Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in

Compartment 13  Open   Closed 

Jamie couldn’t remember ever having felt so many different emotions all at once. On the one hand he had just said goodbye to his parents and would not be seeing them for month, so part of him wanted to curl up and cry. (Not that he ever would in front of all the other students. Talk about embarrassing.) Another part was in absolute awe with everything around him. He was sitting on the train that would take him to a magical school where he’d learn how to become a real wizard! But most of him was just terribly nervous because despite trying to be prepared he still had very little idea of what would lie ahead.

He sat very still however, as children, like dogs, could smell fear. There were so many other children  with him on the train but Jamie obviously didn’t know any of them and he didn’t quite know how to start a conversation either. Jamie was a good listener and he was wildly curious about the other children but he just wasn’t all that great at making the first move. It wasn’t like Jamie was quiet exactly, he would talk your ear of if you invited him to, but he had to be invited. If not asked for his opinion he’d more often than not just sit and listen. Today it was really important to make friends though, for he knew from experience that not having any friends at school felt miserable.

Reducio
Hello everyone! Two spots are still free. Please don't be shy. I can't wait to meet your adorable first years.

Ah, feel free to mention your character has seen Jamie (who is Korean) with his two fathers (who are European) saying goodbye at the platform. They do draw attention from time to time.
Last edited by Jamie Campbell on 6th May 2018, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiara was, of course, nervous and happy to be going to Hogwarts. This would be the first time she went on her own without her mother and brother and she doesn't know how she'll adjust but this is the school where she'll learn to be a wizard. Up until her 11th birthday, she didn't know that magic was real but when the owl swooped in and dropped her letter she knew that this would be the beginning of her life. She stood at the platform (which was hard for her to find) and she hugged her mother and brother goodbye. Her mother was too busy kissing all over her face and reading a list she written to make sure she had everything she needed to notice how embarrassed Kiara is. Kiara looked around and saw all the other students and how happy they were and she even noticed a boy who looked to be her age. She noticed how he had two fathers hug him and he went on the train and she thought it was about time for her to get on as well. SHe bid her mom and brother goodbye and said the usual I love you. This is it! Kiara thought as she stepped on to the train with wide eyes.

FInding a compartment to sit in was the hardest for Kiara because she felt like everyone has already cliqued together. She almost gave up looking for a seat until she stopped at Compartment 13 and saw the same boy from earlier along with some other students. "May I join you?" She asked him and she gave him a warm smile.

ON BREAK FOR GRADUATION

Parcel pushed his way through the cluster of kids standing in the hallway of the train. Most of them seemed to be looking out the windows to try and find their parents for a last goodbye before the train leaves. Not being to nervous, and having already said goodbye to his parents on the platform, he didn't bother trying to look for them in this crowd. Instead he focused his attention on finding somewhere to sit.

He held a bag in his right hand, holding it in front of him to try and slither his way through the crowd. But now and again his jacket would get stuck in door handles and such. He hadn't changed into his brand new uniform yet, so he was wearing his everyday clothes. He heard that most of the students changed under the train ride so he packed them in his bag for easy access. Well, that, and some snacks his mother had given him. Looking through the glass each door had he tried to see if he could find any empty seats, but having already passed by like 7 compartments and still not finding one that had room was getting on his nerves. Did he come late or something? does he have to sit in the hallway? Thinking like that he passed the twelfth compartment and finally! finally he saw some empty seats. Almost passing by the thirteenth compartment he nearly missed it. But he stopped him self and pulled the compartment door open. Inside he saw some kids, but also several empty seats. He went in and slumped down in the seat closest to the window.
"I hope this seat isn't taken! ugh, there is still so many kids standing in the hallway that its almost impossible to get through!"
Parcel looked at the children already in the compartment and smiled.
"Didn't need to say a extra goodbye to your mom's and dad's either? I'm Paracelsus by the way! Paracelsus Adger Myth, but pleas just call me Parcel. You guy's look about my age, we're going to be classmates right?"
Looking at the kids in the compartment he sat down in, it seemed to him that all was about the same age as him.

One day we'll all die, but all other days we won't
sta:3 agi:3 str:5 con:7 acp:5 acc:7 Broom: Comet 260

Kiara shrugged in walked into the compartment and had a seat next to Parcel. "Well hello, Parcel I'm Kiara." She held out her trembling hand and laughed a little when she looked down at it. "You must excuse me, I'm from the muggle world." She questions the last part, still learning the wizards vocabulary. She grabbed a book on the wizarding history and opened the first page. She did as much reading as she could to make sure she knew about the new place she would be living at for the next seven years.

She looked at Parcel ready to say something then shut her mouth. "Do you think we could maybe be friends?" She looked at him and then the other boy who looked to be of Asian descent. "I'm pretty sure you guys know more on this than I do and I don't want to seem like some crazy lady. She gave them big bright smiles as she was finally in her element. She loved talking to people and making new friends.

ON BREAK FOR GRADUATION

With some leather bags lazily tossed over her shoulder and a tired yet determined look, Piper Flint marched her way to find a seat. Her brother, being a year older, had already gone through this process, but it was still quite frightening. It did not help that she was late as per usual, resulting in some impatient glances her way as she tried to quickly squeeze through. Piper did not mind too much though, as it took all her energy just to focus on staying awake and finding somewhere to sit. At last, she got to Compartment 13. "Isn't that an unlucky number?" she thought, "How fitting!" Piper quickly stepped in and sat in the nearest open spot.
"Hey," she briefly introduced herself to each of them, "Piper Flint. Swansea, Wales. Nice t' meet ya." She paused to stretch her arms and yawn, not caring too much to cover her mouth to be polite. It was also this moment she realized that she had not brushed part of her hair and her shirt was not completely buttoned, but it was too late to fix that. It was an honest first impression, at least.
"I'm probably going t' take a nap at some point, but I don't snore," Piper mentioned while trying to pat down her untamable curls, "So... wake me up when we get there. I brought snacks if anyone of ya gets hungry." She motioned to one of her bags before leaning back in her seat.

-- Piper Flint.

A young girl appeared in the doorway, asking Jamie if she could join. „Of course, come on in”, he greeted her, returning her smile. Before he could say more, or bring himself to say more a boy arrived and asked them if they hadn’t wanted to say an extra goodbye. Jamie wasn’t quite sure how to explain that a) he had two fathers and b) he loved them dearly and hadn’t wanted to say goodbye at all. The question if they were going to be classmates made it obvious that Paracelsus too was a first year, otherwise he would have known his classmates. “I’m a first year too”, Jamie agreed. “My name is Jamie Campbell”, he introduced himself after Kiara.

He was a bit surprised by her sudden offer of friendship and didn’t quite know how to reply and therefore tried to change topic: “Oh, I’m muggleborn too. Well, actually I’m not sure if I’m muggleborn because I don’t remember my birth parents. But I’m definitely muggle raised. I mean, I had no idea I was a wizard until my eleventh birthday.” Truly they had only just learned the world ‘muggle’ from the people from the ministry that had come to explain it all to them. It was then that they were joined by another girl. “Nice to meet you, Piper. I’m Jamie”, he replied instantly. There he was doing alright, wasn’t he?

Noticing Jamie's nervousness and wanting to know all of them better, Piper decided to join in, even though every part of her was begging for some sleep. Her first day at Hogwarts had her so excited that she hardly got a wink of sleep last night. She felt like she had the worst of luck, but was fortunate not have missed the train. It also relieved her knowing that she was not the very last one on the train.

"Ah, I'm the same, I don't know my birth parents either," she said, "My brother and I were raised without knowing about magic, but turns out my dad was a wizard all along!" Mr. Flint is a well-known doctor in their Swansea community, having volunteered his services to help those who have trouble getting medical care. He was skilled in his work, with his name popping up in many research papers and having lectured at several schools. Mrs. Flint was also equally famous, having advanced the technology of braces and casts. Piper and her brother enjoyed bragging about him and their mother, but she didn't want to go on a tangent and dominate the conversation, so she restrained herself.

"I bet all of you are feeling excited and overwhelmed, too, huh?"

-- Piper Flint.

Kiara perks up when she hears that her, Jamie and Piper grew up similarly. "My dad is a Wizard but he left me and my mom when I was only 5 years old. I never knew about Magic until my birthday." Kiara leans in her seat and frowns a little. "I do wish that I can meet him again someday." She wipes her eyes and puts on a smile. "But enough about me and my sad life." She laughs and looks at them. "This is so exciting guys. We're wizards!" SHe squealed out, a little too excited.

"Overwhelmed is an understatement. I have so many emotions in me right now. But I do know I'll miss my mom dearly." Kiara fixed the robes that they asked her to wear. "I do hope we can all be friends after this train ride." She looked at them with hopeful eyes. She thought about how she didn't want to go through this journey alone. She read many stories about Hogwarts and how big the castle is and Kiara being a natural adventurer, she needed some partner in crimes to wander with her.

"Hey, guys which house do you think you would want to be sorted in?"

ON BREAK FOR GRADUATION

Parcel listened intently to the conversation of the other kids. It seemed like all of them was as exited going to Hogwarts as he was! He found it kind of ironic that he was the only one in the compartment, on the way to a wizard school, that was actually raised by wizards. He wondered if it was weird being told magic exists and such, hmm, he was also curious as to know how their parents reacted to being told their child was a wizard or witch. Maybe he would ask them later.

"I hope to get into Hufflepuff or Gryffindor, they sound the nicest in my opinion. It's not like any of the houses would be bad i think, but i don't feel like i'm the right fit for either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Both my parents where Hufflepuff's so it would be fun to go to the same house as them. And Grandpa was a Gryffindor, so he speaks very highly of that house.Oh! and Grandma was a Ravenclaw, but we have never had a Slytherin in the family. At least not that i know of"

Coming from a pure-blood wizard family he already knew most of the common knowledge about Hogwarts. He was really looking forward to arriving, so that he to could start learning magic! He was tired of only watching as the grownups in his family was allowed to do magic, and impatient to try for himself!

"So Kiara, Piper and Jamie, nice to meet you all! And sure, we can be friends! Who knows, maybe we'll even end up in the same house!"
Parcel looked at each of them in turn to try and remember their faces and names.

Jamie was frankly very reassured that he wasn’t the only kid who had no clue what Hogwarts would be like. It felt more fun this way, like they were going on an adventure together and not like he was the only one who didn’t get the joke. Jamie was surprised by Kiaria’s openness about her feelings towards, well, almost strangers. Sure, some part of Jamie would have liked to know why his real parents had given him away but that thought was so private that he’d not even shared it with his father’s yet.

“My dad’s have a bet going. Jared insists I’ll be in Gryffindor but Samuel is sure I’ll be a Ravenclaw. But I’m not sure, sounds more like they were wishing than actually thinking I was all that smart or brave. But I'll send them an owl as soon as I can to let them know who won the 5 pounds”, he told the others. Frankly Jamie had no idea which house he’d end up in because he really wasn’t sure what he was actually like. He’d never much thought about it. To him he’d always just been himself. “Yeah, maybe”, Jamie agreed although it seemed statistically unlikely. What was the probability of four people being sorted into the same house? 1/4+*4, right? “Is it hard to stay friends with people from other houses?”, he asked because he truly didn’t know.

Parcel looked out of the trains window. The train had started to move which meant it wouldn't be many hours before they arrived at Hogwarts... or, at least he hoped it wouldn't take to long to arrive, he was really looking forward to arriving!

Turning his attention back to the boy sitting opposite to him he tried to answer Jamie's question to the best of his knowledge. Which really wasn't all that much, what he knew was mostly from stories his parents had told him, and also some gossip he heard in the Diagon Alley.
"I don't see why that would be a problem, well, as long as you don't stay in your common room all day, then we'll only be able to meet up if we are in the same house. Because only the people in the same house are allowed to enter the same common room. But my grandparents was in two different houses and they ended up marrying each other after they graduated. So if people are able to get that close to each other i think it is possible to stay friends if we end up in different houses to!"
Parcel started scratching a scar he had on the right side of his chin while explaining his thoughts on the matter. He wasn't sure, but he guessed it was possible to stay friends after entering Hogwarts, even if they ended up in different houses.
"Oh! And wait, did you say you have two fathers? How does that work? Wouldn't one of them have to be your mother for you to be born?"
Parcel was more curious about that than if they were going to see each other after the train ride, that one was a given he thought, they were going to the same school after all.
But coming from a relatively big wizarding community he had never had much contact with the outside world. He had been to towns, and interacted with muggles before, but he had never encountered anyone that was gay before. So he had a bit of trouble understanding how two dads could have a child together.

Reducio
OOC: Sorry for the late reply, i was waiting to see if some of the other people would post, but it seems like they haven't been on the site lately, so i figured i could post again.