Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in
  Back

A Whole New World...  Closed 

"Mine's cherry wood and phoenix feather, too, 30,5 centimetres."
Rae said carefully holding her wand. "Its okay it's not as fragile as it looks" Makena said to Rae smiling. "Its cool we have such similar wands all three of us"
"Hufflepuff!"
Maggie said suddenly before grabbing a book she didn't read it for that long she quickly put it down.
"Oh, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be in Hufflepuff. But I would be happy in any house."
"I think Hufflepuff would suit you both, you are both so nice." 
"I wonder which of us will be sorted first."
Makena wanted to say something but she didn't want to be rude so she just stayed quiet it was obvious Maggie remembered it was in alphabetical order.
"I had a question, being from a, um, Muggle family. What is the difference between a pureblood, a half-blood, and a, um...Muggle...blood? I read that Slytherin is mainly pureblood. Isn't a witch a witch and a wizard a wizard?"
Rae asked curiously.
"What is the difference?"
 Maggie asked looking at both Makena and Rae. " Well a muggle-born is somebody who has muggle parents, a wizard born is somebody who has wizard parents but there is probably a few muggles in their family, a pure-blood is somebody who's whole family is wizard born no muggles, a half-blood is somebody who has one muggle parent and one wizard parent like me. I hope that cleared thing p more. Oh and if you didn't know a muggle is a non-magical person." Makena paused for a moment "Sorry for rambling". 

Makena D

"It's cool we have such similar wands all three of us."
"Is that common?" Rae looked at her wand and then held it normally before putting it back in the box with her things.

Rae then listened to Makena's description. Muggle-born, Wizard-born, Half-blood, and Pureblood. Four different types of wizards, but Rae had already assumed what that meant, just from the names. She wondered what kind she was, but still didn't quite know what that would mean.

"But is there really any difference besides parentage?" Rae glanced nervously at Makena and then at Maggie, who seemed to know about as much as she did of the wizarding world. She then stole a quick look across the aisle to see if anyone in the compartment over was offended by her words. A sudden fear came over her that she was bordering on a political discussion. But if that was the case, she thought (and hoped) that Makena would give her an unbiased answer. But how would she know.

Before she left Scottland, her mum had said "Now, Rae, remember, there are certain topics that you must never bring up in polite conversation. You don't talk about religion, politics, or money. It's bound to start something nasty." What if the wizarding world had different rules for taboo topics?

"What I mean is," Rae continued, choosing her words carefully, "One isn't better, or more powerful than another, right? It's just a way of describing who your parents are? Like saying my mum is three-quarters Scottish or someone is half French or something, right?"

"But is there really any difference besides parentage?" Rae glanced nervously at Makena and then at Maggie. "What I mean is," Rae continued, seeming to choose her words carefully, "One isn't better, or more powerful than another, right? It's just a way of describing who your parents are? Like saying my mum is three-quarters Scottish or someone is half French or something, right?" "I don't know." said maggie, looking back out the window. The were pulling through the countryside of lancaster now. Maggie was never one for politics, but was also curious. Maggie checked her muggle watch, and saw that it was 11:47. She wondered what her mother was doing at that moment, but shook it off. She would write to her tonight. That was final. Maggie got more and more nervous as the train got closer to hogwarts. She wondered what Hogwarts looked like. She gave a quick read of Hogwarts: a history before she left, but she was to nervous to process the words. What if the slytherins made fun of her for being a muggleborn? (This isn't part of the roleplay, but when does this take place? Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought this took place in 2018)

Maggie Andrews

"Is that common?"
Rae asked before taking one more look at her wand before putting it back. "I don't think so, everybody's wand suits their personality and strengths." 
"But is there really any difference besides parentage?"
Rae asked glancing nervously at Makena and then at Maggie.
"What I mean is, One isn't better, or more powerful than another, right? It's just a way of describing who your parents are? Like saying my mum is three-quarters Scottish or someone is half French or something, right?"
Rae asked before Maggie spoke
"I don't know."
Maggie said, looking back out the window."I know and no one isn't better than the other everyone is equal in strength but there are some families and probably some students who think that everyone who isn't a pure-blood is lower than they are its cruel and horrible and nobody should be treated in a bad way just because they aren't pure-blooded but you don't have to worry about it not many people think like that anymore."Makena paused for a bit "Sorry for rambling again." Makena looked out the window "It looks like we are close to Hogwarts" Makena looked back at Maggie and Rae "I hope that even if we aren't in the same houses we stay friends." Makena hope they agreed with her Makena then thought to herself 'they seem like nice people who would be great friends maybe even like the Harry, Ron and Hermione of 2018 but maybe that's pushing it' 

Makena D

"I hope that even if we aren't in the same houses we stay friends." Said Makena. Maggie hoped so. Before she could answer, the compartment door slid open. "Anything off the trolly dears?" asked the old witch. Maggie suddenly remembered that her mom packed a few of her favorite sandwiches, and turned the witch down. She turned to her trunk, and pulled out a pickle and salami sandwich, with a can of carbonated fruit punch. Maggie made a habit of reading while she ate, so she pulled out her copy of "The fault in our stars" And pulled out her bookmark. She flipped the pages while she ate, and checked her watch again to see that it was 12:15. The first time Maggie read one of her magical books, she was startled to see that the pictures and illustrations moved. Since this book was a muggle book and had no illustrations so she wasn't very surprised. She pulled out some skittles for dessert, and shared some with her friends. For the umpteenth time that day, her mind wandered to what would happen to her mum. She would send her a letter tonight for sure, right? Right. Once she checked her watch again, she saw that it was 12:37

Maggie Andrews

Makena was waiting for them to reply when the compartment door slid open 
"Anything off the trolley dears?"
Asked an old woman with a cart full of sweets and chocolates Makena wanted something but she had spent all her money buying school supplies her mother only gave her enough for that, Makena stomach rumbled she was use to it so she just ignored her huger and replied to the old lady "No thank you." Makena looked at Maggie who was pulling out sandwiches from her trunk she then grabbed out a book 'the fault in our stars' Makena heard it was a good book but she never got the chance to read it, Maggie started reading her book and eating. Makena looked out of the window she hoped they would arrive at Hogwarts soon she couldn't wait to see what it was like. Makena looked back at Maggie and Rae Makena noticed Maggie had been checking her watch "So what time is it?" Makena asked curiously she knew the train would get at Hogwarts for around 1. Whilst she waited for a reply Makena looked in her bag hoping Kaleb her best friend from home would of snuck her some food, luckily for Makena he did Makena took out a small chocolate bar it wasn't much but it would do until she arrived. 

When we get to Hogwarts I think we should make a new thread in the Great Hall just for us three so we could start it when we get inside Hogwarts and then we could go from there what do you guys think.

Makena D

"So what time is it?" asked Makena, causing Maggie to look up from her book. Rae had been silent for the past hour, and makena had a chocholate bar in her hand. "Umm..." she said, checking her watch, "12:56" just then, a voice came out of nowhere, seeming to fill the whole train. "We will be arriving at Hogwarts shortly, if you haven't already, change into your robes." They all slipped their robes over their clothes, and Maggie looked out the window. The train was chugging through the mountains of scotland now. The sun was at it's highest point yet, and started sinking. They packed their stuff up, and the train started getting slower and slower and it pulled into hogsmead station. Maggie checked her watch again, and it said 1:12. by the time they clambered off the train, it was already 1:34 they walked from hogsmeade to the lake. By the time they got to the lake, it was about 3:45
(This was a little vague, so feel free to build on it with conversations and such, and when we are done with building on this part of the chat, we can make a new chat in the great hall, and then our dormitories)

Maggie Andrews

Listening to Makena's description, Rae was only able to nod. She didn't like the idea that there was such bigotry, even here. She liked to think that she wouldn't meet many of those people, but also knew that it probably couldn't be avoided.
"I hope that even if we aren't in the same house we stay friends."
Rae smiled at Makena. "Of course we can! Just because we'll, what, be on different, uh..." Rae didn't know about any wizard sports, and had only briefly heard the term quidditch in her time in Diagon Alley, but had forgotten it soon after. She decided to continue her sentence with "sports teams and sleep in different dorms doesn't mean we'll be in different classes or have to hang out separately, yeah?" She imagined them all out studying together in the library or hanging out at lunch.

As time passed, she chatted with the other two until they arrived at Hogwarts. The castle was impressive to say the least. It was actually pretty amazing, much more impressive than it looked in the pictures from Hogwarts, A History.

"Oh wow..." Rae gasped. She didn't yet fully comprehend that this is where she would spend the next seven years. "It's...it's beautiful! I've never seen something quite like that before!"

The view from the boats was even better. She was astounded, to say the least. And her excitement was beginning to set in.

I think that would be a great idea, Makena! And it looks like we're about there, actually, haha!
  Back