her primary school. She never made any friends, despite the few who felt bad for Tori, so they said they were 'Friends', but really weren't. "I...I am the same way. I get very nervous at times and there's no way to calm me down, except waiting it out!" She'd begin to mumble again, snapping the rubber band once again. "Anyways, I'm hoping for Ravenclaw, as my family is rich of them. We're a bit known within the house, although I really hate it when family comes around, asking if I would carry on the Williams legacy..." She'd sigh, remembering the times past where she would be often reminded of that. "I...I really don't want to though. I want to be myself, no matter what the legacy says." She'd sit back in her seat. "I know I'm going to screw everything up and there's no hiding it. I'll be the downfall and clown of the Williams name..." She'd sigh. She'd look up. "And what about you? What house are you hoping for?"

Tori Williams

"Don't you think faith will decided?" Astrid tilts her head, and stays quiet for a bit, tilting her head back, "Also, I don't think you would mess it up. So what if you get into the other houses? It's for Hogwarts to make that choice!" She's trying her best to make to other happy. She isn't usually this open to people, but she was just in a good mood at the moment. After awhile though, she starts to feel awkward. She tries to move on to something else.

"Um... I'm not sure what house I want to be in. I never really thought of it until now," She looks around the train, looking at little details around her, "My friend told me Huffelpuff is a good one... Or maybe Ravenclaw would be cool. Most likely Ravenclaw." She looks back at her and smiles, "I'm pretty much up to everything though! Even if it's something bad!"

She wanted to keep talking with her because maybe then she could more than only 3 friends. She looks down at the ground to see if she could find the metal piece from earlier. It wasn't there so she got down and looked under her seat, "Ah-hah!" It was stuck under the seat in a little crevasse. With all her might, she pulls it out, scraping some on the color off. 'Huh... So it was artificially colored...' She picks it up and quickly goes to sit back down so she wouldn't get in trouble. She shows it to Tori, "What do you think this is? Or used to be. I've been trying to figure it out forever!"