Platform 9¾

Register
Sign in
  Back

9 3/4 and Compartment 2

Aha! It was Italian! Archer thought in triumph. Unfortunately, the only two words he knew in Italian was grazie, and bravo. Those are Italian words, right? He laughed as he witnessed Anna jumping on the quiet girl, partly from amusement, and partly from relief that the mysterious, still unnamed girl was opening up. It seems that she was not an otherworldly creature out to get him after all. Or maybe... That's what she wants you to think... Archer thought warily. However, he cast the thought out as another attempt of freaking himself out and instead spoke to the girl, "That's really cool! Maybe you can teach me some words sometimes. What was your name again?" Strangely, despite the girl finally speaking up, no names have actually been offered. What if she's a demon? I heard that if someone speaks a demon's true name, they can control her. Maybe that's why she doesn't want to tell me?

Whatever it was, he was glad that he did not seem to be the only one that doesn't know about this Voldemort. Luckily for the both of them, Erin was happy to divulge. When she asked whether they had any questions, Archer shook his head, eyes full of wonder. It was not that he did not have any question, is that he had TOO many questions that he didn't know which to ask. Triwizard Tournament? Prophecies? Dark wizards? Soul Splitting?! IMMORTALITY!? What am I getting myself into?! Whatever it is, Archer can't wait.

"What happened then?" He asked impatiently.

Reducio
OOC: Up to you. I think it would be interesting for you to RP Erin telling the story, as Archer would recall specific details in the future, as you tell it. But if it's too much work just RP it as, "Then Erin told the story." or something similar. Telling the story could also be used as a sort of time-skip so we're not still at the first-leg of this train ride :P

9 3/4 and Compartment 2

( Just pretend Ruby has an accent, Italiano or a cross between Italiano and Deutsch! (If that is possible, idk! :D )    
     Ruby would wearily respond with a;" S-Sure, I can try to t-teach you Italiano, a-and my name is R-Ruby... She would choke out, too terrified of her sister to choke out "Ruby" loud enough. " TU IDIOTA! Leave me alone, Anna... " The terrified Italian would squeak, terrified of another hug, and she would shaking pull out a book, aiming to threaten her with knocking her unconscious with the heavy book if they take another step closer.  
     Anna, getting the message as she knows Ruby is not lying, quickly runs to her seat, and Ruby would sit down, shaking from the terrifying experience that she narrowly escaped. The hiding hadn't worked, so Ruby had to go through desperate measures as the both of them listened to Erin's story. Ruby was easily scared, so she would hide her face and start shaking a little bit as she heard about Voldemort. No wonder why mi madre kept this information away from me, I am too easily scared... 
     Besides her being scared easily, Ruby found herself easily enjoying the story, therefore she would take a peek out of her hiding spot and stare at Erin as to pay attention. When they were done with the brief explanation and they stopped to ask if they were confused, Ruby would timidly ask " W-Why were they that way? T-they seem like they have s-some issues... " Way to go, captain obvious... Feeling a bit shy at the moment, Ruby would hide her face with her hands, slightly embarrassed for no particular reason. I wonder if they think I am weird, my sister definitely thinks so... Fortunately,  I think she is weird too, take that, you weirdo! She would think with a  triumphant smile gracing her face upon her silent declaration about her sister. 

The girl whose best friends are books

9 3/4 and Compartment 2

Erin nodded sagely in response to Ruby's comment, "They most definitely had problems. Why? Voldemort was one messed up guy, and nobody can know his exact motives. All we can do is wish none of those horrors had ever happened."

At Archer's prompting, Erin cleared her throat and continued, "Lord Voldemort was once more on the rise. Harry faces more obstacles at Hogwarts under a new, horrible, cruel teacher Dolores Umbridge. In response to the increasing restrictions the evil teacher was bringing over the school, Harry formed a secret organization called Dumbledore's Army. The group was eventually discovered, and because of the name, Dumbledore, the headmaster, was held responsible. He disappeared, and Umbridge took over. Around that time Harry had been having strange dreams connected with Voldemort, and one day he had a vision that his godfather Sirius Black was in trouble. In the rescue attempt, everything went wrong. It was all a set up to get Harry to find the prophecy about Voldemort's downfall. They were ambushed, the prophecy was destroyed, and Sirius Black died in the following battle. Voldemort showed up and was only prevented from killing Harry by the reappearance of Dumbledore, who dueled with the Dark Lord who then fled the scene. Then started the Second Wizarding War.

Erin paused a moment. The final bit she had to say would be a little complicated to explain if she went into too much detail, so she decided on a more general approach, "After this series of events plays out, Umbridge was removed from the picture and Dumbledore took the position of headmaster once more. The headmaster tasked Harry and his friends with finding and destroying Voldemort's Horcruxes, the items with the pieces of his soul, in order to vanquish the Dark Lord. Shortly after this, Dumbledore was murdered by a close friend and Harry's professor, Severus Snape. It wouldn't be until Snape's death in the Battle of Hogwarts that Harry finds out that Dumbledore had ordered Snape to kill him... for complicated reasons that involve another story. Harry managed to destroy all but two of the Horcruxes, but then Voldemort attacked Hogwarts, resulting in the Battle of Hogwarts. They barely managed to fend him off. Many people close to Harry died in that battle, and when Voldemort threatened to finish them if Harry did not give himself up, Harry felt he had no choice but to do so. Voldemort killed Harry, unknowingly sealing his fate. For a piece of Voldemort's soul had been attached to Harry. But Don't worry, Harry doesn't stay dead. He comes back, it's complicated and delves into the other story I mentioned earlier, and Harry and his friends defeat Voldemort forever! And so ends the Second Wizarding War.

Erin watched her companions' faces for their reactions, smiling to herself. She always loved such magical stories, and it only made it better that this one actually happened, "If you would like a more in-depth explanation, I would highly recommend reading the books. They are quite fascinating and should clear up any questions you might have."

Reducio
Ah, sorry for the long delay. And I also apologize for the awful quality.

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.
-Edgar Allan Poe

9 3/4 and Compartment 2

( Sorry for being lazy, but here I am! also my O key is acting up, srry for the short response! ).
     After they finished the story, Ruby would smile and pull her sketchbook out, and she would make fan art for an anime she had recently taking a liking to. She would contently sketch the character's basic frame first, which took a short while. When that was done, she would start adding more details after she cleaned it up a bit. When she was satisfied with how the drawing looked, she would grab her colored pencils and carefully color the drawing. After that, Ruby would yawn, ready to take yet another nap as she would lay down on the seats, falling asleep instantly. ( An ability I wish I had )

The girl whose best friends are books
  Back