Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in
  Back

Ragged Things  PV November Morsus   Closed 

"Of course it is," November muttered from his place squished against Green's robes as he pointed out how unlikely, illegal, and downright impossible their wishes were, his voice low, quiet, and unmistakeably bitter. Of course it was. Everything that he actually wanted, or needed, or would do him a world of good or solve his problems, well, it just wasn't allowed. It was not for children, or not for anyone, locked away behind piles and piles of useless red tape.

So it was that very early on, November had learned that if you wait for someone to give you what you need, it never comes to be.

If you want to get what you need, you have to take it.

A small smile crept across his face as Green went on, still hidden carefully in the folds of the other boy's robes. "So... We just have to make another one of those stones, and then it can be ours forever, and we can keep each other alive for a thousand years?" He was beaming, now, and wriggling a little in sheer excitement, his body growing warmer to the touch. All they had to do was be clever enough to make this strange, magic stone, and then it would be theirs and theirs alone, and no one could take it from them.

No one.

And it's a strange breed, a different kind of creature looks for love through the eye of a needle

Strength: 6 | Agility: 10 | Control: 10 | Stamina: 4

Green's grin spread across his face like butter on warm toast, smooth and even and rich. Here, he had found it: a boy who had vision. Another, like himself. "Yes," he whispered back, hugging the boy's head a little close, running his fingers through that warm, silky hair. "That's exactly what it means." He swallowed, squeezing him slightly, the thrilling warmth of November's skull incredible beneath his hands. He felt astonished; he had never held someone's head like this before, and he found the warmth to be somehow greater than he had expected, almost electric. Sucking in a deep breath, he wound his fingers in tighter, charged.

"We wouldn't need the stone, even. His notes could be useful, certainly, but there are other, possibly easier means, through potions alone," he continued. "The ingredients, mind, can be difficult to find. Many swear on unicorn's blood, but it's simply impossible to obtain or keep, unicorns being a protected species. But there are infinite ingredients and infinite combinations thereof, so if we keep trying things, we'll have to find SOMETHING," he shrugged, rolling his eyes.

He looked down at November, lifting his chin, appraising the boy now. "We will," he said softly, daring. "Won't we? ... Swear for me."

"Touch me, Midas; make me part of your design."
Encyclopedia Entry (and further history.)
Strength: 1; Agility: 12; Control: 10; Stamina: 7

November sighed softly as he curled further into Green, finding to his surprise that he was enjoying this rather a lot more than he had intended to. Green felt so soft and warm against him, and it was making him feel warm too, in a way that was entirely unfamiliar to him. His breath caught and a million questions ran through his head as Green's fingers combed through his hair, and once again, his hands crawled like spiders under him, sitting on them tight because he didn't know what they would do if they were free.

"Unicorn blood," he mumbled, trying to keep his thoughts on track. He'd hardly even known unicorns existed before this moment, but these little revelations were starting to become less and less surprising. He'd always known there was something being hidden from him, kept from his sight. Had always felt it in his bones.

But something about killing the brilliant fairy-tale creatures struck him as distasteful. They were just animals, after all. Just part of nature, existing only as themselves. (It wasn't anything like killing another human being) But as Green said, there were other ingredients. An infinity of them.

"I swear it," he whispered, suddenly gripping Green sharp and tight, turning madly burning eyes up at him, "I've never wanted anything more in the world, I swear it, I swear it."

And it's a strange breed, a different kind of creature looks for love through the eye of a needle

Green gasped as the thus-far simpering boy suddenly seized him, fingers digging into the soft flesh of his waist. A moment of fear passed through his eyes as he saw that spark of ferocity, his heartbeat stabbing up into his throat; but then it melted away like ice in fire, and he smiled a slow, blazing grin. "Good," he whispered, bringing his hand down to one of November's, touching it lightly. He leaned in, looking down at him. "Good. I will hold you to this, November. I'm going to come and find you again," he said slowly and clearly, staring into his eyes as the train began to pull into the station, whistles blowing.

There was a thump as the train at last rolled to a stop, and his body rocked, bumping the table, sending candies scattering. "Drat," he muttered, hugging November a little closer; but the moment was over. Stooping, he scooped up candies, glanced at November nervously, as if he might disappear. "Fingers crossed for our getting into the same house. But don't worry overmuch if we don't. I'll find you," he warned. "There's a lot of ground to cover, and we'll cover it," he muttered, looking out over the station.

"Touch me, Midas; make me part of your design."
Encyclopedia Entry (and further history.)
Strength: 1; Agility: 12; Control: 10; Stamina: 7

November started as he felt the train jolt to a halt, eyes going wider for a moment, fingers tightening on Green's robes as he realized he had never wanted this train ride to end, never wanted to reach their destination. He wanted to stay in this little train cabin, with this other boy, until the end of time.

But even as he sighed, began to gather his things, he heard Green's words ring in his head. "I'm going to come and find you again." Unless this place was radically different from the one that had come before it, he knew, deep in his bones, that they would try to take Green away from him. Just like everything else he'd ever truly wanted in his life. But nothing he had wanted in his life before, had ever promised to come back to him, to find him no matter how far they were pulled apart...

"You promise?" he asked, beaming, hopeful, ever-hopeful, his tiny hands shaking as he reached for the massive trunk that held all his earthly possessions. That shy and furtive manner had come back to him again, but beneath it was an odd, fiery passion, that refused to be put out.

Back