Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

Clunks Of Trunks  PV Verla & Attumn   Abandoned 

Emma had never been so pleased to depart from the phenomenal school of Hogwarts. Although it had been her first year, it felt as if she had already learned so much for her age. The spells, the potions, the people. It was astonishing. She almost wanted to cry, leaving Hogwarts would be just as hard as making friends for her future years that progress closer and closer. Her emotions were as mixed as a blended smoothie, but one thought stood permanent inside of her mind. She wanted to return to her parents, to ensure they were in good condition. Or possibly to see the house...

Her train ride was smooth, why would it be, the train was just as magical as the school itself. Thankfully, she had found herself an empty compartment to rest all by herself. Well, she would have rested if she could have. The train's irritating children had practically yelled the train ride, even the shut compartment doors weren't enough to drown the sound out.

Not only were the yells of the students enough, the screams of foul language bounced through the air. Feet pounded up and down the aisles of the compartment, where were the prefects? Her compartment was used as a place to hide, in games, and some opened the doors for a mere laugh. If authorities hadn't been on board, she would have rightfully strangled them. Well, strangling was a bit overboard, more of a slap to the face or a blow to the gut.

Would have served them right...

The wind blew into her face as she hurried off the train, away from the feeble students. The train blew its final goodbye, well until next year, and she was almost tempted to wave back to the train as if it were specifically talking to her. Still, she continued to wander around the platform looking for a friend to say her departures to, and perhaps organize future plans.

Last edited by Emma Hill on 28th August 2018, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
"When nothing goes right, go left."
Poison Resistance || Binding Mark || Prodigal Transfig. Learner

Verla looked around nervously in search of her necklace. She was freaking out. Her mother would kill her if she returned with it lost, or if she returned period. But she didn't care, she had a right to go home. Plus, it was too late to go back. 

Verla began to pant, searching everywhere in her bags and luggage for her necklace. She double checked her compartment, nothing. She had it on when she was in there. She remembered feeling the tick of it on her chest. It was when she got off that she noticed it was gone. She began to get scared. Her mother had promised the necklace would protect her life. She got down on her hands and knees, almost in tears as she searched for her necklace.

She saw one of the older kids approaching her, but she didn't acknowledge her. She tried to listen to for the ticking, but it was too loud. There were tons of people around her.

Then BAM! One kick to the face. Her face riled in agony as she stood up and held her cheek, in tears. Now it was gone, gone for good. Her mother would never forgive her.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Attumn stepped out of the train looking around for somebody to be friends with. She didn't make any friends at school seeing she never really talked. Attumn started fidgeting with her necklace, she was nervous because she knew she wouldn't make any friends right here on platform 9 3/4. She looked at her necklace, it looked like a coin you would throw in a fountain.

Attumn started to walk around as she saw a girl Around her age, probably somebody who finished her first year on the ground getting kicked in her face by a random person. Attumn sighed, ran over and slapped the person who kicked and asked the other girl, the one that got kicked is she was ok.

How the redhead sat there, all sad and hurt reminded Attumn of the day of the fire and the following years. She missed Leo and was desperate to show her mom she did NOT start the fire. Even if it would cost her own life. Attumn started to think about a lot of stuff from her past and now, like why did the redhead get kicked in the first place, was it on purpose or an accident? Did the redhead do something wrong?

(I need to edit my messages bc it was less than 200 words :/ but it isn't something that changes the RP ok, sorry)
Last edited by Attumn Murphy on 9th August 2018, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keep Breathing~~~

Emma spotted a Hufflepuff girl she knew and began to walk over to her. It was the closest thing she could find to a friend, but she picked up her pace when she began to look for an unknown object on the ground. If she couldn't tell by her facial expression, it was something near and dear to her heart. Speedwalking, she watched as the girl got kicked in the face, whether intentional or not, she began to jog slowly turning into a run.

She was extremely happy to change out those blue robes and back into something she was comfortable with. Jeans and sneakers, the way she liked it. She was definitely going to pack more clothing for her next year, although space was extremely limited inside of her trunk. 

Verla hadn't been alone. She had been joined by an unknown fellow redhead, whom she hadn't seen in Hogwarts before. "Verla! Are you okay?" She said frantically towards the girl she had met inside of the Hospital Wing. 

The brunette started to look for the foe who had purposely kicked her, there was no way someone could kick a girl in the face deliberately. Realizing she hadn't spoken to the redhead, "Hi, I'm Emma. Did you happen to see who kicked her?" Then turning back to Verla, she spoke once more, considered deeply. "Verla, what happened? Why are you crying?" 

She crouched down to her level and put an arm around her shoulder. Please don't cry. Please, please, please, please... She thought to herself trying to look into her eyes. 

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

"Well one I just got kicked in the face" She laughed a bit "and two, I lost my mothers necklace she gave to me, I had it on before I got on and off the train, but when I didn't feel the ticking of it around my neck, I began to panic, and there's a lot of people around, it's my fault for immediately going on the ground to find it, it was unintentional I'm sure of it. My necklace was given to me by my mother, before she sent me a letter saying she wanted a normal child. I'm heading home because that really isn't her decision to make." Her eyebrows furrowed together, you couldn't birth to a child, raise it for eleven years, and then say you didn't want it any more.

It made her mad to think of such a letter she had received, along with a package with all of her belongings. She kept the necklace near and dear to her because it was the last thing she could use to remember her mother.

She held her cheek, as it still throbbed, and the person who kicked her had apologized, since another redheaded girl slapped them. 

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Just as Attumn slapped the person that kicked the fellow redhead she saw a brunette walk over, "I'm in trouble" she thought, "I shouldn't have slapped others". The brunette talked to the other redhead before asking Attumn what her name was and if she saw who kicked the girl. She hesitated before answering "Yes, and I hope he, or she, I didn't really look. feels bad bc I slapped him, or her, I don't really know but ill recognise em when I see em. I'm Attumn by the way" Did she really answer somebody?

She looks to the floor realising she was talking to a random stranger, like a lot. Attumn felt awkward, but also a bit proud seeing she slapped somebody AND talked to somebody. She had mixed feelings and looked down to the ground fidgeting with her necklace. She felt bad for the redhead, getting kicked in your face really hurts. Attumn started to look around at all the people passing by. She recognised some Slytherins and a Ravenclaw.

( Hey as you may have noticed my messages where too short so I'm trying to make them all longer so sorry if it takes very long to respond)
Last edited by Attumn Murphy on 9th August 2018, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keep Breathing~~~

Emma's face screwed up in confusion, her parent's wanted a 'normal child'. She couldn't imagine the trouble of being not wanted, it might have been better off if she didn't have parents. Well, rhetorically. If her parents ever abandoned her, she'd get rid of everything that reminded her of them, but somehow this situation was different. 

Her mother gave her that necklace who knows how long ago, and she still held it close to her heart, despite her mother's atrocious actions. A letter? That was the cruelest way to take in the information. She pictured the message as if viewing it from Verla's perspective. Not even in person... That had to hurt. She thought to herself shaking the image from out of her head.

Verla made her remember her very own bracelet, a very noisy bracelet, she kept close to her. She had to find the necklace, even if she were late to meet her parents.. and the new house. 

It didn't seem like it should have been her business asking, but she ached to quite severely. It'd have to wait, now wasn't the time to bring up an emotional sob story, well, another sob story. 

"I'll help, I think I know what you're going through... believe me it's not easy with the stress on your shoulders." The brunette offered the Hufflepuff a hand to pull her up, "Two heads are better than one, you know."

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

"I'd love it if you guys can help, the necklace looks like an angel, and you can see clockwork gears in it and it ticks, it's hard to miss, but it's such a small angel. It's the closest thing I have to my family, so if you guys want to help I would deeply appreciate it. Though I say we wait until these people clear up, at least a little bit, it might be a while though. And I don't know the first place to look, I checked my compartment and the hallways, but it wasn't there. I had it on when I got off and I don't know where it could be. 

If you guys don't want to wait with me then I understand but-" She was cut off by a loud, angry voice that said her name, it sounded like her father.

She cringed up her shoulders and turned around, sure enough it was him, with her mother following slightly behind him holding a baby. Her father grabbed her by the shoulders and yelled at her "what do you think you're doing here? It's dangerous for you to come back! Go back this instant!" His voice boomed.

Just then, the train began to take off, the whistle blew and you could hear it begin to pull the carts behind it.

Her father sighed with frustration. Then her mother said "Verla? Where is your necklace? And what happened to your face?" Verla got angry.

"The necklace fell off okay? And why do you care? You gave me away, remember?" She said.

"What is she talking about?" Her father asked her mother. Did he not know? She felt that uh-oh feeling coming, and she introduced Emma and the redhead as her new friends who were just about to help her look for it. She explained that she had it on when she got off the train, it just must've fallen off the chain.

"I'll help too..." Attumn started to think about what happened the summer when she got the Hogwarts letter, Leo, and everything. Did she really start the fire? Did she? all thoughts are going through Attumn's mind, she didn't realise the parents of the fellow red were standing were there until the train took off. Attumn just stood there silently for the rest trying to name as much school books as possible: Magical Theory, Magical Drafts And Potions, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, Hogwarts A History, The Dark Forces: A Guide To Self Protection, Book Of Spells and last but not least A History Of Magic. Attumn didn't realise the redhead introduced her as a friend and kept on staring at the ground, she decides to try to think of as many teachers ass possible: Adelaide Ayers, Thurston Barclay, Nadège Benoit, Quillius Falke, Maya Galim, Violet Henley, Alpheus Wordsworth III, Solomon Lear, Leonie Scheinberg, Fainauriel Valtome, Sergei Yanukovych and for the rest she didn't really know, Attumn doesn't even know how she knew so many teachers. She just stood there, waiting until the parents of the redhead left.

(Ok so i tried, you dont need to reread these messages seeing i just described what she was thinking xD)
Last edited by Attumn Murphy on 9th August 2018, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keep Breathing~~~

Emma was happy she had accepted her help, in fact, she began to beam a little. She began to draw a mental image of the locket, it sounded easy to come upon. She wanted to begin looking immediately, but she respected her decision. Hogwarts had to have been filled with thieves she hadn't encountered yet, someone could have easily snatched the charming necklace up off the ground and sold it. 

Well, something like that.

Unexpectedly, she stopped speaking. She stood up and faced two adults, a woman, and a man. It wasn't hard to tell they were Verla's parents, she must have gotten her red hair somewhere. She mentally cringed as she tried to keep a smile, imagining the mental pain the Hufflepuff was going through. The embarrassment was hard to bear.

What exactly did 'go back' mean? Go back to Hogwarts, that was fairly impossible. The school was closed for the rest of the summer now that the summer camp had ended. Her parents were awfully cruel, she couldn't imagine any parents behaving like that.

The brunette had been happy Attumn volunteered to help, but seeing as the way things were going she didn't think they'd have the time. Her parents could have easily lugged her off the platform, or worse, forced her to look for the necklace. 

Had the necklace been that important, and why had her mother came back to receive her from Hogwarts? Great, some family drama. It was peculiar that Verla's very own father didn't know about the abandoning of their very own daughter. She looked up to the redhead's parents and decided to speak in a kind tone. "Mr. and Mrs. Harness, we can look for the necklace if you'd like to, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem." 

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

"No no dear, I'm sure both of your parents are waiting for you, you two run along now." Verla's mother said. Verla scoffed and she almost felt like she was going to get slapped. But surprisingly, she didn't. 

Verla turned to her new friends and asked them if they wanted to stay or go, and how it wasn't up to the parents who abandoned her. From then on, she began to ignore her parents.

As the people cleared out, Verla began looking on the ground again. She tried to hear for the ticking, but too many trains around. Verla felt as though this were hopeless. She had no hope left after getting kicked in the face. "Just ignore my parents, they don't love me any way." She told her new friends. If they were wise, they would listen to her. She watched as they both began to help. When there was a train gone, she checked the train tracks, nothing. She let out a growl of frustration. 

What was she going to do if she couldn't find the necklace. Her mother had once told her that an angel was assigned to the necklace to protect her. She didn't believe it, but just because she didn't, didn't mean it wasn't true.

Reducio
Attumn said I could skip her real-life schedule.

She watched the mob of students slowly turn into specks on people here and there. Some frantic about the whereabouts of their children and some hugging their friends a final goodbye until next year. Most seemed happy to leave Hogwarts, she wasn't.

Emma loved the defiance of Verla, especially in front of her friends. Several times she had spoken out of turn and she had been burned for it, well, not literally. She tried putting herself in her shoes, they were very tight on her as if her jeans had been five sizes too small. Tight wasn't the word she was looking for, it was restricting.

It felt strange to be defying someone other than her own parents. She didn't know if she should have stayed with the Hufflepuff, or made a decent impression with her parents. If only there were some way to do both. Though her mind was set on one task, she metamorphically planted her feet into the without, though she was sure not to stomp. It was more of a pivot in her own location to try and locate her family. Sure enough, they had been there, but how would Mrs. Harness know?

It wasn't hard to tell the difference between her father and herself since her mother couldn't enter the barrier, she presumably waiting near Platform Nine. He had the same dark brown hair and eyes, the only difference was height.

"I was just going to hang out here for a bit, my parents aren't here yet." She said, shrugging with a light sigh to justify her lie. "I have nothing else to do, please, let me help her," she added to Verla's parents, almost pleading.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~